Are you in search of the best WordPress themes for travel blogs? If yes, then you’re at the right destination.
To make a mark in the travel blogging world is a difficult task as there’s huge competition. However, the job can be a lot easier if you rely on WordPress and its themes. WordPress makes website building extremely easy, and you don’t have to hire a developer for that.
By creating a blog, you can share highs and lows of your travel journey in the most exciting way. Moreover, you can even earn some pennies from it. The only problem is, there are bulks of themes available in the WordPress.org directory.
Thereby, picking one is a real struggle. With that, you don’t need to panic at all! To ease things for you, we’ve shortlisted some of the best travel blog WordPress themes.
So, let’s head onto it.
What to Look for in a Travel Blog WordPress Theme?
Before you get your hands on the travel blog theme, you need to look for a couple of things. And that we’ll mention here, so make sure your favorite one has it.
- Theme Design: First and foremost, you need to pick a theme that has an enticing design. It’s important because you need to allure your web visitors so that they keep coming back.
- Featured Section: As a travel blogger, you need to display your tour stories to make your audience go there. Whether you want to add photos, related posts, or others, your chosen theme should allow you to do so.
- Social Media Widgets: Choose a theme that includes social media widgets. It allows you to connect and showcase mesmerizing images from your social media.
- Responsive Design: Your chosen theme should look well on any screen size or device. It’s an absolute must with the growth of mobile users over the years.
For more, please check our complete guide on choosing the best WordPress themes.
20 Best Travel Blogs WordPress Themes Handpicked
All the below-mentioned themes are shortlisted by looking at the active number of downloads, ratings, etc. Also, each one of them is recently updated.
Astra is one of the top-tier WordPress themes with an active installation of over 1 million. This multipurpose theme includes a ready-made template suitable for your travel blog. Additionally, it allows you to create full-width pages with extreme ease via drag and drop.
It features a beautiful header background image, featured adventure sections, an Instagram widget, and much more. With the demo’s attractive look, you can display your tour-related galleries and videos in a much professional way.
- With the help of layouts, you can manage headers, blogs, single pages, posts, etc.
- Through Astra’s customizer settings you have an option to manage the colors of your blog or archive pages.
- With Astra, you can showcase related posts on all single posts with ease.
- Includes inbuilt schema markups which makes it an SEO-optimized theme.
- It makes adding social icons an easy job as you no longer require a third-party plugin.
Astra is a free plugin that you can download from WordPress.org. While Astra Pro will cost you $59. Apart from that, it has two more plans:
- Essential Bundle: $207, Product Updates, Premium Updates, and Unlimited websites.
- Growth Bundle: $392, Product Updates, Premium Updates, and Unlimited websites.
Bridge is the best-selling stylish WordPress theme that’s flexible for creating any imaginable site. It offers you the option of building your pages either with WPBakery or Elementor. Also, the theme features a minimal layout, advanced typography, sticky navigation area, etc.
Its demo site welcomes you with a featured image slider, search button, followed by different sections. Besides that, it has multiple colors, a dedicated page for travel, social media icons, and much more.
- Bridge travel module that serves you all the travel-related functionalities and features.
- Shine your stories with unique blog lists and stunning single posts.
- Includes full-screen image and video slider along with parallax effects for luring your viewers.
- Other notable features like ajax transition animations and beautiful infographic elements.
- It comes up with a powerful admin panel that’s user’s friendly and easy to use.
Bridge will cost you $59 from the ThemeForest marketplace.
OceanWP is another well-reputed WordPress theme that’s ideal for building any kind of site. It comes up with a bulk of demo sites, including a template for travel blogs. The homepage features multiple sections to share your tour blogs and a newsletter sign-up form.
Not only that, it has a separate blog, adventure, travel tips, and a contact page. So, from there, you can share your thrilling adventure stories loudly. Furthermore, it seamlessly integrates with WooCommerce to start up a web store instantly.
- It comes up with 9 blog post elements for your comfort.
- Also, it features 6 metadata elements such as author, published date, categories, comments, modified date, and reading time.
- With OceanWP, you can set the likable taxonomy to showcase next and previous posts.
