Wondering what are the best WordPress form plugins to build online forms? If so, then you’ve landed at the right place.
Adding forms is the most essential and basic thing for any type of website to connect with your visitors. Because not all visitors will go through your email or chat boxes. So, the first thing they’ll seek to communicate with your website is the forms.
Moreover, this is an easy and effective way to get your users on an email list and send them daily updates. This gives them a reason to visit your site often and increases the conversion rate.
However, we’re aware that there are tons of WordPress form plugins. Going through a variety of options is quite a hassle. Don’t worry! We’ve made it simple for you.
So, we’ve handpicked some of the best WordPress form plugins for 2021 which can be suitable for your site. Let’s dig in.
How to choose WordPress Form Plugins to Build Online Forms 2021?
WordPress form plugins are a broad category that helps you create stunning forms easily. It covers all types of online forms including contact form, survey form, feedback form, newsletter form, request form, etc.
There’re several criteria to be considered while choosing the WordPress form plugins for your website. So, make sure your plugin includes the following things:
- Protection from spam: Ensure that the selected plugin provides you anti-spam features such as usages of captcha or integrates with anti-spam plugin. This helps to gain real users and protects you from spam bots and spammers.
- Customizable: Plugin should be highly customizable so that you can change logo, color, layout, etc. of form to represent your company’s identity. This way, your customers will have a good impression of your website.
- Responsiveness/Mobile-Friendly: Make sure that the selected plugin is responsive or mobile friendly. So that, users can reach out to your form regardless of any devices whether it be mobile, desktop, tablet, or laptop.
- Easy data handling: Websites require different types of forms such as contact, survey, subscription, and many more. Due to which, plugins should be able to collect data from different forms quickly and manage them.
- Provides insights via analysis: Only collected data is not enough to improve your strategy. The plugins should be able to analyze it to provide you actionable insights to increase your customers.
- Embed form: Chosen plugin must allow you to insert the form anywhere on your website. Such as on the posts, pages, in the contents, footer, etc.
Other important criteria are pricing, updates, reviews & ratings, active installations, etc.
With that, let’s take a look at the list of the 17 best WordPress form plugins to build online forms for 2021.
17 Best WordPress Form Plugins to Build Online Forms 2021
Here, we’ve hand-picked some of the best WordPress form plugins that allow you to build any type of form. Go through the description and features of each plugin to determine which is best for your website.
WPForms is the most popular form builder plugin with 5+ million active installations. It’s a drag and drop builder that allows you to create amazing forms without hiring developers. You can build forms such as contact, feedback, subscription, payment forms, and other online forms.
With its 300+ pre-built form templates, you can quickly start customizing the form. You can easily customize form fields, rearrange, add or remove them. Not only that, but it also allows you to customize with section dividers, blocks, or adding custom CSS. Hence, designing and styling your form with tons of filters and functionality can be completed within a few minutes.
Key Features of WPForms:
- Built-in anti-spam protection and direct integrations with hCaptcha and Google reCAPTCHA.
- Able to quickly respond to incoming requests and inquiries with instant notification systems.
- Allows you to collect files and media via forms with file uploads.
- Long forms can be splitted into multiple pages displaying the progress bar to improve user experience.
- Integration with Monsterinsights helps you to see the stats of your form and grow your business.
- With its front-end post submission form (allows users to submit blog posts without logging in); collect user-submitted content in WordPress.
WPForms plugin comes with a free version and can be downloaded from WordPress.org. It also offers you a premium version as well. The pricing plan of the pro version is given as:
- Basic Plan: $39.50/year
- Plus Plan: $99.50/year
- Pro Plan: $199.50/year
- Elite Plan: $299.50/year
Gravity Forms is yet another powerful solution for creating custom web forms that help to connect with your users. You can quickly design and build your WordPress forms using its intuitive form editor. With its built-in features, it gives you full control and less effort in building.
It gives you 30+ form fields and also allows you to configure your fields, set your preferences, and add forms on your website. Moreover, you can show or hide fields, sections, pages, or buttons based on the user’s selection.
Furthermore, you can collect data via forms in a secure way. Such as applying field validation, email verification, dynamic fields, quizzes and polls, and so on.
Key Features of Gravity Forms:
- Import and export features allow you to create new forms or backup existing files.
