Are you looking for the best alternatives to GoDaddy web services? Or looking for a domain name and hosting service other than GoDaddy to build your website? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place.
GoDaddy is one of the top domain registrars and web hosting service providers. They are the cornerstone of millions of websites on the internet. Moreover, it serves as a one-stop solution for the majority of your website’s needs, from scratch through completion.
However, it’s a good idea to look into the available GoDaddy alternatives before settling on a domain and hosting service. Not to mention that switching hosting regularly is inconvenient. As you’ll require hosting in the long term when creating your website.
So, in this article, we’ll reveal to you some of the best GoDaddy alternatives to make your hosting service selection easier.
Let’s get started now!
What is GoDaddy? (Overview)
To be specific, they have over 59 million domains registered all over the world. GoDaddy can assist you in locating the ideal domain name from a huge pool of options.
Moreover, it’s quite simple to look for domains with its domain generation tool. And once you conduct your domain search, you’ll be able to choose from 509 popular and premium domains. That includes extensions such as .com, app, .co, .net, .org, and more.
Furthermore, GoDaddy hosting plans equally come with a slew of amazing features. It has updated servers across the United States, Europe, and Asia. Consequently, this provides you with quick and reliable server performance ensuring that your WordPress websites run smoothly.
In addition, its hosting package comes with WordPress pre-installed and ready to use. As a result, you can enjoy WordPress’s richness and elegance without having to worry about any technical concerns.
Not to mention, GoDaddy is equally cost-effective and dependable. As a result, this makes it a great option for individuals who are just getting started with website creation.
Its extensive range of hosting plans, which cater to bloggers, businesses, and dedicated servers for large corporations, is the primary reason for its popularity.
Other features of the GoDaddy hosting service include:
- GoDaddy claims 99.9% uptime. However, if the server goes down, then you can get a discount.
- Built-in security to safeguard both your website and the personal information of your website visitors.
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates are automatically deployed, certified, and updated, saving your time and effort.
- It also takes care of those bothersome software and security updates so you don’t have to.
- Gives you complete control over your store’s operations. Everything is taken care of, from payments and delivery to product displays and category names.
- All hosting plans include complimentary email services. However, depending on the hosting options, the email volume varies.
- Comes with Content Delivery Network (CDN) Boost, which speeds up the loading of your website by up to 50%.
- If you wish to become a domain reseller, then GoDaddy provides you the option to auction your domain names.
Besides hosting and domain registration service, it provides other various resources and tools that global entrepreneurs need to flourish online. Without a surprise, you now understand why this service provider is so well-known among IT pros.
In a nutshell, GoDaddy is, without a doubt, an all-in-one option for launching your online business.
Doesn’t GoDaddy appear to be the ideal domain registrar and hosting service provider? However, this may not be the case for everyone. Let’s have a closer look at why it’s so.
Why Do You Need a GoDaddy Alternative?
Without a question, GoDaddy is one of the greatest domain and hosting services on the market. At the same time, it has a few flaws and drawbacks that make you search for GoDaddy alternatives. Such as:
1. Customer Reviews
To begin with, real customer reviews are the authentic source of information to know whether a platform or service provider is good or not. Moreover, many real customers have voiced their displeasure with GoDaddy’s hosting service.
Furthermore, they claim that GoDaddy is not as good as it sounds or is marketed. Also, few real customers have expressed their dissatisfaction with the unnotified shutdown of the server. As a result, this has negatively impacted the customers’ website.
According to Trustpilot, GoDaddy has a TrustScore of 4.6/5 (35881 reviews), with 12% of those giving it a one-star rating.
Similarly, if you look at the G2 Search review rate, then you’ll see that it’s 3.9/5 (748 reviews). This is less than some of the other major hosting service providers.
2. Expensive Renewal Charge & Additional Fees
GoDaddy indeed offers website hosting at quite a reasonable price. However, you must pay for your hosting service on a 3-year basis to get a good deal. And that’s an excessively long length of time.
Moreover, though the initial charge is quite low, you’ve to pay a considerably lumpsum amount of money at the time of renewal. This factor makes it quite undesirable for the people.
For example, you can check out the web hosting pricing plans. There, you’ll see that the initial cost of the Economy package is $5.99/month which is a 3-year term package. And, the renewal cost is 8.99/month. And, same is the case with other hosting packages such as Deluxe, Ultimate, or even Maximum.
In addition, after the initial year, you’ll have to pay a slew of additional fees. To enjoy the full functionality of this hosting platform.
Such as; the free domain offer is only valid for the first year of purchase. After that, you’ll have to renew at the then-current renewal pricing. And, this is similar to the case with SSL Certificate. SSL Certificate will automatically renew after the initial free year at the then-current price until it is canceled.