- 3 Blog entries layouts to choose from: Grid, Large Image, Thumbnail styles.
- WooCommerce Integration for building an online store.
OceanWP is free. But, the premium version comes in various pricing plans:
- Personal for 1 site: $39, 12 months of Updates & Support.
- Business for 3 sites: $79, 12 months of Updates & Support.
- Agency for 25 sites: $129, 12 months of Updates & Support.
By PenciDesign, Soledad is a fantastic multi-concept blog/magazine/news WordPress theme. With the range of options in the WordPress customizer, you can change the way your blog looks. It comes with a stunning featured image slider, sticky navigation area, Instagram widget, newsletter form, etc.
In addition to that, it includes a stunning homepage template, featured travel sections, separate travel tips page, etc. Also, Soledad supports Google AMP and Facebook Instant Article for a more fluid mobile browsing experience.
- With this theme, you can earn money online using ads and affiliate links.
- It supports the parallax effect for videos and images to entice your site visitors.
- Comes with 35+ pre-built slider styles which will highlight your tour adventures.
- Unlimited fonts and typography options add even more charm to your blog posts.
- It’s built with best SEO practices to make your blog rank higher on search engines.
It’s available for $41 from the ThemeForest marketplace.
GeneratePress is yet another superb WordPress theme perfect for travel magazines and blogs. Start your travel blog off on the right path with this theme, as it takes care of both the performance and design.
The theme features a sleek design with a large header image and the latest posts in a dynamic grid layout. It comes in different color schemes and has beautiful typography. The best part is, you can visually design your blog without the need to touch a single line of code.
- With the blog module, you can have advanced layout controls for your travel blog.
- You can use the theme to tweak custom theme layouts such as footer, blog section, etc.
- Has put on emphasis on speed and performance, making your blog load super fast.
- Includes 9 widget areas, 5 navigation locations, 5 sidebar layouts, etc.
- The theme is translated into 25+ languages.
GeneratePress is free. Premium version is available in the following pricing plans:
- Yearly: $59, 1 year of updates, and premium support.
- One-time payment: $249, Lifetime updates, and premium support.
Ashe is a free personal and multi-author blog theme for lifestyle, food, beauty, travel, etc. Also, it features a minimal, elegant, and mobile-friendly layout that looks glorious on all devices. The theme provides a stunning image slider, recent stories, etc.
Moreover, the homepage includes multiple sections by which you can showcase your travel stories, galleries, etc. Besides that, it has features like Instagram slider widget support, footer menu support, and much more.
- With Featured Posts Slider, you can display around 5 blog posts in the header area.
- Promo Boxes allows you to showcase up to 3 eye-grabbing linked images in the header area.
- It provides you the options of both sidebars, left and alt sidebar to display your travel adventures in the way you like.
- You can use the full-screen slider to entice your viewers so, that they keep coming back.
- The theme is WooCommerce Ready so, you can build your own web store and sell anything.
Ashe is free. Ashe Pro comes up in various pricing plans:
- Regular License: $29.99, Lifetime Theme Updates, Security Updates, New Features, and Premium Support for 1 site.
- Extended License: $89.99, Lifetime Theme Updates, Security Updates, New Features, and Premium Support for unlimited sites.
Backpack Traveler is a modern WordPress theme that’s ideal for every travel blogger out there. You can add Google Maps to your blog pages, videos, audio recordings, and more. It comes up with a ready-made set of destination layouts for displaying your fun travel stories.
Also, its homepage features a stunning header area with social icons and a search bar on top. Moreover, it has amazing sliders, image galleries, multiple page templates for travel, etc.
Backpack Traveler is also WPML Plugin Compatible so you can publish your blog in multiple languages.
- Comes up with a wide variety of blog list styles.
- Includes mesmerizing blog sliders to level up your blog attraction.
- Has custom post formats such as Standard, Gallery, Link, Quote, Video, and Audio.
- Also, it features parallax sections, Instagram widget, blog list widget, smooth scroll, etc.
- It’s fully WooCommerce compatible so you can build your online store in minutes.
Backpack Traveler will cost you $69 from the ThemeForest marketplace.
Blocksy is one of the most innovative and responsive WordPress themes for creating your dream site. From business agencies to eCommerce shops to blogs, and numerous other sites can be created with it.
