Are you eager to know the names of the top membership site examples? If yes, then you’re on the right page.
Creating a membership website is a hassle-free task nowadays. There are tons of equally good website builders in the market. And by picking any particular website builder, you can build it on your own. So, it saves some penny that gets spent on hiring a developer.
But these all things come once you get inspired by seeing those actual sites. Hence, keeping that in mind, we’ve compiled some of the best membership website examples.
So, let’s get started.
What is a Membership Website? (A Brief Introduction)
A membership site is a popular website type with exclusive content that can be accessed only by its members. To be more specific, not anyone can view it. Only those who’ve registered can access and make use of it.
It’s used by businesses, non-profit organizations, universities, companies, associations, etc.
Also, it’s termed a gated site, meaning one has to log in to access the site’s content that’s hidden behind the gates.
An ideal example of a membership site is Udemy. It’s a top online learning platform that has thousands of online courses in different languages. But, you can only access it after signing up free or by paying.
To sum up, membership websites can have different levels of membership. Also, that determines what kind of content he/she can access. Most importantly, it’s a great way to earn a bucket full of money.
24 Best Membership Site Examples to Get Inspired From
Below we’ve listed the best membership business examples in 2021. And also to mention we’ve picked them by checking their Domain Authority, Page Authority, and Spam %.
A. Online Course & Training Membership Website Examples
Smart Passive Income Courses provide informative knowledge for building a successful online business. Each of the content or courses is designed with an aim to help entrepreneurs flourish their online business. Moreover, their website offers 15+ courses by Pat Flynn, which come up in different price ranges.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online training and courses on Creating Successful Online Business.
- Target Audience/ Users: Online entrepreneurs, affiliate marketers, podcasters, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: One-time payment. Prices range from $499 to $999.
- Facebook: Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn
Dunbar Academy offers training courses that teach you how to train a dog in the simple and best possible manner. You can get a free collection of courses that includes behavior and training tips for dog owners and professionals. Also, it has a Top Dog Academy Subscription, which has a bundle of courses. Furthermore, that’ll cost you $20 per month.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online training and courses on Dog’s Behavior.
- Target Audience/ Users: Dog owners and professionals.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription. This is a subscription that automatically renews at $20 each month until you cancel.
- Facebook: Dunbar Academy
Personal Development School is an interactive online learning platform that teaches you how to transform into the best version of yourself. Also, the course ranges from overcoming your anxiety, creating a money mindset to healing your relationships. Additionally, as a member, you can get access to 45+ courses, live weekly webinars, and much more.
- Membership-based service/ content: In-depth courses and interactive workbooks for improving every aspect of life.
- Target Audience/ Users: People with stress, anxiety issues, and depression.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription. It comes up in 3 different pricing plans:
- All-access pass: $67 per month. You can gain access to all features and courses during your subscription.
- Single course: $119 one-time payment. You can gain access to a single course for life.
- Lifetime access: $1799 one-time payment. You can gain access to all features and courses for life.
- Instagram: Personal Development School
- Youtube: Personal Development School – Thais Gibson
4. Kid Explorer
Kid Explorer is a content creation platform that makes learning fun for kids. It features educational and fun content for making kids explore and discover a lot of things. Moreover, you can get your hands on these informative, entertaining courses by becoming a Kid Explorer Club Member. Also, it covers other various shows like Kid Fit Go, Kid History, Kid Explorer Podcast, etc.
- Membership-based service/ content: Educational courses and shows for making kids smart, knowledgeable, and joyful.
- Target Audience/ Users: Made for kids.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription. You can purchase the courses individually, and the price ranges from $10 to 15$. Also, you can become a Kid Explorer Club Member and get full access to everything with $10/month.
- Youtube: Kid Explorer
Membership Academy is packed with in-depth, practical training and resources for running and growing a successful membership website. It’ll help you to build a business that generates a ton of recurring income. Apart from that, it also guides you in attracting more members and keeping them engaged in your site for longer.
- Membership-based service/ content: In-depth courses, training, workshops for creating and growing a successful membership site.
- Target Audience/ Users: Entrepreneurs, small business owners, membership site owners, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription. It’s available in various payment options:
- Pay Monthly: $49 per month.
- Pay Annually: $450 per year.
- Facebook: The Membership Guys
Society of Visual Storytelling offers online illustration classes taught by professional illustrators. It includes a broad selection of classes that covers many different topics to turn you into the best possible artist. In addition to that, it also has a podcast available with streaming and downloading options. Also, learning illustration is made simpler with its well-designed curriculum.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online illustration classes to turn you into a fine artist.
