Are you on the hunt for the best WordPress directory plugins? If yes, then you’ve landed at the right place.
No matter what type of directory you want to create, WordPress makes your wish come true. The platform comes up with tons of directory plugins for your comfort. And these plugins serve the purpose of adding a fully-functional directory to your site.
The only problem lies in picking one when you have this amount of options. But you don’t have to worry at all! We’ve compiled some of the finest WordPress directory plugins for you.
In this article, we’ll be showcasing you the description, features, and pricing of every single plugin from the list. This way, you’ll have a fair idea of which will be a perfect fit for your website.
So, let’s get started!
Why Do You Need a WordPress Directory Plugin?
If you’re willing to build a listing website with lists of information on your site, then using one of the directory plugins is what you need. Basically, these plugins add a web directory to your site. Or, in other words, you need them to create a directory site.
Now you may be wondering ‘what is a directory site?’. A directory site is one of the types of websites that makes it easy to find products and services by category or subject. To be more specific, let’s give you a relatable example.
Where do you find free plugins in WordPress? You simply go and visit the WordPress.org/plugins page, right? Well, it’s a directory that WordPress built for providing a list of free plugins.
Now, let’s see another example! Have you used Tripadvisor.com? It’s a popular travel directory site. It offers lists of hotels, vacation rentals, things to do, restaurants, etc. Also includes user reviews and booking facilities.
Another good example is Google My Business which is a top business directory that features businesses. If you own a business, then you can also create an account, submit your business details, and get listed on it. Other types of directory listing websites are real estate, job listing, event listing, review directory, etc.
Want to create a website like these? If yes, then you can easily do so in WordPress using any one of the best directory plugins.
How to Choose the Best WordPress Directory Plugin for your Site?
Firstly, you need to figure out your site’s needs or, in other words, the type of directory you want to create. If it’s for a business listing, then you need a plugin that offers payment options. Or, if it’s not that, then a simple directory plugin might do the job for you.
However, there are some common things that you’ll find in every single directory plugin. So, make sure to keep an eye on them before deciding to grab one for your site. Here are those:
- Rating and Review systems: Your users should be able to give a rating and post a few words to the listings. So, the plugin you’re choosing should have this feature.
- Frontend Submission options: The plugin you’re after should provide an option for your site visitors to submit the listings from the frontend.
- Google Maps Integration: To display listings on a map, it’s crucial.
- Detailed Search Functionality: The plugin you love should include search functionality. This way, users can filter the listings by keyword, location, category, and tags.
- Monetization options: If you’re charging for listings, then the plugin should support WooCommerce. Or, accept payments via Stripe or PayPal.
- Media Support: For a restaurant or real estate directory, adding images is a complete must. So, media support is equally important.
To know more points in detail, check our article on how to choose the best WordPress plugins. With that said, now let’s go ahead and check the best directory listing plugins for WordPress.
15 Best WordPress Directory Plugins for 2022
The list comprises both the free and paid plugins so, you can pick the one that suits your budget. Most importantly, we’ve selected them by looking at their Active installations, Ratings, and Updates.
Thereby, you’re free to choose any WordPress directory plugins from this list as each of them is equally good.
1. Business Directory
Business Directory is a free WordPress plugin for professionals who’re searching for a user-friendly directory website builder. With it, you can create directories such as business listings sites, real estate listings sites, and many more.
It includes all the essential features like customizable form fields, image upload, and payment gateway support. Also, it comes with multiple widgets for featured, latest, and random listings. Business Directory offers extra add-ons to turn your directory into the next level.
- The plugin eliminates all of your spam listings with reCAPTCHA.
- With it, you can acquire both the free and paid listings with Authorize.net.
- Comes with a quick search and sorting bar for listings.
- Built-in CSV import and export option for building directories with ease.
- You can create directories in multiple languages with WPML.
It’s a freemium (available on both the free and paid version) plugin. The core plugin is absolutely free of cost and you can download it from the WordPress.org plugin’s directory.
The premium version comes up in various pricing plans:
- Basic: $199/year, Unlimited Listings, 1 Site License.
- Pro: $399/year, All Basic Features, Priority Support, 3 Sites License.
- Elite: $599/year, All Pro Features, Priority Support, Unlimited Sites License.
2. Directories Pro
Directories Pro is a feature-rich and versatile directory WordPress plugin available on the market. The unique thing about this plugin is, even guest users can post listings and reviews to help expand your directory.