The theme comes with an elegant design, a beautiful header area, and search functionality. Additionally, it features your adventure stories as featured images, and the article title sits right above the image. Besides that, it has Google Maps integration, contact form, and social media icons.
- Has five different types of modern and stylish archive layouts.
- Also, it provides you options to choose from 4 single page types.
- It offers you multiple widget areas where you can place your likable widget.
- Includes sticky sidebars which follow along as you scroll down.
- You can manage the entire color palette to turn your blog into a beautiful one.
Blocksy is free. Pro version is available on different pricing plans:
- Personal: $49, 1 site license.
- Professional: $69, 5 sites license.
- Agency: $99, unlimited site license.
Newspaper is a beautiful WordPress theme that allows you to write stories and blog posts easily. The theme features a modern and elegant design, and most importantly, it supports videos from YouTube.
Its homepage includes weather, social media icons on top, followed by a featured image slider and multiple sections. Other noteworthy features include custom page templates, multiple colors, etc. Besides that, it supports Google Ads and AdSense so you can earn revenue from your blog.
- Modern video posts that feature both sound and moving images to impress your viewers.
- Includes Flex Blocks element to showcase your posts in an even more engaging way.
- Popular Category widget by which you can publish your most popular categories on your blog professionally.
- Amazing huge grid layouts to make your most important content a center of attention.
- Outstanding image effects and blend modes to shine your images.
You can grab the theme by paying $59 from the ThemeForest marketplace.
Mesmerize is a stunning, multipurpose WordPress theme for all kinds of website creation. It comes up with a built-in demo for your travel blog. Also, the theme features a marvelous header background image, featured trip sections, packages sections, etc.
Besides that, it’s a user-friendly theme with a clean and elegant design. Additionally, its homepage has a modern layout that allows you to display your destinations and packages. Mesmerize offers you tons of customization options.
- Includes 30+ ready-made content sections which you can customize with ease.
- Add Video and slideshow backgrounds to your blog for an eye-catching look.
- Other remarkable features include a parallax background, widgetized footer, header layout options, etc.
- Comes with 18 beautifully designed websites that you can import with a single click.
- With it, you can customize the layout of each section without any trouble.
Free. Pro version comes up in different pricing options:
- Personal: $79, 1 year of support and updates for 1 site.
- Business: $99, 1 year of support and updates for 5 sites.
- Agency: $199, 1 year of support and updates for unlimited sites.
Neve is one of the blazingly fast and highly customizable themes that’s available on the WordPress.org directory. This multipurpose theme is perfect for travel blogs, small businesses, agencies, eCommerce stores, etc.
It includes an attractive header background image and a modern blog homepage layout. Other remarkable features are advanced typography, unlimited colors, social icons, and much more.
With multiple content sections, you can share travel photos and posts in the best possible way.
- With Neve, you can customize the header and footer easily by dragging and dropping components.
- You can control the website layout options to display your blog posts attractively.
- Supports Gutenberg and all the major page builders for easy site creation.
- It offers you page-level options so you change the container width, content width, etc.
- Neve comes up with bulks of ready-to-use importable demo sites.
Neve is free. Premium version includes three different pricing plans:
- Personal: $59/yr, 1 year of support and updates for unlimited sites.
- Business: $99/yr, 1 year of support and updates for unlimited sites.
- Agency: $159/yr, 1 year of support and updates for unlimited sites.
Zakra is a lightweight and modern multipurpose theme that works seamlessly with all the popular page builders. No doubt speed comes first, and the developers have made sure the theme loads in no time.
It comes with a modern layout, eye-catching typography, and beautiful animations. The homepage features a minimalist header area, large featured images followed by multiple sections. Besides that, the theme has users’ testimonials and custom widgets for recent blog posts.
- It’s beautifully designed to make your travel blog an absolute eye-catcher.
- With it, you can choose a boxed or wide layout to display your latest posts, etc.
- It supports general layouts such as full-width, right sidebar, left sidebar, etc.
- The theme comes with 7+ widget areas and that too from header to footer.
- Built with the best SEO practices to keep your site on top of the search engines rankings.
