Are you looking for the best Webflow alternatives? Or, do you wish to build your website on a different platform other than Webflow? If yes, then you’ve precisely landed on the right page!
Webflow is a popular cloud-based website builder platform. It allows you to create, launch, and maintain an entire website without any coding. Along with that, its intuitive interface with drag & drop editor makes your building experience even effortless.
However, it’s always a good idea to check out the different Webflow alternatives before settling on this specific site builder. Therefore, we’ve prepared a list of some of the most well-known Webflow alternatives in this article.
So, let’s get rolling!
What is Webflow?
Established in 2013, Webflow is one of the top website-building platforms among designers, marketers, and developers. More than 3 million designers and teams use this site builder to build, collaborate on, and develop stunning websites.
Moreover, it comes with responsive website templates for designers, businesses, and personal use. There is a 1000+ collection of website templates to choose from. Also, you can create a Collection to let Webflow automatically generate a template page for your content.
In addition to that, it gives you complete control over the structure of your content and defines them the way you want. Also, there are various customization elements. Like color, font, animations, layout, slider/carousel, CSS styling, flexbox, lightbox, and more.
Besides, Webflow is a hosted software. That being said, you can select the plans, and features, and host your site on Webflow rather than searching for other hosting providers.
Features of Webflow:
- Offers rich text that enables you to generate long-form text content, headings, bold, italics, bullets & lists, embeds images, videos, etc.
- Allows you to clone and tweak others’ designs to kickstart your website.
- Automatically creates a backup of your website and lets you restore it within a click.
- Being an SEO-optimized platform (Search Engine Optimization), it provides clean, semantic code, super-fast loading pages, mobile-friendly, etc.
- Organize your projects with folders and also be able to lock your projects from being deleted or accidentally removed by teammates.
- Display featured content or blog entries on a specific topic by simply filtering dynamic content. Or, even sort the content by date range, alphabet, etc.
- Provides white labeling so you can replace the Webflow logo with your company’s logo.
- Integrated with Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Zapier, Google Domains, and so on.
Webflow offers both free and paid versions.
Its Starter Plan, also called the free version, includes a webflow.io domain, 50 CMS (Content Management System) items, 1 GB bandwidth, 1000 monthly visits, 2 static pages, 50/lifetime form submissions, etc.
For the premium plans, there are 4 pricing packages:
- Basic Plan: Costs $12/month, billed yearly. Includes a custom domain, 50 GB bandwidth, 25K monthly visits, regional CDN (Content Delivery Network), 100 static pages, backups, etc.
- CMS Plan: Costs $16/month, billed yearly. It includes 2K CMS items, 200 GB bandwidth, 3 guest editors, 100K monthly visits, 301 redirects, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs $36/month, billed yearly. It includes 10K CMS items, 400 GB bandwidth, 10 guest editors, form file upload, 2500/month form submissions, etc.
- Enterprise Plan: You can contact the team for this plan. It includes a custom domain, 10K+ CMS items, custom bandwidth, custom guest editors, uptime SLAs, etc.
With that, let’s move to our next section of this Webflow alternatives blog!
Why Do You Need Webflow Alternatives & Competitors?
Undoubtedly, Webflow is among the most widely used website builder platforms. Users of G2 Reviews have given 4.4 stars out of 5-star ratings to the Webflow by 373 genuine users. This definitely proves that Webflow is a trustworthy platform with plenty of handy features.
However, there are a lot of top-notch platforms as well to choose from. And, some of them can definitely meet your needs and requirements better than Webflow.
So, check out a few of the reasons why you might wish to switch from Webflow to one of its alternatives.
- Not suitable for beginners. The downside of having such a strong and diverse tool is that it requires significant technical knowledge.
- Challenging to choose the best plan for you with so many options and plans available. If you need more sophisticated features like blog or eCommerce, then it can get pricey.
- Limited integrations and built-in features.
- Doesn’t come with live chat or phone support.
Don’t worry though! There are several excellent website builder platforms that can satisfy your needs. So, we’ll look at all of the Webflow alternatives.
