Are you looking for the best WordPress cache plugins to speed up your website? Then, you’re in the right place.
Nobody wants their website to take more time to load. This can ruin the user experience of your website visitors. Hence, you need to use the WordPress cache plugin if you want to speed up your website.
Hence, in this article, we’ll show you a number of the most popular WordPress cache plugins that are currently available on the market.
What is Cache? Why Do You Need Caching in WordPress?
A cache is a collection of temporary data that is stored in a reserved location so that it helps websites, browsers, and apps to load faster. You can find varieties of caches whether it’s a computer, mobile, web browser, or app.
Normally, when a user visits your WordPress site, a web browser fetches information from the database. It runs through different steps before it sends that information to the user’s browser.
Such a process seems to be tedious and can sometimes make your website load slower. This same thing can get worse if lots of users are visiting your website at the same time.
Thankfully, the cache makes it very much easier to retrieve information quickly and makes sure that it helps your site load faster. It acts as a memory bank from which users can access frequently accessed data locally without having to re-download it from the server.
WordPress caching works just that way! Here, WordPress generates static HTML pages of your website and saves them on your server. So that each time when a user tries to access your website, it’ll serve up the light HTML version instead of heavy PHP scripts. Hence, this will tremendously improve the page loading time of your website.
Now let’s look at some of the best WordPress cache plugins.
17 Best WordPress Cache Plugins 2022
1. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is the most powerful fastest cache plugin for WordPress. It’s one of the most powerful caching plugins that help to improve the speed of your WordPress website. It even helps to improve your SEO rankings and conversions too.
Moreover, WP Rocket preloads the cache every time you make some changes on your web pages. This makes sure that your visitors get to enjoy the speedier and cached content of your website right away. Hence, WP Rocket is the most recommended cache plugin by WordPress experts for its incredible speed results.
- It stores all your browser caching in the local memory of the navigation devices, be it desktop or mobile.
- It compresses your web pages on the server and decompresses them in the browser.
- Comes with built-in eCommerce optimization for fast and smooth running.
- Compatible with the most popular WordPress themes and plugins.
- Also, works perfectly with the top managed WordPress hosting.
WP Rocket is a premium WordPress cache plugin that’s available in 3 pricing plans. It costs $49 for a single website and $99 for 3 websites. Likewise, for unlimited websites, you need to pay $249 and come with 1 year of support and updates.
2. WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is one of the best WordPress cache plugins. It has more than 2 million active installations and is highly recommended by most of the top WordPress hosting companies.
In addition, WP Super Cache generates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress site. And once the HTML file is generated, your server will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier WordPress PHP scripts. Moreover, it keeps your server from slowing down or even overloading during large traffic spikes.
- It generates cached files for your posts, categories, and tags by preloading.
- Provides Content Delivery Network (CDN) support so it serves the content of your website faster by using servers closer to you.
- Comes with custom caching that makes it possible to hook into the caching process easily.
- Conducts garbage collection that regularly deletes old files from your cache directory.
- Also, provides REST API endpoints for accessing the settings of this plugin.
This plugin is available at WordPress.org’s official plugin repository for free.
3. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is a developer-friendly caching plugin for WordPress. Using this plugin, you can improve the search engine result page rankings, especially for mobile-friendly websites.
Nevertheless, it improves the SEO and user experience of your website by increasing website performance and reducing load times. Likewise, it comes with tons of features such as CDN support, object cache, page cache, GZIP compression, and more. However, its out-of-the-box advanced features can be slightly complicated for users who lack technical skills.
- Provides respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents.
- It’s compatible with almost all types of hosting services.
- Includes various security features to help ensure website safety.
- It provides caching statistics for performance insights of any enabled feature.
- Also offers Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support.
W3 Total Cache is a freemium WordPress cache plugin. You can get its free version from the official WordPress Plugin directory. Likewise, you can purchase its premium version for $8.25/month from its official website.
4. LightSpeed Cache
LightSpeed Cache for WordPress is an all-in-one site acceleration WordPress plugin. Also, it features an exclusive server-level cache and a collection of optimization features. For instance, automatic page caching to improve site performance. Other than this, it offers a private cache for logged-in users, separate caching of desktop and mobile views, and more.
