Do you want to know the best email marketing services for small businesses? Then, you’ve found the right article.
Email marketing is an absolute must if you’re looking to further enhance your online presence and reach. However, contacting your customers and associates through emails manually is just impossible.
And that’s where email marketing services come into application! Using email marketing services, you can send automated emails to a large number of prospects with just a click. Like most businesses, you need to use some form of email marketing service to sell more.
Now, here we present the article on the best email marketing services and the things you’ll have to look at while choosing one.
What to look for in an Email Marketing Service?
Email marketing is a popular digital marketing strategy that involves sending automated promotional emails to a large number of users at once. Businesses use these services to run email campaigns to promote their business, build relationships, and gain audiences.
Now, email marketing services come in many features and capacities, each one uniquely suited to different needs. Thus, there is no hard and fast rule to picking an email marketing service.
However, you’ll have to look for certain things to find the best platform for your business. So, here are a few things you should keep in mind while choosing one.
- Ensure the platform has an intuitive interface for easy navigation and efficient campaign management.
- Look for robust automation features to streamline your email campaigns and save time.
- Choose a service with a variety of responsive and customizable templates for professional-looking emails.
- Opt for a platform that provides detailed analytics to track email performance and understand user engagement.
- Check for tools that allow easy organization and segmentation of your subscriber lists for targeted campaigns.
- Ensure the service integrates well with other tools and platforms you use, like WordPress, to enhance functionality.
- Prioritize a service that adheres to email marketing regulations and provides robust security measures to protect your data.
With that said, let’s dive into our handpicked list of the best email marketing services for your business growth.
15 Best Email Marketing Services for Small Business in 2024
1. Brevo (Formerly Sendinblue)
Brevo runs alongside more than 150 leading digital tools, from CRM to CMS, e-commerce, and more. It’s a feature-rich, cheap email automation tool that covers all of the basics for you. It’s easy to use and intuitive. Best of all, it comes with a free plan for you to get started.
With it, you can create a good email copy and broadcast it to the list of your subscribers. In addition, it lets you create various automated campaigns as well, like confirmations, welcome messages, date-based campaigns, etc.
Moreover, managing your contacts is easy with Sendinblue. You can easily group, segment, edit contacts, as well as see individual contact engagement on your mail.
Best Features of Sendinblue:
- Easily collect email addresses with landing pages and sign-up forms.
- Engage customers with automated messages, from welcome series to abandoned cart emails.
- Automatically segment contacts according to behavior, interests, and other attributes.
- Set up triggers with the workflow editor. Send messages across channels, from email to SMS.
You can get started with Brevo for free but comes with limited email per day. However, it comes with 3 premium plans that offer more advanced features.
- Starter: Costs $25 with unlimited contacts, 20k emails, no daily sending limited, etc.
- Business: Costs $65 with unlimited contacts, 20k emails, marketing automation, and more.
- BrevoPlus: It’s a custom pricing plan, with unlimited contacts, advanced automation, and more.
Bottom line: All in all, Brevo is a robust email automation tool that is well-desired for its cheap and easy solutions.
ConvertKit is an email marketing platform, used by bloggers, creators, and publishers, especially for selling digital products. Like all other services, ConvertKit also lets you promotional emails, newsletters, automated messages, and some advanced emails.
But, what sets it apart from other tools is its care for the customers. They aim to provide a good experience to users with an easy interface, support, guidance, and simplicity.
The best thing about using ConvertKit is its deliverable rate. So, you’ll have a high chance of reaching the users’ inbox, rather than spam or promotion tabs. As a result, you’ll have more people open your email and you can sell more.
Best Features of ConvertKit:
- Use the Recommendation tool to help you find creators and newsletters your audience will resonate with and recommend them to your list.
- The email designer gives you a simple way to design, build, and send beautiful email newsletters that connect with your audience.
- Create as many branded email templates as you like. Set one as the default so that nothing slows you down when inspiration hits.
