If you are looking for the best WordPress portfolio themes, then you’re in the right place.
A perfect portfolio website lets you showcase your skills, services, and personal details beautifully to your site. Also, you’ll have a better chance of getting hired with a good showcase of information on your portfolio. Thus, choosing a portfolio theme is important for freelancers, professionals, and service agencies.
As beginners, choosing the best portfolio WordPress theme might be a bit overwhelming. So, we’ve picked the top WordPress themes to help you create an awesome personal portfolio.
Let’s check them out!
How to Choose the Best Portfolio WordPress Theme?
Before choosing a portfolio theme, you should be clear of some necessary things. So, let’s start by discussing them first.
We recommend you choose WordPress portfolio themes considering the following factors.
- Responsive and Elegant Design: A beautiful portfolio can drive visitors and potential clients. Furthermore, having a responsive portfolio gets you in touch with mobile device users too. Thus, you should choose a theme with a responsive and elegant design.
- Showcasing Services: The theme should allow you to display your creative works and services gracefully. Having that, your visitors will have a clear idea of what benefits you’ll offer them once they hire you.
- Showcasing Achievements and Testimonials: You’ll have more chances of getting hired if you display your past best works, achievements, and testimonials in your portfolio. So, choose a theme that allows you to display those things well.
- Personal Information: Most fundamentally, your visitors should know your identity. So, you should be able to add your personal details including name, address, and contact information to your portfolio. Often these kinds of information are put under the ‘About’ section.
- Social Media Integration: Your visitors may contact you through social media too. So, you should pick a theme that integrates your portfolio with social media platforms. Also, you can display your social media feed on your portfolio.
Besides, other features like call to action, SEO optimization, browser compatibility, etc. are also important for a good portfolio.
Top 10 Best Portfolio Themes for WordPress (Handpicked)
Kalium is a lightweight and flexible WordPress theme popular for creating beautiful minimal portfolios. With lots of design and layout options, you can design a stunning and rich portfolio using Kalium.
The theme includes the WPBakery page builder plugin that lets you customize every single detail of your page. Moreover, its back-end admin panel has lots of modification options like styling, fonts, icons, header options, etc. You can fine-tune these settings according to your will.
Also, you’ll have lots of options to display testimonials, team members, work details, and buttons on the page.
- Demo Import: Kalium comes with tons of one-click importable demos. So, you can choose demos like Lawyers, Freelancer, Agency, etc. favorable for portfolios.
- Included Plugins: A bundle of premium plugins like WPBakery, Slider Revolution, LayerSlider, etc. are included in the theme.
- Layouts: You can choose from 30+ portfolio layout types like fluid, boxed, or a grid layout or create your own layout.
Other handy features like responsiveness, browser compatibility, social media integration, RTL and translation support, GDPR ready, etc. also make Kalium a special theme.
Pricing: The Kalium theme is available at $60 from ThemeForest.
Developed by Elegant Themes, Divi is one of the most popular WordPress themes out there on the market. It’s a theme full of tools, plugins, and features. So, it’s capable of building any type of website including a stunning portfolio.
Divi theme comes with a powerful page builder plugin with the same name, i.e. Divi Builder. This adds a simple drag-and-drop editor and many design elements to the theme. Hence, you can make a beautiful portfolio by adding elements like call to action buttons, display sections, gallery, slider, etc.
And, other features like visual styling, animations, and layout options add more beauty to your portfolio.
- Customization: Customization is the main feature of Divi. With Divi, you can modify anything like fonts, text, shapes, borders, color schemes, effects, and even source codes.
- Social Media Options: Divi lets you add social media buttons and integrate social media into your portfolio. By doing so, it becomes easier to promote your portfolio via social media.
- Image Options: With Divi, you can add a showcase of images into your portfolio. Also, you can customize images with various filters, effects, and shadows.
Other important portfolio features of Divi are mobile-ready, translation, browser compatibility, pre-made demos, etc.
Pricing: You can purchase Divi in 2 different ways. You can either pay $89 every year or $249 at once for a lifetime.
