Are you looking for the best WordPress contact form plugins for your website? Do you want to build a contact form to allow your visitors easily to contact you? Then, you’re in the right place.
Contact forms are an easy way for you and your website visitors to interact. They make it straightforward, easy, and time-efficient. They’re so popular that your users will first look for a contact form while trying to contact you.
Sure, emails and chat boxes might help but not all people have the time to sit and chat with you or email you. That’s where contact forms come in.
The WordPress contact form plugins help you easily create beautiful contact forms on your site, without any coding required.
Among several options available out there, we’ve handpicked the best contact form plugins for WordPress here. Let’s explore.
Why Do You Need a Contact Form on Your Site?
While you might’ve seen almost every website having a contact form for their visitors. But have you really thought about why they have them?
They could’ve just put out their email, right? Well, let us explain why you need a contact form on your website.
- Firstly, you want to be reachable by everyone who visits your website. That’s the main reason why you’d want a contact form.
- Second of all, it’s also much more secure to use a contact form plugin than using email to interact with your visitors.
When you give out your email on your website, you’re exposing yourself to spambots that hunt emails on the internet. It could also expose your personal data.
You should also add a contact form to make it easier for your visitors to get help. Your visitor’s requests can also be solved with ease.
And plugins are the most efficient and best ways to accomplish all of these. Now, let’s see what are the 11 best contact form plugins for WordPress.
11 Best Contact Form Plugins for WordPress
The best contact form plugin you can have on your website is WPForms. That’s because it’s extremely easy to use and has lots of features.
It’s also very beginner-friendly as everything is drag-and-drop which makes it even easier to create a contact form. Also, you can use pre-built form templates to save time.
They also offer a variety of add-ons like letting visitors submit their reviews and upload content on your website. You also have geolocation in-built so you know from where your visitors are trying to contact you.
This awesome plugin comes free of cost with basic features. The paid plan starts from $39.50 per year which is also quite fair for such a great plugin.
To sum it up, let’s look at some pros and cons of WPForms.
- Beginner-friendly – WPForms is extremely beginner-friendly as it has a drag-and-drop feature along with an easy-to-navigate theme.
- Useful features – It has useful features such as spam protection and email notifications.
- Responsive – The forms are responsive, meaning that the layout changes as the screen changes. It’s well-optimized for all kinds of devices making it easy for your visitors to contact you from any device.
- Pay to unlock – You need to pay money to get more advanced features. In short, you need to pay in order to use the plugin to its best.
- No advanced features – It doesn’t have a lot of advanced features that other contact form plugins have. Even with the paid version, there’s only so much that you can do.
Price: Free or $39.50/year for the Basic plan.
Gravity Forms is one of the most popular WordPress plugins for creating contact forms, application forms, donation forms, etc. It’s a premium plugin with advanced features.
This makes it on our list for a couple of reasons. One of them is because of the multi-page form feature. Multi-page forms help your visitors fill out their forms in detail and lets them know how much filling up is left.
They also have a feature that only accepts the first “x” number of forms that you want to be accepted. This is useful if you’re running a contest. This is a feature that stands out from the other plugins on this list.
You can get free add-ons from the WordPress plugins directory. But, the premium add-ons are also really good. They have dropbox, Slack, PayPal, and many other integrations available for premium add-ons.
Let’s see the pros and cons of Gravity Forms.
- Easy to use – It’s very easy to use. It features a drag and drop system which makes it very easy for beginners to make a contact form.
- Useful add-ons – You can create quizzes, surveys, and web directories with the add-ons this plugin provides.
- Support options – Gravity Forms has a wide variety of support options ranging from FAQs to email support.
- Pricing – Its price is on the higher end of the spectrum. $59 per year for the Basic plan might be a little too much for websites that are just starting out.
- Lack of free version or trial – While the pricing is definitely a bit high, it doesn’t have a free version or a trial version where you can try out what you want.
Price: $59/year for Basic License plan.
Another freemium plugin on our list is Formidable Forms. This is one of the most advanced WordPress contact form plugins available on the internet. Being advanced, it’s not beginner-friendly like others.
However, it does have a drag and drop feature like most plugins to make your contact form creation faster. The interface is also relatively easier to navigate despite being an advanced form builder.
If you’re a business owner, Formidable Forms is a great choice with its wide range of features, add-ons, and customizations. A good feature is “Form Actions”. You can add people’s names to your mailing list and mail all of them at once.
Let’s look at its pros and cons.
- Advanced features – It has a unique feature called “Formidable Views” through which you can collect data from your visitors, edit, or display it without any external plugin.
- Good integration – Formidable Forms has a lot of integration options like email marketing services, payment systems, and WooCommerce.
- Not beginner-friendly – It has a lot of advanced features that may overwhelm you if you’re a new WordPress user. This plugin is only recommended to beginners if you want to create a website having form-based solutions.