- Inline styling options help you to add buttons, images or videos to your email with a simplified interface for a great writing experience.
You can get started with this tool for free which is ideal for new creators. But it limits you to up to 1,000 subscribers only.
But, it also has 2 premium plans that offer more advanced features.
- Creator: Costs $9 per month and comes with unlimited landing pages,m forms, broadcasts, etc.
- Creator Pro: Costs $25 per month and includes audience tagging and segmentation, free recommendations, automated email sequences, and more.
Bottom line: If you sell digital products and want to grow your business with email marketing, then ConvertKit is the best option.
Mailchimp is an easy-to-use email automation software that allows you to send emails as well as regular newsletters to your clients. With Mailchimp, you get plenty of features that include creating mailing lists, automated messaging, running bulk email campaigns, etc.
Additionally, you get full control over your email campaigns. From creating emails from scratch to analyzing campaign results. If you want to use Mailchimp, you can integrate it into website platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Wix, etc.
You can find Mailchimp useful for all kinds of ventures because of its extensive feature set and plans. Especially, small businesses could take a huge benefit as it offer a generous free plan, which is good for a start.
Best Features of Mailchimp:
- Effortlessly create on-brand content with generative AI tools and choose from expertly designed templates.
- Target customers with advanced logic like spending amounts, buying behavior, and predicted attributes.
- Analyze performance with custom reports, funnel visualizations, and industry benchmarking.
- Helps to trigger automation based on any of your data points to deliver more personalized emails and SMS to customers.
It’s available in both free and premium versions. With the free version, easily create email campaigns and learn more about your customers.
But the premium version has more to offer, and it comes in 3 pricing plans,
- Essentials: Costs $6.50 per month with 5000 email sends, 3 users, 3 audiences, and more.
- Standard: Costs $10 per month with 6000 monthly email sends, 5 users, 5 audiences, and more.
- Premium: Costs $175 per month with 150,000 monthly email sends, unlimited users, unlimited audiences, and more.
Bottom line: Mailchimp is a very useful email marketing tool, useful for all kinds of email marketing campaigns.
MailerLite is a robust email marketing tool created to provide tools and platforms for the all-around growth of small businesses. While being a powerful tool, it provides simplicity and ease in carrying out your email marketing campaigns.
Creating emails is supported by a drag-and-drop editor and rich text editor. Meanwhile, you can use custom HTML and templates for designing your emails.
Also, you can access its website builder tool if you want to create an online presence with it. Moreover, there are more features like landing page making, pop-ups, forms, list management, etc.
It’s more than just an email automation service. I.e. it lets you add newsletter forms to your site, create pop-ups, etc. to gain email subscribers and build relationships.
Best Features of MailerLite:
- Integrate e-commerce platforms, like WooCommerce, to embed custom product blocks and create email campaigns based on customers’ buying behaviors.
- Use this trigger to send automatic, targeted emails to subscribers in specific e-mail lists.
- Activate a workflow when a custom field in the subscriber profile is updated.
- Add up to 3 triggers for each automation, enabling multiple entry points for one workflow.
- Increase productivity, improve message clarity, and enhance creativity with a built-in AI text generator.
MailerLite is available to use for free but comes with limited features. So to get advanced features, purchase from its official website with 3 premium pricing plans.
- Growing Business: Costs $9 per month with unlimited monthly emails, 3 users, and more.
- Advanced: Costs $18 per month for unlimited monthly emails. Unlimited users, Facebook integrations, etc.
Enterprise: It’s a custom plan and comes with everything from the advanced plan.
Bottom line: MailerLite is an email broadcasting and automation service that strives to provide simplicity in growing your audience and running campaigns.
GetResponse is a simple email marketing service that gives you all of the basic features and more, in an easy-to-use, straightforward package. It’s feature-rich and can be used by any sort of business or company.