Moreover, the vast majority of plugins and themes are compatible with the LightSpeed Cache plugin. Also, you can use their API (Application Protocol Interface) to customize smart purging, customize cache rules, etc.
- You can exclude from the cache by URL, category, tag, cookie, user agent.
- Also, you can set up multiple crawlers for cache varies.
- This plugin offers an API system for easy cache integration.
- In addition, this plugin offers multiple CDN support.
- Furthermore, for images, there is both lossless or lossy compression.
You can download this plugin from the WordPress.org official plugin repository for free.
5. WP Fastest Cache
WP Fastest Cache is another widely popular WordPress cache plugin. It comes with a much simpler interface that’s quite balanced and easy to use. Moreover, it’s extremely user-friendly and appropriate for beginners.
In addition, you don’t have to modify the .htaccess file as it’ll automatically modify for you. Most of the features in WP Fastest Cache are free, a few premium features include GZIP compression, minify HTML/CSS, disabling emoji, etc
- Deletes all the cache files when a post or page is published.
- It allows you to enable/disable cache options for mobile devices and logged-in users.
- You can block cache for specific pages or post with a shortcode.
- Also, it provides SSL and CDN support.
You can get WP Fastest Cache for free from the official WordPress plugin directory. Also, you can purchase its premium version from its official website, it’s available in 3 pricing plans.
- Bronze: $49.99
- Silver: $125
- Gold: $175
WP-Optimize is a revolutionary and all-in-one WordPress cache plugin. It cleans your database, compresses your large images, and caches your website. It comes with a simple yet highly effective tool that has everything that you need to keep your website fast and optimized.
In addition, it boosts SEO, retains customers by reducing user bounce, and does more with fewer server resources. Besides that, it also lets you minify and synchronize CSS and JS. With that, it clears out all the unnecessary data, cleans up your tables, and retrieves space lost to data fragmentation.
- Easily optimizes your website without the need for manual queries.
- Displays database table statistics to check your figures more closely.
- Automatically delete Akismet and other stale metadata from comments.
- Saves your time by automatically compressing your images as you add to the website.
- Also, instruct client browsers to reuse resources if no changes were made since the last request.
This WordPress cache plugin is available from the official WordPress Plugin directory for free.
Hummingbird is one of the popular WordPress cache plugins that makes your website faster and optimizes the site’s performance. This plugin adds new ways to boost Google PageSpeed Insights with great controls over file compression, Lazy Load integration, etc.
Furthermore, this plugin offers powerful features like scan and fix. This feature helps you to get a scan of your site and find out what’s slowing it down. Also, offers a full caching suite to load the page faster with full-page, Gravatar, and browser cache tool.
- You can set your preferred performance settings, save them as config, and instantly upload them to other websites.
- In addition, this plugin offers GZIP powers to make sharing your site easier.
- It’s packed with built-in Cloudflare integration to control your browser cache.
- Also, it’s fully compatible with Smush image optimization to compress your images.
This is a freemium WordPress cache plugin, you can get the free version from the WordPress.org official directory. If you want to get the premium version, it’s available on its official website with 2 pricing plans.
The Monthly plan comes in 3 tiers:
- Hummingbird Pro Only: $6 monthly.
- Performance & Uptime Pack: $9 monthly.
- Personal: $19 monthly.
The Yearly plan also comes in 3 tires:
- Hummingbird Pro Only: $60 per year.
- Performance & Uptime Pack: $90 per year.
Personal: $190 per year.
Breeze is yet another free yet powerful and user-friendly cache plugin. This plugin improves website speed and resource optimization. Its features include minification, support for Varnish cache, and a simplified CDN integration option.
Furthermore, it performs database optimization by optimizing and cleaning up your WordPress databases. It makes sure that it reduces the size and response time of databases. Additionally, it uses GZIP compression to compress files. Also, it easily combines and minifies your HTML, CSS, and JS files.
- Provides CDN support to improve the performance of content and image-heavy websites.
- Comes with internal and static caching features that boost the page load performance of WordPress websites.
- It helps you exclude caching on individual file types and URLs.
- Also, provides a 24/7 expert and caring, support team.
This plugin is 100% free to use, available at WordPress.org’s official repository.