You can create unlimited directories, clone and migrate them by exporting and importing directory settings. It integrates with WooCommerce so, you can charge a fee to the users for posting new listings. Besides that, it supports some of the renowned contact form plugins like Contact Form 7, WPForms, and Gravity Forms.
- You can post and manage all the content from the frontend dashboard.
- It lets you export and import the directory’s content to and from a CSV file easily.
- Integrates with the Better Notifications for easy customization of directory notification emails.
- With it, you can allow users to submit reviews regarding your listings.
- Also, you can change the looks of your directory using a drag and drop display editor.
The plugin comes up in the price tag of $39 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
GeoDirectory is one of the best WordPress business directory plugins. As the name states, it lets you build location-based business directories easily.
The plugin is fully compatible with Gutenberg and popular page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Divi, etc. Apart from that, it lets you create a front-end submission form with the help of a drag and drop form builder. Plus, it comes with crucial features like filter listings, a Google Analytics widget, etc.
- Includes tab builder that allows you to design the tabs of your listings the way you like.
- Has built-in forms for user reviews.
- With its optimized database structure, you can list an unlimited number of businesses.
- GeoDirectory consists of some dummy data, which gives you a clear idea of how the listings appear.
- The plugin is fully compatible with all the WordPress themes.
The core plugin is available for free. Premium version comes up in different price ranges:
- 4 Months: $99, All Add-ons, All Themes, Auto Updates, Premium Support, Unlimited Domains.
- 6 Months: $129, All Add-ons, All Themes, Auto Updates, Premium Support, Unlimited Domains.
- 1 Year: $199, All Add-ons, All Themes, Auto Updates, Premium Support, Unlimited Domains.
- Lifetime: $995, All Add-ons, All Themes, Auto Updates, Premium Support, 100 Domains.
4. Connections Business Directory
Connections Business Directory offers tons of free and premium extensions for enhancing your directory even further. The plugin’s simplicity and the multitude of unique features make it a top choice for creating a directory.
The best part is, it provides custom fields for business open hours, local time, facilities, languages, hobbies, etc. Furthermore, it features multiple free and premium templates that make your designing portion a lot easier and quicker. Not to forget, the support of this plugin is also top-notch.
- The plugin includes a carousel, directory, team, and upcoming list blocks.
- Comes with multiple entry types such as individual, organization, and family.
- With it, you can set the entries to the public, private or accessible for logged-in users only.
- You can even add a business logo and images to your directory with ease.
- Compatible with all the WordPress themes and page builders.
The plugin is available for free in the WordPress.org plugin’s directory. However premium bundle will cost you money and it comes in several packs:
- Template Pro Pack: All the templates, Single Site – $59.99, 1 to 5 Sites – $149.99, Unlimited Sites – $199.99.
- Extension Pro Pack: All the extensions, Single Site – $29.99, 1 to 5 Sites – $99.99, Unlimited Sites – $199.99.
- Pro Pack: All the current templates and extensions, Single Site – $74.99, 1 to 5 Sites – $149.99, Unlimited Sites – $299.99.
5. Web 2.0 Directory
Web 2.0 Directory is a premium WordPress directory plugin that you can get from the CodeCanyon marketplace. However, it does have a free version as well at WordPress.org. Unlike other plugins, you can put YouTube and Vimeo videos on your directory listings.
Other notable features include print listing, save bookmarks, pdf download option, custom fields, and many more. Also, you can generate money by selling listing packages as the plugin supports PayPal and Stripe payment gateway.
- Maps and map markers make it easy for you to find nearby places.
- With it, you have an option to raise up, renew, and upgrade/downgrade directory listings.
- You can arrange directory listings by rating, distance, and content fields.
- It offers a rating system for users so that they can rate the business freely.
- You can search for the listings by categories, locations, zip, keywords, etc.
You can get it by paying $39 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
Created by totalery, Listdom is a responsive and modern directory plugin of WordPress. One interesting thing about this plugin is, it includes more than 80 different skins and styles. For example, you can show your listings on grid style, list, masonry, table, slider, cover views, etc.
Moreover, you can display listings on Google Maps depending on your users’ location. Besides that, it has several useful features like a color manager, advanced marker clustering, notification manager, etc. Plus, it features helpful documentation and a support center for pulling you out of problems.
- Supports Google Maps and OpenStreetMap, allowing you to show data in the way you like.
- The plugin offers you pricing options, this way you can enter prices for listings.
