Are you looking for the best LMS plugin for WordPress? If yes, then you’ve landed precisely on the right page!
Adding an LMS plugin allows you to easily create, host, and manage online courses and training sessions. It comes with tools that provide intriguing features for building LMS websites, like Udemy.
Fortunately, there are plenty of LMS plugins for WordPress. However, picking one of them is quite a chore. So, here we present you with the best-handpicked LMS plugins for WordPress just for you.
So, stick with us till the end!
What is LMS Plugin?
Short for Learning Management System, LMS is basically an eLearning practice. It’s a class setting without having the students attend physical classrooms. You can manage your online courses, create classes, enroll students, conduct quizzes, track reports, accept payments, etc.
With that being said, the LMS plugin is a tool that instantly turns your WordPress website into a functional online educational platform. It offers a simple method for creating and delivering courses that are interesting to your audience. You can cover a wide range of topics or dedicate to just a single.
Additionally, you can also start selling your video courses, learning materials, etc., from your LMS website. Along with that, you can also offer your content to companies who need training materials.
Note: There’s a distinction between an LMS plugin and a membership plugin as most of the users might get confused. Membership plugins concentrate on securing and controlling access to your content. In contrast to that, LMS plugins offer the means to generate such content in the first place.
What to Look for in LMS Plugins for WordPress?
There are several LMS plugins for WordPress, however, not all of them provide the precise capabilities your LMS site needs.
So, the following are some factors to consider while you browse the list of LMS plugins for WordPress:
- Course Building Tool: The selected plugin should let you build interactive courses for your site. It’s crucial to be able to upload a variety of files like PDFs, photos, videos, etc.
- Student Management: Enables you to enroll students, track the number of students & their progress, and manage registrations, memberships, payments, etc.
- Content Dripping: Check whether the plugin can restrict some courses and release them at a set time period by using content drip functionality.
- Interactive Features: Make sure that the plugin offers interactive features and courses like short quizzes, tests, Q & A, assignments, etc to evaluate your student’s progress.
- Payment: The chosen plugin should offer a range of payment gateways to provide flexibility for your customers. Such as PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout, etc.
There are additional factors like offering certificates, assessments, marketing tools, latest updates, pricing, ratings & reviews, and more. For more details on selecting WordPress plugins, check our article on how to choose the best WordPress plugins.
With that being said, let’s move further to our list of the best LMS plugins for WordPress 2022.
10 Best LMS Plugins for WordPress 2022
We’ve enlisted some of the best LMS plugins for WordPress websites with detailed descriptions, features, and pricing. So, go through each plugin to pick out the suitable one for you!
LearnDash is one of the most powerful LMS plugins for WordPress that lets you create professional and engaging courses effortlessly. This plugin comes with robust and latest tools for your online classes.
Further, you can use its drag-and-drop building tool to create your own academic or training courses. Apart from typical courses, offering advanced quizzing with custom messages & question banks is also possible.
Besides, you can configure automated notifications to engage your learners. It lets you enable automatically triggered emails based on actions the learner takes regarding their course. Such as, notifying students, or notifications from students if they don’t attend the class.
Key Features of LearnDash:
- Set access to courses, lessons, and quizzes based on certain requirements, or simply drip-feed your lessons.
- Give various tasks and assignments to learners and require assignment submissions before they continue their next lessons.
- To encourage and gain more learners, give course points and awards. Also, display the learners with the best scores, badges, and certificates.
- Allows you to manage your courses and learners. Like the view, detailed reporting on performance progress, approve/comment assignments, etc.
- Integration with various payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout, etc., lets users purchase your courses easily.
- Instead of selling individual courses, you can create various memberships that allow access to multiple courses.
- 1 Site Plan: Costs $119.40 for 1 year. Includes drip-feed content, quizzes, video courses, up to 500K students, etc.
- 10 Sites Plan: Costs $239.40 for 1 year. Includes usage of up to 10 websites, free and premium add-ons, building & manage courses, etc.
- Unlimited Plan: Costs $479.40 for 1 year. Includes unlimited websites, managing courses & learners, marketing & sales features, etc.
Masteriyo LMS is the most user-friendly WordPress LMS plugin that offers solutions to create and sell online courses. It allows you to create, edit, and manage your courses with an easy drag-and-drop course builder.
Furthermore, it also lets you create different sections and add unlimited lessons without any hassle. Along with that, you can upload featured images and videos. Not to mention, it also fully supports YouTube, Vimeo, and self-hosted videos.
Most importantly, it offers a dynamic course progressive bar that helps students locate at which step of the course curriculum they are at. This gives insight into the portions of the course they have already finished and the ones they still left.