- Pricing – It’s a free plugin but has a trial version as well. Even the basic plan costs $99.38 per year, which is not very pleasing if you’re new to this.
Price: Free or $99.30/year for Basic plan.
4. Ninja Forms
Ninja Forms is yet another highly popular and best contact form plugins for WordPress. It has both the free and premium version. Great news is that many of its useful features are available in the free version, that’s why it’s the number 4 on our list.
Ninja Forms also has a drag and drop structure for creating contact forms, much like other builders. It’s also beginner-friendly with features like a date picker, which allows you to add an option to add dates into your forms.
A useful add-on available is the campaign monitor. Campaign monitor will basically provide you an email marketing platform which is extremely easy to use.
Let’s look at the pros and cons.
- Free – Ninja Forms is basically free of cost for the basic version. It’s available in the official WordPress repository.
- Useful extensions – They provide you a lot of premium extensions that are very useful in the long term for your websites.
- Pricing – While Ninja Forms is free for the basic version, the cheapest paid version costs $49.50 per year which might be a little high for starters.
- Limited core features – The basic plugin doesn’t have a lot of features that would scale well in the long run. You need to buy more.
Price: Free or $49.50/year for the Personal plan.
Everest Forms is a relatively easy-to-use contact form plugin with various customizations. It’s also very beginner-friendly as the plugin is very easy to navigate.
They also let you use drag and drop for the creation of contact forms. The main feature is that you can also create versatile forms and modify them with ease.
Everest Forms also allows you to add custom CSS to your forms. This is useful if you want something different than regular styles.
With that, let’s take a look at its pros and cons.
- Easy to use – Everest Forms is one of the easiest to use forms while being rich in customizations and features. Moreover, it’s also easier to navigate.
- Feature-rich UI – This plugin has many features included in its user interface. You can simply drag and drop those into your contact forms as per your liking.
- Spam prevention – Everest Forms includes Google reCAPTCHA which helps in preventing spam submissions on your website. This is a very useful solution for spams.
- Needs upgrades – You need to upgrade to the premium version to add extra useful features.
Price: Free or $49/year for the Personal plan.
Contact Form 7 is the most downloaded and the most popular free contact form plugin available on the official WordPress plugin directory. It’s used on 5+ million WordPress sites. Not just that, it’s probably the first and oldest contact form plugin.
The main feature is that you can customize form fields with ease. You can use simple markup to alter mail content, insert forms using shortcodes, and such. This plugin also supports Akismet spam filtering and Ajax-powered submitting.
Being the oldest contact form plugins, it’s still one of the best WordPress contact form plugins you can use. Let’s look at its pros and cons.
- Free – Nothing can beat a free plugin with many features. And Contact Form 7 has just that. Also, there is no paid version so this one includes everything.
- Easy addition of third-party add-ons – Contact Form 7 allows you to add third-party add-ons relatively easily with a couple of clicks. Most of them are free.
- Limited support – The support options for Contact Form 7 are very limited. You can only have a WordPress support forum and documentation.
- Inferior to other plugins and difficult to use – Inferior to many other free plugins like WPForms because of how low it offers for being free.
Also, beginners might find the interface hard to navigate.
One of the fastest and easiest WordPress plugins to use on the internet is weForms. It’s also easy to install and use due to its user friendly interface.
However, it has only a single-page submission form type and you can’t change that. On the flip side, it’s very responsive to all devices and has anti-spam reCAPTCHA integrated to avoid spam submissions.
Moreover, weForms has very good customizations for free users; it even lets you add custom CSS to your form. Aside from that, the free version has a lot of features like spam protection, entry restrictions, slack integrations, and so on.
Let’s take a look at its pros and cons.
- Free – weForms basic version is totally free. There are paid plans but they’re super cheap as compared to other contact forms on this list.
- Excellent support – weForms have been reviewed by users as having excellent support personnel. They have WordPress support run by experienced volunteers.
- HTML form – While weForms might be very good, it’s an HTML form. This means that if you’re not very experienced with HTML (HyperText Markup Language), you could mess up codes on your contact form.
Price: Free or $39/year for the Personal plan.
8. Kali Forms
Kali Forms is very easy to use contact form maker plugin. While having a wide range of customizations and features, it offers a simple and user-friendly interface.
If you’re a beginner, we recommend you to use the basic version as it covers almost everything related to creating a simple contact form. It’s also easy to install as it’s available in the WordPress repository.
Kali Forms also has some great features such as predesigned templates, conditional logic, and multi-page forms that you can get in the paid versions.
Now, let’s look at some pros and cons of Kali Forms.
- Simple and easy – Kali Forms is one of the simplest and easiest contact forms to use. They have a very minimalistic interface and it’s easy to navigate to objects as well.