It’s free. Zakra Pro comes with different pricing plans:
- Developer: $299, 1 year of premium support and updates for unlimited sites.
- Professional: $289, 1 year of premium support and updates for 10 sites.
- Personal Plus: $89, 1 year of premium support and updates for 3 sites.
- Personal: $69, 1 year of premium support and updates for 1 site.
PopularFX is an elegant and lightweight WordPress theme for travel blogs. It comes up with more than 350 templates to simplify your web creation process. The theme offers custom widgets such as image slider, grid gallery, social profile, image box, etc.
PopularFX demo site features multiple travel sections, an image gallery, and a separate destination page. Its homepage includes a gorgeous magazine layout that showcases your posts in a masonry grid. On top of that, PopularFX makes sure your pages load faster.
- With animation effects, you can make your blog even more alluring.
- Includes tons of typography options that’ll add beauty to your posts.
- You can undo, redo your changes with the revision control feature.
- In-line editing feature by which you can add/remove text with ease.
- The theme allows you to easily design your blog pages via drag and drop.
It’s free. Pro version is available in different pricing plans:
- Personal: $59, 1 year of support and updates for 1 site.
- Professional: $89, 1 year of support and updates for 5 sites.
- Business: $249, 1 year of support and updates for unlimited sites.
Jupiter is a beautiful, all-in-one WordPress theme that allows you to drag and drop elements to build pages. The theme provides multiple ready-to-use websites for travel sites and blogs. Most importantly, you can add stunning visual effects to increase the attraction of your blog.
Its homepage features an awesome header menu with a social widget on top and is minimalist in look. Moreover, it uses a modern-looking layout for showcasing your recent stories with large featured images.
- You can customize your blog pages the way you like with its blog customizer.
- Includes attractive post lists, exclusive layouts for a more enticing look.
- Has 100+ pre-made page block templates to make your job easy.
- Comes with varieties of custom post types and single pages.
- Compatible with a wide range of plugins like Mailchimp, Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7, etc.
Jupiter comes up in $59 from the ThemeForest marketplace.
Elegant is a clean and stylish multipurpose theme that removes all the clutters and instead focuses on the content. It offers stunning visuals that look good on all devices. With the image filter feature, masonry, and grid layouts, your tour stories will be the center of attraction.
Not to forget, it features typography that’s perfectly designed to add charm to your posts even more. Moreover, it also allows your viewers to connect through social media for more online following.
- With the custom header styling, you can style the header background of each page/post.
- Masonry and grid layouts allow your blog posts to shine.
- You can auto-apply filters such as Grayscale, Blur, and Sepia to your images.
- It provides you with left and center layout alignments that you can set for an entire site or a dedicated post/page.
- The theme makes designing super easy with the inclusion of Themify drag and drop Builder.
Elegant comes up in 3 different pricing plans:
- Standard: $59
- Developer: $69, Theme + Photoshop Files
- Master Club: 89, For this you need to join Theme Club to access all themes and plugins.
Divi is one of the most popular WordPress themes in the market and an ultimate page builder. The theme comes with tons of unique page elements and design options to make your travel blog to another level.
The theme’s template is full width along with large featured images to grab attention. Most importantly, it features social icons, photo galleries, and featured posts. Apart from that, it includes a unique trip page layout to tell your stories in the most captivating way. With Divi, you can design your pages in real-time and see those changes instantly.
- With the Divi Theme Builder, you can create blog posts and archive templates.
- It allows you to style your fonts and text so that they appear mesmerizingly.
- With the shape dividers, you can add custom shapes and effects to your blog for added attraction.
- You can add animations to any element you like without much hassle.
- The theme allows you to build a stunning responsive blog maintaining the same beauty on all the screen sizes.
Divi is available in different pricing plans:
- Yearly access: $89/year, Product Updates, Premium Support, Unlimited Website Usage.
- Lifetime access: $249/year, Lifetime Updates, Lifetime Premium Support, Unlimited Website Usage.
Phlox is a fantastic multipurpose WordPress theme that’s well-suited for a wide range of projects. It comes up with several ready-to-use templates for travel blogs and travel agencies. Also, the theme offers tons of customization options to tweak things as per your need.
