Are you looking for the best Moz alternatives out there in the market? Or wondering if any other tool exists besides Moz that fulfills all your SEO needs? If yes, then here we go.
When it comes to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tools, Moz is a top resource. It simplifies SEO, from assisting with picking the right keywords to creating personalized reports. Ultimately, this helps your website rank higher and get more targeted traffic.
Nevertheless, there are some restrictions with Moz that you must take account into. So, before setting for Moz, it’s better to look for the best alternatives to it. And there are, in fact, a number of more effective SEO tools accessible.
So, in this article, we’ve come up with a handpicked list of the best Moz alternatives. They are all excellent for SEO and website marketing.
Let’s begin straight away.
What is Moz? – Overview
It provides a variety of efficient SEO solutions, including site audits, keyword research, rank tracking, and backlink analysis. Along with keyword difficulty, scores, and other data, you can also find hundreds of keywords to target.
Delightfully, it includes a free SEO tool called Keyword Explorer, among its solutions. Also, it offers a full suite of tools for conducting comprehensive keyword and SERP research.
For that, you’ll need to sign up for a Moz account to access Keyword Explorer and other free SEO tools. Then, you can enter a URL or search term to find the required content. With that, you get a thorough keyword analysis, suggestions, etc.
This is merely a brief introduction to Moz. Let’s look at its features in greater detail to learn more.
Key Features of Moz:
- Determine the best content that your competitors are using to rank for significant keywords.
- From more than 500 million actual keywords, choose the ones that will provide the most traffic to your website.
- Competitive SEO metrics like Domain Authority, ranking keywords, top pages, and more are available to you.
- Add the Moz Bar extension to Google Chrome to view the best SEO stats for any website right away.
- With Moz Local, you can also check how your location is presented on regional search engines. And how you can enhance it.
- Furthermore, you can create and preserve keyword lists in one location. Then, utilize it as a keyword planner in the future.
- Makes it simple to export lists, analysis, and suggestions from keyword research into metrics-rich, well-formatted CSV files.
From Moz, you can find a few free SEO tools. Including Domain Analysis, Link Explorer, and Keyword Explorer.
Meanwhile, you can purchase the robust, all-inclusive Moz Pro premium package at the pricing listed below:
- Standard Plan: Costs $99 per month. Allows for up to 3 campaigns, 60 performance metrics, 5 on-demand crawls per month, etc.
- Medium Plan: Costs $179 per month. Allows for up to 10 campaigns, 200 performance metrics, 30 on-demand crawls per month, etc.
- Large Plan: Costs $299 monthly. Allows for up to 25 campaigns, 500 performance metrics, 60 on-demand crawls per month, etc.
- Premium Plan: Costs $599 monthly. Allows for up to 50 campaigns, 1000 performance metrics, 10 on-demand crawls per month, and more.
Moz appears to be the ideal SEO tool after reviewing all these features. Isn’t it? This isn’t true in every instance, though. As there are a few of its limitations that you should be aware of.
So, let’s check out them in the coming section.
Why Do You Need Moz Alternatives?
Moz is an amazing SEO and marketing tool. If we just focus on the Moz customer rating from G2 Reviews, it has an astounding 4.4 out of 5 stars. Similarly, it also has a Trustpilot rating of 4.4 out of 5.
Despite the outstanding rating, people are not entirely happy with some features. for instance, filtering choices, customer support, personalized reports, etc.
In fact, some of its other drawbacks prompt us to search for Moz alternatives and competitors.
Following are a few justifications for why you would want to look for a Moz alternative:
- Lacks a wide range of efficient keyword research filtering options.
- The navigation and dashboard of the user interface are not very user-friendly.
- The reporting does not offer a lot of personalization.
- Some of the reports require a week or more to become available after you’ve entered the keywords.
- Few customers report that multiple error messages also display when utilizing the site’s various capabilities.
- Although Keyword Explorer is a free SEO tool, other services cost a lot more money.
However, there is nothing to worry about. There are other solutions with stronger SEO and marketing functions on the market.
You can browse our selection of excellent alternatives to choose the one that best meets your demands. So let’s get started with the list of the top Moz alternatives!