- Lets users save their form entries and continue at any point to increase engagement and form completion.
- Break lengthy forms into multiple pages with less scrolling and more submitting to make them approachable.
- Manages transactions directly from your WordPress forms as it integrates with Stripe, Square, Mollie and many more.
- Able to create forms within forms for improved engagement using Nested Forms by Gravity Wiz.
Gravity Forms plugin is a premium plugin where its pricing plans are mentioned below:
- Basic Plan: $59/year
- Pro Plan: $159/year
- Elite Plan: $259/year
Everest Forms is one of the free WordPress form plugins that lets you create an unlimited number of online forms. Since it offers pre-built templates, you won’t need to build from scratch, and also creating a form becomes quicker. Also, gives you the freedom to add, delete, and rearrange fields while building forms.
Besides, it helps you manage form entries. The submitted forms will be listed in entries. Additionally, you can quickly manage all of your form entries directly from your WordPress dashboard such as view, edit, remove, and restore. Also, export the form entries list as a file.
Key Features of Everest Forms:
- Along with form submissions, collect geolocation data from your users.
- To make data analysis easier, send form submissions to Google Sheets.
- Prevent spam form submission by adding custom questions and a math captcha.
- Limit form submission entries, establish form submission dates, restrict forms to non-logged in users, protect form submission with a password.
- With the AJAX form submission feature, users may instantly submit forms without having to reload the page.
Although the Everest Forms plugin has a free version, you can also upgrade to the premium version to unlock more features. Its pricing plans of premium version are:
- Personal Plan: $49/year
- Plus Plan: $99/year
- Professional Plan: $149/year
- Agency Plan: $199/year
4. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is another awesome plugin that provides you with all the features required to build different types of forms. It helps you to create gorgeous and user-friendly forms without a professional developer. Hence, you can design beautiful complex forms by easily dragging and dropping the fields.
Besides, it allows users to upload files and make any form an upload form. You can also send or export the submissions in the form of PDF, Excel files, or even Google Sheets.
Moreover, integration with PayPal, Stripe, etc. assists you to accept payments via the form. Also, you can make the payments as a single payment, subscriptions, fixed, variable, or user-entered amount.
Key Features of Ninja Forms:
- Allows you to create unlimited form with unlimited form submissions.
- Able to customize email notifications from any form.
- Easily grow your email list by integration with marketing email marketing plugins like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, etc.
- Protects from spammers and spam bots by using Akismet plugin and Google reCaptcha.
- Offers pre-built templates with 27+ fields that can be included in the form.
Ninja Forms plugin comes with both free and paid versions. You can download its free version from WordPress.org. Whereas, its premium version has various plans; given as:
- Personal Plan: $49.50/year
- Professional Plan: $99.50/year
- Agency Plan: $249.50/year
Contact Form 7 is the most favored form plugin that is free and provides everything you need to build a form. Being one of the oldest plugins without a paid version, there’s a number of websites that have been using this plugin.
You can create different types of forms easily. It also allows you to customize your forms using simple markup, shortcodes, or custom CSS. In addition, it helps you to manage information and contacts of users that are obtained from multiple forms.
Key Features of Contact Form 7:
- Able to customize messages such as thank you or error messages after users have submitted the form.
- Uses CAPTCHA and Akismet spam filtering to protect from spams.
- Allows you to add or remove any fields in the form, also edit the label text of your fields.
- Embed your forms anywhere on your website (pages, posts, contents, etc).
- Users can upload files and attachments while submitting a form.
Contact Form 7 plugin is completely free to use and can be downloaded from the official WordPress plugin directory.
Looking for an all-in-one form builder plugin? If yes, then here we go.
weForms is much more than just a contact form builder as it can create any form within minutes. With its incredibly powerful feature, simply drag and drop the fields you want to add to your form. And, instantly get a live preview of the form you’ve just built. Also, use a variety of forms in each area of the website, going beyond creating just a contact form.
Besides, you can publish your forms by adding them to the Gutenberg editor. So, select from the drop-down present in the weForms block for Gutenberg to publish a form on a page. And an entire form renders automatically within the editor and on the page. Hence, easy embedding forms.
Key Features of weForms:
- With its unique and customizable form templates, save an ample amount of time.
- Able to set a form expiration date for the form to become invalid on a specific date or time.
