Are you in search of the best Flickr WordPress plugin? If so, then you’re on the right page.
Well, there are different ways in which you can display your images on the WordPress site. However, you’re sometimes unable to display the images of your social media accounts. For example, let’s say Flickr.
In such a situation, you might use a plugin such as the Flickr WordPress plugin that can help embed Flickr photos into a WordPress site.
Hence, in this article, we’ve handpicked the list of best Flickr WordPress plugins for your website. Let’s start.
What is Flickr? Why Do You Need a Flickr Plugin?
Flickr is a popular photo-sharing platform that allows you to upload photos so that others can see them. Through this platform, you can share your high-resolution images and Flickr photos.
This platform isn’t just popular among professional photographers but also amateur photographers. To get started, all you need is to make a free account and you’re able to upload your photos to share with your friends and other followers online.
However, if you would like to display all of your Flickr visual content on your WordPress site, then you’ll need to use the Flickr plugin. On using these plugins, you’ll get many customization options to make sure that you simply display your content more stunningly.
Hence, let’s look at some of the best Flickr WordPress plugins that are currently available in the market.
11 Best Flickr WordPress Plugins for 2023
Here, we’ve short-listed some of the best Flickr WordPress plugins along with their unique features. So, go through each plugin to determine which is suitable for your website.
Unlike other plugins, it doesn’t require any proper permission to use it. Therefore, you’ll only need to provide your user ID.
- You can easily change the size of the thumbnail as per your requirement
- It has a well-integrated caching system for better performance.
- Also, comes with a more responsive layout to display your images in larger sizes.
- It supports both Flickr users and Flickr groups.
- You’ll have an option to randomize photos on display.
Meks Flickr Widget is a completely free plugin available to download from the official plugin directory of WordPress.org. You can also easily install the plugin from your WordPress dashboard.
Flickr Album Gallery is a popular Flickr WordPress plugin that lets you display Flickr Albums on your site. Besides, you can just use your Flickr API and Flickr Album ID to publish Flickr Albums on WordPress.
Similarly, with a smooth transition, you can display your Flickr album image that gives a soothing effect to your visitors. Also, some of its notable features are multiple columns, thumbnail limit setting, lazy loading setting, etc.
- This plugin allows you to add a gallery title.
- You’ll have a photo limit of 500 per album.
- Also offers a Lightbox image size setting option.
- Comes with 8 mouse hover effects and animations on album thumbnails
- Also, includes a lightbox, two-column layout, masonry layout, and more
Flickr Album Gallery comes in both free and premium versions. You can get its free version from the WordPress.org plugin repository.
Likewise, you can purchase its premium version from its official website which is available in 3 pricing plans:
- One Website License Plan: Costs $29 with all pro features.
- Five Website License Plan: costs $99 with all pro features.
- Multiple Website License Plan: Costs $149 with all pro features.
With 10,000+ active installations, the Photonic Gallery Flickr plugin is yet another popular Flickr WordPress plugin. It lets you create image galleries for social media accounts like Flickr, Facebook, Google Photos, etc.
For more advanced security, set up authentication to allow visitors to see private and protected images from each provider. In fact, you can display your beautiful galleries in multiple forms, justified grid, masonry layouts, etc.
- Provides deep-linking support for non-WordPress images.
- Plus, it provides you with an option to use your own shortcode for Photonic galleries.
- It has a responsive gallery layout to display images with large sizes.
- Offers gallery and lightbox support for videos as well
- Also, it fully supports the Gutenberg block editor.
This is a 100% free WordPress Flickr plugin available to download from the official plugin library of WordPress.org.
Next, we’ve Photo Gallery by 10Web that lets you build beautiful Flickr mobile-friendly galleries for your WordPress site. You can add images, and pictures directly to your blog from the WordPress media library.
Additionally, it comes with 4 widget options WP Standard Tag Cloud, Dynamic Tags Cloud, Slideshow, and Gallery widget. These widgets help display your albums on the sidebar of your website.
- You can use 15 different slideshow effects to display your media content in a responsive lightbox.
- Fully customizable option to organize your galleries and albums.
- This plugin also supports audio and video media.
- Comes with a watermarking feature to add text or image watermarks on the photos.
- Also allows you to add social sharing buttons.
Photo Gallery by 10Web is a freemium plugin that comes in both free and premium versions. You can download its free version from the official WordPress.org plugin repository.
Whereas, the premium version is available in 2 pricing plans on its official website.
- Basic Plan: Costs $30 for 1 Site with 6 months of access to updates and support. It includes 10 gallery/album views, 15 lightbox effects, etc.
- Pro Plan: Costs $60 for 5 Sites with 6 months of access to updates. It includes everything from the basic plan, 4 gallery widgets, etc.
