Wondering what are the best WordPress form plugins to build online forms? If so, then you’ve landed at the right place.
Adding forms is the most essential and basic thing for any type of website to connect with your visitors. Because not all visitors will go through your email or chat boxes. So, the first thing they’ll seek to communicate with your website is the forms.
Moreover, this is an easy and effective way to get your users on an email list and send them daily updates. This gives them a reason to visit your site often and increases the conversion rate.
However, we’re aware that there are tons of WordPress form plugins. Going through a variety of options is quite a hassle. Don’t worry! We’ve made it simple for you.
So, we’ve handpicked some of the best WordPress form plugins for 2022 which can be suitable for your site. Let’s dig in.
How to choose WordPress Form Plugins to Build Online Forms 2022?
WordPress form plugins are a broad category that helps you create stunning forms easily. It covers all types of online forms including contact forms, survey forms, feedback forms, newsletter forms, request forms, etc.
There’re several criteria to be considered while choosing the WordPress form plugins for your website. So, make sure your plugin includes the following things:
- Protection from spam: Ensure that the selected plugin provides you with anti-spam features such as usages of captcha or integrates with an anti-spam plugin. This helps to gain real users and protects you from spam bots and spammers.
- Customizable: The plugin should be highly customizable so that you can change the logo, color, layout, etc. of the form to represent your company’s identity. This way, your customers will have a good impression of your website.
- Responsiveness/Mobile-Friendly: Make sure that the selected plugin is responsive or mobile-friendly. So that, users can reach out to your form regardless of any devices whether it be mobile, desktop, tablet, or laptop.
- Easy data handling: Websites require different types of forms such as contact, survey, subscription, and many more. Due to this, plugins should be able to collect data from different forms quickly and manage them.
- Provides insights via analysis: Only collected data is not enough to improve your strategy. The plugins should be able to analyze it to provide you actionable insights to increase your customers.
- Embed form: Chosen plugin must allow you to insert the form anywhere on your website. Such as on the posts, pages, in the contents, footer, etc.
Other important criteria are pricing, updates, reviews & ratings, active installations, etc.
With that, let’s take a look at the list of the 17 best WordPress form plugins to build online forms for 2022.
17 Best WordPress Form Plugins to Build Online Forms 2022
Here, we’ve hand-picked some of the best WordPress form plugins that allow you to build any type of form. Go through the description and features of each plugin to determine which is best for your website.
WPForms is the most popular form builder plugin with 5+ million active installations. It’s a drag-and-drop builder that allows you to create amazing forms without hiring developers. You can build forms such as contact, feedback, subscription, payment forms, and other online forms.
Additionally, with its 400+ pre-built form templates, you can quickly start customizing the form. You can also easily customize form fields, and rearrange, add or remove them. Not only that, but it also allows you to customize with section dividers, and blocks, or by adding custom CSS. Hence, designing and styling your form with tons of filters and functionality can be completed within a few minutes.
Key Features of WPForms:
- Built-in anti-spam protection and direct integrations with hCaptcha and Google reCAPTCHA.
- Able to quickly respond to incoming requests and inquiries with instant notification systems.
- Allows you to collect files and media via forms with file uploads.
- Long forms can be split into multiple pages displaying the progress bar to improve user experience.
- Integration with Monsterinsights helps you to see the stats of your form and grow your business.
- With its front-end post submission form (which allows users to submit blog posts without logging in); collect user-submitted content in WordPress.
WPForms plugin offers a freemium model for users. It means you get both the free and premium versions.
It also offers a premium version available on its official website. The pricing plan of the pro version is given as:
- Basic Plan: $39.50/year for 1 site license, unlimited forms, users, all essential features, etc.
- Plus Plan: $99.50/year for 3 sites license, marketing integration, and everything from the Basic plan.
- Pro Plan: $199.50/year for 5 sites license with payment gateway integrations, conversion tools, and everything from the Plus plan.
- Elite Plan: $299.50/year for unlimited site license, site management, and everything from the Pro plan.
Gravity Forms is yet another powerful solution for creating custom web forms that help to connect with your users. You can quickly design and build your WordPress forms using its intuitive form editor.