Developed by Fuel Themes, a power elite author of ThemeForest, Werkstatt is one of the best portfolio WordPress themes. It has tons of design options for creating a modern and stunning portfolio.
There’s a lot you can do with the Werkstatt theme. You can customize each and every element of your portfolio according to your need. Also, you can integrate and use popular page builder plugins and enjoy better customization options.
- Demo Options: You can live preview and install the pre-built portfolio demos into your site. Then, you can easily import the demo files and start designing your portfolio. Furthermore, you can easily switch designs by changing the demos.
- High-Definition Display: The Werkstatt theme allows a high-definition display for every screen including the retina display enabled devices. It’s most useful for a photography portfolio.
- Customization: You are provided with lots of customization options like header and footer styling, typography, hover effects, color schemes, icons, etc. Also, Werkstatt provides blog layouts to create a blog page on your portfolio.
In addition, other features of Werkstatt include translation readiness, SEO friendliness, fast page speed, and so on.
Pricing: You can purchase Werkstatt at $59 from ThemeForest.
Astra is the #1 most popular free WordPress theme by any third-party company on WordPress.org. It’s used by over 1 million sites on the internet. Being a multipurpose theme, Astra helps you create any type of website including a personal portfolio site.
Astra is feature-rich with lots of customization options. Therefore, you can create a unique custom showcase for your works and achievements using them. Further, you can use external plugins and widgets like contact forms, sliders, etc. to add more options to your portfolio.
- Pre-built Demos: You can pick a suitable one from 100s of pre-made demos. After that, you can install it, import a demo, and quickly start customizing your site.
- Site Layout: Astra provides a variety of site layouts like boxed, full-width, padded, and fluid. You can choose one according to your desire.
- Typography: The fonts you use also play a significant role in making your blog beautiful. With Astra, you’ll get to choose matching ones from over 800 Google Fonts.
Other features like accessibility readiness, page builder support, social media integration, etc. make Astra good for portfolios.
Pricing: The free version of Astra is available at WordPress.org. For more options, you need to buy a premium version. The paid plans are Astra Pro ($59/yr), Mini Agency Bundle ($168/yr.), and Agency Bundle ($249/yr).
Oshine is a modern and creative portfolio theme with a minimal but sophisticated style. It’s great for visual-based portfolios like photography, art, music, architecture, web design, fashion design, modeling, and so on.
Also, it comes with Tatsu, a powerful front end and visual WordPress page builder. The Tatsu page builder makes it easier to build portfolios for both starters and pros. Also, it provides 6 blog layouts and allows WooCommerce if you want to add a product section in your portfolio.
- Demo Import: You’ll get 50+ unique demos that come with a one-click installation feature. You can choose one and design your unique portfolio easily.
- Portfolio Styles: A number of portfolio layouts, image options, grid variations, etc. make it easier to showcase images, information, and testimonials.
- Customizability: Oshine provides 20 header layouts, 3 body layouts, and 3 footer layouts. You can mix them up and design the page layout as your intuition.
Other features like Instagram Gallery, video backgrounds, sticky header, 600+ Google fonts, SEO friendly codes, styles, and animation make Oshine perfect for your portfolio site.
Pricing: It’s available at $59 from Themeforest.
As a fully responsive WordPress theme, ePortfolio is suitable for personal blogs and portfolios. Having all the essential portfolio features, it’s preferable for working professionals like photographers, designers, makeup artists, videographers, bloggers, etc.
ePortfolio has seamless integration with page builders like Elementor. Having that, it brings more flexibility in designing an attractive site.
- Custom Logos and Fonts: You can add a custom icon or text logo for making your portfolio brandable. Also, you have access to lots of fonts to use in your texts and headers.
- Email Subscription: By integrating the Mailchimp plugin, you can add an email subscription form and start email marketing.
- Social Media Integration: With ePortfolio, you can add social media buttons and link your social accounts. Especially, ePortfolio lets you import the Instagram feeds directly into your portfolio site.
Pricing: ePortfolio is available at $49 from ThemeinWP official site.