Visual Portfolio is an excellent gallery and portfolio plugin for your WordPress website. This plugin is a great choice for photographers, artists, and designers, to showcase their work.
Besides, it has the ability to automatically fetch posts from your social networks, including Instagram, Flickr, and YouTube. So, you can easily integrate your social media content into your website.
- It offers a variety of pre-built layouts, such as Masonry, Justified (Flickr), Justifies, etc.
- Also, showcase your portfolio items and gallery images with beautiful skins like classic, fade, emerge, etc.
- It’s easy to customize with a gallery block.
- Creating galleries is a breeze using image sets directly within the block editor.
- Also, gallery images load progressively using lazy loading on demand.
This is a freemium plugin available in both the free and premium version. The free version is easy to download from the official WordPress theme directory.
Whereas, you need to get the premium version to use some of its pro features. It’s available on its official website with 3 pricing plans.
- Personal Plan: Costs $39 for single-site use. It includes all pro features and unlimited updates for a year.
- Freelancer Plan: Costs $139 for 5 websites. It includes everything from the personal plan.
- Agency Plan: Costs $239 for unlimited website use. It comes with everything from the freelancer plan.
Blog2Social plugin is an ideal solution for simplifying your social media strategy. Using this plugin, it’s easier to share your website content on various platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.
Moreover, it creates social media posts for your content and automatically post them at the optimal times for each network. Therefore, your content will be seen by the right audience, at the right time.
- You can manage all users’ posts and pages and share them on your channels.
- Also, easily save your social media post as a draft.
- It auto-generates hashtags from the tags of your posts.
- Ability to edit the meta tag information of your post and pages.
- Easily customize your social media post with unique personal comments, handles, emojis, and images.
Blog2Social is easy to download from the official WordPress theme directory for free.
Also, you can upgrade it to the premium version from its official website which comes in 3 pricing plans.
- Smart Plan: Costs $7 per month billed annually for 2 websites. It includes sharing posts on 17 social networks, re-sharing, and more.
- Pro Plan: Costs $11 per month billed annually for 5 websites. It includes sharing posts on 18 social networks, auto-posting, etc.
- Business / Agency Plan: Costs $29 per month billed annually. It includes sharing posts across 19 social networks, scheduling, calendars, and more.
Essential Grid Gallery is a powerful WordPress gallery plugin that lets you create beautiful media galleries and grids on WordPress. Best of all, you can draw images from various sources.
For example, you can create automated grids and showcase your content on other social media networks. Such as YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and also Flickr.
On top of that, it also includes a beginner-friendly visual skin editor. this features lets you create any number of additional skins for your gallery.
- You’ll have access to boxed, full-width, and full-screen layouts.
- It offers over 50+ starter grid templates library.
- Ability to adjust rows, column, and spacings of each images.
- Also, comes with a customizable transition speed.
- This is a responsive and mobile-optimized plugin.
Essential Grid Gallery is a premium plugin available on CodeCanyon.net for $69 with 6 months of regualr licence. Also get 12 months of extended licence for an extra $24.
Justified Image Grid is a powerful and responsive WordPress grid plugin. It lets you display your photogenic content in a modern, clean, and striking way. With this, you can organize your images into a balanced horizontal photo grid.
Additionally, you can use it to display the gallery or the lightbox only to the paid/subscribed members. You can even hide the number of thumbs/likes but still, you’ll see all images in the lightbox.
- It comes with lightning-fast galleries with CDN compatibility.
- Also, your images would retain their original aspect ratio as you display them on your website.
- Plus, for a more uniform or fuzzy grid, you can redefine the shape of the thumbnails.
- Allows you speed up the gallery loading and expand it with just a click.
- It also supports animated GIFs and transparent PNG.
Justified Image Grid is a premium WordPress plugin available at CodeCanyon.net for $29 with 6 months of regular support. Also get the 12 months of extended support for an additional $9.
Gallery Photo Album plugin is a must-have tool for creating stunning galleries. Using this plugin, you can create filterable image galleries, photo albums, portfolios, and more.
Besides, this versatile plugin supports a wide range of video and audio formats. So, you can embed videos from YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, and other sources into your galleries effortlessly.
- You can create an unlimited number of galleries or albums.
- It comes with adjustable Gallery Rows/Columns/Spacings.
- You’ll have various animation types for slider or Lightbox gallery.
- Also, it’s fully CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheet) compliant with text shadowing, box shadowing, gradients, etc.
- Offers color picker for unlimited color combinations.
Get this gallery plugin for free from the official plugin repository of WordPress.org.
Also, get the pro version from its official website for $29 with uses on 3 sites.