Furthermore, it gives you 30+ form fields and also allows you to configure your fields, set your preferences, and add forms to your website. Also, you can show or hide fields, sections, pages, or buttons based on the user’s selection.
Key Features of Gravity Forms:
- Import and export features allow you to create new forms or backup existing files.
- Lets users save their form entries and continue at any point to increase engagement and form completion.
- Break lengthy forms into multiple pages with less scrolling and more submitting to make them approachable.
- Manages transactions directly from your WordPress forms as it integrates with Stripe, Square, Mollie, and many more.
- Able to create forms within forms for improved engagement using Nested Forms by Gravity Wiz.
Gravity Forms plugin is a premium plugin available on its official website. It comes in 3 pricing plans:
- Basic Plan: $59/year for a single site with standard support.
- Pro Plan: $159/year for 3 sites including Stripe Add-on, Dropbox Add-on, and more.
- Elite Plan: $259/year for unlimited sites, priority support, user registration addon, etc.
3. WS Form
WS Form is one of the popular WordPress form builder plugins that simplifies the process of building a form. It’s perfect for both developers and complete beginners. Also, this form adopts the styles and fonts from your WordPress theme, so you don’t need to work on CSS.
Furthermore, this plugin is jam-packed with features to create an amazing form. For instance, you’ll have 100+ form templates including contest entry, request appointments, order forms, etc. It also offers 55+ field types like checkbox, email, icons, phone, password, and so on.
Key Features of WS Forms:
- This plugin offers 100+ templates to build any type of form.
- You can create repeatable sections that can contain any number of fields, calculator, eCommerce functionality, etc.
- Debug console feature allows you to populate complex forms and submit them in one click.
- Allows creating calculated fields that handle everything from simple addition to more complex trigonometric functions.
- It integrates well with 60+ other plugins like Akismet, Beaver Builder, Elementor, Mailchimp, etc.
WS Form is available on both free and paid plans. You can find the free version on the official WordPress.org plugin directory. The paid options are available on its official website.
- Personal: $59 per year with a single site license, standard support, plugin updates, 100+ templates, etc.
- Freelance: $149 per year with 5 sites license, freelance support, and everything in the Personal plan.
- Agency: $249 per year with unlimited site access, agency support, and everything in the Freelance plan.
If you’re looking for a single plugin that helps you create any type of form for WordPress then, Tripetto is the one. Using this plugin you can create forms like contact forms, survey forms, etc. You can also choose how to add forms and surveys for collecting data. For example, you can choose to share the form as a sharable URL, embed it on your page using shortcodes, etc.
Additionally, this plugin supports WordPress user roles. It uses the six pre-defined roles offered by WordPress namely super admin, administrator, editor, author, contributor, and subscriber. So, that you can assign data access and capabilities to particular roles.
Key Features of Tripetto:
- Smart Zoom feature that allows you quickly go into and out of any area on the storyboard.
- You can create engaging, interactive, and conversational forms.
- It also comes with a calculator for creating tests, quizzes, quotes, etc.
- Able to pick from layouts like Autoscroll Face, Chat Face, and Classic Face for a unique experience.
- Also, this plugin can send notifications to Slack or email about new form completions.
Tripetto is also a freemium plugin. You can get the free option on WordPress.org.
You can get this plugin from its official website with 3 pricing plans. Also, all the pricing plan includes a 14-day money-back guarantee.
- Single Site Tripetto Pro: $99 per year, it includes unlimited form building, all action blocks, Tripetto unbranding, etc.
- 5 Sites Tripetto Pro: $349 per year, includes email notifications, activity tracking, and more.
- Unlimited Tripetto Pro: $799 per year, includes WordPress role management, priority support,m updates, and more.
5. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is another awesome plugin that provides you with all the features required to build different types of forms. It helps you to create gorgeous and user-friendly forms without a professional developer.
Besides, it allows users to upload files and make any form an upload form. You can also send or export the submissions in the form of PDF, Excel files, or even Google Sheets.
Key Features of Ninja Forms:
- Allows you to create unlimited forms with unlimited form submissions.
- Able to customize email notifications from any form.
- Easily grow your email list by integrating with marketing email marketing plugins like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, etc.
- Protects from spammers and spam bots by using the Akismet plugin and Google reCaptcha.