- You can add and manage all the listings from the front-end with ease.
- Also, it allows you to upload images to your listings easily.
- Being SEO-ready, your directory site will appear on top of the search engines.
Listdom will cost you $49 and you can purchase it from the CodeCanyon marketplace like any other pro WordPress directory plugins on this list.
7. AWP Classifieds
AWP Classifieds, the name speaks for itself, it allows you to create a classified listing site. You can build various types of classified directories, from job board listings to car listings to apartment classifieds. Also, it supports both free and paid listings.
Moreover, you can add a search option in your classified directory by city, state, country, username, and keyword. It even allows you to edit via front-end, backend, and that too without having to register. Plus, it’s compatible with WordPress multisite.
- Supports embedded videos as well.
- You can either enable or disable standard form fields as per your needs.
- The plugin offers anti-spam checks for the ad posting via Akismet.
- Supports payment gateways like PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, etc for paid ads.
- Both the user and admin can edit or delete the ads easily.
You can get the core plugin for free. It also consists of premium modules that come in different price ranges:
- Basic: $99/year, Unlimited Ads, 1 Site License.
- Pro: $299/year, All Basic Features, Priority Support, 5 Sites License.
- Elite: $499/year, All Pro Features, Priority Support, Unlimited Sites License.
Directorist is regarded as one of the most complete WordPress directory plugins that include all the directory features in the free version. Talking of features, you’ll get advanced search filters, unlimited custom fields, listing image sliders, a review system, and many more.
Using it, you can build lists of directories based on location, category, etc, that too without having to code. The best part is, it also offers you the option to turn your directory site into a native mobile app. Plus, you can extend the functionalities of your listing site with the use of extensions.
- It lets you create a custom ad listing and search forms via drag and drop.
- You can import the listings with custom fields from the CSV file with ease.
- Guests as well can give the listing review and ratings.
- Allows you to integrate live chat on your directory listing site for having a real-time talk.
- You can translate to your preferred language with the help of the Loco Translate plugin.
Directorist won’t cost you a penny from the WordPress.org plugin’s directory. However, premium extensions come up with the price tag and it looks like this:
- 3 Months: $79/3 months, All Extensions, Unlimited Sites License, Priority Support, Auto Updates.
- 6 Months: $129/6 months, All Extensions, Unlimited Sites License, Priority Support, Auto Updates.
- 1 Year: $199/year, All Extensions, Unlimited Sites License, Priority Support, Auto Updates.
- Lifetime: $999, All Extensions, 100 Sites License, Priority Support, Auto Updates.
HivePress is a fully customizable, beginner-friendly directory plugin. It allows you to build a business directory, job board, real estate, and any listing site. With the core plugin, you’ll get tons of free extensions such as authentication, favorites, messages, reviews, and many more.
Also, it comes with a free ListingHive theme. Apart from the free extensions, it provides premium extensions as well. And with these options, you can earn some money from your directory website.
- It’s multipurpose meaning you can create any type of listing website.
- You can charge fees for adding and claiming listings.
- It lets you find listings by place.
- You can send private text messages with ease.
- Allows you to keep a separate listing of your favorite ones.
HivePress is free. You can get unlimited access to all the extensions after paying $340.
10. Real Estate Manager Pro
Real Estate Manager Pro is a property listing WordPress plugin that’s fully responsive. Basically, it comes up with multiple templates that feature a sleek and elegant look. Some of its key features are gallery slider, Ajax search, search widget, properties carousel, etc.
The plugin includes 7+ property listing styles featuring both list and grid views. One of the groundbreaking functionality of the plugin is Advanced Listing. For instance, you can showcase lists by type, purpose, status, or any other custom field. And, even manage the layout of the lists with ease.
- This plugin allows you to build properties from the front-end without any hassle.
- You can add a search widget and mortgage calculator widget to the widget areas.
- Allows you to create custom property fields with the drag and drop fields builder.
- Registered agents can change their profiles from the front end.
- Integrates with WooCommerce to handle paid subscriptions.
Real Estate Manager Pro is available for $39 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
11. Advanced Classifieds & Directory Pro
If you’re looking for something flexible, then Advanced Classifieds and Directory Pro is for you. The plugin lets you create classified ad listing sites, wedding sites, movie rating sites, yellow pages, and many more.
Most importantly, it lets you manage your listings over unlimited categories and subcategories. Also, it offers you the option to download a listing as a pdf or add it to favorites. Some other remarkable features include Google Maps integration, WooCommerce integration, advanced search widget, etc.