- Redirect any submitted form to your website to increase traffic and lead generation.
- Manage form submissions to collect data without having to worry about backend coding.
- Get full mail support, including customizable emails and HTML email templates.
- Integration with Slack allows you to receive notification in your Slack channel when a user submits a form.
weForms plugin has both free and paid versions. Its free version can be downloaded from the official WordPress plugins directory. However, for the paid version, it offers different plans, given as:
- Personal Plan: $49/year
- Professional Plan: $59/year
- Business Plan: $99/year
- Developer Plan: $249/year
Typeform is another versatile plugin that allows you to create forms, surveys, and quizzes so users enjoy answering and filling. You can build forms with a one-question-at-a-time interface to make it feel more like a conversation.
Hence, communicating with users in an interactive way results in better responses from visitors. Also, it helps to increase lead generation, expand your contact list, gather feedback, and much more.
Moreover, you can customize the font, color scheme, background, images on your form to match your brand.
Key Features of Typeform:
- Embed your forms seamlessly at any spot of your website.
- Typeform is a 100% responsive plugin so the appearance of form can be adjusted perfectly on any device.
- Show your audiences outcomes that are personalized based on their responses.
- Move your data easily to the tools you want with it’s 30+ integrations (Slack, HubSpot, Mailchimp, etc).
- User’s activity such as visits, responses, completion rate, and average completion time are all displayed on a dashboard.
Though the Typeform plugin is free to use and can be downloaded from WordPress.org, it offers the pro version. So, to get a premium version for more features, you can choose from its pro plans:
- Basic Plan: $25/month
- Plus Plan: $50/month
- Business Plan: $83/month
ARForms is a sophisticated plugin that allows you to create a variety of forms. You can create attractive forms with high customization; giving your brand a new look. Also, you can be able to crop and rotate the images before inserting them into your forms. Besides, it gives specific features of each form like matrix field for survey form, spinner field for an order form, etc.
Moreover, its enhanced conditional logic feature lets you set conditions of form fields. So, you can show/hide, enable/disable, or pre-populate a specified value dependent on the input value of other fields. Therefore, you won’t need technical knowledge to create any complex forms.
Key Features of ARForms:
- Powerful analytics monitors your forms and analyzes data using visually appealing graphs and charts.
- Stores user’s progress automatically and populates prefilled data when users return to form.
- Allows users to view or confirm their filled data before submitting a form and also modify it.
- Import or export specific data, or full forms, complete with all form settings.
- Anti-spam feature supports reCAPTCHA and custom captcha.
- Prevents duplicate entries and duplicate form saving your time.
Being the premium plugin, you can purchase the regular license of ARForms at $39.
Forminator is the easy-to-use WordPress form builder plugin. It gives you the simplest way to make any type of interactive form to increase conversion and also collects data. It’s most suitable for forms with custom fields, quizzes, calculations, and also payment forms.
Other than that, it comes with a bunch of drag and drop blocks that make easy arrangements of fields. Such as name, email file upload, text, date, time radio, boxes, hidden fields, and so on.
Furthermore, the import wizard of this plugin allows you to transfer all or selected forms within a few clicks. You can also transfer data from a variety of add-ons and settings.
Key Features of Forminator:
- With email routing, auto-response, and conditions, you can use query strings to pre-fill visitors information.
- Collects and organizes submissions so you can sort, analyze, and manage answers.
- With Google reCAPTCHA, you can avoid a barrage of form spam in your mailbox.
- Allows users to upload multiple files . Also, you can set the limit on the number of files, specific files that can be uploaded or even size of each file.
- “Date picker limits” feature allows you to limit the available dates that appear on the date field calendar of your form.
Forminator plugin is free to use but it also offers a premium version where starting cost is $5/month, billed yearly.
Form Maker by 10Web is a modern and intuitive plugin for creating online forms. Its elegant drag & drop interface allows you to create unique perfect-looking responsive forms. The plugin comes with a wide range of options and features that can be customized to meet your specific needs.
It allows you to create custom forms and is ideal for any kind of online form. Each type of form will have its own set of options and display settings. Under those options, you can choose a theme for each form, modify email settings and configure conditional logic after submission.
Key Features of Form Maker by 10Web:
- Able to receive real-time notifications of new user submissions.