- Target Audience/ Users: Artists
- Membership type and pricing: The Freemium Model. You can try the membership free for 30 days. And after that, you will be automatically enrolled in the monthly subscription for $24.99 a month.
- Twitter: SVSLearn
- Instagram: svslearn
Booya Fitness provides you access to the most popular boutique workouts just sitting in your home. It has a range of workouts from barre to Bollywood to Cardio Kickbox and much more right at your fingertips. Also, with the monthly membership, you’ll get all the types of online classes. And you can even download them in case of no-wifi.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online fitness classes to make you feel confident and in shape.
- Target Audience/ Users: Anyone who wants to keep their fitness to the optimum level.
- Membership type and pricing: The Freemium Model. It gives you free access for the first month. After the free trial, it will cost you $9.99 on a month-to-month plan.
- $26.99 for 3 months
- $99.99 for 12 months
- YouTube: Booya Fitness
8. Lasater yoga
Lasater yoga is an online sangha that provides all kinds of meditative and yoga techniques in the comfort of your home. Judith Hanson Lasater is the founder of it. Also, you’ll be receiving all the mentorship from her. She’s one of America’s leading yoga teachers and has been teaching yoga all over the world since 1971.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online classes for the betterment of your physical and mental health.
- Target Audience/ Users: Anyone who wants to be stress-free and live life to the fullest.
- Membership type and pricing: One-time payment. Prices range from $30 to $1008.
9. Olive Knits
Olive Knits provide tools, resources & skills to sharpen your sweater knitting skills to another level. It got its name as Olive Knits because of the love for knits, says the Founder Marie Greene. Her classes never expire, and you’ll have ongoing access once you register into it. Furthermore, the website also features products where you can buy sweaters, shawls, etc.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online classes & workshops for fearless knitting.
- Target Audience/ Users: Knitters & Creatives.
- Membership type and pricing: One-time payment. Prices range from $129 to $449.
- Facebook: Olive Knits
10. Sew It! Academy
Sew It! Academy trains you to sew by mastering the fundamentals of sewing. Not only that, you’ll learn sewing, pattern making, draping, fitting, sketching, and a lot more. It includes step-by-step video courses for womenswear, menswear, and children. Also, most importantly, new courses are added monthly, prioritizing the skill from every perspective.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online course & training on learning to sew.
- Target Audience/ Users: Fashion designers, creative & crafty person, learners, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription. You can sign up for a free trial and get a discounted monthly rate. And, it comes in different pricing plans.
- Womenswear: $11.97/month.
- Menswear: $11.97/month.
- Women’s & Menswear: $17.97/month.
- Kids Only: $39.99, One-time payment.
- Instagram: sewitacademy
11. Kesler Science
Kesler Science features engaging content that helps 5th-8th grade students to understand difficult science concepts. Also, with the membership, you’ll have access to all of the classroom materials. And also, get a chance to have a live professional development session with one of the best Science educators, Steve Spangler.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online lessons & ideas for grabbing science-related knowledge.
- Target Audience/ Users: Middle school Science students and teachers.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription. You can enroll in the monthly membership that costs $29.99/month. Otherwise, annual membership is available for $299/year.
- Twitter: Chris Kesler
- Instagram: keslerscience
Mentorship & Coaching Membership Site Examples
Fizzle is helpful if you want to grow or build a successful online business. The courses provide essential tips and strategies for making the most out of your business. Furthermore, members can get access to premium courses, live coaching sessions, and workshops. Also, it features a podcast that covers a range of topics, including SEO, productivity, etc.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online courses & podcasts for the growth of the online business.
- Target Audience/ Users: Entrepreneurs, small business owners, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: The Freemium Model. You can try Fizzle free for 10 days. A monthly subscription will cost you $49/month. And an annual subscription comes up at $299/year.
- Twitter: Fizzle
The Marketing Fix provides you the expert advice to take your business to a whole new level. Also, the courses cover the topic like branding, building your website to SEO and social media. Moreover, the membership includes all the courses, live online teaching events, live support from the co-working sessions, etc.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online courses & training for thriving your marketing and business.
- Target Audience/ Users: Photographers, designers, artists, makers, and digital businesses of all types.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription. You can get a monthly subscription for $35/month. Annual subscription will cost you $350/year.
- Facebook: The Marketing Fix Membership
BizChix provides the foundation by which women entrepreneurs earn more money and gain more success in the business. Also, its coaching framework focuses on various phases of strategies to create a positive impact on the business. Furthermore, BizChix offers targeted group coaching programs, one-to-one mentorship, and self-paced courses.
- Membership-based service/ content: Online courses & mentorship to empower women entrepreneurs for more glory.
- Target Audience/ Users: Women entrepreneurs and business owners.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription.
