Are you looking for the best WordPress blog themes for 2020?
You need to choose the best blogging theme if you want to make an attractive and user-friendly blog. Essentially, the theme must have basic features like easy navigation, dynamic content options, good structure, elegant design, and so on.
In WordPress, there are 100s of stores providing tons of free and premium themes. So, you might find it hard to pick the perfect theme for your blog.
So, we’ve come up with a list of the top WordPress blog themes with the best blog features. Let’s begin with some tips to pick the best WordPress theme for your blogs.
How to Choose the Best Blogging Theme? – Things to Look For
Just like good and engaging content, your theme also plays an important role in making your blog successful. So, here are some of the things you should look for in a perfect WordPress blog theme.
i) Blogging Features
A blog theme should allow you to create and manage content easily. You should have several options to set font sizes, colors, styles, heading selection, media embedding, background choice, etc.
Also, the theme should allow you to select pleasant colors and page layouts to make your blog presentable to users.
ii) SEO friendliness
Your blog posts should easily rank in Search Engine Result Pages. This way, the visitors will get a chance of discovering your useful content. And also, your site will gain visitors and potential customers. So, your theme should have Search Engine Optimization (SEO) friendliness.
The theme should have built-in SEO features or should be able to add external SEO plugins. SEO plugins can check keyword use and the quality of your content.
iii) Page Speed
You might want your blog to load super fast. This is because readers generally tend to skip the slower web pages and click on the next one. If this happens, then you’ll be losing your visitors. So, you should check if the theme is lightweight before picking.
Stats show, over 50% of internet traffic comes from mobile devices. This shows the importance of reaching your blogs to phones and tablets users. For that, it’s crucial to pick a responsive theme i.e. the theme that is capable of running on all the devices.
Besides, you should look for a theme with analytics, social sharing, comment enabling, ad boxes, accessibility-ready, and so on.
20 Best WordPress Blog Themes (Expert Pick)
Now, let’s look at our picks of the best 20 WordPress blog themes.
Having splendid looks, Authentic is a lightweight WordPress theme best for blogs and magazines. This mobile-friendly theme looks great on all device screens. Besides, its customization capacity allows you to make your blogs look even more beautiful.
Incredibly designed by Code Supply Co, the Authentic theme provides 50 unique importable demos to design your blog. It also allows multiple language support so that your blog would be available for people all around the globe.
- Gutenberg Optimized: Authentic supports Gutenberg editor for ease and flexibility creating and editing blog posts.
- Social Integration: It provides social buttons and social account links to allow sharing to almost all social media.
- Typography: You can improvise your blog design with Adobe fonts, Google Fonts, and custom fonts. It also allows easy coloring and styling of texts.
- Plugins Included: It provides 4 useful plugins i.e. Canvas, Powerkit, Advanced Popups, and Absolute Reviews.
Other facilities you get with Authentic are MailChimp integration, custom widgets, full support, documentation, updates, author information, etc.
Pricing: The Authentic theme is available from Themeforest at $69.
It is a fully customizable theme perfect for your blogs. Sitka is best for new bloggers because of its ease of use. Also, it is so flexible that you can use it for any niche of blogs like personal, travel, fashion, luxury, etc.
It is developed by Solo Pine, a Power Elite Author of ThemeForest. Over 1,100 people use this theme for their blogs. Besides, people also integrate it with WooCommerce to include products on their site.
- Responsive: It is 100% responsive that fully fits perfectly on any device screen.
- Gutenberg Ready: Sitka fully supports Gutenberg block editor. It lets you easily add text, imbed media, customize content options, and create a perfect blog post.
- Demos: You can simply import pre-designed Sitka demos for your blog. It saves you time to design the layout from scratch.
- Plugins Friendly: You might want to add custom WordPress plugins to your blog. Sitka works completely fine with external plugins like Yoast SEO, Mailchimp, Loco Translate, etc.
Besides SEO, support, documentation, widgets support, 900+ Google fonts, layout options, etc. are other features of Sitka.
Pricing: You can get Sitka at $59 from ThemeForest.
It is a lightweight multipurpose theme that is suitable to create blog sites as well. With Astra’s easy customization and layout settings, you can easily create a neat and attractive blog. Further, the documentation and support provide you guidelines for creating your project.
Developed by Brainstorm Force, Astra is a premium WordPress theme that provides extensive site layouts and huge customization options. Also, its free version, available on WordPress.org is the most used free theme after default themes.
- Accessibility Ready: Astra is accessibility ready and allows people with physical disabilities to access your blog website.
- Superfast Page Speed: Astra uses optimized and lightweight codes that make your site load faster.