Summary of the Best Webflow Alternatives & Competitors
|Webflow Alternatives||Starting Price||Free/Trial Version||Security and SEO||Plugins / Integrations||Hosting Option||Ratings|
|WordPress||$0 (Free)||Free Version||Yes||Yes||No||3.8/5 – Trustpilot|
4.4/5 – G2 Reviews
|Wix||$0 (Free) / Paid users: 4.50/month||Free Version||Yes||Yes||Yes||4.4/5 – Trustpilot|
4.2/5 – G2 Reviews
|Weebly||$0 (Free) / Paid users: $5/month, paid annually||Free Version||Yes||Yes||Yes||4.2/5 – G2 Reviews|
|Squarespace||$6/month, paid annually||14-day Free Trial||Yes||Yes||Yes||4.4/5 – G2 Reviews|
|Zyro||$2.99/month||No, although a 30-day money-back guarantee||Yes||Yes||Yes||4.4/5 – Trustpilot|
4.6/5 – G2 Reviews
7 Best Webflow Alternatives & Competitors for 2022
Go through the list of the best Webflow alternatives along with their descriptions and features to see which is ideal for your website.
WordPress is one of the most widely used CMS platforms that covers 43% of websites on the internet built using this platform. This open-source website builder allows you to easily create and manage simple to complex websites.
Along with that, it comes with a user-friendly interface that is easy for even beginners to start their website. Also, you’ll have complete control over the design, style, appearance, and functionality of your website due to the customization option. That being said, you can usually create your web pages through the front end, without even having to touch the code.
However, note that we’re talking about WordPress.org although there are 2 types: WordPress.org and WordPress.com. Also, since WordPress.org is a self-hosted platform, it mandates you to purchase a hosting plan, domain name, set up, and maintain your site.
Learn more about WordPress from here!
Key Features & Advantages of WordPress over Webflow:
- Publishing tools make it easy for you to manage your content like create drafts, schedule publication, post revisions, etc.
- With user management, provide access according to user role like let admin manage the site, editor work with content, authors and contributors write content, etc.
- Offers 9900+ free WordPress themes, as well as premium themes in a different marketplace, are available.
- To extend the functionality of your WordPress website, there are over 60K WordPress plugins.
- Fully SEO-optimized platform, along with plenty of SEO plugins for more fine-grained SEO control.
- Available in more than 70 languages, however, English is the most preferred one.
- With plenty of features available, it might be overwhelming for you if you don’t have a clear plan for your website.
- Being open-source, it doesn’t have dedicated support, instead, you need to rely on the community forums.
- Although it’s free, it simply costs you for hosting solutions and domain names as you need to purchase them from hosting companies.
- You’re responsible for security, backups, and installing updates for your website.
WordPress is a free platform to download and use for creating websites. However, there are costs involved in keeping a site up to date, Since it’s a self-hosted site builder, you’ll need to buy your own hosting plan and domain.
- WordPress Starter Plan: Starts at $2.59/month for 1 website, free domain included, unlimited traffic, free SSL certificate, etc.
- WordPress Unlimited Plan: Starts at $3.95/month for unlimited websites, free automated WordPress migrations, unlimited email @ your domain, etc.
Additionally, there are other costs to consider while launching your site. Such as you might need premium plugins and themes, and thus, your cost will vary as per need and usage.
WordPress Support and User Reviews
There’s no dedicated customer support in WordPress. But it comes with a really powerful and useful forum community for support. There, you can ask your queries, answer others’ queries, report bugs, and much more.
Along with that, you can also find documentation and guides on simple to complex topics along with how to get assistance for problems. So, you can easily configure various settings. Also, its FAQs section comes with answers for the most common issues.
Moving to the reviews of WordPress!
According to the users of Trustpilot, WordPress receives a 3.8/5 star rating which is a decent rating by 184 real users.
Similarly, G2 Reviews users have given 4.4 stars out of 5-star ratings on the basis of 8443 genuine users.
To sum up, WordPress provides all of its features for free than Webflow as its features are based on your pricing plan. Also, WordPress offers a wide selection of free themes and plugins for better functionality. So, even if you hire professionals, it can cost you cheaper than Webflow.
Apart from that, it’s suitable for websites like blogs, businesses, eCommerce, personal, portfolios, etc. It’s the ideal platform if you’re looking for lots of design, customization, and flexibility.
Thus, it’s one of the worthy alternatives to Webflow where you won’t need to spend more on features that you don’t need.
Are you looking for a detailed comparison of Webflow vs WordPress?