Key Features of Masteriyo LMS:
- Intuitive quiz builder is one of its striking features. It allows you to create questions with the option to set quiz types like true/false, and single/multiple choice.
- Use its unique interactive learning page where students can interact with the courses after enrollment.
- Comes with a student account page where students will get an overview of courses they have enrolled in or purchased.
- Offers a dedicated section for questions and answers on the learning page to create interaction among instructors and fellow students.
- Showcase all the courses in a beautiful and organized manner on a course archive page.
- Allows you to sell online courses in addition to creating them with the help of its inbuilt order system.
Masteriyo LMS is a freemium plugin that comes with both free and paid versions. You can download the free version from WordPress.org or its official website. Alternatively, you can install it directly from the WordPress dashboard.
Meanwhile, its premium plugin comes with 3 pricing plans:
- Starter Plan: Costs $49.75/year for 1 site license. Includes certificate builder, and adds course FAQs. while labeling, course attachments, etc.
- Growth Plan: Costs $74.75/year for 5 site licenses. Includes Stripe integration, WooCommerce integration, password strength enhancer, etc.
- Scale Plan: Costs $124.75/year for 99 site licenses. Includes download materials for lessons, Google Recaptcha, multi-instructor support, etc.
Seeking an all-in-one WordPress LMS solution? If yes, then here we present you with LifterLMS!
It’s an incredible WordPress LMS plugin that makes it easy to create and sell engaging online courses and training-based membership websites. This complete eLearning solution is affordable to start, run, and grow your business.
Further, it comes with an intuitive multi-tier drag-and-drop course builder where you can embed various content on your courses. Such as video, audio, text, and image-based lessons. Plus, you can also create dynamic quizzes to reinforce learning or test the competency of the material.
In addition, you can also set a few conditions for completing the courses. For example, learners must complete a specific lesson or course before moving to another one.
Key Features of LifterLMS:
- Allows you to easily import a LifterLMS course from one site to another for migration, licensing, and more.
- Provides multiple discussion areas unlike other plugins including lesson comments, forums, private coaching areas, timelines, and so on.
- Gives you guidance and suggestions to organize and structure the most engaging courses online.
- Helps you in generating money by creating membership payment plans like one-time payments, recurring payments, unlimited pricing models, etc.
- Increasing buying activity via coupons, affiliate promotions, partial scholarships, bulk sales, voucher systems, and more.
- Lets you restrict access to certain courses, pages, blog posts, and forums easily with membership lockdown options.
LifterLMS offers both free and premium versions. You can download its free version from the official WordPress plugins directory.
On the other hand, there are 3 pricing options in its premium version:
- Earth Bundle Plan: Costs $149/year for 1 active site. Includes industry-leading support, 1 tech support account, eCommerce add-ons, etc.
- Universe Bundle Plan: Costs $360/year for 5 active sites. Includes design add-ons, form add-ons, marketing & CRM add-ons, 2 tech support accounts, etc.
- Infinity Bundle Plan: $1200/year for unlimited active sites. Includes 3 tech support accounts, advanced quizzes & assignments, private coaching features, etc.
4. Tutor LMS
Tutor LMS is one of the comprehensive WordPress LMS plugins that makes it simple to design and sell online courses. It provides full-fledged features that hit all the checkpoints for the online course marketplace.
Moreover, you can create challenging & fun quizzes, and interactive lessons, track students’ performance, and much more. Also, it gives you control over managing, administering, and monetizing your education, online school, and courses without writing any code.
Furthermore, it provides built-in sleek designs with multiple layouts to choose from. Using it, you can create a striking course catalog and course details page. Although you’ll use its layout, it lets you set your preferred column per row, course filters, etc.
Key Features of Tutor LMS:
- Quickly organize and personalize separate dashboards for teachers & students. And, you can access & manage everything from one spot.
- Instantly schedule assignments set deadlines, and keep students up to date with your eLearning plan.
- Its advanced analytics & reports give you an overview of your overall earning stats like total earnings, current balance, and so on.
- Handy settings let you set up a “Grading Point” system where you can use different grading schemes to precisely assess learners’ performance.
- Decide how many students can sign up for a course and provide one-on-one interaction, hands-on activities, and a more focused approach.
- Define the academic year in various lengths of time by setting the expiration periods for courses.
You can download the free version of the Tutor LMS plugin from WordPress.org or from its official website.
Whereas, its premium version has 3 pricing options to offer:
- Individual Plan: Costs $99.50/year, including 1 site license, updates for 1 year, 1 free installation service, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs $199.50/year, including 10 site licenses, 2 free installation services, priority email support, etc.
- Agency Plan: Costs $399.50/year, including unlimited site license, updates for 1 year, 5 free installation services, etc.
Are you trying to find the best WordPress LMS Plugin?