- Offers pre-built templates with 27+ fields that can be included in the form.
- It integrates well with PayPal, Stripe, etc.
Ninja Forms plugin comes with both free and paid versions. You can download its free version from WordPress.org’s official plugin repository.
Whereas, its premium version is available on its official website with 4 pricing plans:
- Personal Plan: $49/year for a single site, includes premium support, 4 addons, and 10% off on additional addons.
- Professional Plan: $99/year for 3 sites, includes 10 addons, and 20% off on additional addons.
- Agency Plan: $299/year for unlimited sites, including all addons and premium support.
6. Fluent Forms
WP Fluent Forms is the most user-friendly, customizable drag-and-drop WordPress plugin. This plugin helps to create hassle-free contact forms, subscription forms, and any other type of WP forms for your website. It also provides you with reusable templates for all types of forms.
Moreover, you can send customized emails to your customers to send various updates and bring them back to your site. On top of that, you’ll have control over what to display after form submission. You can either display a success message or redirect the user to a certain URL.
Key Features of WP Fluent Forms:
- Uses Google reCAPTCHA in the form to prevent spam.
- Set a default value for form fields or use URL parameters to populate.
- Advanced data filtering allows you to view data based on status and date range.
- Using WP Fluent Form’s conditional logic, you may show and conceal entire sections or steps (in step forms) as needed.
- Break long forms into multiple pages to get more responses and leads.
WP Fluent Forms is a completely free plugin that can be downloaded from the official plugin directory of WordPress.org.
You can also get the premium version from its official website in 2 pricing plans Annual and Lifetime.
The Annual plan comes with 3 tiers
- Single Site License: $59 with 1 domain license.
- Agency License: $129 with 5 domain licenses.
- Unlimited license: $199 with unlimited domain license.
The Lifetime plan also has 3 tiers:
- Single Site License: $299 with 1 domain license.
- Agency License: $499 with 5 domain licenses.
- Unlimited license: $899 with unlimited domain license.
Formidable Form Builder is an extendable online form builder plugin that gives you tools to save time and create complex forms. You can create a smart form with conditional logic, a multi-page form, file upload form, quiz, or email subscription form. Also, repeater fields, payments integrations, and cascading dropdown fields all can be stacked.
Moreover, it helps in the entity management of users, you can display, edit, and delete form entries with ease. Also, allow users that are logged in to control their personal journal entries, guest blog posts, and other features.
Key Features of Formidable Form Builder:
- Email notifications, SMS messages, and webhooks can all be scheduled to send at a later time.
- Fill fields with values from the user’s profile or posts automatically (i.e. custom fields). Fill in known values like a user’s name and email address once they’ve checked in.
- Instant and powerful anti-spam features from Honeypot, Google reCAPTCHA, and Akismet.
- Able to open and close event registration and sign-up forms on a specific date.
- Create personalized email messages for multiple recipients and send information from an email.
- It also allows you to format, filter, and display form submissions to have better solutions.
Formidable Form Builder plugin has both free and premium versions. You can download its free version from the WordPress.org official plugin directory.
Whereas, the premium version is available in 4 pricing plans on its official website.
- Basic Plan: $39.50/year with 50+ form templates, file uploads, conditional logic, and more.
- Plus Plan: $89.55/year with 90+ forms, formidable views, user tracking, and so on.
- Business Plan: $179.55/year with 150+ forms, calculators, user registration, etc.
- Elite Plan: $239.60/year with 170+ forms, form action automation, white labeling, etc.
Quform is a comprehensive WordPress plugin that lets you create multiple forms quickly and effectively while having complete control. It’ll allow you to create a complicated quote or booking form, also a simple contact form. Hence, within a few clicks, you’ll have a fully functional form.
Moreover, it has been designed for easy customization. So that, it not only functions the way you want but looks exactly as you want with minimal effort. As it offers pre-built themes and templates with various animations, button styles, labels, fonts, element sizes, and so on. Or, build your own form design using various layouts.
Key Features of Quform:
- Allows you to add background images, icons on the checkbox, or radio elements.
- Within the WordPress admin panel, you can view the form entries that have been submitted.
- Options like uploading files, sending them as attachments, or saving them to the server are available.
- Spam prevention with 3 captcha options, Honeypot, image, and reCAPTCHA.