- Six Figures Lab(12 months): $700/month
- Leadership Lab(12 months): $1200/month
- 1:1 Mentorship(12 months): $2500/month
- Facebook: Biz Chix
- LinkedIn: Natalie Eckdahl
Connecting for Kids offers education and support to local families of Northeast Ohio who have concerns about their children. It has resources for numerous concerns, including anxiety, attention issues, developmental delays, epilepsy, and sensory issues. Also, most importantly, all of the programs are provided at no cost.
- Membership-based service/ content: Programs for kids better overall growth and better health both physically and mentally.
- Target Audience/ Users: Child younger than 13 years of age.
- Membership type and pricing: Free subscription. You can also help to support their programs with a donation.
- Pinterest: Connecting for Kids
- Instagram: connectforkids
Entertainment & Video Streaming Membership Websites
Netflix is a widely popular subscription-based streaming service that provides access to a number of TV shows, movies, documentaries, etc. Additionally, you can download these contents and watch them without the use of an internet connection. By being a Netflix member, you’ll be charged once a month, and the price is affordable too.
- Membership-based service/ content: Stream unlimited movies, TV shows, and more on any device.
- Target Audience/ Users: Movie lovers, everyone.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription. Plans range from $3.99 to $11.99 a month.
- YouTube: Netflix
- Instagram: Netflix
KweliTV showcases high-quality independent films, documentaries, web series, kids programming, etc. Their mission is to create content that reflects the true global black experience as mainstream media. By joining KweliTV, you’ll get top content as well as receive perks, access to events, and much more.
- Membership-based service/ content: Award-winning indie films, documentaries, web series, and more celebrating global black stories.
- Target Audience/ Users: Leaders, journalists, filmmakers, activists, teachers, historians, designers, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: The Freemium Model. It provides a free trial for the first 7 days. The subscription costs 5.99 per month or 49.99 per year.
- Twitter: kweliTV
- Facebook: kweliTV
Examples of Premium Stock Images Membership Sites
Shutterstock is a renowned marketplace that provides royalty-free stock images, photos, vectors, illustrations, videos, etc. Also, it features a huge library of images and vectors for almost any kind of application or project. Moreover, Shutterstock adds bulks of new creative assets each week and totals over 300 million images to date.
- Membership-based service/ content: Stock Images, Photos, Vectors, Videos, and Music for any kind of project.
- Target Audience/ Users: Creative professionals from all backgrounds.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-One Subscription. Subscription (You can get a free 1-month trial):
- 10 images, $29/month
- 50 images, $99/month
- 350 images, $169/month
- 750 images, $199/month
- Or, has on-demand packs (One-time payment)
- 5 images, $49
- 25 images, $229
- Twitter: Shutterstock
- LinkedIn: Shutterstock
19. Getty Images
Getty Images is the destination where you’ll find royalty-free images, editorial photography, videos, music, etc. It has over 200 million assets, and it’s one of the finest and trusted visual content in the world. Also, the website serves over one million customers in almost every country around the world. Additionally, you can get these stunning images at a flexible price.
- Membership-based service/ content: Stock photos, illustrations, vector art, videos, and much more that are suitable for any purpose.
- Target Audience/ Users: Non-profit organizations, photographers, students, business owners, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: One-time payment.
- Small images and Low-res videos: Single – $175, 5 pack – $800, 10 pack -$1500.
- Medium images and SD videos: Single – $375, 5 pack – $1625, 10 pack – $3000.
- Large images, 4K and HD videos: Single – $499, 5 pack – $2250, 10 pack – $4250.
- Twitter: Getty Images
- Facebook: Getty Images
Design Tool Membership Site Examples
With the introduction of Canva, creating a professional-looking design has become an easy job. It’s an online design and publishing tool that started in 2013 with a mission to empower everyone to design anything. Moreover, Canva features thousands of professional templates, images, and quality content that give your work a great start.
- Membership-based service/ content: Courses, tutorials, and blogs on creating amazing designs.
- Target Audience/ Users: Large organizations, offices, businesses, agencies, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: The Freemium Model.
- Canva Free: $0
- Canva Pro: You can try it for free for 30 days. After that, it costs $12.99/month and $119.99/year.
- Canva Enterprise: $150/month.
- Facebook: Canva
- Twitter: Canva
Crello is a graphic design tool that allows you to create outstanding contents straightaway. The website features thousands of professional templates suitable for any purpose. Also, you can use Crello editor to customize any of the design formats. And pull off any imaginary design with a few clicks.
- Membership-based service/ content: Tutorial and templates for creating your own designs effortlessly.