We’ve prepared a detailed comparison of Webflow vs WordPress where you can find the similarities and differences in important aspects. For that, click on the guide below:
Wix is yet another simple, beginner-friendly website builder that lets you create, design, manage, and develop your web presence easily. It offers a flexible drag-and-drop option for creating your professional website without any limits.
Moreover, you can start from scratch or choose from 500+ customizable website templates that are built to meet your business needs. Along with that, it offers various elements to include on your sites like animation, scroll effects, video backgrounds, and more.
Besides, you need to know that Wix offers 2 choices: Wix ADI and Wix Editor. Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) designs your website based on answers to a few questions. Yet, you can make the edits to the final design to hand over control.
Key Features & Advantages of Wix over Webflow:
- Drag-and-drop functionality where you can simply move and arrange elements by clicking and holding. This makes it easier to build your website.
- Automatically create backup points for your website that can be restored at any time so you can always keep your valuable information.
- Comes with hundreds of website apps like newsletter tools, live chat software, online booking widgets, and so on.
- Able to track your site’s performance and stats with the help of analytics.
- Quickly manage your contacts and collect subscribers in one organized place.
- Provides you with a professional-looking custom domain or you can connect one you already own.
- Offers advanced features for your online stores like store manager, multiple payment methods, coupons, discounts, etc.
- There are Wix ads on its free plan on your website.
- No custom domain name on its free plan. For example, your site URL with the Wix subdomain will look like “www.yourname.wixsite.com/yoursitename”.
- Can be challenging to transfer your site to a different platform.
Wix comes with both free and premium plans. For the free plan, you can get started by simply creating an account.
For the premium plans, there are 2 sets of categories: Website Plans and Business and eCommerce Plans.
There are 4 pricing options in the Website Plans:
- Custom Domain Plan: Costs $4.50/month, including a custom domain, free SSL certificate, 1 GB bandwidth, 500 MB storage space, etc.
- Combo Plan: Costs $8.50/month, including free domain for 1 year, remove Wix ads, 2 GB bandwidth, 3 GB storage space, etc.
- Unlimited Plan: Costs $12.50/month, including unlimited bandwidth, 10 GB storage space, 1 hour of video, site booster app free for 1 year, etc.
- VIP Plan: Costs $24.50/month, including 5 hours of video, visitor analytics app, professional logo, social media logo files, priority support, etc.
Similarly, it’s Business and eCommerce Plans come with 3 pricing options:
- Business Basic Plan: Costs $17/month, including secure online payments, plans & recurring payments, customer accounts, custom domain, free domain for 1 year, etc.
- Business Unlimited Plan: Costs $25/month, including removing Wix ads, unlimited bandwidth, 35 GB storage space, unlimited products, abandoned cart recovery, etc.
- Business VIP Plan: Costs $35/month, including customized reports, unlimited video hours, subscriptions, automated sales tax, dropshipping, etc.
Wix Support and User Reviews
Talking about the support of Wix! It comes with great support for both its free and paid users. You can check out its tutorials and guides on the help center of Wix which comes with a solution for common problems.
They also have an active community of people and forums where they help out each other. There, you can post your queries or provide an answer to others’ queries.
Along with that, it comes with priority customer support for its premium users. Also, they have phone and email support options as well.
Coming to the Wix reviews!
As per the reviews of 6010 reviewers, Wix scores 4.4 stars out of 5 on the Trustpilot which is great.
Likewise, according to the users of G2 Reviews, Wix receives a 4.2/5 star rating. This is evaluated by the reviews of 1517 genuine users.
In conclusion, you can definitely choose Wix over Webflow as one of its alternatives. Because even if you don’t have any type of design for your site, you won’t get lost. Its ADI has got your back! It will build a website that can be closest to your requirements.
This platform is best for personal and portfolio websites, photography websites, or any site with limited pages. Also, it’s suitable for a beginner who is just starting out on their website. It’ll probably be a small site with your own customization.
However, its major downside is, you’ll find it difficult to move to alternative site-creating tools, unlike Webflow.
Are you confused between WordPress and Wix?
To get you out of your confusion, click on the article below on WordPress vs Wix:
Weebly is one of the ideal alternatives to Webflow which is an easy-to-use site builder. It comes with an option with a drag-and-drop editor similar to the Wix although it’s cheaper. This platform offers a complete set of advanced design features and experiences.