Reel is a multimedia portfolio theme that is popular for making a video portfolio with WordPress. It’s a theme created by WPZOOM, an independent store of WordPress themes and plugins.
This theme is aimed especially for creating video portfolio websites without having to use any codes. Also, it has special features like a video lightbox, video background for nicely showcasing your skills and services. Besides, it has options to add header videos, autoplay videos, hover autoplay portfolio items, set video duration and start time, etc.
- Pre-made demos: You can pick from a collection of demos, import them into your site, and start customizing them.
- Responsive Layout: Your portfolio looks good on every device with the responsive and fluid layout feature of this theme.
- Video Background: It lets you add video backgrounds to your portfolio. For that, you can link YouTube or Vimeo videos or, add a self-hosted video in the background.
Other important features of this theme are, custom logo, Gutenberg optimized, translation plugins support, etc.
Pricing: The Reel theme is available at the WPZOOM store for $79/year.
Clean Portfolio is one of the free responsive WordPress themes for creating simple and beautiful portfolios. In addition, it has a simple and minimalistic design for displaying visually appealing layouts and content.
Clean Portfolio is packed with essential features like sliders, full-width display options, featured content, testimonials showcase, etc. With the rich resources and features, you can create visually stunning portfolios. It’s favorable for professionals like photographers, designers, artists, painters, illustrators, and architects.
- Theme Options: In just a few clicks, you can customize your theme and modify your sites’ appearance. You can adjust layouts, color, fonts, backgrounds, add custom widgets, edit header, footer, and so on.
- Social Integration: It allows you to add social buttons for promoting your social media accounts.
- Featured Image Slider: Clean Portfolio lets you not only add slider images but also add individual descriptions to them. Further, you can also add clickable buttons to it if you want.
Pricing: You can look for the free version in the WordPress.org theme repository. However, it’s premium version is available at $59.99 from the Catch Themes official site.
Parallax is a responsive WordPress theme that focuses on building an outstanding parallax scrolling site easily. Also, it’s specialized in building single page sites. So, it can be perfect for building one-page portfolio sites.
With 11 header styles, list and grid layouts, scroll options, Google fonts, custom logos, you can build visually attractive portfolios with Parallax.
- Portfolio Post Type: You can make a multimedia showcase section for displaying images and videos with Parallax. Also, it provides a Team Members section with editable fields like name, title, social link, and profession.
- Image Filters: You can apply image filters like blur, sepia, and grayscale without the need for heavy Photoshop software.
- Customization Options: You can customize most of the page elements with drag-and-drop page builders with a live preview of changes.
Other important features of the Parallax theme are demo import, RTL support, SEO optimized, translation support, etc.
Pricing: Parallax is available at $59 from the Themify official site.
Zakra is a lightweight modern theme that supports building any type of website. Its flexibility and customizability make it eligible for creating a stunning portfolio and showcase your professional works.
With the support of page builders, you can intuitively create spaces to display work information, media, testimonials, achievements, etc. Also, you can add custom logos, call to action buttons, and various useful widgets to add more functionalities.
- Demos: Zakra provides you with tons of demos that you can preview and import a suitable one for your portfolio.
- Easy Customization: You can easily customize the entire page layouts with header design variety, flexible menu, items layout, and so on.
- Typography: You can choose suitable fonts for each element from the available 800+ Google fonts with Zakra. Also, you’ll have the total control of changing the size, color, weight, style of the fonts.
Besides, Zakra is Gutenberg compatible, responsive, AMP and SEO ready, and plugins compatible.
Pricing: Zakra is a freemium theme available both in free and paid versions. , You can get a free version at WordPress.org. You can get the basic paid plan ‘Personal’ for $69/yr from its official site.
That’s all. We hope that now you’re familiar with the best WordPress portfolio themes in 2021. Also, we’re sure that the list will be enough for you to pick one for your portfolio.
If you know any good portfolio themes, then let us know in the comment.
You may also want to check our articles on the best WordPress blogging themes and best business themes.