- Able to send unlimited emails from a single submission.
You can easily purchase this plugin from CodeCanyon.net at $29 with 6 months of support. If you want to extend the support to 12 months, then it costs an extra $9.
ARForms is a sophisticated plugin that allows you to create a variety of forms. You can create attractive forms with high customization that gives your brand a new look. Also, you’ll be able to crop and rotate the images before inserting them into your forms.
Moreover, its enhanced conditional logic feature lets you set conditions of form fields. So, you can show/hide, enable/disable, or pre-populate a specified value dependent on the input value of other fields. Therefore, you won’t need technical knowledge to create any complex forms.
Key Features of ARForms:
- Powerful analytics monitors your forms and analyzes data using visually appealing graphs and charts.
- Stores user’s progress automatically and populates prefilled data when users return to form.
- Allows users to view or confirm their filled data before submitting a form and also modifying it.
- It gives specific features of each form like matrix field for survey form, spinner field for an order form, etc.
- The Anti-spam feature supports reCAPTCHA and custom captcha.
- Also, prevents duplicate entries and duplicate forms, saving your time.
It’s the premium plugin, you can purchase the regular license from CodeCanyon.net at $39. You can also extend the license to 12 months with an additional $12.75.
Forminator is the easy-to-use WordPress form builder plugin. It gives you the simplest way to make any type of interactive form to increase conversion and also collects data. Also, it’s most suitable for forms with custom fields, quizzes, calculations, and also payment forms.
Other than that, it comes with a bunch of drag-and-drop blocks that make easy arrangements of fields. Such as name, email file upload, text, date, time radio, boxes, hidden fields, and so on.
Key Features of Forminator:
- With email routing, auto-response, and conditions, you can use query strings to pre-fill visitors’ information.
- Collects and organizes submissions so you can sort, analyze, and manage answers.
- With Google reCAPTCHA, you can avoid a barrage of form spam in your mailbox.
- Allows users to upload multiple files. Also, you can set the limit on the number of files, specific files that can be uploaded, or even the size of each file.
- The “Date picker limits” feature allows you to limit the available dates that appear on the date field calendar of your form.
Forminator plugin is free to use, and available from the official plugin directory of WordPress.org.
However, it’s also available in the premium version on its official website for $7.5 per month. You can also go for the 7 days free trial before purchasing the plugin.
11. Everest Forms
Everest Forms is one of the free WordPress form plugins that lets you create an unlimited number of online forms. Since it offers pre-built templates, you won’t need to build from scratch, and also creating a form becomes quicker. Also, gives you the freedom to add, delete, and rearrange fields while building forms.
Besides, it helps you manage form entries. The submitted forms will be listed in entries. Additionally, you can quickly manage all of your form entries directly from your WordPress dashboard such as view, edit, remove, and restore. Also, export the form entries list as a file.
Key Features of Everest Forms:
- Along with form submissions, collect geolocation data from your users.
- To make data analysis easier, send form submissions to Google Sheets.
- Prevent spam form submission by adding custom questions and a math captcha.
- Limit form submission entries, establish form submission dates, restrict forms to non-logged-in users, and protect form submission with a password.
- With the AJAX form submission feature, users may instantly submit forms without having to reload the page.
This is a freemium plugin, where you can get the free version from wordPress.org official plugin store.
You can also upgrade to the premium version to unlock more features. It comes in 2 pricing plans Yearly and Lifetime.
The Yearly plan has 4 tiers:
- Personal Plan: $69/year including unlimited forms, 26+ forms fields type, email notification, etc.
- Plus Plan: $149/year including PayPal standard, geolocation, user registration, and so on.
- Professional Plan: $199/year including unlimited entries and forms, E-signature, form templates, and more.
- Agency Plan: $299/year including style customizer, MailChimp, file upload, and more.
The Lifetime plan also has 4 tiers:
- Personal Plan: $299 for a lifetime including unlimited forms, 26+ form fields type, email notification, etc.
- Plus Plan: $499 for a lifetime including PayPal standard, geolocation, user registration, and so on.
- Professional Plan: $799 for a lifetime including unlimited entries and forms, E-signature, form templates, and more.