Moreover, it features a modern design, jaw-dropping header background image, parallax effects to amaze your viewers. The homepage includes multiple sections where you can showcase popular destinations, packages, photos, etc.
- Built-in gallery that allows you to display your stunning images in the best way.
- You can highlight your posts to create an impression with its responsive touch slider.
- Includes different post formats by which you can showcase your blog post amazingly.
- Has 30+ exclusive widgets such as Contact Form, Instagram Feed, Info Box, etc.
- Advanced Image Preloading makes images load whenever visitors scroll down the page.
Free. To get your hands on its pro version you’ve to pay $59.
Futurio is a lightweight and highly customizable multipurpose theme suited for travel agencies and blogs. It comes with tons of demo sites, which you can import with a single click. And get your travel blog running in no time!
Its homepage has an old magazine look that allows you to showcase posts in a masonry grid. On the top lies the social icons followed by minimalist featured sections. Furthermore, it has a specific blog and news page along with search functionality as well.
- Includes 9 blog Elementor widgets by which you can style your blog’s design to match as per your needs.
- Essential custom widgets to showcase your latest posts, social media, etc.
- Other notable features include color presets, left/right sidebar, custom backgrounds, posts, and page layouts.
- The theme is RTL and Translation Ready.
- Supports WordPress plugins like WooCommerce, Jetpack, Contact Form 7, Yoast SEO, etc.
Free. Futurio Pro is available on various pricing plans:
- Basic: $39, 1 year of support and updates.
- Extra: $69, 2 years of support and updates.
- Lifetime: $89, Lifetime support and updates.
19. Blossom Travel
Blossom Travel is a lovely WordPress theme for creating different feminine blogs like travel, personal, fashion, etc. The key thing about this theme is, it features a modern design combined with a pleasing color combination. So, it enhances the user experience.
Its homepage features a search bar and a social icon on top of the header area. Moreover, it comes with large featured images, multiple sections, advanced typography, etc. Apart from that, it allows you to include Instagram images to increase your online followers.
- With it, you can add a video on the banner section to entice your site visitors.
- It’s fully compatible with HTML5 Maps so you can showcase your visited places with ease.
- Comes with a blog section where you can share your latest stories.
- Offers you unlimited primary, secondary, and background colors to increase the charm of your blog.
- The theme provides you the option of showcasing your posts in various layouts such as full width, full width with centered, left-sidebar, and right-sidebar.
Free. Blossom Travel Pro is available for $59. However, it offers you other options as well:
- Blossom Travel Pro(Lifetime Updates and Support): $99
- Theme + Theme Installation and Setup Service: $158
- Blossom Travel Pro(Lifetime Updates and Support) + Theme Installation and Setup Service: $198
CityLogic is a gorgeous WordPress theme that makes it easy for you to build pages in moments. The theme’s simple yet eye-grabbing design is sure to appeal to your viewers to make them come again. Also, it’s easy to use and beginner-friendly.
CityLogic comes up with a sticky navigation menu, large featured images, multiple sections, team sections, etc. Most importantly, it offers you tons of page templates, blog layouts, multiple gallery layouts, etc.
- The theme offers you a static header image, slider, and a full-width header video.
- You can have total design freedom with the unlimited colors that it offers.
- With advanced typography, you can attractively showcase your content .
- You can tweak each element of your blog easily as it’s highly customizable.
- Compatible with the most popular plugins like WooCommerce, WPForms, and Recent Posts Widget Extended.
CityLogic is free. Buying its premium version will cost you $25.
And that’s a wrap! So, in this article, we’ve covered the 20 best WordPress themes for travel blogs 2021. We hope you liked it!
All right, now comes the tough task up the sleeve for you! Which one to go for? Let us make that easy for you. Astra is the one if you’re looking to start with a free version. It has million active installations and is highly praised by a thousand WordPress users.
If budget is not a problem, then you can hunt for the Soledad theme. The pricing does fair justice to the number of features it possesses. And it isn’t that costly as well.
Now, if you’ve chosen your best travel blogging theme, then you can get started easily! Just follow our step-by-step guide:
Still, do you’ve any questions? Then leave a comment below.