Further, it’s best known for a range of templates and customization options from ultra-modern minimalist to bold and classic. Along with that, you’ll have control over the entire layout like changing the font, header, color scheme, design elements, etc.
On top of that, it gives tough competition to most of the eCommerce platforms as well by offering advanced eCommerce features. Because you can get your eCommerce website up with options like design theme, add products, shipping, taxes, payments, free hosting, etc.
Key Features & Advantages of Weebly over Webflow:
Here are the Weebly features you should know:
- Provides a free hosting service that ensures site speed and reliability.
- With advanced blog management and customization, you can have full control over layout and post structure.
- Its online form builder makes it easy to build custom contact forms, lists, surveys, etc. to integrate these elements on your site.
- Purchase your own domain name within Weebly that requires no setup. Also, its domain name search tool checks whether your perfect domain is available.
- Grow your business with email marketing tools that let you create email marketing campaigns, stats, segmentations, and more.
- Wide range of 3rd party integration which includes shipping and marketing apps to calendar and menu integrations.
- There’s still room to enhance the blogging functionality.
- Can face some issues with backing up your website.
- For each sale you make via the Weebly store, it charges you a transaction fee of 3%. So, you need to upgrade to the Business Plan.
In terms of pricing, Weebly offers both free and paid plans. You can quickly get started with the free version.
However, for the paid plans, there are 4 Weebly pricing plans:
- Connect Plan: Costs $5/month, paid annually. Includes free SSL security, connects a custom domain, SEO, lead capture and contact forms, etc.
- Pro Plan: Costs $12/month, paid annually. Includes unlimited storage, removing Weebly ads, site search, shopping cart, advanced site stats, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs $25/month, paid annually. Includes item options, inventory management, shipping calculator, pop-up notifications, advanced eCommerce stats, etc.
- Business Plus Plan: Costs $38/month, paid annually. Includes abandoned cart emails, real-time shipping, best shipping discounts, automatic tax calculator, etc.
Weebly Support and User Reviews
Weebly provides excellent support to its customers as the dedicated support team is always there to assist you. However, this service is available for its premium users only. You can get support via chat, email, and phone.
Don’t be concerned if you’re a free user. Because it comes with community help forums. Along with that, you can also find several helpful articles and guidelines in its knowledge base section.
So, before seeking support, check out its resources from the knowledge base for the common query.
Now, we’ll check out the reviews of Weebly!
Based on the reviews of 438 users in G2 Reviews, Weebly scores 4.2 stars out of 5-star rating which is wonderful.
In summary, the Weebly platform is great for novice users and gives them the ability to create a fresh-looking website. It’s best for small businesses, membership websites, portfolios, online stores, and so on.
Although some of the functionalities can still be comprehensive, Weebly can be the most cost-effective platform. Because of the features and functionality it provides, you’ll get a professional-looking website at an affordable cost. Thus, it’s one of the better alternatives to Webflow for startups.
Are you in a dilemma to choose between WordPress and Weebly?
Hey! We got your back! Click on the article below to check out a detailed comparison between WordPress vs Wix:
Squarespace is one of the comprehensive site builders that makes up the list of Webflow alternatives. It provides you with an all-in-one set of tools that enables you to access everything you’ll need to create a website.
Furthermore, this SaaS platform offers a hosted solution as well. Therefore, you don’t have the hassle to pay for a hosting provider or install software anywhere to use it as it runs on its own servers.
Key Features & Advantages of Squarespace over Webflow:
- Allows you to purchase a custom domain registered via Squarespace. Or, you can manage your website and domain by transferring a 3rd party domain to this platform.
- Offers advanced marketing options like conducting email campaigns, enabling newsletter signups, banners & promotions, marketing analytics, etc.
- Comes with built-in SEO features without the need of using any plugin. Such as SEO tools, image SEO, location management, automatic sitemaps, etc.
- Provides detailed analytics, like tracking engagement, getting insights into traffic sources, sales, revenue, site search, and so on.
- Contains industry-leading website templates for all types of businesses. And every template supports all major content types like blog, gallery, calendar, etc.
- Supports podcasting with audio block and blog post options that set you up for success with Apple Podcasts and other podcatchers.
- To make well-organized lists of links to blog posts, events, and products, use archive blocks. Also, display the content by tag, category, author, and date.
