Are you in search of the best WordPress email marketing plugin? Or wondering how to improve your mailing list? If yes, then you’re at the right place to find out.
Email marketing simply involves sending commercial messages and promotional content to your target users. So, if you want to grow your brand, then it’s important to build an email list full of engaged subscribers.
To do that on your WordPress website, you need to use the right tools for gaining better results. And luckily, there’re a handful of mail listing plugins available for WordPress.
However, choosing the best plugin can be quite overwhelming for you. So, we’ve already come up with a list of the best WordPress email marketing plugins.
Let’s jump right into it.
How to Choose a WordPress Email Marketing Plugin?
First, let’s have a quick look at some of the things that you need to consider while choosing a WordPress email marketing plugin.
- Customization: The plugin must have customization options that enable you to add a subscribe box or anything that matches your brand and web design.
- Provides Analytics: It’s important to collect data about the people who subscribe to you for making decisions and performing actions. So for improving email marketing, the plugin must allow you to receive the analytics of your subscribers.
- Easy Entry Management: It’s great if the plugin allows you to monitor the form entries from the backend of your WordPress website. That’ll help you to view and manage your subscribers and their entries easily.
- Advanced Functionality: Also, the plugin must contain some advanced functions like retargeting, popup forms, and other triggers. Keeping them will enable users to sign up at least in the last second while visiting your site.
- Good Customer Support: Another thing is that the plugin should provide good customer support options. So, check if it’s delivering 24/7 support to its users through various means or not.
To find out more of such factors that you should consider while choosing a plugin, check out our article on how to choose the best WordPress plugins for your website.
Now, it’s time to get on the list.
15 Best WordPress Email Marketing Plugins
Here, we’ve enlisted both free and paid WordPress mail listing plugins for you. So, go through each one of them and select the one WordPress email marketing plugin that suits well with your needs.
Newsletter is one of the most advanced newsletter plugins, ideal for list building of WordPress websites. It allows you to have unlimited subscribers and newsletters. Also, you’ll get enough statistics and tracking abilities using this plugin.
Not only that, it can send automatic emails, follow-up notifications, and more. Also, it offers tons of free and premium add-ons for having extra features. So, you can easily use them if required. Therefore, you can use this plugin to apply any email marketing feature on your site.
- The delivery speed can be kept from 12 emails per hour to as much as your blog/site can manage.
- Compatible with multilingual plugins like WPML, and Polylang. This also enables you to fully translate all the messages from the administration panels.
- Able to add a popup or fixed subscription bar for your customers to easily subscribe.
- Ability to check your mailing capability and configuration from the status panel.
- Offers customizable subscription widget along with page or custom forms.
- Allows you to perform subscription spam checks with the use of domain/IP blacklists, Akismet captcha, etc.
Newsletter is a freemium plugin. That means it’s available in both free and paid versions. You can easily find the free version on WordPress.org.
Moreover, for the paid version, there’re 2 pricing plans. They are:
- Blogger: Able to use it on 3 sites. Costs $69/year and comes with a year of support and updates.
- Agency: This allows you to build unlimited sites. With the price of $269/year, you’ll get a year of updates and support.
MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress is one of the most popular WordPress email marketing plugins with 2 million+ active installations. It provides you with a wide range of features so that you can grow your Mailchimp lists and write better newsletters.
It’s free for lists up to 2000 subscribers. That’s why it’s preferred over other newsletter plugins. You can also easily create your Mailchimp account for free. After doing that, this plugin provides tight integration on your WordPress site using this account.
- Able to easily create attractive forms or integrate the plugin with your existing form.
- Provides seamless integration with popular WordPress plugins. Such as WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, MemberPress, and more.
- The user sync feature enables automatic updates of subscribers in Mailchimp.
- Automatic email notifications can be sent whenever there’s a form submission. Also, you can customize the email so that it gets sent directly and not by going through Mailchimp.
- Provides reports about each sign-up attempt. This enables you to also find out the signup methods and pages that are performing best on your site.
It’s also a freemium plugin. Moreover, there are other free and premium add-ons also available to add more exciting features.
While talking about the pricing of its premium version, the 3 plans that are:
- Hobbyist: To build a single site, use this plan for a price of $59/year.
- Professional: For creating up to 3 sites, use this plan that costs $99/year.
- Agency: Can build up to 10 sites with the price of $149/year.
OptinMonster is one of the most powerful conversion optimization and lead generation toolkits. Using this plugin, you can choose the best campaign type to display for your audience. So, you can add beautiful popup campaigns, email subscription forms, sticky announcement bars, and many more.
Not only that but it also offers you to make mobile-friendly popups. It means you can optimize your campaigns for different devices whether it’s mobile, tablet, laptop, or desktop.