9. SiteGround Optimizer
SiteGround Optimizer is a cache plugin for your WordPress site that lets you improve the page speed. It’s a free-to-use all-rounder plugin for you to use. This plugin offers dynamic caching that prevents unnecessary data to be cached decreasing page loading times.
The file-based caching creates a static HTML version of the website for future visitors. In addition, these files are stored in the browser’s memory. Furthermore, the automatic purging will clear out the cache and free up storage whenever you need it. Also, the browser-specific caching will create different cache versions based on the user agent.
- You can check the perfromance of the website via Google PageSpeed.
- Also, you can configure the image compression to reduce size of existing images.
- A preconnect link for Google Font repository for Web Fonts Optimization.
- This plugin used Memcached that stores and reuses frequently executed queries increasing site performance.
This is a free-to-use WordPress cache plugin that you can download from the WordPress.org official directory.
10. Cache Enabler
Cache Enabler is a free lightweight WordPress caching plugin from the team at KeyCDN. It makes your website faster by generating static HTML files of frontend pages and storing them on the server. Hence, it’ll allow the webserver to deliver the static file instead of intensive backend resources.
It comes with absolutely powerful features. For instance, fast and efficient cache engine, automatic smart cache clearing, manual cache clearing, and so on.
- This plugin displays cache size in the WordPress dashboard.
- Also, provides GZIP pre-compression support.
- It does manual and WP-CLI cache clearing.
- Also, provides WordPress multisite network support.
You can get this plugin for free from the official WordPress.org Plugin directory.
11. Hyper Cache
Hyper Cache is a speed-focused WordPress cache plugin for your website. This plugin is suitable to use on very low resources hosting as well as high-end servers. Also, it is simple to use with no sort of complex configuration.
Moreover, it’s a mobile-aware plugin as there is a presence of double cache for both desktop and mobile versions. Also, the mobile detection server serves different content to mobiles in comparison to desktop content.
- You can optimize the bandwidth usage and overall page loading speed.
- Also, you can have control over the cleaning blog events such as edited posts, comments, etc.
- The plugin lets you bypass matching cookies, matching URLs, and many more.
- In addition, you can change the theme on mobile detection.
- The plugin is comment aware so that it serves cached pages to visitors who have commented.
The plugin is available for free download from the WordPress.org official repository.
12. Comet Cache
Comet Cache is a beginner-friendly WordPress page load plugin. The best thing is that it has a quick and easy installation process. If you care about the speed of your website, Comet Cache is the perfect one for you.
Additionally, it offers you the option to set the cache expiry time, minification setup, and many more. If you need to add a CDN service to your website, then use its sister plugin called CDN Enabler.
- Provides simple and well-documented configuration.
- Allows you to control the automatic cache clearing behavior for the home and post page, author page, category, and tag.
- It can cache or ignore URLs that contain query strings.
- Ability to cache logged-in users.
- Also, you’ll have “Clear Cache” button in the admin bar with an option to enable/disable this feature.
You can get this plugin for free from the official WordPress Plugin directory. Also, you can purchase the premium version from its official website. It’s available in 3 purchase plans.
- Single-site: $39
- Unlimited Sites: $139
- 3 Site: $99
Cachify is one of the free WordPress cache plugins, that optimizes your page loads by caching posts, pages, and custom post types as static content. It allows you to choose between caching via database, on the server’s hard drive, or directly into the web server’s system cache.
Similarly, whenever a page/post is loaded, it can be pulled directly from the cache. You can decrease the number of database queries and PHP requests, depending on the caching method you choose.
- This plugin provides settings for Apache and Nginx servers.
- Also, provides support to WordPress multisite.
- You’ll also have manual and automatic cache reset.
- Plus, it offers dashboard widget for cached objects.
- It uses different caching methods like Memcached, APC (Application Pointer Cache), etc.
You can get this plugin for free from the official WordPress Plugin directory.
NitroPack is a very useful WordPress performance plugin. It provides you with everything you need for speeding up your website effortlessly. It has a lower CPU overhead in comparison to other standard caching plugins. Hence, this plugin is designed for real-world performance and speed scores.