It works especially well for people who are in the eCommerce market, as it can easily integrate with your WooCommerce or Magento eCommerce site, and add your contacts from there. It can also automate recommendations on that eCommerce site.
GetResponse is also good for you if you want sophistication. To clarify, GetResponse has a whole list of functions, and those functions can be linked together to get the software to do a whole string of actions. As a result, your workload will be drastically reduced.
Best Features of GetResponse:
- Recover sales by sending automated emails to remind customers about unfinished purchases.
- Seamlessly engage your audience with autoresponders, providing timely and relevant content.
- Connect with subscribers 24/7 through personalized automation emails.
- Create engaging emails faster with the OpenAI-powered email generator, saving time and effort.
- Design responsive and optimized emails effortlessly with the intuitive drag-and-drop creator, facilitating professional campaigns.
This premium email marketing software comes with 3 pricing plans.
- Email Marketing: For $19/month you can get an AI-powered email generator, autoresponders, AI campaign generator, and more.
- Marketing Automation: For $59/month you can get event-based workflows, webinars, advanced segmentation, contact scoring, and sales funnels.
- Ecommerce Marketing: For $119/month you can get marketing automation features, plus enhanced eCommerce integrations.
Bottom line: GetResponse combines powerful automation, creative tools, and diverse features to enhance email marketing efforts. The pricing plans cater to various business needs, making it a valuable solution for businesses.
ActiveCampaign helps you keep in touch with all of your clients through powerful email automation as well as managing contacts. Also, it’s easy and simple to use and provides a quick solution for your customer relations management needs.
Additionally, it offers a wide variety of features well-suited for business purposes, From the humble small business that wants to gain additional customers, to large corporations that want to further their reach, ActiveCampaign is equally useful.
Moreover, ActiveCampaign is also widely known for its wide variety of features, that one can almost get lost in. It’ll take a while to get used to all of the choices, but with time, you’ll get used to it.
Best Features of ActiveCampaign:
- With the site tracking feature, connect your CMS tool to track actions on your site, then follow up with triggered messages.
- Active Campaign will migrate your automation, email templates, sign-up forms, and contacts to ActiveCampaign for free.
- Easily track goal analytics and conversions to see what’s working and what isn’t in your marketing.
- You can figure out which marketing campaign automation gets results. Use performance and custom reports to find ways to grow.
- Using split action, find your top-performing automation by A/B testing your automation and email funnels against each other.
It’s easy to grow your business with Active Campaign’s premium plans. They are:
- Marketing: Costs $29 per month and is ideal for solopreneurs.
- Plus: Costs $49 per month and is ideal for small teams.
- Professional: Costs $149 per month and is ideal for teams that want to experiment and optimize their marketing efforts.
- Enterprise: Costs $259 per month and is ideal for growing teams in larger organizations looking to personalize their marketing at scale.
Bottom line: ActiveCampaign is very powerful automation software that you can use to make even 50-step automation.
SendPulse stands out in the crowded field of email marketing platforms with its robust and user-friendly software. It combines advanced automation features, personalization tools, and a straightforward user interface to make email marketing accessible yet powerful.
By integrating multiple communication channels like email, SMS, and chatbots within a single platform, SendPulse allows businesses to reach their audience through their preferred mediums, significantly improving engagement rates.
Best Features of SendPulse:
- Multi-channel marketing capabilities including email, SMS, and chatbots.
- Advanced email automation and personalization tools.
- User-friendly interface suitable for beginners and professionals.
- Detailed reporting and analytics for tracking campaign performance.
- A/B testing for optimizing email content and subject lines.
- Free responsive email template library.
SendPulse adopts a flexible pricing strategy that caters to businesses of different scales. It offers a free plan for basic email marketing needs, which includes up to 15,000 emails to 500 subscribers per month.
Paid plans start from a competitively priced tier, adapting as your subscriber list grows, ensuring that businesses only pay for what they need.