- Agency Plan: $999 for a lifetime including style customizer, MailChimp, file upload, and more.
12. Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is the most favored form plugin that is free and provides everything you need to build a form. Being one of the oldest plugins, there are a number of websites that have been using this plugin. Using this plugin, you can create different types of forms easily.
Additionally, it also allows you to customize your forms using simple markup, shortcodes, or custom CSS. In addition, it helps you to manage information and contacts of users that are obtained from multiple forms.
Key Features of Contact Form 7:
- Able to customize messages such as thank you or error messages after users have submitted the form.
- Uses CAPTCHA and Akismet spam filtering to protect from spam.
- Allows you to add or remove any fields in the form, and also edit the label text of your fields.
- Embed your forms anywhere on your website (pages, posts, contents, etc).
- Users can upload files and attachments while submitting a form.
Contact Form 7 plugin is completely free to use and can be downloaded from the official WordPress.org plugin directory.
Form Maker by 10Web is a modern and intuitive plugin for creating online forms. Its elegant drag & drop interface allows you to create unique perfect-looking responsive forms. The plugin comes with a wide range of options and features that can be customized to meet your specific needs.
It allows you to create custom forms and is ideal for any kind of online form. Each type of form will have its own set of options and display settings. Under those options, you can choose a theme for each form, modify email settings and configure conditional logic after submission.
Key Features of Form Maker by 10Web:
- Able to receive real-time notifications of new user submissions.
- All of your entries can be tracked and exported and also set automatic email responses.
- Forms can be embedded in blog posts or shown as popups, top bars, or scroll boxes.
- Allow your users to save partial entries so they can finish them later.
- Send customized email notifications to recipients based on the forms they’ve filled out.
- Also, users can submit guest posts by submitting a form.
Form Maker by 10Web is a free plugin that can be downloaded from the official plugin directory of WordPress.org.
It also offers a premium version on its official website. It’s available in 3 pricing plans.
- Basic Plan: $30 with the single site license. It includes 6 months of access to updates, unlimited fields in a form, 40+ field types, etc.
- Pro Plan: $60 with 5 sites license, including multi-page form, file upload field, and more.
- Bundle Plan: $100 with 30 website licenses, including Google maps API integration, export/import, calculator, and so on.
weForms is much more than just a contact form builder as it can create any form within minutes. With its incredibly powerful feature, simply drag and drop the fields you want to add to your form. And, instantly get a live preview of the form you’ve just built. Also, use a variety of forms in each area of the website, going beyond creating just a contact form.
Besides, you can publish your forms by adding them to the Gutenberg editor. So, select from the drop-down present in the weForms block for Gutenberg to publish a form on a page. And an entire form renders automatically within the editor and on the page. Hence, easy embedding forms.
Key Features of weForms:
- With its unique and customizable form templates, save an ample amount of time.
- Able to set a form expiration date for the form to become invalid on a specific date or time.
- Redirect any submitted form to your website to increase traffic and lead generation.
- Manage form submissions to collect data without having to worry about backend coding.
- Get full mail support, including customizable emails and HTML email templates.
- Integration with Slack allows you to receive notifications in your Slack channel when a user submits a form.
weForms plugin has both free and paid versions. Its free version can be downloaded from the official WordPress plugins directory.
However, for the paid version, it offers different plans on its official website.
- Personal Plan: $49/year including unlimited forms, drag and drop builder, email submission data, etc.
- Professional Plan: $49/year including 9 premium modules, premium ticket support, calculation, quiz, Google analytics, and so on.
- Business Plan: $79/year for 10 sites with 22 premium modules, PDF form submission, SMS notification, etc.
- Developer Plan: $249/year for unlimited sites with VIP ticket support, 22 premium modules, Zapier integration, AWeber integration, SalesForce, and more.
Typeform is another versatile plugin that allows you to create forms, surveys, and quizzes so users enjoy answering and filling. You can build forms with a one-question-at-a-time interface to make it feel more like a conversation.
Hence, communicating with users in an interactive way results in better responses from visitors. Also, it helps to increase lead generation, expand your contact list, gather feedback, and much more.
Key Features of Typeform:
- Embed your forms seamlessly at any spot on your website.
- Typeform is a 100% responsive plugin so the appearance of the form can be adjusted perfectly on any device.