Also, you’re able to simply use a pre-made template. And then, customize it with the drag-and-drop builder.
- Geo-location targeting enables you to improve conversions by carrying out campaigns based on visitors’ location.
- Contains multiple smart triggers that allow you to display the right campaign to the right person at the right time.
- Provides insights for you to take action and improve your lead-generation strategy.
- Offers 26+ eye-catching animation and sound effects for you to choose from.
- Ability to keep multi-step campaigns for greater conversions and sales.
- A/B Split testing allows you to test different designs, headlines, or content and see how each works. Also, it gives you ideas for getting more subscribers, leads, and sales.
As a freemium plugin, the premium version of it is divided into 4 pricing plans. Each of which is:
- Basic: With the price of $9/mo, this plan contains every essential tool for a site.
- Plus: Can build up to 2 sites to grow your business at the cost of $19/mo.
- Pro: For better results, this plan allows you to create up to 3 sites at $29/mo.
- Growth: To create up to 5 sites, get this plan for larger conversions at $49/mo.
HubSpot is an all-in-one WordPress plugin that you can use for contact management, live chat, analytics, and creating forms. Plus, it also allows you to build beautiful email newsletters to carry out automatic marketing campaigns.
Furthermore, there are 20+ pre-designed email templates available in this plugin that you can easily use. Also, you get the chance to personalize the messages and content yourself for the subscribers.
- Each email gets logged in your HubSpot CRM. So, you can track the open and click rates for measuring the email’s engagement and improving your campaigns.
- Able to create attractive forms and popups using the drag-and-drop builder. Also integrates with other WordPress form and popup builders.
- Compatible with 875+ apps like WooCommerce, Stripe, Gravity Forms, etc.
- Offers live chat and chatbot features to provide better engagement and support to your visitors.
- The built-in analysis enables you to improve the sales and marketing actions for better email marketing and business overall.
For the marketing software of HubSpot, there’re 3 pricing plans on its paid version. They are:
- Starter: This plan allows having 1000 marketing contacts. Costs $45/mo or $540/year.
- Professional: It includes 2000 marketing contacts. Its price is $800/mo or $9600/year.
- Enterprise: Can have up to 10,000 marketing contacts at the price of $3200/mo or $39,400/year.
Using MailPoet, you can easily kick start your email marketing journey or increase conversion of your existing one. This plugin provides you with 50+ pre-designed email templates for you to choose from. So, you can create beautiful emails from scratch or with these responsive templates.
Here, your customers can sign up as newsletter subscribers and grow your mailing list, without leaving your WordPress dashboard. Also, you can have a dedicated WordPress users list and a WooCommerce customers list created and updated automatically.
- Able to create automatic emails to send new post notifications to your subscribers.
- Get insight stats to measure your audience engagement.
- Can send an automatic warm welcome email to your new subscribers.
- Removes unengaged subscribers from your list automatically.
- Ability to segment your list and send personalized content to those subscribers.
- Provides free WooCommerce email customizer to customize email templates for your store. So, you can send emails for the first purchase, cart recovery emails, etc.
You can use the free version of MailPoet for up to 1000 subscribers. For more, use the premium version.
The pricing for different numbers of maximum subscribers is different. So, it starts from 1250 subscribers at 13€/mo or 150€/year to 70K subscribers at 292€/mo or 3500€/year.
Looking for an all-in-one email marketing solution? Then, choose Sendinblue.
It’s a smart and highly intuitive plugin that contains the right marketing and sales tools. You can design your message from scratch or use a template. Then, personalize the content as per your brand. After that, choose your recipient and send it at the right time.
Note that you can strategize and send emails to smaller segments of your subscribers. So, you’re able to choose the criteria to be based on gender, geography, purchase history, etc. Then, send personalized emails to those target audiences.
- Able to create custom subscription forms and keep them on your posts, pages, or sidebars.
- Provides real-time reports and insights on the dashboard about the performance and deliverability of emails.
- Offers easy communication with your visitors through live chat, inbox, and SMS.
- Ability to launch Facebook ads from your account. So, this enables you to retarget contacts or reach new audiences from your list.
- GDPR compliant to provide data privacy and security to you.
You can easily get the free version to get started with Sendinblue. Also, for the paid version, there’re 3 pricing plans as mentioned below.
- Lite: It’s a perfect plan for new marketers. Cost ranges from $25/mo to $99/mo for 10K to 100K monthly email volume.
- Premium: Suits well for marketing pros. Price ranges from $65/mo to $599/mo for 20K to 1000K monthly email volume.
- Enterprise: For more advanced requirements, get this plan by contacting the team.
Creative Mail is an intelligent email marketing plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce. Its email editor enables you to easily create email marketing campaigns. So, you can use it for automatic blog post syndication, announcements, events promotion, and more.