LearnPress is a popular plugin that comes with a great user interface to create online courses with any options. With this plugin, making an entire curriculum layout as well as editing and maintaining it is simple. Or, you can just export/import your courses.
Furthermore, once you’ve created various courses, it won’t be a straining task to manage them. You can easily give access to learners who’ve purchased it and set their enrollment dates, schedule, assignments, student progress, etc.
Key Features of LearnPress:
- Use its drag & drop certificate builders or select the pre-designed certificate for each LMS course.
- Instead of selling a single course, create a collection of multiple LMS courses for a group of skills in one bundle.
- You can limit access to each lesson based on the progress of students or a certain time period.
- Allows you to create random quiz questions where each student will have to tackle different quizzes within the same course.
- Let your learners enable “no distraction” mode when they are taking quizzes.
- Supports various payment methods like Google Checkout, Amazon Payments, Dwolla, Braintree, WePay, and more.
The LearnPress plugin is completely free to use and can be downloaded from WordPress.org. It even includes several free add-ons to add basic features.
Moreover, it offers a premium add-ons bundle which costs $299 for 1 site license. Plus, you can separately purchase its paid add-ons if you want.
Thrive Apprentice is yet another LMS plugin that allows you to create a membership as well as an eLearning website. This plugin lets you quickly design the optimum learning path for your course. Also, using its visual editor, you can easily create text, video, or audio lessons.
Moreover, you’ll be able to immediately add resources or updated material to your lessons like links, PDFs, slides, etc. This will instantly create a stunning resource area for the benefit of the students.
Apart from that, you can partially publish your course when ready. You’ll be able to publish either any module with all the lessons or only some of the lessons. So, you can start selling as soon as the rest of the part is ready.
Key Features of Thrive Apprentice:
- Offers different designs to list your courses like grid view, masonry, or list view, and customizes every single detail.
- Allows you to show or hide any of your courses. Or, even have several course lists on one page to split your courses by difficulty, category, or more.
- Unlock content at consistent intervals for each student which is ideal for courses that are always open for purchase.
- Create a different pricing table for different users. For example, visitors and leads would see the buy now option while paying students would get a distraction-free experience.
- Able to choose from loaded impressive, professionally designed, and fully editable certificate templates.
- To confirm authenticity, use certificate validation like adding serial numbers and QR codes.
Thrive Apprentice is a premium plugin that costs $299/year. It includes installation and uses on up to 5 websites, access to Thrive University, 24/7 support, etc.
WP Courseware is the official and well-known WordPress LMS plugin that makes creating courses quick and easy. It allows you to create unlimited courses and also host, manage, and evaluate an unlimited number of students.
Not only managing the students is possible, but it also allows you to manage instructors. Such as you can permit instructors to create, edit, and manage their courses without allowing access to an extended back-end.
Moreover, you’ll be able to allow your students to register for courses from anywhere on your site. All you need to do is simply embed the self-enrollment button. Along with that, you can also enable automatic enrollment, which automatically approves the enrollment of new users.
Key Features of WP Courseware:
- With only one click, quickly duplicate courses, modules, units, quizzes, or quiz questions.
- As a lead magnet or to advertise paid courses, provide free courses. Also, offer discount codes to promote your course and increase sales.
- Learners will be able to get convenient access to course outlines, payment history, account details, etc.
- Configure and customize automated emails triggered by specific course events like completion of certain courses/modules.
- On top of that, it lets students record notes within your lessons for later review.
- To improve learning retention, randomly assign questions and/or response options on each quiz retake.
WP Courseware is a premium plugin with 3 pricing plans:
- 2-Site License Plan: Costs $129/year, including unlimited courses, unlimited students, 1 year of support, etc.
- 10-Site License Plan: Costs $149/year, including unlimited courses, unlimited students, install on 10 WordPress sites, etc.
- 25-Site License Plan: Costs $109/year, including all plugin functionality, installation on 25 WordPress sites, 30-day risk-free guarantee, etc.
MasterStudy LMS WordPress Plugin is another remarkable plugin that makes up the list of the best LMS plugins for WordPress. It’s an all-inclusive tool for any eLearning business. You can easily turn any WordPress website into a professional online platform with this plugin.
Further, it gives you control to create, develop, and scale your online courses with a simple drag-and-drop front-end course builder. You can integrate multiple lesson styles like text, video, slide, online stream, Zoom meetings, a variety of quizzes, assignments, etc.
Besides, managing your learners won’t even be a thing for you! You can control and manage every student’s activities just by assigning them to courses and reviewing their performance. It lets you add students and co-instructors to the course, tracks the course progress, etc.
Key Features of MasterStudy LMS WordPress Plugin:
- Able to communicate with students via direct messages, announcements, and email notifications.