Bottom line: SendPulse is an excellent choice for businesses looking to enhance their email marketing thanks to its combination of affordability. Use the SendPulse documentation guide to send your first newsletter or set up automated flows of transactional messages.
HubSpot Email Marketing Software is the perfect email automation software for those of you who are looking for very customizable software at a cheap price. With more features than you can count, HubSpot Email Marketing Software brings a lot to the table.
And, although this abundance of features might be overwhelming for many beginners, with time and experience, you’ll be able to figure it out. This Software lets you tailor your emails to certain people by entering their personal information like age, gender, etc.
The best part is that there is a free version! Of course, it lacks some of the full-fledged features. But for a free tool, it’s pretty good.
Best Features of HubSpot:
- Use CRM data to create highly targeted ad campaigns and report valuable insights.
- Turn website visitors into leads with customizable popup forms.
- Publish blog content that drives traffic and conversions with integrated blogging tools.
- Capture leads and automatically sync them to your CRM with HubSpot forms.
- Easily personalize marketing outreach at scale with behavioral targeting features.
There are 2 pricing plans for Hubspots, “For Professional & Enterprises” and “For Individuals & Small Team.”
For Professional & Enterprises:
- Professional: Costs $800 per month
- Enterprise: Costs $3,600 per month
For Individuals & Small Teams:
- Starter: Costs $18 per month
- Professional: Costs $800 per month
Bottom line: HubSpot Email Marketing Software is great for people who want to spend a lot of dedication to their customers to further their relationship.
AWeber is an easy-to-use email marketing service that can suit just about anyone. It has a simple and easy-to-learn design. And although it’s simple, it can provide some complex functionalities when needed.
AWeber has plenty of templates to choose from, considerably more than other email automation software. And although a few of them might look a bit old-fashioned, there’s still plenty to go around.
AWeber also offers some basic market automation services, for you to sell more and have more reach.
Best Features of AWeber:
- You can create emails easily with an intuitive drag-and-drop builder
- Also, grow your email list faster with custom sign-up forms and landing pages
- Helps you to get more blog traffic, YouTube views, podcast downloads, Etsy sales, and more with an Auto Newsletter
- Easily segment subscribers and send emails based on recent opens, purchases, and more.
- You can increase website traffic by tracking which emails get the most clicks
You can use this tool for free, and create a simple email newsletter or build an an entire digital business. However, there are limits to the number of subscribers.
The good news is, that it offers 3 premium pricing plans that come with more advanced features. They are:
- Lite: COsts $12.50 per month and comes with unlimited subscribers, 1 email list, 3 landing pages, and more.
- Plus: Costs $20 per month and comes with unlimited email lists, unlimited landing pages, unlimited email automation, etc.
- Unlimited: Costs $899 per month and includes everything from the Plus plan. Also, you’ll get personalized account management, advanced reporting, etc.
Bottom line: AWeber offers a neat middle ground in terms of features, and is very straightforward for anyone to learn.
10. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is one of the most popular email marketing services out there. It is very feature-rich and a good email marketing software for all kinds of businesses wishing to further their reach. Especially, it’s good for small businesses as it can help gain customers.
Constant Contact offers you a level of social media integration that you have probably never seen before.
It’s also well suited for beginners, as it has a simple user interface that’s easy to use. For creating emails, it comes with a variety of templates to choose from. Also, the templates are customizable so, it could work for every business niche.
When you look at the price, you might think it’s also slightly more expensive than a lot of other alternatives. But, it’s worth it once you try.
Best Features of Constant Contact:
- Create a custom webpage dedicated to capturing new leads and share it via social, ads, and more.
- Seamlessly upload your contact list from Excel, Outlook, Salesforce, or wherever.
- Allows you to create segments that work for you using tags, activity, profile info, and more.
- create emails that stand out on any device with our easy-to-use email editor and hundreds of pre-designed templates.
- Easily check email opens, and clicks, and see who’s sharing your emails, then adjust your content based on what performs best.