- Colors and Typography: You can manage the fonts and colors that match the design of your theme.
- AMP Compatible: Astra is Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) ready that makes your site load faster in mobile devices. It involves turning off certain styles and scripts.
Other features like responsiveness, translation & RTL ready, external plugins and widgets, importable demos, blog layouts, social media integration, etc. make Astra perfect for your blog.
Pricing: Astra is available for free at WordPress.org. It has lesser design, layout options, and customization ability.
To unlock the full customization power, you should get the Astra Pro. The premium Astra comes in 3 different plans: Astra Pro, Mini Agency Bundle, and Agency Bundle that cost $41, $169, and $249 per year.
It’s one of the best and most powerful WordPress themes ever made. Divi offers a huge level of customization that enables you to create a stunning blog site. It’s based on the Divi builder that you can use to intuitively drag and drop items to shape your blog.
Divi is developed by an independent theme company named Elegant Themes which primarily focuses on the design.
- Responsiveness: Divi makes your site mobile-friendly so that visitors from any device can fully view and interact with your blog.
- Social Media Friendly: It provides social share buttons to share your posts on various social media platforms. Also, you can add links to your social accounts on your blog.
- Advertisement Areas: With Divi, you get ad boxes where you can attach ads on your blog posts.
- Custom Widgets and Plugins: You can add custom widgets and plugins to further enhance the abilities and functionalities of your blogs using the Divi theme.
Moreover, Divi includes other features like text and layout styling, documentation, support, custom CSS, post insights, and much more.
Pricing: You can purchase the Divi license yearly or lifetime which costs $89 and $249 respectively.
Designed by Themeisle, Neve is a lightweight multipurpose theme. It also offers a huge extent to customization that makes it eligible to make blog sites. Also, Neve provides tons of blog templates best for art, photography, training, coaching, and much more.
This fully responsive theme is popular among WordPress users with 100,000+ downloads from WordPress.org.
- AMP ready: Neve is an AMP ready theme that makes your site load faster on mobile devices by disabling scripts and styles. It is good with the SEO point of view as well.
- Speed: Neve is coded lightly which makes it load faster. It has a good speed grade on tools like GTmetrix, Pingdom, Google PageSpeed, etc.
- Gutenberg Optimized: Neve has seamless integration with the Gutenberg editor. It eases you with creating and managing posts.
- Accessibility Ready: Neve is an accessibility-ready theme that allows physically challenged people to interact and access your website well.
Besides, Neve has other features like translation and RTL ready, easy customization, comments ready, support, updates, etc.
Pricing: The free version of Neve is available at WordPress.org.
For the premium version, you can purchase one of its 3 plans: Personal, Business, or Agency. They cost you $49, $79, and $129 per year.
The Newspaper is one of the most popular WordPress themes for blogs, magazines, and newspaper sites. It provides a huge collection of unique templates for you to pick one and get started easily. In addition, you’ll get tons of widgets like social media, counter, gallery, weather, etc.
Easy to use, the Newspaper WordPress theme is loved by over 94,000 users for its code quality, support, and features availability.
- Speed: Newspaper is a lightweight theme that makes your site load faster.
- Advertisements: The Newspaper theme provides plenty of Ad boxes where you can display ads and generate revenue.
- Translation ready: You can get in touch with people all around the globe with your translatable blog.
- Responsiveness and AMP ready: Newspaper makes your site responsive: fit on any device and screen. Also, it supports AMP to load sites faster on mobile devices.
Other Newspaper features include GDPR compliance, Gutenberg optimized, plugins support, typography control, etc and so on.
Pricing: ThemeForest charges you $59 for a Newspaper theme with a regular license.
Like many multipurpose themes, Jevelin is a responsive theme that can be used to create various types of websites including blogs. It offers great customization and allows editing colors and layouts, adding useful elements, widgets, and plugins to give a nice edge to your WordPress blog.
- SEO Optimized: Jevelin has an in-built focus on search engine optimization (SEO). Besides, you can also add external SEO plugins like Yoast, SEMrush, etc,
- Social Share: With the share buttons, your visitors can disperse your blog posts through social media.
- Demos: There are tons of blog demos that you can pick and import for your site. It saves you some designing time.
- Mobile-Friendly: Jevelin runs seamlessly on every small as well as large devices screen due to its responsive behavior.
Besides, other blog features of Jevelin are AMP ready, Multilanguage and TRL support, adding categories, tags, copyright, author information, etc.
Pricing: Javelin is available at $59 from the ThemeForest.
Specially used for blogs and magazines, Soledad is a flexible and customizable theme. From tons of demos it provides, you can import one and start customizing your blog. Further, it lets you design your blog easily with a drag-and-drop page builder by WPBakery.