- Cheap prices – Although Kali Forms is a free plugin, it has paid plans as well. The starting plan comes very cheaply and is well worth your money. The price is just $29 per year.
- Lacking advanced features – It lacks advanced features like geolocation, anti-spam, and so on. That makes it a plugin desired by only starters.
Price: Free or $29/year for the Starter plan.
This plugin is easily one of the best free plugins on the internet. That’s because it doesn’t have any paid plans.
Well, you do need to pay to add some cool add-ons but aside from that, it’s free. Even the free version includes a multi-page form, conditional logic, and some fancy fields.
Like most plugins, you can add some premium add-ons like geolocation, form styles, Google Analytics tracking, and so on.
Now, let’s look at some pros and cons of Caldera Forms.
- Free – Caldera Forms is absolutely free except for premium add-ons. The basic version add-ons will be enough for a long time if you’re just starting.
- Plenty of paid add-ons – You can always upgrade to the premium add-ons if you feel like you need them. Since all add-ons need to be bought separately, they have varying prices as well.
- Many features for a free plugin – Caldera Forms has a lot of features in its basic plan. It includes multi-page forms, conditional logic, and many fancy fields.
- Expensive premium add-ons – Add-ons are very expensive, the cheapest one starts at $49.50 per year.
- Not user friendly – It’s very difficult to navigate through the plugin if you’re new to it.
Price: Free or $49.50/year for the Toolbelt plan.
Yet another free plugin on our list is Visual Form Builder. It’s free at the beginning only though. But rest assured, it’s pretty decent being a free contact form builder.
It’s much more straightforward than other plugins because of how little you have to do in order to create one. The minimalist interface design also helps make navigating easier.
And it has a lot of useful features like form duplication, user redirection, store submissions, and export submissions.
Let’s see what are its pros and cons.
- Easy to use – You can make a contact form and customize it in no time due to how easy it is to use. If you want to get it done without a lot of hassle, this is the one for you.
- Enriched in features – It has an anti-spam system, confirmation email receipt, form duplication, and it even allows you to use your own code to create a form.
- Pricing – The cheapest paid version comes at $29. It’s a one-time fee. But, you need to purchase premium add-ons separately, some of which can be quite expensive.
Price: Free or $29 one-time fee for the VFB Pro plan.
The last plugin on this list is also a free plugin. HappyForms is absolutely free for the basic version. Of course, it has several paid versions as well.
Like most form builders, HappyForms is very simple and easy to navigate. This makes it a top contender for beginners to contact forms.
It also has some interesting features in the basic version. It’s very responsive, has multiple-form addition, has form duplication, and over 50 styles you can build in.
With that, let’s see what are its pros and cons.
- Beginner-friendly – HappyForms is very easy to use and easy to navigate. It also has multiple features just for the basic plan. That’s another plus for beginners.
- Feature-rich – You’ll need to spend some money to get additional features but they’re worth your money. The cheapest plan at $49 per year has 20 extra premium features that you can use on your contact forms.
- No multi-page form – It doesn’t have a multi-page form feature. Multi-page forms save your visitor’s time by only focusing on important data. It also lets your visitor know how much filling is left.
- Lack of integrations – It has very little integration with other advanced services like Google Analytics. You need to upgrade to the business plan to get extra integrations.
Price: Free or $49/year for the Starter plan.
And that concludes our list of contact form plugins. Are you still confused about which one you should be using? Let’s briefly analyze everything and choose something for you.
How to Choose the Best Contact Form Plugin for Your WordPress Site?
All the plugins mentioned above are top-tier plugins in their own regard. None of them are unusable. While it comes down to your preference while selecting a plugin, there are other factors you should consider as well.
Hear us out. If you’re just starting out by creating a website and want to add a contact form, go with WPForms. It’s very beginner-friendly, easy to use, and free for the basic version as well. Everest Forms is a good alternative to WPForms.
If you already have a website and you own a business or your website revolves around content, go with WPForms Pro. It’ll be the best value for someone as experienced as you because you can make the most out of it.
And, if you’re a developer or a tech-savvy person who has a website, we recommend Formidable Forms or Gravity Forms. It has a lot of customizations that you can make from your side and any paid version within your budget will be very useful, even in the long run.
Also, if you’re wondering what’s the best contact form plugin since this list was written in order, it’s WPForms.
That’s all we can recommend to you. Of course, it depends on your type of website and your budget but those are what you should keep in mind too.
FAQs on ‘WordPress Contact Forms’
1. Can I create complex contact forms using simple builders?
2. Is there a plugin where I can code myself and make a contact form?
3. Can I get customer support on all these plugins?
This article was all about 11 of the best contact form plugins for WordPress websites. We compared every single one of them and also recommended you some, in case you hadn’t made up your mind.
We hope you had as much fun as we did throughout the course of this article. It would excite us to hear your thoughts on this article so feel free to comment on any queries or suggestions below.