Summary of the Best Moz Alternatives and Competitors
Here’s a quick summary of the best Moz alternatives and competitors. Do have a peak!
|Moz Alternatives||Starting Price||Features||Ease of Use||G2 Ratings|
|Semrush||Free to use with a Semrush account. Pricing starts at $119.95/month.||Look at the past performance of any keyword ads and the SEO metrics of your main rivals. as well as regional and international search volume.||4.5||4.6/5|
|Ahrefs||Pricing starts at $99/month.||Easily group and save keywords into lists for later use. Search for results using 10 different search engines and over 171 different countries.||4.4||4.6/5|
|Ubersuggest||Free once you create a free account. Pricing starts at $12/month.||Keep track of your links and look for relevant links for your website. Also, assists you in monitoring daily changes to your rankings.||4.5||4.2/5|
|Google Analytics and Search Console||Free of cost. With pricing plans starting at $15K/year.||View the most visited pages on the website. At the same time, you can also find out which keywords are bringing visitors to your website.||4.2||4.5/5|
7 Best Moz Alternatives and Competitors for 2022
Here, we’ve come up with the best Moz alternatives and competitors out there that you can use for your SEO and marketing. Go through each of them and pick the one that fulfills your SEO needs.
Semrush, one of the top and finest Moz alternatives, is a fully functional SEO toolbox. They actually have more than 21 awards from across the world for being the best SEO software suite. Besides, nearly 10 million digital marketers utilize this platform.
The best aspect is its Domain Overview feature, where you can enter the website address of your key rival. Then look at their keyword information, organic traffic figures, and other information. This way, you can eventually get a competitive advantage.
Apart from that, you can type a keyword into its Keyword Research tool. Consequently, this will offer you details about the keyword’s desirability, how frequently people look for it, and other things.
Semrush Key Features & Advantages over Moz:
- Contains 20+ billion keyword databases on the market. Thus, it conducts precise and high-quality keyword research.
- Uses graphs and charts to provide in-depth visual information. The software is simple to use because of this functionality.
- Equipped with advanced Semrush Content Marketing tools. Such as brand monitoring, Content Audit, and Content Templates.
- Includes publishing, tracking, and ad management tools for social media administration.
- Assists in the evaluation of your target terms by providing keyword and intent analyses.
- You can also research the SEO stats of your top competitors for any keyword. Also, examine regional and global search volume.
- There are no white-label reports offered.
- It’s more expensive in comparison to other tools.
- Newcomers could find it overwhelming due to the sheer amount of technology tools available.
You’ll be happy to learn that Semrush is available for immediate use. All you have to do is create a free account. The free plan does, however, come with certain limitations.
- Pro: Costs $119.95/month billed monthly. Add up to 5 projects, get 500 keywords to track, 10000 results per report, etc.
- Guru: Costs $229.95/month billed monthly. Create up to 15 projects, 1500 keywords to track, 30000 results per report, historic data, etc.
- Business: Costs $449.95/month billed monthly. Add up to 40 projects, 5000 keywords to track, 50000 results per report, API access, etc.
Semrush Customer Support Options:
Semrush has top-notch customer service options. You can call or use chat to communicate with their support staff.
Similarly, if you’re a newbie, you can ask for a firsthand demo of Semrush’s functionality. Additionally, you can get in touch with the sales staff for any custom solutions related to your company’s demands. On their Semrush Contact page, you can discover all the necessary details.
Nevertheless, Semrush also has a substantial knowledge library with articles divided into several areas. Additionally, you can enroll in their Semrush Academy program to receive free online digital marketing training and tests.
- G2 Review of Semrush.com: 4.6/5 (1638 Reviews)
- Check more recent reviews.
In a nutshell, Semrush is among the best and most well-liked tools that concentrate equally on SEO and marketing aspects. You’ll have access to all the 50+ tools you need to launch and develop your site.
For a newbie, its free plan is a wonderful place to start, but you can submit only 10 questions each day. Furthermore, you’ll gain access to a few tools only. Like Semrush’s domain and keyword overviews as well as its on-page SEO checker.
You should absolutely consider using its premium version if you want to maximize the SEO for your website. Delightfully, it even offers a 7-day free trial to explore on your own. Further, making it our top pick among the Moz alternatives.
Do you want to use Semrush?
If so, then check out our detailed Semrush user guide if you want to use it. This guide explains how to utilize Semrush’s free trial.