Choose your perfect email and digital marketing plan from Constant Contact. Also, all the prices are based on the number of contacts.
- Lite: Costs $12 per month for single users, 1 GB storage, marketing CRM, etc.
- Standard: Costs $35 per month for 3 users, 10 GB storage, pre-built automation, etc.
- Premium: Costs $80 per month for unlimited users, 25 GB storage, custom automation, and more.
Bottom line: The Constant Contact email marketing tool provides ease in creating emails with tons of templates as well as a straightforward editing process.
Are you new to the eCommerce scene, and want a way to get to all of your customers, both as a group and individually? Well then, presenting Drip, the world’s first email automation software that’s specialized for eCommerce.
It’s perfect for any size of eCommerce store, ranging from small cottage industries that want to go online, to huge companies. Also, offers perfect integration with almost any sort of eCommerce software or platform, including WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, etc.
Certainly, things like this can dramatically improve your sales, and take your business and customers’ relationship to the next level.
Best Features of Drip:
- Drip helps to migrate your list, segments, and workflows over for you—for free.
- Use your segments to communicate with customers on an individual level, and keep them coming back to your brand.
- It comes with 20+ proven-to-perform workflow templates.
- Also, fuel your workflows with essential e-commerce data from Shopify, WooCommerce, LoyaltyLion, etc.
- Sync Facebook Custom Audiences with Drip segments and craft powerful marketing campaigns that align across channel
The pricing plans of Drip depend on how many people are on your list. For 2,500 people you’ll be charged $39 per month. It includes unlimited email sends, onsite campaigns, email support, etc. Plus you’ll get a 14-day free trial.
Bottom line: Drip is a must-have for any eCommerce website or company. It’ll help boost your company’s image as well as boost your sales.
12. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is an easy email marketing tool service provided with automation, broadcasting, as well as for analytics features. Over 250 thousand businesses worldwide use Campaign Monitor to reach their target audience and grow their business.
It offers ease in creating emails with a handful of templates with the drag-and-drop editor. Also, the emails created with it are personalized and responsive as well. It’s ideal for small to medium-sized businesses.
The most powerful feature of Campaign Monitor is its monitoring, detailed analytics, and reports. As a result, you can track the result of your campaign in the smallest detail.
Best Features of Campaign Monitor:
- Set the foundation for personalization by storing custom data like location, interests, or gender to make your campaigns more relevant.
- Use segmentation tools to send targeted content to exactly the right audience.
- Let your contacts take control of the data they share with you through the preference center, where subscribers can update their details.
- You’ll get to see where they’re located, which email client they use, and how they interact with your email marketing campaigns.
You can easily get started with the free version of Campaign Monitor from its official website by signing up.
However, it offers more advanced features with the premium plans. They are:
- Lite: Costs $11 per month with unlimited users, drag-and-drop builder, customizable templates, etc.
- Essential: Costs $19 per month with custom code templates, advanced segmentation tools, free image gallery, and more.
- Premier: Costs $149 per month with signup forms, mobile optimization, A/B testing, etc.
Bottom line: Campaign Monitor provides ease in creating emails, with powerful analytics and monitoring features.
Moosend is a godsend for those on a tight budget. We’ve talked a lot about free email marketing software, but Moosend takes it further. Moosend allows you to create your plan by adding the features that you need for a small cost.
Moreover, it’ll allow you to exclude the features that you won’t be using too much. That way, you can save a few bucks every month, and this can go a long way in the long run.
Best Features of Moosend:
- Take advantage of Moosend’s ready-made tested recipes or create your own with the flexible drag-and-drop builder.
- Divide your subscribers based on segments like past purchases and times they viewed your products.
- You can add every little detail of your subscribers’ actions to your criteria and make the best-targeted campaigns in the market.
- Build effective strategies and maximize engagement by tracking opens, clicks, social shares and unsubscribes.
- Make recipients click on your emails with the perfect prompt with Moosend’s Generative AI.