- Doesn’t offer any free plan which is a significant drawback.
- Provides limited integration with 3rd party services that can prevent your company from expanding.
- eCommerce plans are comparatively expensive in comparison to other platforms.
Squarespace has 4 distinct premium pricing plans which are as follows:
- Personal Plan: Costs $16/month, paid annually. Includes free custom domain, SSL security, unlimited bandwidth, 2 contributors, Squarespace extensions, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs $23/month, paid annually. Includes SEO features for site visibility, unlimited products, eCommerce integration, advanced analytics, etc.
- Basic Commerce Plan: Costs $27/month, paid annually. Includes professional email from Google, point of sale, eCommerce analytics, limited availability labels, etc.
- Advanced Commerce Plan: Costs $49/month, paid annually. Includes abandoned cart recovery, sell subscriptions, advanced shipping, discounts, commerce APIs, etc.
However, it offers a 14-day free trial option. For that, all you need to do is simply sign up for Squarespace. This helps you to understand the workflow and features of this platform.
Squarespace Support and User Reviews
Squarespace offers excellent customer support for its users. It comes with a help center and guides where there are plenty of guidelines and documentation. There, you can find articles, videos, and tutorials from getting started, and commerce to guides on hosting, domains, etc.
Moreover, it also conducts webinars, and free online sessions, and also has a dedicated team that handles queries. Along with that, there are forums that help you keep updated and also help you overcome queries on related topics.
Furthermore, it provides live chat support on working days and 24/7 email and Twitter support,
Squarespace scores 4.4 stars out of 5 stars rating as per the users of G2 reviews. This review is evaluated on the basis of feedback from 1004 real users.
Overall, Squarespace is a great choice for individuals and small businesses looking for a platform to develop their website or store on. Its learning curve is also easy, templates, and content management are excellent. Moreover, this is a reliable website builder.
Apart from that, Squarespace and Webflow come with a similar pricing plan. However, Squarespace stands out because it offers versatility in supporting a range of business websites and niches.
Are you looking for a detailed comparison of Squarespace vs WordPress?
We’ve written a detailed comparison between Squarespace vs WordPress from every possible aspect. For that, click on the guide below:
Zyro is another remarkable website builder that allows you to create a beautiful website or a powerful eCommerce site. This platform offers its own hosting packages with free hosting, domain, and SSL certificate. Actually, it’s a product of a popular hosting provider, i.e., Hostinger.
Moreover, this platform comes with fully customizable and designer-made website templates. You can choose the templates according to the category it provides like fashion, photography, portfolio, resume, landing pages, etc.
Additionally, it comes with comprehensive eCommerce functionality. You can quickly launch the store, set up shipping features, and use tools like SEO, marketing, reporting, etc. Also, it lets you easily manage inventory, orders, delivery tracking, and more.
Key Features & Advantages of Zyro over Webflow:
- Comes with automatic scaling so when your website grows, it’ll automatically increase the storage and bandwidth.
- Offers several AI business tools like AI writer, blog title generator, business name generator, slogan generator, logo maker, etc.
- Allows you to use an existing domain or connect a new free custom domain.
- Supports all of the payment methods like popular credit cards, debit cards, MasterCard, Apple pay, payment gateways, and so on.
- With its drag-and-drop editor and handy grid features, you can add, edit, and remove any elements you need.
- Provides a blogging tool to share your thoughts, tell your story, and attract new traffic to your website with a blog.
- Limited customization options which can be more flexible, unlike WordPress.
- Has no ability to switch between templates without losing your websites.
- Covers only basic features of different categories like blog, eCommerce, etc.
Zyro is a premium platform that comes with 2 pricing plans:
- Website Plan: Starts from $2.99/month. It includes a free domain for 1 year, free email for 3 months, free web hosting, designer-crafted templates, blogging tools, etc.
- Business Plan: Starts from 3.99/month. It includes up to 500 products, visitor remarketing, logo maker, 20+ payment options, inventory and order management, etc.
However, if you’re not satisfied with its plans and features, then it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on every plan.
Zyro Support and User Reviews
Zyro provides 24/7 support to its customers via 4 different channels. They are live chat, a knowledge base, email, and a contact form. Also, it has an excellent response time to its customers as it comes with a team of experts. However, they won’t respond right away but as soon as possible.