Ahrefs is another best Moz alternatives out there in the market. The main appeal of this tool is that you can obtain results from over 171 different countries and 10 different search engines. Additionally, it gives you a quick rundown of the SEO statistics and ranking patterns of the top-ranked pages.
Further, you can also use Ahrefs Keyword Explorer to generate endless keyword possibilities. All you need to do is enter a keyword into the search box, and a long list of similar terms will appear. In essence, it gives you the ability to calculate the potential traffic for each keyword and determine how difficult it will be to rank.
Ahrefs Key Features & Advantages over Moz:
- Provides precise data to determine how difficult it would be to rank in the top 10 search results for a particular keyword.
- Relying on the most popular pages currently, its KD score determines how challenging it will be to rank for your keyword.
- You can monitor where your website stands in relation to competitors with the Rank Tracker function.
- You can use Site Audit to identify and correct any content problems that are affecting your site’s functionality.
- Offers sophisticated SEO metrics. Such as return rate, clicks per search, clickthrough rate, and other metrics.
- Phone customer assistance is inadequate.
- None of the social media marketing tools are included.
- There isn’t a free trial available when you buy a plan that is billed monthly.
You can get the premium Ahrefs tool at the following pricing schemes:
- Lite Plan: Costs $99 per month. Provides you with an SEO dashboard, site audit tool, rank tracker, keywords tool, alerts, etc.
- Standard Plan: Costs $199 per month. All of the Lite Plan features. Also, 6 months of history along with its position charts, SERP updates, and so on.
- Advanced Plan: Costs $399 per month. All of the Standard Plan features. Also, 2 years of history, site structure, dashboard folders, and more.
- Enterprise Plan: Costs $999 per month. All of the Advanced Plan features. Also, unlimited history, API, audit log, directory listing, etc.
Ahrefs Customer Support Options:
When it comes to Ahrefs’ customer service, there isn’t much of it. The Ahrefs support staff is available to chat with you for assistance.
Besides, it has Ahrefs Help Center for more comprehensive tutorials and documentation. There, you can find anything from team members’ suggestions to already-answered questions. In fact, it even offers an Ahrefs Academy with video courses to help you even further.
- G2 Review of Ahrefs: 4.6/5 (437 Reviews)
- Check more recent reviews.
Ahrefs is definitely one of the wonderful Moz alternatives and standout competitors that SEO experts and marketers strongly favor. They prefer Ahrefs due to its in-depth analytics. This is very helpful for planning out content and ranking tactics.
Although it has a very user-friendly interface, many novices might find it to be more pricey. However, if money is not an issue, you can go with using Ahrefs to perform SEO on your website.
Ubersuggest is the next pick on the list of the top Moz alternatives. It’s one of Neil Patel’s top tools for content marketing and SEO. You can conduct keyword research using its user-friendly interface. As a result, it provides real-time information about your desired keywords.
The fact that it’s a free SEO keyword tool with insights on search traffic, phrase suggestions, keyword difficulty, and other capabilities is impressive. As a result, it provides you with up-to-date information on your target keywords and offers countless keyword suggestions for your content.
Ubersuggest Key Features & Advantages over Moz:
- Its domain analysis provides insight into the marketing strategies used by your competitors. You can alter, improve, and profit from them using that.
- Access keyword ideas, daily rank tracking, and other features by simply logging into Ubersuggest using your Google account.
- Track daily adjustments to your rankings. Additionally, it’s available on more than 20 different sites on computers and mobile devices.
- Obtain a list of the top 100 Google search results for your query. Along with expected traffic, backlinks, a domain score, and other factors.
- Reports on the “top SEO pages.” So, you can assess which sites of your rivals are scoring well for the most common keywords.
- Additionally, it offers a Chrome extension that might aid in streamlining your productivity.
- It only has minimal backlink research options compared to other tools.
- There are also no tools for tracking social media activity or keeping a check on brands.
- Advanced SEO features are not included. Like Keyword Gap, such tools do not exist.
Ubersuggest is available to you without cost once you create a free account.
You can basically add a project, follow up to 25 keywords’ ranks, and track 2 domains with that free account. But with that account, you’re only allowed to conduct 3 searches each day.