Moosend comes with 2 premium pricing plans and offers 30 days free trial. So you can try and decide whether to go with this email marketing tool or not.
- Pro: Costs $9 per month for up to 500 subscribers. It includes unlimited emails, automation workflows, landing pages, etc.
- Enterprise Plan: It’s a custom plan that includes everything from the Pro plan. As well as account manager, custom reporting, dedicated IP, etc.
Bottom line: Moosend is the perfect budget email automation service.
Campaigner is a powerful email marketing tool, used by small as well as large businesses alike. It’s very versatile, with features and plans to suit everyone.
Campaigner is perfect for anyone wishing to do anything from sending regular newsletters, to people who wish to send specialized messages to certain groups of clients or consumers. The most important feature of Campaigner is that it offers speedy email delivery times.
It also has a specialized plan for eCommerce sites that can be integrated with Shopify and Magento.
Best Features of Campaigner:
- You can create promotional bundles, monthly subscription boxes, exclusive offers, and product recommendations that align with your customer’s buying cycle.
- Automation provides you with opportunities to target sections of your list with different offers built to fit their needs.
- Send automated, real-time messages to your subscribers after a specific action has been performed on your eCommerce webpage.
- Easily build and implement abandoned cart emails and turn those lost customers into sales.
- Collect emails on your store with subscription box pop-ups and grow your base of target customers through customizable forms.
- Starter: Costs $59 per month with up to 5k contacts, and more.
- Essential: Costs $179 per month with up to 25K contacts.
- Advanced: Costs $649 per month with up to 100k contacts.
- eCommerce: Costs $79.95 per month and comes with abandoned cart emails, Magento integrations, etc.
Bottom line: Campaigner is a versatile tool, useful for sending emails at short notice due to its quick delivery time and ability to have your emails not marked as spam.
Omnisend offers small businesses instant access to a versatile library of templates, ranging from Valentine’s Day to Mother’s Day. With over 100,000 eCommerce brands utilizing Omnisend’s email builder, it stands out for its user-friendly features and robust capabilities.
Omnisend provides a comprehensive suite of tools to streamline and optimize email marketing efforts. With its user-friendly interface, automation capabilities, and integration options, it’s an excellent choice for businesses.
Best Features of Omnisend
- Easily incorporate your logo, brand colors, and social media links.
- Enjoy multi-column layouts, Google Fonts, inline editing, autosave, and device-specific content hiding.
- Automatically add products from your store, include unique discount codes, and leverage advanced A/B testing.
- Utilize Campaign Booster to resend emails based on recipient behavior, and combine email and SMS seamlessly.
- Group audiences as Segments based on campaign activity, shopping behavior, and more.
- Seamlessly integrates with hundreds of eCommerce tools for enhanced functionality.
Omnisend offers 3 plans to choose from. Among them, there is a free plan and 2 paid plans for customers.
- Free Plan: Best for starting businesses or for exploring Omnisend. Includes 250 contacts, 500 emails/month, and 500 web push notifications/month.
- Standard Plan: Priced at $20 per month and includes 1000 contacts, 12,000 emails/month, and unlimited web push notifications.
- Pro Plan: Priced at $59 per month it includes 2500 contacts, unlimited emails, and web push notifications.
Bottom Line: Omnisend stands out with its intuitive email builder, versatile templates, and innovative features like Campaign Booster. With affordable pricing plans tailored for businesses of all sizes, it’s a powerful choice for effective email marketing strategies.
Here, we’ve presented to you the best email marketing services for small businesses. We hope you’re satisfied and hope your business will grow in the future.
Did you find this list useful? Then, let us know in the comments, and subscribe to our blog for more helpful articles.
Also, you can check our article on how to set up a WooCommerce store, if you’re looking to create one.
Or, do you want to learn more about email marketing? Then, you can check our exclusive email marketing guide right now!
Also, you can check a similar article on our picks of the best digital marketing tools to grow your site more with digital marketing.