However, before contacting their team, try to be independent and look for the answers to your issues on its knowledge base. Because, there are plenty of articles, video tutorials, screenshots, and instructions for the common issues.
Coming to the reviews!
The users of Trustpilot have given a 4.4/5 star rating to the Zyro which is excellent. This rating is the average of the feedback of 535 genuine users.
Similarly, G2 Reviews users have also rated 4.6 stars out of 5 stars as per the reviews of 31 users which is also great.
To sum up, Zyro is a great option for beginners or non-technical customers because of its all-in-one managed web hosting solution. Also, its intuitive visual editor interface and zero coding website building process are icing on the cake.
Moreover, its affordable budget without compromising features is perfect for freelancers and personal and small to medium-sized online stores.
Thus, it’s certainly the foremost alternative to Webflow for up to medium enterprises.
Jimdo was established in 2007 and is a German website builder. This platform offers you a complete set of tools for creating a website or launching an online store. Along with that, it doesn’t even require you to build a professional website without code.
Furthermore, it’s important to note that Jimdo is a hosted solution. This implies that you don’t need to worry about purchasing a hosting plan from a 3rd party as it operates in a browser. With that, it also includes a domain and content management system.
Similar to Wix, it also comes with 2 different website builders. They are Jimdo Dolphin and Jimdo Creator. Jimdo Dolphin uses ADI to build your website for you. Whereas, Jimdo Creator allows you to drag and drop elements to add and edit and also customize the layouts.
Key Features & Advantages of Jimdo over Webflow:
- Gives you free access to its huge library of professional and quality images for your websites.
- Immediately able to connect your website with various social media platforms.
- Comes with image optimization that allows you to create a custom slideshow, backgrounds, galleries, and so on.
- Offers online store features with Jimdo online shop like no transaction fees, shipping and pickup options, booking appointments, managing orders, etc.
- Provides custom domain for your website and email address as well.
- With automatic search engine optimization, your website can be easily found on Google.
- Quickly publish your website and also make any changes and updates whenever you want.
- Might take some time to get used to its interface.
- Provides little editing, and no internal marketing or blogging feature.
- Being a European-focused platform, features like shipping and taxes don’t align with the US.
Jimdo comes with both free and paid versions.
Its free plan comes with features like all the base features. Also, HTTPS security, free domain, 500 MB storage, 2 GB bandwidth, 4 website pages, image library, etc.
However, the Jimdo premium plans have 2 categories: Website and Online Store.
The Website plan comes with 3 pricing options:
- Start Plan: Costs $9/month, including 5 GB storage, 10 GB bandwidth, 10 website pages, advanced SEO, add-free, statistics, etc.
- Grow Plan: Costs $15/month, including 15 GB storage, 20 GB bandwidth, 5 forwarding email addresses, fast indexing on Google, etc.
- Unlimited Plan: Costs $39/month, including unlimited storage bandwidth, connecting your domain, professional design analysis, contact forms, etc.
Similarly, the Jimdo Online Store plan also comes with 3 pricing options:
- Basic Plan: Costs $15/month, including an online store and basic tools, convenient payment methods, manage and export orders, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs $19/month, including product variants, discount codes, social sharing, social marketing, etc.
- VIP Plan: Costs $39/month, including more product layouts, strikethrough prices, an unlimited number of website pages, image library, etc.
Jimdo Support and User Reviews
The help center of Jimdo comes with several articles, guidelines, tutorials for configuring, and documentation. You can access the articles from simply getting started to accessing advanced features. Also, there are FAQs to check out for minor queries and issues.
Further, it lets you quickly get in contact with their team and developers. There, you’ll be able to submit a request by filling out the contact form. Additionally, they also provide email support to their users.
Moving to the reviews of Jimdo!
The users of Trustpilot rate 4.2 stars out of 5-star rating Jimdo, which is great. This rating is evaluated on the basis of feedback from 2581 genuine users.
To conclude, Jimdo works well for those who already have an online presence and need something straightforward and affordable to maintain it. It’s ideal for individuals seeking something sleek and basic whether being portfolios, online stores, hobbyists, etc.
Besides, this platform is affordable and more secure. So, it can be one of the best alternatives to Webflow if your requirements meet.