Also, you can keep your WordPress blog posts, website images, and WooCommerce products on your email content. Moreover, you’re also able to restyle the automated WooCommerce store emails. By doing that, you can showcase your brand in each email you send.
- From the signup forms and WooCommerce stores, the new contacts are collected automatically on your contact CRM. Also, it gets synced with the email marketing lists.
- Offers free access to the Unsplash photo library. This enables you to create attractive campaigns using award-winning images.
- Provides analytics by tracking bounce rate, opens, clicks, unsubscribe, etc.
- Allows you to target contact audiences, campaigns, and specific lists for better engagement and to grow the audience.
- Able to make and optimize the campaigns for different mobile and desktop devices automatically.
To get the premium features, check out its pricing plans. They are:
- Awesome: The most popular plan with the cost starting from $4.95/mo.
- Ultimate: For more advanced features, get this plan with the price starting from $10.95/mo.
Icegram provides Email Subscribers & Newsletters, that’s a simple yet highly effective WordPress plugin for email marketing. Whether you’re a blogger, website owner, marketer, or developer, as a fully-featured plugin, it fulfills the requirements of everyone.
You’re able to send welcome emails to the new subscribers. Also, it can automatically send notifications about new posts published to the subscribers. Plus, attractive broadcasts can be made with the use of an HTML editor. So, you get to send these broadcasts to your subscribers.
- Offers 12 different types of messages to show or send. It includes popup, messenger, tab, sidebar, inline-block, sticky, and more.
- Contains 120+ ready-to-use campaign templates for subscription forms, special offers, etc.
- Easily collect leads by keeping the subscription box anywhere on your site. And, you can do so by either using the widget, form shortcode, or PHP code.
- Admin can also get email notifications about the user signup if required.
- Access control function enables you to give/restrict access to your subscribers for certain roles.
Want to look at the premium version of this plugin? Then, here are the 2 pricing plans of it:
- Starter: For professional bloggers, get this plan at $6.5/mo.
- Pro: To get advanced features, choose this plan worth $10.75/mo.
Sumo is a free WordPress email marketing plugin that provides great support for you to grow your mail listing. Along with that, it helps you to have more sales and increase conversions. So, if you want to gain more purchase rates or attention from your visitors, then choose Sumo.
Using this plugin, you can set timed popups across your site that’ll surely grab users’ attention. Also, you can schedule to send the marketing emails for communicating with your subscribers. So, you’re able to send a welcome email to new subscribers and then automated emails at once.
- Allows you to add share buttons on your site. By doing this, your visitors can also share your content and products on their social media.
- Provides seamless integration with WooCommerce. So, you can make offers and discounts alongside the forms for better sales and marketing.
- Follows the latest SEO guidelines from Google, making it reach more visitors and gain better sales.
- Able to see the ROI from each email subscriber. That’ll also help you to determine the sales you make.
Sumo is a free WordPress email marketing plugin. There’s also a paid version of this plugin. Sumo Pro costs $39/mo, paid yearly or $49/mo, paid monthly.
Need a WordPress mail listing plugin for your WooCommerce store? Then, here’s Mailchimp for WooCommerce. Using this plugin, the data of your customers and their purchases are synced directly with your Mailchimp account.
Based on the purchase history and frequency, you’re able to track and segment your customers. With that, you can also easily send targeted campaigns to your customers.
- Able to showcase recommended products to your customers.
- The Mailchimp dashboard provides detailed data about your marketing performance.
- Ability to set up marketing automation. By this, you can also remind customers about items on their cart, follow up with post-purchase, and more.
- Enables you to add discount codes created in WooCommerce on your emails.
- Can embed a pop-up form to easily convert your website visitors into subscribers.
- Compatible with the WPML plugin for converting it into multiple languages.
This plugin is completely free to use. So, you can easily install and activate it on your site from WordPress.org.
MailOptin is a popup and form builder WordPress plugin from which you can create forms like user registration and subscription. Plus, you can add such forms, targeted messages, and call-to-actions across the site using popups. Also, sidebar widgets, notification bars, and more can be used to do so.
Not to mention, you can easily send email newsletters using this plugin. Automated emails about new blog posts can be sent to all your registered users or certain users after getting published. This helps you to improve your interaction with your subscribers.
- Allows you to schedule your email campaigns. So, you can automatically send them daily, weekly, or monthly for the published posts.
- Contains responsive and amazing email templates to use for your newsletters.
- Supports all the major email marketing and CRM platforms. Like Mailchimp, MailPoet, ConvertKit, Drip, GetResponse, Campaign Monitor, and more.
- Exit-intent technology allows you to show a targeted opt-in at the time when your visitors are about to leave your site.