- Target Audience/ Users: Non-profit organizations, bloggers, small businesses, photographers, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: The Freemium Model.
- Starter: $0
- Pro: $9.99/month (You’ll get the free trial).
- Twitter: crello
- Instagram: crellogram
22. Quotes Cover
Quotes Cover helps people to create a stunning piece of typographic art that can be used on almost anything. And no design skill is required. It provides assets or resources to form a graphic art that you can edit. Most importantly, it’s free for everyone but subscribed members get access to more features and programs.
- Membership-based service/ content: Quote maker for turning any text into amazing graphics.
- Target Audience/ Users: Entrepreneurs, affiliate marketers, bloggers, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: The Freemium Model.
- Guest(Free): You can use Quotes Cover free as a guest.
- Pro: Starts from $2.50
- Pinterest: QuotesCover
Other Premium Service & Content Membership Sites
PlantYou started with a mission to offer you more plants to eat through the simple whole-food, plant-based, oil-free lifestyle. The website features 140+ healthy vegan recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, cheese sauces, salad dressings, dessert, and more. Also, it has a podcast that covers conversations related to physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Membership-based service/ content: Plant-based recipes and meal planner for promoting a healthy lifestyle.
- Target Audience/ Users: vegans, housewives, etc.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription. The membership will cost you $7.99/month.
- Facebook: PlantYou
Scott’s Cheap Flights provides incredible deals on flights, so you never have to overpay again. You have to set which airports deal you want from and leave the rest to the team of flight experts. The team will notify you whenever there’s an amazing deal from your chosen airport. Also, with the membership, you’ll get up to 90% off to the best destinations.
- Membership-based service/ content: Amazing flight deals to the best destinations.
- Target Audience/ Users: Travelers and tourists.
- Membership type and pricing: All-in-one subscription.
- Limited: Free
- Premium: $49/yr
- Elite: $199/yr
- Facebook: Scott’s Cheap Flights
- Twitter: Scott’s Cheap Flights
Create Your Own Membership Site (Step-by-Step)
Gone were those days where you needed to hire a developer to build a website from scratch. Now you can do it on your own with the help of a website builder. The advancement and the frequent updates have made these website builders very flexible.
Hence any site can be created with it, including a membership site. And here, we’ll be briefly guiding you on how to create one.
Step 1: Choose the Right Membership Site Platform
Earlier, we’ve said that there are tons of popular website builders on the market. And we love WordPress among them. We also use it on our site, and the benefits can’t be explained in words.
To give a quick review, it’s the most powerful CMS (Content Management System) that powers over 40% of the websites on the web.
For a more detailed explanation, have a look at it: What is WordPress?
It’s beginner-friendly, so no worries if you’ve no experience in site-building. Plugins add functionality to your site and WordPress has bulks of membership plugins. And you can rely on it to turn your site into a membership site effortlessly.
Step 2: Buy Domain Name and Web Hosting
After choosing WordPress the next step is to get a domain name and hosting. A domain name is your site’s name, ours is sitesaga.com.
And hosting is the location where your website’s files are stored. We recommend Bluehost, it’s one of the top hosting companies in the market.
After successfully completing, choosing your domain name you’ll be asked to provide your personal information (name, address, email, etc). And afterward, you need to provide your payment information.
Step 3: Set Up Your Membership Website on WordPress
When all the processing gets done, you’ll be getting automatically redirected to the login page of WordPress.
The best part of using Bluehost is it will automatically install WordPress for you so no need to feel overwhelmed. After that, you’ll be able to access the WordPress admin dashboard.
Now is the time to design your site and for that, you’ll require a WordPress theme. In the WordPress directory, you’ll find tons of stunning themes.
Astra is ideal if you’re getting started on your site and you don’t have enough money. It’s a popular multipurpose theme suitable for any site creation.
Search for ‘Astra’ and install it right from your WordPress dashboard. With the installation of the theme, you can customize the site the way you like.
Membership plugins come in handy if you are to actually turn your site into a membership site.
Install WP-Members Membership Plugin from the plugins section. It’s simple to use, flexible, and most importantly free.
Step 4: Create Premium Content and Publish Your Membership Site
Lastly, you need to create specific content that you are to provide to your members. Follow Posts>Add New which is located at your dashboard menu and start creating the content. Once done hit the ‘Publish’ button. And there you go!
And that’s a wrap! So, in this article, we’ve covered the 24 best membership site examples in 2021 + how to create one. We hope you liked it!
Building your membership site is no hurdle if you follow the right path. It’s certainly a great way to have a following and earn money at the same time. Once you get that content, vision, and strategy then success is not far away from you.
Still, do you’ve any questions? Then leave a comment below.