- All of your entries can be tracked and exported and also set automatic email responses.
- Forms can be embedded in blog posts or shown as popups, top bars, or scroll boxes.
- Allow your users to save partial entries so they can finish them later.
- Send customized email notifications to recipients based on the forms they’ve filled out.
- Users can submit guest posts by submitting a form.
Form Maker by 10Web is a free plugin that can be downloaded from WordPress.org. It also offers a premium version where its plans are given as:
- Basic Plan: $30
- Pro Plan: $60
- Bundle Plan: $100
Formidable Form Builder is an extendable online form builder plugin that gives you tools to save your time and create complex forms. You can create a smart form with conditional logic, a multi-page form, file upload form, quiz, or email subscription form. Also, repeater fields, payments integrations, cascading dropdown fields all can be stacked.
Moreover, it helps in the entity management of users, You can display, edit, and delete form entries with ease. Also, allow users that are logged in to control their personal journal entries, guest blog posts, and other features.
Besides, this plugin is not just limited to data collection via forms. It also allows you to format, filter, and display form submissions to have better solutions.
Key Features of Formidable Form Builder:
- Email notifications, SMS messages, and webhooks can all be scheduled to send at a later time.
- Fill fields with values from the user’s profile or posts automatically (i.e. custom fields). Fill in known values like a user’s name and email address once they’ve checked in.
- Instant and powerful anti-spam features from Honeypot, Google reCAPTCHA, Akismet.
- Able to open and close event registration and sign up forms on a specific date.
- Create personalized email messages for multiple recipients and send information from an email.
Formidable Form Builder plugin has both free and premium versions. You can download its free version from the official WordPress plugin directory. For the premium version, there are the following pricing plans:
- Basic Plan: $39.50/year
- Plus Plan: $99.50/year
- Business Plan: $199.50/year
- Elite Plan: $299.50/year
12. NEX Forms
NEX Forms is a complete online form-building solution with dozens of built-in capabilities and add-ons. You can create incredible forms with tons of styling options as form fields can be styled completely or specific. Also, integration with 1200+ Google fonts along with 1500+ built-in font awesome icons into your form and in form fields.
The plugin keeps the track of form views, interactions, and submissions. This provides form analytics on when a user views the form, starts form interaction, and completes form submission. Hence, those collected data can be seen in your dashboard using various graphs and charts.
Key Features of NEX Forms:
- Based on the user’s selection or input, perform actions on fields such as hiding and showing them.
- With the built-in anti-spam protection, there’s no need for captcha or reCAPTCHA.
- Large forms can be broken down into manageable steps for your users to finish quickly.
- Any form can be popped up by buttons, links, custom elements, page scroll, or a timer.
- From form submissions, send customized user confirmation emails and admin email notifications.
You can purchase the regular license of NEX Forms at $39.
13. Kali Forms
Kali Forms is another one of the most powerful WordPress form plugins that’s an easy-to-use drag & drop builder. You can create contact forms, payment forms, feedback forms, and more for your website without any hassle. You can start building the form from scratch or for quicker and more efficient, it offers built-in form templates also.
Besides, the plugin protects from spam as the spammers are always seeking the opportunity to fill your email with spam. So, it uses a combination of Google’s reCAPTCHA and a spam honeypot system. This helps to ensure you won’t need to deal with unwanted submissions.
Key Features of Kali Forms:
- To encourage form completion, divide long forms into multiple pages.
- Offers a variety of form fields to choose from while creating your forms.
- Group the fields on different pages to make the submission process easier for your users.
- Each form submission can trigger an email notification for both submitting users and administrators.
- It’s fully responsive so any form will look great on mobile, laptop, tablet, desktop devices.
Kali Forms plugin has both free and paid versions. The free version can be downloaded from WordPress.org. Whereas, the paid version offers different plans:
- Starter Plan: $29
- Freelancer Plan: $49
- Small Business Plan: $69
- Agency Plan: $89
Quform is a comprehensive WordPress plugin that lets you create multiple forms quickly and effectively while having complete control. It’ll allow you to create a complicated quote or booking form, also a simple contact form. Hence, within a few clicks, you’ll have a fully functional form.
It has been designed for easy customization. So that, it not only functions the way you want but looks exactly as you want with minimal effort. As it offers pre-built themes and templates with various animations, button styles, labels, fonts, element size, and so on. Or, build your own form design using various layouts.