- Create a step-by-step instructional stream that incorporates particular schedules or lesson progress to organize your e-learning content.
- Regulate your payment methods by choosing from well-known options like Paypal, Stripe, WooCommerce, or a straightforward bank transfer.
- Provide different pricing models for your customers like one-time purchases, courses, bundles, memberships, etc.
- Offers Udemy course importers so you can import any courses from Udemy and earn affiliate commission on each sale, unlike other plugins.
- Allows you to sell your courses to companies, organizations, or a group of members.
There are 3 pricing plans in its premium version;
- Single Site Plan: Costs $59/year for 1 site license which includes updates for 1 year, priority ticket support, etc.
- 5 Sites Plan: Costs $149/year for 5 sites license which includes starter theme, priority ticket support, etc.
- Unlimited Plan: Costs $299/year for an unlimited site license which includes updates for 1 year, a starter theme, priority ticket support, etc.
9. Sensei LMS
Sensei LMS is one of the flexible and easy-to-use LMS plugins for WordPress by Automattic. It comes with several customizable WordPress themes and course templates. So, you can easily build your way without any coding, designers, or developers required.
One of its most engaging features is to offer interactive blocks. You can add videos, flashcards, image hotspots, and task lists to any lessons, WordPress page, or page.
In addition, you can specify when students will be able to access the lesson content. It lets you publish the content at a fixed interval after the date they start the course. Or, you can publish them on a specific date as well.
Key Features of Sensei LMS:
- Create stunning PDF certificates that students can download automatically after finishing a course.
- Convert the existing blog posts into course lessons with only a few clicks using the post to the course creator.
- Get detailed reports and stats to track the student’s progress and performance throughout the course.
- For a focused and immersive learning experience, activate the optional “learning mode”.
- Add an ordering quiz question type and turn on the quiz timer.
- Allows you to organize students into groups and cohorts to simply control the access and customize learning experiences.
- Depending on groups, enrollment status, and date, you can hide/show the lessons and content within them.
Sensei LMS is a freemium plugin that comes with both free and paid versions. You can download its free version from WordPress.org.
Meanwhile, its premium version has 3 pricing options:
- Sensei Blocks: Costs $29.40/year for 1 site. Includes interactive videos, quiz questions, image hotspots, flashcards, etc.
- Sensei Pro: Costs $89.40/year for 1 site. Includes WooCommerce integration, schedule ‘drip’ content, course access periods, etc.
- Sensei Agency: Costs $209.40/year for 20 sites. Includes quiz timer & ordering question type, block visibility, etc.
10. Edwiser Bridge
Edwiser Bridge is the last but not least LMS plugin for WordPress. It’s the WordPress and Moodle integration plugin that combined provides a robust platform to sell moodle courses online.
With this plugin, there are various options like importing Moodle courses to WordPress, synchronizing moodle course categories, etc. Then, you can sell your courses through a WordPress site. Or, you can automate 2-way synchronization between WordPress and Moodle sites.
Besides, you’ll be able to sell more with the bulk course purchase option. While using this approach, you can provide discounts to your users when they purchase multiple courses from your course library.
Key Features of Edwiser Bridge:
- Allows admin or teachers to purchase multiple copies of a single course for an entire class of students in a single purchase.
- Track the status of your users with simplified email notifications for quick activity updates like enrollment, un-enrollment, refunds, etc.
- Able to register multiple students to a course purchased in a bulk using a CSV file.
- Lets you use the same password for both Moodle and WordPress.
- Offers modern, attractive, and professional layouts to create your courses with 150+ customization options.
- Comes with an easy-to-use tool that lets you create any form like a contact form, survey form, feedback form, and more.
Edwiser Bridge offers free as well as premium versions. You can download its free version from WordPress.org.
While the premium version has 2 pricing packages:
- Edwiser Bridge Pro Plan: Costs $80/year. Includes bulk course purchases, enrollment of multiple students, selling courses as products, etc.
- Edwiser Bundle Plan: Costs $228/year. Includes notification via email, buying multiple course copies, selective synchronization, focus mode, etc.
That’s it, guys! We’ve arrived at the end of this article.
We’ve discussed the 10 best LMS plugins for WordPress along with their features and pricing.
Among the listed plugins, we would like to recommend you the LearnDash plugin. That’s because it comes with all the comprehensive features that are required to create your LMS site. You can include a variety of immediately create engaging courses, sell them, track your site’s progress, and have much more to offer.
We hope this article helped you to find the best LMS plugin for WordPress in 2022. If you’re using any of these plugins for your website, then please share your experience below in the comment section.
In case you’ve any more queries, then feel free to ask us. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Also, share this article with your friends and colleagues.