As a result of this policy, you might be fed up with the extra additional costs. Thereby, we feel this hosting service is not an authentic one.
3. Poor Support
Good customer support is one of the essential criteria of any service provider. As you never know when you might run into a serious problem and might need urgent help from the service provider.
So if you check out the ReviewSignals report, then GoDaddy scored low across the board.
With a total of 132833 reviews, GoDaddy scored a 45% rating, with 59382 favorable reviews and 73451 critical reviews. Also, it received only a 44% rating for its customer service. The majority of other alternative hosting solutions, on the other hand, fared admirably.
Nonetheless, there’s no need to be concerned! There are a plethora of other companies that are just as fantastic as GoDaddy. And many of them fit you better than you realize and can match your specific hosting needs.
Now, we’ll go over all of the GoDaddy alternatives and see how they compare favorably against GoDaddy.
So, let’s get down to business.
7 Best GoDaddy Alternatives & Competitors for 2022
We’ll take a look at some of the best GoDaddy alternatives and the traits that characterize them. Go through all of the details of these GoDaddy alternatives so that you can pick the one that best meets your requirements.
As its name suggests, Namecheap offers cheap domain names for your website. If you want to start a website on a low budget, then Namecheap is your angel savior. Here, you can buy a .com domain for just $5.98/year. Or you can subscribe to its hosting plans starting from $1.88/month and get a free domain.
Importantly, this hosting service comes with a cPanel. This allows you to completely administer your website from your browser. In addition, it provides adequate security and speed features for both personal and business sites. As a result, you can maintain a high-traffic website without suffering any downtime.
Furthermore, it offers a variety of low-cost hosting alternatives for everyone from novices to large corporations. This makes it one of the preferred domain registrar and hosting service providers.
Namecheap Key Features & Advantages over GoDaddy:
- Cheap but reliable domain registration service. You can get a .com domain for just $5.98/year.
- Namecheap Domain Generator service allows you to enter up to 5000 domains or keywords. And then, you’ll get to select your preferred domain from the generated list.
- Offers you SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) to access your files.
- Provides free access to its CDN to speed up the caching and delivery of your site’s content from worldwide servers.
- Secure email hosting is also available, as well as the ability to exchange or sync emails, appointments, calendars, and tasks among your contacts.
- It has a simple interface that allows you to backup and restore all of your information with just one click.
- Comes with unlimited bandwidth so that your site doesn’t slow down when a huge number of visitors visit the site.
- A Softaculous app installer is included. This allows you to install, maintain, and update WordPress in a matter of seconds.
- Provides a domain name as well as a free privacy protection capability for your website.
- The basic plan, i.e. Stellar plan, doesn’t include daily backups.
- Its Cloud Storage is available only with US and EU data centers.
- Personal name servers are not included in either the Stellar or Stellar Plus package.
Talking about the pricing, Namecheap offers many domains with reasonable pricing such as:
*If you’re registering your first domain, then Namecheap offers you a .com domain for just $5.98/year. Use promo code ‘NEWCOM598’ to get this deal.
Not only that, Namecheap offers some popular domains with .store, .link, etc. for just 99 cents. Check Namecheap’s 99 cents domain names.
Namecheap offers 3 cheap web hosting plans in its yearly package.
|Plan Features||Stellar||Stellar Plus||Stellar Business|
|Initial Cost (2-year term)||$1.58/month||$2.68/month||$4.68/month|
|No. of Websites||3||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|SSD Storage||20 GB||Unlimited||50 GB|
|Free Domain Name||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free SuperSonic CDN||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Support and User Reviews
Likewise, talking about the customer support service, Namecheap provides decent customer service to its service users. It includes a dedicated and professional WordPress team that is available 24/7. They are well versed in troubleshooting, server management, and other related topics.
Moreover, it also has a help center and knowledge base section on its official website. There you can get solutions to the most common questions, FAQs, and so on. You’ll also find a wealth of information on hosting, domains, security, apps, and other topics.
In addition, you can also approach customer service and chat with the support team using Namecheap’s dashboard.
Now, if you check out the Trustpilot scoring, then Namecheap scores a 4.4 out of 5-star rating. It’s as per the evaluation of over 11170 users. Check more recent reviews.
Similarly, according to G2 Reviews, Namecheap gets 4.3 out of 5-star, that’s evaluated by 58 real users. Check more recent reviews.
Namecheap provides the ideal combination of tools to help you get the most out of your hosting and domain subscription. It’s a one-stop-shop to get all the services from launch to the success of your website.
Namecheap provides the most affordable domain names for small websites. You can get a .com domain for just $5.98 by using promo code ‘NEWCOM598’. It’s available when registering your first domain with them. Also, there are many more great deals available for you!