Soledad is created by PenciDesign, a Power Elite Author of Themeforest. It has made over 25,000 sales with good reviews and a perfect 5 stars rating on Themeforest.
- Site Speed: Soledad is a lightweight theme that optimizes your site performance. It shows a good performance score when tested on tools like Google PageSpeed, Pingdom, and GTmetrix.
- AMP Readiness: Soledad aims at faster page load to enhance the sites’ performance on mobile devices by offering AMP readiness.
- SEO-friendliness: Soledad uses a simple codebase which makes your blog SEO-friendly from the core. Additionally, it allows you to add external SEO plugins.
- Multilingual Ready: With Soledad, you can create multiple language blogs using WPLM or the Polylang plugin.
Other Soledad features include responsiveness, browser compatibility, multiple ad blocks, GDPR compliant, RTL support, and so on.
Pricing: Soledad is available at $59 from ThemeForest.
Focusing more on performance, GeneratePress is a very lightweight WordPress theme. It’s actually a multipurpose theme i.e. can build any type of site. With page builder support and extension plugins, you can make a site for any purpose including a blog.
It is a premium theme with lots of design options. But, you can get its limited-featured free version on WordPress.org. The free version has over 200,000+ active installations with an average 5 stars rating.
- Gutenberg Ready: GeneratePress is compatible with the Gutenberg block editor. It provides flexibility in creating posts and pages.
- Colors and Typography: You can give a nice presentable look to your blog with over 60 coloring options. Similarly, you can manage the formats, fonts, and styles of your blog posts using over 70 typography options.
- SEO Optimized: GeneratePress is made with valid, clean, and lightweight code which is good from the SEO point of view.
- Copyright Text: It allows you to input a copyright page at the bottom of your blog site.
With GeneratePress, you get other features like responsiveness, accessibility-ready, layout control, translation ready, RTL ready, etc.
Pricing: The theme is available for $49.95/year from the official GeneratePress site. There’s also a free version of this theme at WordPress.org.
Built by ThemeGrill, Zakra is a multipurpose and flexible WordPress theme that is capable of building a stunning blog. Zakra has a deep integration with the powerful Elementor page builder plugin and allows you to create websites easily by drag and drop method. Plus, it has 40+ pre-made demos to ease you with designing your blog.
This fully-responsive and SEO-friendly theme has over 40,000 free downloads from WordPress.org theme repository. You can also get the premium version of the theme with additional features from its official website.
- Lightweight: Zakra is a lightweight theme made with clean codes for fast page load and optimized site performance.
- Gutenberg Ready: It is built with Gutenberg, the powerful new block editor. With Gutenberg, you can intuitively create your blog content.
- Translation Ready: You can easily translate the theme into your preferred language or create a multilingual site. It’s fully compatible with plugins WPML and Polylang.
- Typography: It provides over 800 Google fonts to choose from and also lets you customize them fully to any color, size, and weight.
Besides, other features include RTL support, AMP readiness, layout options, plugins compatibility, secure code, etc.
Pricing: The Zakra theme is available for free from WordPress.org theme repository. However, its premium version is available for purchase on a monthly, yearly, and one-time payment basis. The cheapest personal plan starts from $6.99 per month.
As a multipurpose and customizable theme, OceanWP can be used to create any kind of website including a blog. It supports most page builders so creating a blog is easy with the visual drag-and-drop editor.
OceanWP is a free theme featured at WordPress.org and one of the most popular themes there. But it also comes with a premium extension bundle for more powerful options. The bundle includes over 20 extensions for options like a sticky header, pop-ups, Instagram feed, white-label, etc.
- Site Speed: Sites made with OceanWP are fast and show good grades as per speed testing tools like Google PageSpeed.
- Responsive: With responsive design, OceanWP is capable of adjusting well on desktops or any small screen devices.
- RTL and Translation Ready: Ocean WP supports Right to Left (RTL) languages. Also, it allows you to write blogs in different languages and translate them into other languages.
- SEO Optimized: OceanWP is built with light codes for ranking your blog well on search engines.
Its other features are demo import, post formatting, featured images, browser compatibility, etc.
Pricing: The free version of OceanWP is available at WordPress.org. It offers a package of 8 free extensions with the theme.
The Premium OceanWP provides 8 free extensions with 13 more premium extensions with all its plans. The offered planes are Personal, Business, and Agency with yearly prices $31, $63, and $103.
Designed for powerful blogs, Typology aims at keeping the design simple and focusing more on good content. It’s a popular blog theme used mostly by writers and authors.