Key Features of Quform:
- Allows you to add background images, icons on checkbox, or radio elements.
- Within the WordPress admin panel, you can view the form entries that have been submitted.
- Options like uploading files, sending them as attachment or saving them to the server are available.
- Spam prevention with 3 captcha options: Honeypot, image and reCAPTCHA.
- Able to send unlimited emails from a single submission.
You can easily purchase the regular license of the Quform plugin at $29.
15. Cognito Forms
Cognito Forms is another stunning plugin that allows you to build unlimited online forms easily. You can add as many fields as you want in your forms. This helps you to collect all the necessary data you want from your form. Also, the drag and drop form builder allows you to quickly arrange all the fields in a sequence you want.
Not only that, but it also helps you manage your form entries. You’ll be able to sort, filter, and organize your form entries to make your website run smoothly. In addition, you can also manage your workflow by receiving instant notifications and viewing entries from any device,
Key Features of Cognito Forms:
- With page breaks, progress markers, and conditional pages, you can get more responses to your complex surveys and extensive forms.
- Create custom autoresponder emails for your customer’s purchase or entry details so they can review it at any time.
- Allow users to resume their progress of form from where they’ve left.
- Let your users make changes to their entries even after they’ve been submitted.
- Provides secure credit and debit card payment processing via Stripe or PayPal.
Cognito Forms plugin is free to use and download from WordPress.org. But to unlock more features, it also provides a premium version. Their pricing plans are given as:
- Pro Plan: $15/month
- Team Plan: $35/month
- Enterprise Plan: $99/month
Jotform Online Forms is another form builder plugin that allows you to create custom forms for your website or blogs. It allows you to embed online forms into WordPress posts and pages. Other than that, you can receive notifications whenever any user submits your online form. This helps you to connect with them quickly.
Besides, it offers thousands of templates to build your custom forms. Also, you’re able to customize them to represent your business by adding your company’s logos. Also, change fonts, color palettes, background images, icons, and so on.
Key Features of Jotform Online Forms:
- Password-protect your forms to prevent unwanted form submissions. Only individuals who have access to the password will be able to submit a response.
- If a user forgets to fill out a form field or enters invalid data, show an error message.
- Encrypt your forms with ease to ensure that submission data is transferred and kept safely.
- Allow only one submission per IP or computer, or disable your form after a certain number of submissions or time period.
- By piping answers from earlier questions into following questions on the same form; create a personalized experience for form users.
Jotform Online Forms comes with both free and pro versions. The free version can be downloaded from the official WordPress plugins directory. Whereas, for pro version; offers pricing plans:
- Bronze Plan: $24/month
- Silver Plan: $29/month
- Gold Plan: $79/month
17. WP Fluent Forms
WP Fluent Forms is the most user-friendly, customizable drag and drop WordPress plugin that includes all the features for free. This plugin helps to create hassle-free contact forms, subscription forms, and any other type of WP forms for your website. It also provides you with reusable templates for all types of forms.
Moreover, you can send customized emails to your customers to send various updates and bring them back to your site. On top of that, you’ll have control over what to display after form submission. You can either display a success message or redirect the user to a certain URL.
Key Features of WP Fluent Forms:
- Uses Google reCAPTCHA in the form to prevent spam.
- Set a default value for form fields or use URL parameters to populate.
- Advanced data filtering allows you to view data based on status and date range.
- Using WP Fluent Form’s conditional logic, you may show and conceal entire sections or steps (in step forms) as needed.
- Break long forms into multiple pages to get more responses and leads.
WP Fluent Forms is a completely free plugin that can be downloaded from WordPress.org.
That’s all folks! We’ve arrived at the end of this article.
We’ve discussed the best WordPress form plugins to build online forms for 2021 along with their features and pricing.
Among the listed plugins, we would like to recommend you WPForms plugin as you can build all types of forms. Also, embedding at any spot of your website has never been easier. Moreover, the plugin is completely responsive so users can reach out to your form using any device.
We hope this article helped you to find the best WordPress form plugins. If you’re using any of these plugins for your website, then please share your experience below in the comment section.
If you’ve any more queries, then feel free to ask us. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Also, share this article with your friends and colleagues.