Are you looking for the best WordPress cache plugins to speed up your website? Then, you’re in the right place.
Nobody wants their website to take more time to load. This can ruin the user experience of your website visitors. Hence, you need to use the WordPress cache plugin if you want to speed up your website.
Hence, in this article, we’ll show you a number of the most popular WordPress cache plugins that are currently available on the market.
What is Cache? Why Do You Need Caching in WordPress?
A cache is a collection of temporary data that is stored in a reserved location so that it helps websites, browsers, and apps to load faster. You can find varieties of cache whether it’s a computer, mobile, web browser, or app.
Normally, when a user visits your WordPress site, a web browser fetches information from the database. It runs through different steps before it sends that information to the user’s browser.
Such a process seems to be tedious and can sometimes make your website load slower. This same thing can get worse if lots of users are visiting your website at the same time.
Thankfully, the cache makes it very much easier to retrieve information quickly and makes sure that it helps your site load faster. It acts as a memory bank from where users can access frequently accessed data locally without having to re-download it from the server.
WordPress caching works just that way! Here, WordPress generates static HTML pages of your website and saves them on your server. So that each time when a user tries to access your website, it’ll serve up the light HTML version instead of heavy PHP scripts. Hence, this will tremendously improve the page loading time of your website.
Now let’s look at some of the best WordPress cache plugins.
13 Best WordPress Cache Plugins 2021
1. WP Rocket
WP Rocket is the fastest cache plugin for WordPress. It’s one of the most powerful caching plugins that help to improve the speed of your WordPress website. In fact, it even helps to improve your SEO rankings and conversions too.
WP Rocket preloads the cache every time you make some changes on your web pages. This makes sure that your visitors get to enjoy the speedier and cached content of your website right away. Hence, WP Rocket is the most recommended cache plugin by WordPress experts for its incredible speed results.
- It stores all your browser caching in the local memory of the navigation devices, be it desktop or mobile.
- It compresses your web pages on the server and decompresses them in the browser.
- Comes with built-in eCommerce optimization for fast and smooth running.
- Compatible with the most popular WordPress themes and plugins.
- Also, works perfectly with the top managed WordPress hosting.
Pricing: WP Rocket is a premium WordPress cache plugin that costs $49 for a single website. Likewise, for unlimited websites, you need to pay $249 and come with 1 year of support and updates.
WP Super Cache is the best WordPress cache plugin free. It’s a simple yet very popular plugin from Automattic, the same team behind WordPress.com. It has more than 2 million active installations and is highly recommended by most of the top WordPress hosting companies.
WP Super Cache generates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress site. And once the HTML file is generated, your server will serve that file instead of processing the comparatively heavier WordPress PHP scripts. The best thing is that it keeps your server from slowing down or even overloading during the large traffic spikes.
- It generates cached files for your posts, categories, and tags by preloading.
- Provides Content Delivery Network (CDN) support so it serves the content of your website faster by using servers closer to you.
- Comes with custom caching that makes it possible to hook into the caching process easily.
- Conducts garbage collection that regularly deletes old files from your cache directory.
- Also, provides REST API endpoints for accessing the settings of this plugin.
Pricing: 100% free to use.
W3 Total Cache is a developer-friendly caching plugin for WordPress. This plugin has more than 1 million active installations and helps to speed up your WordPress websites. With better speed, it helps your site get better search rankings, more visitors, increased revenues, and more.
Nevertheless, it improves the SEO and user experience of your website by increasing website performance and reducing load times. Likewise, it comes with tons of features such as CDN support, object cache, page cache, GZIP compression, and more. However, its out-of-the-box advanced features can be slightly complicated for users who lack technical skills.
- Provides respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents.
- Compatible with almost all types of hosting services.
- Includes various security features to help ensure website safety.
- It provides caching statistics for performance insights of any enabled feature.
- It also offers Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) support.
Pricing: W3 Total Cache is a freemium (free + premium) WordPress plugin. You can get its free version from the official WordPress Plugin directory. Likewise, you can purchase its premium version for $8.25/month.