- You can easily add videos from YouTube and Vimeo.
- Has a dashboard that allows you to manage, edit, renew, and delete listings.
- With it, you can assign extra fields to your categories.
- It gives you the option to show or hide Google reCAPTCHA in forms.
- Admin has full control over all the listings in the backend.
It’s available in both the free and paid version. The premium version comes up at $7.99/year. In that, you’ll get all the starter features, paid listing plans, and many more.
12. Directory Pro
Directory Pro is a fantastic WordPress directory listing plugin that allows you to create multiple directories easily. It comes with a wide range of features such as a review module, VIP badge, pricing table, claim listing, etc.
The plugin works well with PayPal and Stripe, along with that, it equally supports WooCommerce. And it opens up the possibility to generate some income from the directories. Other than that, it’s fully responsive, making your site look good on all devices.
- Integrates with Mailchimp for storing your email contacts.
- Users can submit the listings from the front end.
- Integrated with Visual Composer for easy designing of pages.
- Provides you with an advanced search and filters option.
- You can also turn on the auto-suggest functionality in the search form.
Directory Pro is available at the price tag of $39 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
13. Simple Link Directory
Simple Link Directory is a modern WordPress directory plugin for a listing directory and content curation. It comes up with bulks of ready-made templates for both single page and multiple page modes. These templates are responsive as well as thoughtfully designed.
It lets you build a complete list of links with the site logo and the description. You can use this plugin to build a video directory listing as well. For that, you’ve to put the links to Vimeo or YouTube videos, and the video will start in a lightbox.
- Automatic title, description, and screenshot thumbnail generation after you insert links.
- You can showcase tons of link lists on any page with the help of the shortcode.
- With it, you can monetize your directory with the help of the paid and claim listing functionalities.
- Offers 5 different upvote icons.
- It offers you an instant search and filter option.
You can get the core plugin from the WordPress.org plugin’s directory. Similarly, the premium version will cost you $29 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
14. Name Directory
Developed by Jeroen Peters, Name Directory is a bit different from other plugins that we’ve covered. It comes with properties such as name, description, and submitter. The plugin basically showcases the directory of names rather than a map-based directory.
With it, you can create multiple directories. And each directory you can embed into the posts or pages with the help of the shortcode. If you’re more into building a list of people or terms with their details, then it’s ideal for you.
- You can limit the size of words in the description.
- Includes Ajax features in the admin panel allowing you to work smoothly.
- Ability to show or hide the title, suggestion form, and search function.
- You can import and export a .csv-file into a directory.
- Also, it’s compatible with plugins like Members and Relevanssi for making role permission and search more convenient.
Name Directory is free of cost.
15. Classified Listing
Classified Listing is the best-classified ads WordPress plugin that allows you to build a classified listing site. It comes with a bunch of backend admin settings as well as a stunning frontend posting management system.
The plugin features business hours and a social profile on the listing submission page. Besides that, you can create infinite custom fields and assign them based on categories. Plus, it has a reCAPTCHA feature too that saves you from being spammed.
- Supports Google Maps to display the location of listings.
- You can filter your search results as per custom fields, category, location, and price.
- With it, you’ve full control over the data and listings from the front-end.
- You’re able to edit, promote, and delete the ad listings with ease.
- It offers you options such as automatic and manual approval of your listings.
Classified Listing is available in both the free and paid versions. Classified Listing Pro includes different licenses. You can purchase the one that fits you better.
- Single Site License: $39/year (1 Year Updates and Support)
- 5 Sites License: $149/year (1 Year Updates and Support)
- Unlimited Site License: $499/year (1 Year Updates and Support)
And that’s a wrap! So, in this article, we’ve covered the 15 best WordPress directory plugins for listing websites in 2022. We hope you liked it!
With any of these directory plugins, you can organize and display various types of content. And that too without having to put too much effort.
But, the real question now is which one you should choose among these? Let’s make it crystal clear for you! GeoDirectory is a highly reputed plugin if you’re looking for a free plugin. And it boasts an excellent rating as well.
If you’re in no short of money, then the Directory Pro is the one that’s worth going after!
Check out our article on the best WordPress block grid plugins. Also, you might be interested in the best WordPress directory themes.
If you liked it, then follow us on Facebook and Twitter for similar types of content.
Still, do you’ve any questions? Then leave a comment below.