Are you torn between Jimdo and Wix while selecting an alternative to Webflow?
Well, it’s time to give yourself peace of mind! We’ve written a detailed comparison article between Jimdo vs Wix on our blog which you must check out. For that, click on the guide below:
Ghost is the last but not the least alternative that makes up our list of Webflow alternatives. This platform is similar to WordPress as it was developed by a former WordPress worker. It mimics the two types of hosted models used by WordPress: fully-hosted and self-hosted. So, it’s obvious that we’ll be discussing the self-hosted version of Ghost.
Therefore, Ghost is also a CMS open-source platform that is a simple and minimalist platform. Being a straightforward site builder, it’s completely easy to manage your website with various options. Like managing posts, easy navigation menu, custom branding, multi-language, etc.
Furthermore, there’s a wide range of beautiful pre-made themes available for free and for commercial purposes. So, you can easily download and start customizing it. Also, it allows you to use your custom themes as well.
Key Features & Advantages of Ghost over Webflow:
- Allows you to add rich media like image gallery, animated gifts, audio, video, products, info boxes, accordion toggles, bookmarks, etc.
- Easy publishing workflow like internal tags, scheduled posts, custom excerpts, featured posts, multiple authors to the byline, and more.
- Send several newsletters based on audience segments and preferences.
- Enable to import content with multiple tools.
- Comes with a live preview option so you can edit and view your content side-by-side.
- Integrated with various apps and services and allows custom integrations as well to extend your features.
- Provides advanced SEO features like automatic structured data, page meta, clean permalinks, canonical tags, built-in AMP, etc.
- There is no phone support available on any of its plans.
- Offers limited integrations and extensions as compared to other platforms.
- Suitable basically for blogging platforms and focus majorly on publishing.
Although the Ghost is a premium website builder, it offers a free trial for 14 days for you to test out.
So, the pricing plan comes with 4 different options:
- Starter Plan: Costs $9/month, billed yearly for 500 members, including 1 staff user, free Ghost themes, standard built-in integrations, etc.
- Creator Plan: Costs $25/month, billed yearly for 1K members, including 2 staff users, unlimited custom themes, custom integrations, etc.
- Team Plan: Costs $50/month, billed yearly for 1K members, including 5 staff users, priority support, higher usage limits, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs $199/month, billed yearly for 10K members, including unlimited staff users, advanced domain configs, 99.9% uptime SLA, etc.
Ghost Support and User Reviews
To support the customers, Ghost comes with a help center with a handful of documentation, articles, and guidelines. If you face any problems, then simply search the keyword and you’ll find the related articles.
In addition, there’s also community, discussion groups, and forums. There, you can post your issues if you can’t solve them. With that, you can also check out their FAQs where you can find the solutions to the most stuck issues.
Further, if you’re a pro user, then you’ll be able to get email support from their dedicated support team.
Going down to the reviews!
As per the reviews of Trustpilot users, Ghost receives 3.6/5 star ratings. This rating is one the basis of 5 genuine users.
Likewise, according to the 35 users of G2 Reviews, Ghost scores 4 stars out of 5 which is great.
Overall, Ghost does have a number of outstanding features, especially writing and publishing tools which make it stand out from its rivals. The platform offers all the tools required to build a stunning blog with excellent functionality.
Importantly, its powerful SEO tools optimize your content for search engines without having to pay a plugin’s additional monthly fee. Briefly, Ghost has a lot to offer if your website is centered on journalism, news, or creative writing.
Thus, it’s an awesome replacement for Webflow!
Are you a beginner? Then, it’s best to check our complete guide on how to make a website from scratch!
That’s all guys! We’ve arrived at the end of this article.
We’ve discussed the 7 best Webflow alternatives for building your website. We hope you’ll agree with our list of alternatives to Webflow.
Though the decision is yours, we recommend you to go with the WordPress platform as it’s one of the finest Webflow alternatives. It comes with handy features from most basic to most advanced to build, maintain, stylize, and launch any type of website.
Also, we’re hoping that this article helped you to find the best alternatives to Webflow for 2022. If you’re using any of these platforms to build your website, then please share your experience below in the comment section.
In case you’ve any more queries, then feel free to ask us. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Also, share this article with your friends and colleagues.
Don’t forget to check our article on how long it takes to build a website and how to make money with a website without selling anything.