The Typology theme is developed by Meks, a power elite author at Themeforest. It has made over 3,300 sales with a perfect 5-star average rating and good reviews.
- Gutenberg Support: Typology has full Gutenberg support which lets you customize pages and posts it easily in blocks.
- Typography: It lets you choose from a variety of fonts and tune the styles, sizes, colors of your texts, and headings. It also lets you add drop caps (largest first letter).
- Responsive: It allows your blog to run seamlessly on any device; desktops or small screen mobile phones.
- Translation Ready: Typology is a translation ready theme. You can easily translate your theme and all the content into your desired language.
Besides, Typology is browser compatible, widget ready, GDPR compliant, and plugins compatible. It also provides setup guides, documentation, updates, support, and so on.
Pricing: Typology is available at $59 at Themeforest.net.
One of the best free WordPress blog themes, Ashe is perfect for blogs on any niche like personal, lifestyle, food, travel, fashion, and so on. It’s great for both a single user or multiple authors. It’s documented well and easy to use for beginners as well.
With Ashe, you’ll get several demos and huge customization options. It works well with most page builder plugins and lets you design a site easily by the drag and drop method. Besides, you’ll get sticky navigation, color options, layout options, slider, etc. to create your own unique blog.
- Multiple Authors: Ashe allows multiple authors to work on a single post at once.
- Typography: It has rich typography options with 800+ Google fonts and text adjusting options.
- Social Share: It allows visitors to share your articles to popular social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Translation and RTL Ready: It supports writing right to left (RTL) languages like Arabic. Also, visitors can view your article in their preferred language.
Besides, it provides other features like post formatting, responsiveness, GDPR compatible, SEO optimization, support, etc.
Pricing: You can buy the Ashe WordPress theme with regular or extended licenses. The regular license costs $29.99 while the extended costs $89.99.
Olsen is a lightweight and clean WordPress blog theme perfect for every category. You can create personal blogs or niche based blogs like fashion, health, travel, food, adventure, photography, etc. with Olsen.
The free version of Olsen is downloaded over 10,000 times from WordPress.org theme repository. Also, you can purchase the premium version with more powerful features from the official CSSIgniter website.
- Social Sharing: Olsen provides beautiful social share buttons for your blog. Using them, your readers can easily post your articles on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Translation Ready: It’s a translation ready theme, meaning that you can easily translate it into any language you want. With this, you can show your content in your readers’ local language and engage them well.
- SEO optimized: With lightweight codes, it’s an SEO optimized theme. It increases your blog’s chance of getting better ranks on search results. Besides, you can add external SEO plugins for better ranking.
- Typography: It provides a huge selection of fonts with tons of styling options. You can design your blog beautifully using these options.
Other features of Olsen include page speed, easy customization, plugins compatibility, page builder support, updates, documentation, mail subscription, etc.
Pricing: Olsen is available for free at WordPress.org but it has only the basic features. You can enjoy all of its features if you purchase one of its premium versions available for $34.30, $48.30, $55.30, or $174.30 per year.
The Rosemary theme is a lightweight blog theme popular for its classic, crisp, and stunning design. It allows you to create blogs for different industries like fashion, food, lifestyle, music, hobbies, etc.
Rosemary is a beautiful creation of Solo Pine, a Power Elite Author of ThemeForest. It has over 8,200 sales with good reviews and ratings from WordPress users.
- Gutenberg Editor: The Rosemary theme is fully compatible with Gutenberg. So, you can create and format your blog articles easily without using any code.
- Responsiveness: This mobile-friendly theme is capable of adjusting and running smoothly on every device including small-screen devices.
- Translation Ready: Rosemary is compatible with plugins like WPML and Polylang. With them, you can easily translate your website into a language of your choice or build a multi-language blog.
- Ad Boxes: You can include ads in your posts and generate revenue.
Rosemary allows you to add an elegant full-width footer with Instagram posts. Besides, featured blog slider, custom blog layouts, post formats, custom widgets, etc. make Rosemary theme one of a kind.
Pricing: Rosemary is available at $39 from ThemeForest.
Beautifully created by Tesla Themes, Epilog is a WordPress theme that is popularly used for blogs. Epilog is loved for its clean and modern design that is capable of engaging users. Besides, its huge layout customization options enable you to give a nice shape to your blog.
- Responsiveness: Epilog theme enables access to your website from any device including desktops, smartphones, and tablets.
- Color and Typography: It allows you to use a wide range of colors and fonts on your blog.
- Speed: The use of lightweight code makes your blog load super fast and optimizes its performance.
- Cross Browser Support: Epilog is tested across all major web browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE9+, etc.