WP Fastest Cache is another widely popular WordPress cache plugin that has more than 1 million active installations. It comes with a much simpler interface that’s quite balanced and easy to use. Although it lacks advanced settings, it’s still extremely user-friendly and appropriate for beginners.
Not to mention, it’s really easy to set up and use. You don’t have to modify the .htaccess file as it’ll automatically modify for you. Most of the features in WP Fastest Cache are free, a few premium features include GZIP compression, minify HTML/CSS, disable emoji, etc
- Deletes all the cache files when a post or page is published.
- You can delete minified CSS and JS files from the optional page.
- It allows you to enable/disable cache options for mobile devices and logged-in users.
- You can block cache for specific pages or post with a shortcode.
- Also, provides SSL and CDN support.
Pricing: You can get WP Fastest Cache for free from the official WordPress Plugin directory. Also, you can purchase its premium version at $49.99 for one website.
WP-Optimize is a revolutionary and all-in-one WordPress cache plugin. It cleans your database, compresses your large images, and cache your website. It comes with a simple yet highly effective tool that has everything that you need to keep your website fast and optimized.
Alongside that, it boosts SEO, retains customers by reducing user bounce, and does more with fewer server resources. Besides that, it also lets you minify and synchronize CSS and JS. With that, it clears out all the unnecessary data, cleans up your tables, and retrieves space lost to data fragmentation.
- Easily optimizes your website without the need for manual queries.
- Displays database table statistics to check your figures more closely.
- Automatically delete Akismet and other stale metadata from comments.
- Saves your time by automatically compressing your images as you add to the website.
- Also, instruct client browsers to reuse resources if no changes were made since the last request.
Pricing: It’s a freemium plugin i.e. has both free and premium options. The premium one starts at $39/year and the free version is available from the official WordPress Plugin directory.
Borlabs Cache is a powerful and easy-to-use premium WordPress caching plugin. It helps to deliver your content in milliseconds, improves your rankings, and makes sure that your visitors are happy. It’s quite simple and fast as you just have to activate the plugin and your website’s performance will increase immediately.
Besides that, provides exclusive information about each cached page. You can even easily exclude pages from being caches, or remove them. Using its Fragment Caching, you can have dynamic content into your static files. This will be useful if you have ads or other data on your pages that should not be static.
- Let you lazy load your images so they will appear only when users scroll to the section.
- You can define individual cache lifetimes per post and archive all your post types.
- E-commerce friendly and compatible with all the popular WooCommerce plugins.
- Also, CDN compatibility.
Pricing: Borlabs Cache is a premium plugin that you can get for $49 from CodeCanyon.
Breeze is yet another free WordPress cache plugin developed by the Cloudways team. It’s a simple yet powerful and user-friendly cache plugin that provides you maximum optimization. It offers you various operations to optimize WordPress performance at various levels.
Breeze performs database optimization by optimizing and cleaning up your WordPress databases. It makes sure that it reduces the size and response time of databases. Additionally, it uses GZIP compression to compress files. Also, it easily combines and minifies your HTML, CSS, and JS files.
- Provides CDN support to improve the performance of content and image-heavy websites.
- Comes with internal and static caching features that boost the page load performance of WordPress websites.
- It helps you exclude caching on individual file types and URLs.
- Also, provides a 24/7 expert and caring, support team.
Pricing: 100% free to use.
Cache Enabler is a free lightweight WordPress caching plugin from the team at KeyCDN. It makes your website faster by generating static HTML files. If you’re looking for a yet powerful caching plugin, Cache Enabler can be a great option.
In fact, it comes with the absolute simplest setting options. You just have to install the plugin and you’re ready to go. Likewise, it creates a static HTML file and stores it on the server’s disk. Hence, it’ll allow the web server to deliver the static file instead of intensive backend resources.
- Displays cache size in the WordPress dashboard.
- Provides GZIP pre-compression support.
- It does manual and WP-CLI cache clearing.
- Also, provides WordPress multisite network support.
Pricing: You can get this plugin for free from the official WordPress Plugin directory.
9. Comet Cache
Comet Cache is a beginner-friendly WordPress page load plugin. The best thing is that it has a quick and easy installation process. If you care about the speed of your website, Comet Cache is the perfect one for you. It has more than 50,000 active installations.