- Includes built-in analytics to make better decisions and improvements from the collected data.
Based on the number of sites you can build using this plugin, there’re 3 plans for its paid version. They are:
- Standard: To apply for a lead on a site, choose this plan that costs $79/year.
- Pro: For automatic emails and newsletters, get this plan at $199/year for 3 sites.
- Agency: For unlimited sites, select this plan worth $299/year.
12. Convert Pro
If you’re looking for a WordPress mail listing plugin when you’re using the Astra theme, then choose Convert Pro. As it’s one of the products offered by Astra so this plugin comes in a bundle with the theme.
It contains tons of features to convert your visitors into leads, customers, and subscribers. You can build amazing popup and opt-in forms using the easy-to-use editor. So by simple drag-and-drop, you’ll get endless possibilities to make it as per your brand and design.
- By the exit-intent technology, you’re able to hold back the abandoning visitors and grab their attention.
- A/B test feature enables you to create different variations of designs and test them. As per the results, you can keep the best one for your audience.
- Able to add multi-step popups on your site. Such as age verification popups, yes/no popups, and more.
- Popups can appear when your visitors click on a text, image, button, etc.
- Allows you to send personalized messages to be sent to the right audience at the right time.
As the name says, Convert Pro is a premium plugin that costs $79.
Another premium plugin for email marketing and lead generation is Bloom. It’s an amazing tool provided by Elegant Themes, the one that developed the Divi theme.
Using this plugin, you’ll get 6 design types to increase your subscribers. They are automatic and opt-in popups, fly-ins, and forms that can be kept in-line, below content, or in the widget area. Also, you can keep the subscription option to unlock the premium content on your site.
- Contains 100+ attractive templates. Also, you’re able to customize them using the design settings.
- Includes multiple triggers to display pop-ups and fly-ins. Like timed delay, after scrolling, after commenting, after purchasing, and more.
- Provides multiple border design options to choose from. Also, you’re able to define your edge style to create unique content.
- Allows you to add an unlimited number of subscribers. And Bloom will manage the entire data for you.
- Able to import or export the data from one site to another. This migration is great for having backups of the settings and data.
Bloom is a premium plugin that comes alongside the Divi theme. And, there are 2 pricing plans from which you can choose one to use. They are:
- Yearly Access: Costs $89/year.
- Lifetime Access: Price of $249 for lifetime use.
14. WP Subscribe
An easy option to choose a WordPress email marketing plugin for your blog is WP Subscribe. Having an email subscriber list is needed for running a successful blog. So, to get more traffic and subscribers to your blog, you can use this plugin.
It’s a subscription WordPress plugin that you can configure and connect with your subscription service. And it’ll take just a few minutes to do so. Due to this, it’s compatible with major email marketing tools like Aweber, Mailchimp, GetResponse, and more.
- Offers unlimited colors for you to customize the forms and popups based on your theme and brand design.
- Integration to all the best SEO plugins for better exposure with visitors to gain more subscribers.
- Supports the built-in widget that allows you to add your subscription form in the sidebar.
- Provides several animation effects that you can choose for the popup to display.
- Disable option available to not show popup or subscription box on specific pages or posts.
- Contains a popup preview option to check your popup before going live with it.
The premium version of this plugin is called WP Subscribe Pro. It costs $19 that allows you to use it for unlimited websites.
weMail is yet another email marketing and newsletter plugin for WordPress websites. As it’s well-integrated with WordPress, its dashboard becomes simple yet powerful to use weMail. So, from your WordPress dashboard itself, you can send newsletters, automate emails, manage subscribers, etc. all from one place.
Most importantly, it’s a Cloud-powered platform so you send emails through Amazon SES, Mailgun, or any of your favorite SMTP providers. So, whether you’re running a small or a large business, this is the perfect email marketing service for you.
- Provides top-notch design options for your subscription form. It includes in-line, floating, slide up, modal, and embed forms.
- Able to send multiple kinds of emails to your subscribers. Like new orders, first-time buy, recent buyers, repeated buyers, and big buyers mail.
- Contains a beautiful collection of professional templates for events, notifications, and more.
- Allows you to automatically import new users to your site.
- You can tag, sort, and segment your contacts to easily send emails.
weMail is also a freemium plugin. The paid version of this plugin costs differently based on the different number of subscribers.
So, the price ranges from $9/mo to $209/mo for up to 10K to 200K subscribers, respectively.
Thank you for reading and staying till the end of this article. We hope that you were able to select the best WordPress email marketing plugin for your website.
Also, we assure you that each plugin on this list provides some of the best features for you to grow your mailing list. So, feel free to choose any one of them as per your needs.
Still, having any confusion with mailing list plugins? Then, post down a comment. We’re eagerly waiting for your views on them.