Furthermore, it speeds up your website and helps you increase conversion rates and gain an edge over your competitors. Additionally, it offers you functionalities such as Amazon CloudFront CDN, image optimization, and cache warmup. Also, provides you with reliable support for all page speed issues.
- Provides lossy and lossless image compression and preemptive image sizing.
- Ensures automatic cache warmup and smart cache invalidation.
- Comes with a world-class proprietary speed algorithm.
- Optimizes all the resources that are statically linked to your theme files.
- Also, provides critical CSS tailoring to each of your unique layouts.
It’s a freemium plugin i.e. has both free and premium options. you’ll get the free version from the official WordPress plugin directory. Also, you can buy the premium version from its official website, it has 2 pricing plans.
The Monthly plan comes in 3 tiers:
- Business: $21
- Growth: $51
- Scale: $176
The Yearly plan also comes in 3 tiers:
- Business: $17.50
- Growth: $42.50
- Scale: $146.67
15. Swift Performance
Swift Performance is a relatively new WordPress caching plugin. It’s a popular caching plugin and has excellent performance-optimizing capabilities. You can also cache AJAX requests, dynamic pages, and add URL, page, or content-based rules.
Besides that, you can easily see which pages exist and what is their current cache status. It allows you to manage the pre-build priority and manage the page cache manually. With Swift Performance, you can download and host locally any 3rd party fonts.
- It provides you with a well-configurable cache prebuilt solution.
- Comes with inbuilt-in proxy caching that lets you use EDGE servers without issues with content updates.
- Provides a powerful lazy loads solution to load images only when it’s necessary.
- Comes with an in-built unlimited image optimizer.
- Also, it’s compatible with WooCommerce, bbPRess, Cloudflare, and Varnish.
Swift Performance is a freemium WordPress plugin. You can get a free version from the official WordPress Plugin directory. Likewise, you can purchase its premium version from its official website available in 3 plans.
- Sinlge: $49.99 for single site.
- Multi: $99.99 for 4 sites.
- Developer: $239.99 for unlimited sites.
16. Powered Cache
Powered cache is a popular WordPress cache plugin that increases the speed of your website. It’s a simple-to-use plugin and can be configured easily. Also, you have the option to import existing configurations from other cache plugins.
The plugin is great for file optimization as it easily minifies and combines CSS and JS files. For media files, you can use Lazy Load, control WordPress embeds, and many more. In addition, the plugin works seamlessly with popular third-party plugins.
- You can purge only the cache that is affected by the content changes.
- This plugin supports cache file compression with GZIP support.
- Also, you can create cache results for logged-in users.
- In addition, there is a separate cache file for mobile.
- Furthermore, this plugin combines Google Fonts URLs into a single URL optimizing font loading.
You can download the plugin for free from the official repository of WordPress.org. If you want to purchase a premium version it comes in three pricing plans.
- Personal: $39 per year for 1 site.
- Business: $89 per year for 3 sites.
- Plus: $199 per year for 100 sites
17. Simple Cache
If you’re looking for the simplest free WordPress caching plugin, then Simple Cache is the best option. It’s a reliable and easy-to-use plugin developed by Taylor Lovett.
Indeed, this plugin is extremely lightweight and doesn’t bloat to slow down your website. This plugin has an extremely simple one-click install. Likewise, it has only two settings: on and off. You don’t need to go through different complicated settings.
- Comes with a simple cache to make your website run very fast so that you can handle lots of traffic.
- You can easily clear the cache if you need to.
- Moreover, allows you to enable GZIP compression.
- Also, it offers advance mode that’ll auto setup Batache and Memchache for you.
This is a free WordPress cache plugin, you can download from the WordPress.org official repository.
So, that’s all folks! In this article, we’ve covered the list of the 17 best WordPress cache plugins for your website. We hope this article will help you to find the best cache plugins for your website.
Also, we would like to recommend two of our favorite WordPress cache plugins. The first one is WP Super Cache as it’s free and it’s super easy-to-use and beginner-friendly. And, the second one is WP Rocket as it’s quite powerful and comes with all the necessary features for improving the speed of your website.
If you’ve any further queries about the WordPress cache plugins for the website, then please leave a comment below. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
You may want to take a look at our articles on the best WordPress membership plugins.
If you like this article, then please share it with your friends and colleagues. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more useful articles.