Meanwhile, the following price plans are available to you if you decide to upgrade to its premium plan:
- Individual: $12 monthly. Comes with 1,000 pages crawling per site audit, 150 reports per day, 100 Chrome extension search limit, and more.
- Business: $20 monthly. Comes with 5,000 pages crawling per site audit, 300 reports daily, 300 Chrome extension search limit, and more.
- Enterprise/Agency: $40 monthly. Comes with 10,000 pages crawling per site audit, 900 reports daily, 900 Chrome extension search limit, and more.
Not to mention, it offers you a 7-day free trial period before you commit to a premium plan. Also, it includes a 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
Ubersuggest Customer Support Options:
Even novice users of Ubersuggest can use it independently because it is so simple to use. However, if we check its customer service, we find that it doesn’t offer specialized yet exclusive help for Ubersuggest.
Nevertheless, as it’s definitely one of the well-known products from Neil Patel, you’ll definitely get thorough support for your entire site. Also, on their website, you can explore a variety of products and consulting services. That can benefit your website to greater extents.
- G2 Review of Ubersuggest: 4.2/5 (87 Reviews)
- Check more recent reviews.
Ubersuggest is definitely one of the finest SEO and content marketing tools out there tailored particularly for freelancers, marketers, and SEO experts. Amidst its minor shortcomings, beginners still favor it. As it comes with a quite straightforward user interface and affordable prices.
Furthermore, once you sign up for a free account, using it is entirely free. Given that, Ubersuggest is presently one of the top Moz alternatives and toughest competitors around.
Are you looking for more effective choices for SEO and website marketing? Then, you should definitely read our in-depth post on the best Ubersuggest alternatives.
4. Google Analytics and Search Console
Next, we’ve got Google Analytics and Search Console that makes up our list of best Moz alternatives and competitors. There are 2 free tools provided by Google. You can use these tools to track the success of your SEO campaigns on your website.
Similarly, Google Analytics is a well-known digital analytics platform that provides information on every visitor action on your website to increase your engagement.
Meanwhile, Google Console evaluates the search traffic and performance of your site. Further, it helps you in resolving website issues for higher search rankings.
Google Analytics and Search Console Key Features & Advantages over Moz:
Google Analytics Features:
- Obtain quick information based on audience traits like age, gender, and geo-location.
- Evaluates revenue, return on investment (ROI), and return on ad spend (ROAS) to assess the efficacy of your digital marketing.
- You can create and export customized performance reports for your website.
- Integrates well with a number of Google tools, including Google Ads, Google Ad Manager, and others.
- Get comparable YouTube or Google Search results from it.
Search Console Features:
- In the Performance tab, check the individual performance of your pages and keywords.
- To index new content, it has the option to submit sitemaps and specified URLs.
- Separate Links tab where you can look at the backlinks. Additionally, check to see if any of them are damaged.
- Improves the rating of your site by making it simpler for Google crawlers to crawl and index your site.
- Send email alerts when they discover serious errors on the website.
Google Analytics and Search Console Cons:
- Both of these tools have a learning curve, so if you’re using them for the first time, it will take you some time to get used to them.
You’ll be glad to learn that Google Search Console is an entirely free service. As a result, you can use it directly from your account.
Meanwhile, you can use Google Analytics service in both a free and a paid version. If you are just starting out as an entrepreneur or own a small firm, the free tool is more than sufficient for you.
However, if you need advanced features, you’ll have to purchase a premium package. As part of its premium package, it offers Google Analytics 360. You can get it at $15K/year and comes with greater analytics, better data collection for specific purposes, etc.
Google Analytics and Search Console Customer Support Options:
Talking about customer support options, then Google Analytics has Analytics Help Center as its support center. Meanwhile, there is also a Search Console Help Forum where you can join the group and search for recently reported messages.
Apart from that, it comes with comprehensive documentation from the Webmaster Academy. The resource will certainly offer guidance on how to use these tools to your site’s fullest benefit and boost its SEO.
- G2 Review of Google Analytics.com: 4.5/5 (5929 Reviews)
- Check more recent reviews.
- G2 Review of Google Search Console: 4.6/5 (140 Reviews)
- Check more recent reviews.
In a nutshell, the combination of these 2 tools provides a complete picture of how Google perceives your website. Simply put, you get to view the most visited pages on the website. At the same time, you can also find out which keywords are bringing visitors to your website.