- Show your audiences outcomes that are personalized based on their responses.
- Move your data easily to the tools you want with its 30+ integrations (Slack, HubSpot, Mailchimp, etc).
- User’s activities such as visits, responses, completion rate, and average completion time are all displayed on a dashboard.
- Moreover, you can customize the font, color scheme, background, and images on your form to match your brand.
Typeform plugin is free to use and can be downloaded from WordPress.org.
You can also get a premium version for more features, you can choose from its 2 pricing plans Monthly and Yearly:
The Monthly plan has 3 tiers:
- Basic Plan: $29/month for a single user, including unlimited type forms, questions, etc.
- Plus Plan: $59/month for 3 users, including custom subdomain and everything from the basic plan.
- Business Plan: $99/month for 5 users including 10,000 responses per month, and everything in the plus plan.
The Yearly plan also has 3 tiers:
- Basic Plan: $25/month for a single user, including unlimited type forms, questions, etc.
- Plus Plan: $50/month for 3 users, including custom subdomain and everything from the basic plan.
- Business Plan: $83/month for 5 users including 10,000 responses per month, and everything in the plus plan.
16. NEX Forms
NEX Forms is a complete online form-building solution with dozens of built-in capabilities and add-ons. You can create incredible forms with tons of styling options as form fields can be styled completely or specifically.
Additionally, this plugin keeps the track of form views, interactions, and submissions. This provides form analytics on when a user views the form, starts form interaction, and completes form submission. Hence, those collected data can be seen in your dashboard using various graphs and charts.
Key Features of NEX Forms:
- Based on the user’s selection or input, perform actions on fields such as hiding and showing them.
- With the built-in anti-spam protection, there’s no need for a captcha or reCAPTCHA.
- Large forms can be broken down into manageable steps for your users to finish quickly.
- Any form can be popped up by buttons, links, custom elements, page scroll, or a timer.
- From form submissions, send customized user confirmation emails and admin email notifications.
- Integrates well with 1200+ Google fonts along with 1500+ built-in font awesome icons into your form and form fields.
You can purchase the regular license at CodeCanyon.net for $39. Also, you can extend the support to 12 months with an extra $12.75.
17. Kali Forms
Kali Forms is another one of the most powerful WordPress form plugins that’s an easy-to-use drag & drop builder. You can create contact forms, payment forms, feedback forms, and more for your website without any hassle. You can start building the form from scratch or for quicker and more efficiency, it offers built-in form templates also.
Besides, the plugin protects from spam, as the spammers are always seeking the opportunity to fill your email with spam. So, it uses a combination of Google’s reCAPTCHA and a spam honeypot system. This helps to ensure you won’t need to deal with unwanted submissions.
Key Features of Kali Forms:
- To encourage form completion, divide long forms into multiple pages.
- It offers a variety of form fields to choose from while creating your forms.
- Group the fields on different pages to make the submission process easier for your users.
- Each form submission can trigger an email notification for both submitting users and administrators.
- It’s fully responsive so any form will look great on mobile, laptop, tablet, and desktop devices.
Kali Forms plugin has both free and paid versions. The free version can be downloaded from WordPress.org’s official plugin directory.
Whereas, the paid version is available on its official website. It’s available in 4 pricing plans:
- Starter Plan: $29 for a single site including 1-year of support, advanced fields, conditional logic, etc.
- Freelancer Plan: $49 for 3 sites, including multi-page forms, submission handling, form notification, and more.
- Small Business Plan: $69 for 15 sites, including Akismet integration, form templates, and so on.
- Agency Plan: $89 for unlimited sites, including user registration, digital signature, Google sheets, and more.
That’s all folks! We’ve arrived at the end of this article.
We’ve discussed the best WordPress form plugins to build online forms for 2022 along with their features and pricing.
Among the listed plugins, we would like to recommend you WPForms plugin as you can build all types of forms. Also, embedding at any spot of your website has never been easier. Moreover, the plugin is completely responsive so users can reach out to your form using any device.
We hope this article helped you to find the best WordPress form plugins. If you’re using any of these plugins for your website, then please share your experience below in the comment section.
If you’ve any more queries, then feel free to ask us. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Also, share this article with your friends and colleagues.