Additionally, it offers you the option to set the cache expiry time, minification setup, and many more. If you need to add a CDN service to your website, then use its sister plugin called CDN Enabler.
- Provides simple and well-documented configuration.
- Allows you to control the automatic cache clearing behavior for the home and post page, author page, category, and tag.
- It can cache or ignore URLs that contain query strings.
- Ability to cache logged-in users.
- Also, provides WP-CLI compatibility.
Pricing: You can get this plugin for free from the official WordPress Plugin directory. Also, you can purchase the premium version one time for $39.
Cachify is one of the free WordPress cache plugins. It optimizes your page loads by caching posts, pages, and custom post types as static content. It allows you to choose between caching via database, on the server’s hard drive, or directly into the web server’s system cache.
Similarly, whenever a page/post is loaded, it can be pulled directly from the cache. In fact, you can decrease the number of database queries and PHP requests, depending on the caching method you choose.
- Simple and user-friendly.
- Provides support to WordPress multisite.
- Fast and friendly customer support.
- Automatic cache management.
- Also, extendability via hooks/filters.
Pricing: You can get this plugin for free from the official WordPress Plugin directory.
11. Simple Cache
Indeed, this plugin is extremely lightweight and doesn’t bloat to slow down your website. This plugin has an extremely simple one-click install. Likewise, it has only two settings: on and off. You don’t need to wade through 50 different complicated settings.
- Comes with a simple cache to make your website run very fast so that you can handle lots of traffic.
- You can easily clear the cache if you need to.
- Allows you to enable GZIP compression.
- Also, extremely easy to delete.
NitroPack is a very useful WordPress performance plugin. It provides you everything you need for speeding up your website effortlessly. In fact, it has lower CPU overhead in comparison to other standard caching plugins. Hence, this plugin is designed for real-world performance and speed scores.
NitroPack speeds up your website and helps you increase conversion rates and gain an edge over your competitors. Additionally, it offers you functionalities such as Amazon CloudFront CDN, image optimization, and cache warmup. Also, provides you with reliable support for all page speed issues.
- Provides lossy and lossless image compression and preemptive image sizing.
- Ensures automatic cache warmup and smart cache invalidation.
- Comes with a world-class proprietary speed algorithm.
- Optimizes all the resources that are statically linked to your theme files.
- Also, provides critical CSS tailoring to each of your unique layouts.
Pricing: It’s a freemium plugin i.e. has both free and premium options. The premium one starts at $17.50/month and the free version is available from the official WordPress plugin directory.
At last, we’ve Swift Performance which is a relatively new WordPress caching plugin. However, it has already started gaining popularity because it has excellent performance-optimizing capabilities. It comes with all the necessary features that you need to take your website performance and speed to the next level.
Besides that, you can easily see which pages exist and what is their current cache status. It allows you to manage the pre-build priority and manage the page cache manually. With Swift Performance, you can download and host locally any 3rd party fonts.
- It provides you with a well-configurable cache prebuilt solution.
- Comes with inbuilt-in proxy caching that lets you use EDGE servers without issues with content updates.
- Provides a powerful lazy loads solution to load images only when it’s necessary.
- Comes with an in-built unlimited image optimizer.
- Also, optimize and keep your database clean.
Pricing: Swift Performance is a freemium (free + premium) WordPress plugin. You can get a free version from the official WordPress Plugin directory. Likewise, you can purchase its premium version for $39.99/year.
That’s about it. That’s our list of the best WordPress cache plugins for your website. We hope that you’ll agree with our list of the best WordPress cache plugins.
Lastly, we would like to recommend two of our favorite WordPress cache plugins. The first one is WP Super Cache as it’s free and it’s super easy-to-use and beginner-friendly. And, the second one is WP Rocket as it’s quite powerful and comes with all the necessary features for improving the speed of your website.
If you’ve any further queries about the WordPress cache plugins for the website, then please leave a comment below. We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
You may want to take a look at our ultimate list of speed optimization WordPress plugins. This article provides you with a bigger collection of performance tools offering image optimization, CDN, etc. Also, have a look at our ultimate collection of SEO plugins. for your website.