The best part is that both of them are freely accessible and, on average, receive positive ratings. The ideal fusion of these features makes it one of the best Moz tool alternatives.
Another excellent Moz alternative tool is SpyFu which is a complete SEO marketing suite. You can use this tool to analyze the websites of your rivals and develop a strategy to stay ahead of the pack.
Additionally, you get to utilize it without logging in because you can do it for free. However, you will need to register a free account and log in if you want to browse more than one website. At the same time, all you have to do is insert the website’s URL, and the results will appear instantly.
Similarly, while conducting keyword research, all you need to do is enter the keyword, and the results will be displayed. With that, you’ll have insights into monthly volumes, expected clicks, inbound links, and more.
SpyFu Key Features & Advantages over Moz:
- Find out quickly which PPC (Pay Per Click) keywords, backlinks, and SEO keywords your rivals are using successfully.
- Monitors your account for the expensive Google Ads keywords that your rivals have previously attempted and failed with.
- Helps you discover how to establish stronger links with other domains.
- Ability to come up with specific keyword suggestions. You can also sort them based on factors like SEO difficulty and search volume.
- Creates customized custom SEO reports. Plus, it provides insightful advice to help you improve the number of visitors to your site.
- Beginners may struggle with Ad analytics.
- For new users, there is a slight learning curve.
Talking about its cost, then SpyFu is a high-end premium SEO tool that’s available to you at the following pricing schemes:
- Basic: Costs $33/month annual plan, or $39/month monthly plan. Offers 10K row search results, 6 months of historical data, and more.
- Professional: Costs $58/month annual plan, or $79/month monthly plan. Offers unlimited search results, 10+ years of historical data, and more.
- Team: Costs $199/month annual plan, or $299/month monthly plan. All Professional features, 2000 sales leads & domain contacts, 5 user logins, etc.
SpyFu Customer Support Options:
When it comes to customer care, SpyFu offers a fair level of assistance. Specifically, you can contact the SpyFu support staff by phone or live chat. That also from 6 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Similarly, you can also fill out its contact form and express your issues. With that medium, you can reach out to the sales or support team of SpyFu.Other than that, a SpyFu Help Center is also available. There, you can get thorough documentation on how to use the tool and answers to your queries.
- G2 Review of SpyFu: 4.6/5 (485 Reviews)
- Check more recent reviews.
SpyFu is essentially a full-featured SEO marketing solution that many digital marketers favor. Importantly, it provides comprehensive information on the advertisements that rivals employ to obtain organic and paid searches. You can use this to develop clever content strategies and keywords.
By applying an online search engine marketing trick methodology, this tool effectively spies on the opposition. Further, setting it apart from the major SEO tools out there including Moz.
Another best Moz alternative and competitor out there that makes up our list is AnswerThePublic. With it, you can discover long-tail keywords associated with a certain subject. In contrast to tools like Moz, it produces keyword results in the form of either questions, prepositions, or comparisons.
The finest feature of this application is how user-friendly it is for beginners. In fact, using it doesn’t even need creating an account. By just typing your phrase into a search engine and looking at the results, you can get yourself started quickly.
Moreover, it also offers to autocomplete information from search engines like Google and Bing for better article ideas. Furthermore, if you click on any keyword result, a new tab with the Google search results will appear.
AnswerThePublic Key Features & Advantages over Moz:
- Use search listening alerts to receive weekly emails describing changes in the search activity for a keyword you’re tracking.
- It gives you immediate access to unfiltered search insights that come straight from the customers’ minds.
- Conduct as many keyword searches as you like each day to get the finest content ideas.
- Gives you the option to hide results or ideas that aren’t relevant to your search.
- Additionally, it enables you to readily analyze the data with filters by exporting your results to CSV.
- Does not include keyword metrics like difficulty, amount of searches, or competitiveness.
- The daily search is limited to three times per day in the free edition.
- The pricing plans are pricey in comparison.
The keyword research tool AnswerThePublic is available for free. However, it has its own limitations.
On the other hand, you can upgrade to one of its Pro plans if you’re searching for extra features. Its pricing schemes are such that:
- Monthly: Costs $99/month. Comes with unlimited searches, 5 search listening alerts, up to 3 users, and more.