Similarly, features like Gutenberg support, featured post slider, blog layout, Instagram feed, email subscription, social media integration, etc. make Epilog a great blog theme.
Pricing: Epilog is available from the official Tesla Themes website at $58.
Developed by Anariel Design, Amelie is a famous blog theme. It is popular for its ease of use and versatile editing. The detailed documentation and top-notch support from the developer team make it further easier to design your blog.
- Accessibility Ready: Amalie makes your blog accessible for everyone, including physically impaired and handicapped people.
- RTL and Translation Ready: It allows translation to various major languages. Also, it supports right-to-left (RTL) languages like Arabic.
- Typography: It provides tons of readable fonts and options on font styling.
- Responsiveness: It makes your blog responsive so that it appears great on desktops as well as small-screen devices.
Besides, the design elements, one-click demo import, page builder support, social integration, etc enhances the usefulness of Amalie as a blog WordPress theme.
Pricing: Amalie is available for free at WordPress.org which includes fewer features. More features and support are included in the premium version available at anarieldesign.com.
The pricing plans of Amalie premium are Standard, Premium, and Lifetime costing $59, $89, and $199 respectively.
Designed by Art studio Works which is an Elite Author of ThemeForest, Malina is a popular and best WordPress blog theme. It is an easy-to-use theme that requires no coding knowledge to design a beautiful blog.
Allowing a good navigating experience, the Malina WordPress theme provides a high-end retina display to the visitors. Also, it is compatible with Elementor which allows you to visually drag-and-drop elements to design your site.
- Gutenberg Ready: Being compatible with Gutenberg, Malina allows you flexibility in creating content. You can easily add text, images, audios, videos, galleries, etc. as blocks on your blog posts.
- Mobile-friendly: It’s a mobile-friendly theme, carefully designed for small screen devices like mobiles. Your audience will love your blog even when they’re reading it from mobiles.
- Email Subscription: You can easily add email subscription options on your blog using plugins. It supports almost all contact forms and email subscription plugins.
- Social Share: Malina lets you add social share buttons on your blog and enhance social interaction. Using them, your visitors can share your blog articles on popular social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
Other features like custom fonts, GDPR support, documentation, SEO optimized, footer Instagram posts, and much more make Malina a usable blog theme.
Pricing: Malina is available from ThemeForest at $19.
Hueman is a popular WordPress theme suitable for blogs and magazine-style sites. Hueman is an easy-to-use theme that lets anyone, including beginners, build blog sites easily. Its high-resolution display and easy navigation give visitors a good browsing experience.
It’s a premium theme created by PressCustomizr. However, it’s also available as a free theme at WordPress.org The free version is also quite popular with over 60,000 active installations and a 5-star rating on average.
- Fast Page Speed: Hueman is written with light codes for optimum performance. When tested on the Google PageSpeed tool, it mostly performed high page speed.
- Responsiveness: Hueman makes your blog fit seamlessly on every device including laptops, phones, and tablets.
- Share Buttons: It provides integrated share buttons for sharing your blog posts easily on social media.
- Ad Space: It allows advertisement spaces where you can import ads and earn money.
Font selection, extensive styling, unlimited widgets, support, documentation, etc. are other additional features of Hueman font.
Pricing: PressCustomizr offers Hueman Pro with 2 types of payment. You can either pay $59 yearly or $99 at one time.
It is a WordPress theme that is best for personal blogs and magazines. With its good design, the Bam theme is likely to attract visitors. The live customizer enables you to easily customize your site and see changes live.
Made by ThemezHut, Bam is a premium theme with lots of customization options and features. However, it also provides you a free version with limited features that you can find on WordPress.org.
- Gutenberg Compatibility: With Bam, you can use the powerful Gutenberg editor to create and format your blog posts easily.
- Typography and Colors: You can pick a suitable color and tons of Google fonts that match your websites’ appearance.
- Social Media Options: It provides share buttons to share blog posts on social platforms. Also, you can integrate your social media accounts into your blog site.
- Responsiveness: Bam makes your blog site responsive to allow access from every sized device screen.
Other features of Bam include homepage widgets, multiple demos, footer widgets, author details, copyright editor, and so on.
Pricing: ThemeHutz charges a one-time fee for all the premium licensing plans of Bam. The offered Single, Multiple, and Unlimited plans cost $39, $59, and $89 respectively.
That’s it. We’re sure that now you know the best WordPress blog themes popular in 2020. Also, we hope that you’re able to find a perfect theme for your blog.
If you know any other good blog themes, then don’t hesitate to comment below.
Also, check this related article on the best WordPress Themes for business.