Animated Live Wall plugin is an excellent tool if you want to showcase photos with a bit of flair. This plugin helps to bring your photo albums and feeds to life with beautiful animations and layouts.
Moreover, you can create eye-catching, animated layouts that display your albums or feeds on any page. Also, it supports both Instagram and Flickr feeds. Hence, making it easy to showcase your content from social media platforms.
- You can choose from many animation styles like fade, scale, hide-show, etc.
- Also, you’ll be able to set a specific time interval between each photo.
- Plus, it includes a beautiful Lightbox feature that allows you to showcase your gallery in a larger popup mode.
- It’s a responsive gallery that works according to your device’s display resolution.
- Additionally, you can add video, text, and links to your animated wall.
Animated Live Wall is a freemium WordPress Flickr plugin. You can get the free version from the official plugin directory of WordPress.org.
Whereas, the premium version is available on its official website with 3 pricing plans.
- Personal License Plan: Costs $29 with the use of a single website.
- Business License Plan: Costs $116 with uses on 5 websites.
- Developer License Plan: Costs $261 with uses on 10 websites.
Album Photostream Profile is a PHP API-based Flickr gallery WordPress plugin that is built using Bootstrap responsive CSS. It lets you display your Flickr account albums and photostream on your WordPress site.
Furthermore, it displays the photos as a gallery, unbranded slideshow, or a gallery. Other notable features include responsive design, a simple and easy admin gallery, and compatibility with every web browser.
- It offers multiple column layouts like large desktops, tablets, mobile, etc.
- You can customize your galleries with multiple color options.
- Able to use user ID and API key to start to create galleries.
- Comes with 30+ hover effects album and photostream.
- Also, it has multiple responsive lightboxes with thumbnails.
This is a free Flickr WordPress plugin available at WordPress.org’s official plugin repository.
Whereas, you can purchase their pro version from its official website. That is available in 3 pricing plans:
- Personal License Plan: Costs $25 with uses on a single site.
- Business License Plan: Costs $99 with uses on 5 websites.
- Developer License Plan: Costs $149 with uses on 10 websites.
How to Embed Flickr Photos in WordPress? (Step-by-Step)
We just looked at a few of the best Flickr WordPress plugins. These are quite popular ones for displaying your Flickr albums and photostream on your WordPress site.
Anyway, now we’ll look at how we can embed our Flickr photos in our WordPress site using one of these plugins. For now, we’ll go with the Meks Simple Flickr Widget to see how we can embed Flickr photos into our WordPress site.
Step 1: Install and Activate Meks Simple Flickr Widget
To install the plugin, log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Plugins > Add New. Following that, search for “Meks Simple Flickr Widget” in the search bar. After you’ve found the plugin click on the Install Now button and then click on the Activate button.
Step 2: Create a Flickr Widget
After you’ve completed and activated the plugin, it’s time to create a simple Flickr widget. To create a widget, you need to go to Appearance > Widgets.
After that, it’ll take you to a widget page where you can add and customize your WordPress widgets as per your requirements.
Now to create a Flickr widget, click on the + icon and search for the Meks Flickr Widget.
Next, it’ll open a new pop-up block for the Meks Flickr Widget from where you can add and manage all the Flickr images for the WordPress site.
Step 3: Embed Flickr Photos
Now it’s time to add Flickr photos to your WordPress site. To do so first give a suitable name to the widget such as Flickr Photos.
After that, it’ll ask you to enter your Flickr ID. This ID is nothing but just a numerical user ID of your Flickr account. Usually, your Flickr ID should look like 23100287@N07.
You can get your Flickr ID number from the URL of your photostream. If you look at the URL (http://www.flickr.com/photos/username/) then, the place where you find the username is the actual Flickr ID number of your account.
Following this, you now need to enter the number of photos that you want to show in the Flickr widget. Likewise, you can even set the width and height of the thumbnails.
After providing all the required details for embedding the Flickr photos, click on anywhere on the screen. Finally, you’ll see that Flickr photos have been embedded into your WordPress site.
Also, don’t forget to click on the Update button to save your changes.
Congratulations! If you’ve been able to embed your Flickr photos into your WordPress site by following these simple steps.
That’s about it. These are some lists of the best Flickr WordPress plugin that helps you embed your Flickr photos into your WordPress site. We hope that you’ll agree with our list of the best Flickr WordPress plugins.
Lastly, we would like to recommend our favorite Flickr WordPress plugin i.e. Meks Simple Flickr Widget. It’s a simple-to-use Flickr WordPress plugin that just requires your Flickr ID to embed Flickr photos into the WordPress site
If you’ve any further queries about the best Flickr WordPress plugin, please comment below. We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.