- Annual: Costs $79/month, or $948 billed yearly. Includes all Monthly plan features that you can use with up to 5 users, and so on.
- Expert: Costs $199/month. With every Annual plan feature, you get 20 search listening alerts, etc.
AnswerThePublic Customer Support Options:
Regarding customer support, it offers a sufficient level of assistance. You can easily send an email to the AnswerThePublic support staff. This way, you can easily communicate with them and put your issues forward.
Alternatively, you can also look over the team’s responses and guidance in the Help Center at its official site. Not to mention, do check the FAQs area for the answers to common queries.
- G2 Review of AnswerThePublic: 4.5/5 (24 Reviews)
- Check more recent reviews.
In essence, AnswerThePublic is a search listening tool that provides quick, unfiltered insights into what your customers are thinking. Also, you can see search results presented in a lovely visual fashion for quick interpretation. Ultimately, this helps you provide engaging content that your audience wants.
Moreover, the fact that AnswerThePublic is a free tool is significant. Additionally, it comes with a premium plan that offers outstanding features and maximum benefits are available. This makes it one of the potential Moz alternatives to look forward to.
Wondering if there are other alternatives similar to AnswerThePublic? Then, check our article on the best AnswerThePublic alternatives to know more about it.
7. SE Ranking
Last but not least, we’ve got SE Ranking as one of the best Moz alternatives and competitors out there. It’s a multifaceted SEO tool that provides a variety of tools for optimizing your website. That includes competitive analysis, keyword research tools, website auditing, and more.
Other than that, its nicest aspect is the keyword rank tracking feature. With this capability, it displays the current keyword rankings for your website. Additionally, it also keeps track of your rating as much as you like at the level of a nation, region, or city.
SE Ranking Key Features & Advantages over Moz:
- Thoroughly audits websites. Further, identifies problems both on- and off-page, and provides solutions.
- Provides a white-label option for firms to run their own expert SEO business on the SE Ranking platform.
- Includes tools for monitoring and scheduled posting so you can fully take charge of your social media.
- Comes with a thorough marketing and SEO strategy that includes a site audit, an SEO checklist, and personalized goals.
- Sends you notifications when changes are made to either your website or a competitor’s.
SE Ranking Cons:
- Sometimes the audit reports are not realistic.
- Doesn’t have sophisticated social media engagement features.
From its website, you can easily obtain the premium SE Ranking with 3 pricing options. As follows:
- Essential Plan: Costs $31.20 per month. Offers you 250 keywords, 450,000 keyword checks in total, and so on.
- Pro Plan: Costs $71.20 per month. Offers you 1,000 keywords, 1.800,000 keyword checks in total, and more.
- Business Plan: Costs $151.20 per month. Offers you 2,500 keywords, 4,500,000 keyword checks in total, etc.
SE Ranking Customer Support Options:
In terms of customer service, SE Ranking does incredibly well. It allows you to choose between phone and chats support. Additionally, you can submit a contact form with your request and attach files for clearer communication.
Not to forget, it has a comprehensive FAQs section and SE Ranking knowledge base. With that, you’ll become familiar with every tool and quickly locate the solutions.
- G2 Review of SE Ranking: 4.8/5 (1076 Reviews)
- Check more recent reviews.
In essence, SE Ranking is a thorough SEO tool and one of the strongest Moz rivals available today. Its pricing options are suitable for everyone and its user interface is simple enough for beginners.
Additionally, it has several functions that Moz does not have. Such as social media management, white-label services for SEO firms, and so on. So, if you’re searching for a tool that’s inexpensive and has the fundamental functions you need, SE Ranking is a good Moz alternative.
And that’s a wrap! We’ve covered the 7 best Moz alternatives & competitors for 2022. Hope you enjoyed it!
It’s entirely up to you which SEO tool you decide to use for your website. But Semrush is something we strongly advise. As it’s an all-inclusive SEO tool a ton of solutions for your keywords, competition, social media, and other aspects.
If you have any additional questions concerning the best Moz alternatives, feel free to leave a comment below. We’ll try to get back to you as soon as we can.
Please, let us know which of the alternatives to Moz you are selecting in the comment section below.
Also, don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends and family if you found this article fruitful.