Also, it protects your online privacy free. Moreover, it contains information about your WHOIS data, client accounts, and other services. Consequently, this helps you to protect your website from hackers, spammers, and other unethical activities.
When it comes to shared hosting packages, Namecheap is significantly less expensive than GoDaddy. This paves a way to get your personal and company websites hosted for a low cost.
Furthermore, it claims to provide a 99.9% uptime guarantee to ensure that your website runs smoothly. Not to mention, it also comes with a 30-day free trial and price flexibility.
Without a doubt, Namecheap takes care of everything, including security, backups, updates, domain management, and any other scopes of site-building. As a result, it easily qualifies as one of the top GoDaddy alternatives.
Cloudways is one of the best GoDaddy alternatives available with a performance-oriented strategy. It’s one of the best managed cloud hosting service providers to host your website.
And the best part is, it offers you the choices of selecting from among the leading IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) companies. For instance, you can choose cloud platforms such as DigitalOcean, Google, AWS, and others to host your website.
Cloudways don’t provide a domain registration service so you need to get one from the domain registrars. But when it comes to getting a hosting plan, then Cloudways has very affordable prices. The starting price is just $12/mo for a Premium DigitalOcean hosting service.
Other than that, Cloudways offers dedicated resources for each server. As a result, you can make the most of your server. No doubt, it has been relied upon by over 250,000 new enterprises, agencies, and individual websites.
Cloudways Key Features & Advantages over GoDaddy:
- Cloudways is a visual website management platform and a cPanel alternative that takes half the time and has half the clicks.
- Features a built caching system that uses Varnish, Memcached, and Redis to improve the speed of your WordPress site.
- Integration with Breeze (an in-house cache plugin) for a seamless site hosting experience.
- You can whitelist IP addresses and gain unregistered access across various networks using SSH and SFTP.
- Provides a distinct staging environment. You can test application upgrades there without affecting your live site.
- Works with PHP 5.6 and the most recent version of PHP 8.0. As a result, you can test compatibility and swap versions as needed.
- Offers SSD disks that provide faster and more reliable performance than traditional disks, meeting the needs of digital websites.
- It includes the intelligent assistant CloudwaysBot to keep you informed about your cloud server’s condition.
- Newcomers might feel it is somewhat technical due to its extensive feature set.
- It doesn’t include a free domain or email address. You’ll have to buy it separately.
- You’ve to pay extra for premium support service. Consequently, this adds up to the dual cost of the actual cloud service used.
The following premium pricing options are available for Cloudways’ hosting service on the DigitalOcean cloud platform:
|Plan Features||1st Plan||2nd Plan||3rd Plan||4th Plan||5th Plan|
|Initial Price Per Month||$12||$26||$50||$96||$160|
|No. of Websites||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Bandwidth||1 TB||2 TB||4 TB||5 TB||6 TB|
Support and User Reviews
Along with good hosting service, Cloudways equally provides excellent customer service. Real users mention that its customer service is quite praiseworthy.
Furthermore, Cloudways support is split into 3 categories. They are – Standard Support, Advanced Support-Add-on, and Premium Support-Add-on.
Typically, Standard Support is sufficient for the majority of customers. It’s available to you free of cost and offers live chat assistance 24/7/365. This assistance is available through any operation on the Cloudways platform. Also, every request is forwarded to a member of the support team who has been specially trained.
Meanwhile, you can also upgrade to Advanced and Premium Support for quick response time. Not to miss, this support will set you back $100/mo and $500/mo, respectively. This is particularly advantageous for organizations and corporations that can afford such additional assistance.
Similarly, Cloudways receives 4.6 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot, which is fantastic. In addition, over 1270 genuine consumers have rated these reviews. Check more recent reviews.
Meanwhile, according to G2 Reviews, Cloudways receives a 4.8 out of 5 rating from 290 consumers. That’s also fantastic. Check more recent reviews.
Cloudways’ hosting service combines the right strategies to help you get the most out of your managed hosting plan.
The user interface on Cloudways is basic and straightforward, making customization a breeze. Moreover, it includes all of the necessary server optimization tools. Consequently, this helps you to launch your cloud server without getting bogged down in manuals or debugging error messages.
There’s no need to be concerned about anything. From the initial setup to ongoing server maintenance, everything is taken care of. Whether it’s security, backups, updates, or any other technological concern, Cloudways got you covered.
Moreover, it comes with a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate that complies with all HTTPS standards. Meanwhile, you’ve to pay extra after the expiration of the purchase period in GoDaddy. This adds up to one more reason to make Cloudways one of the best GoDaddy alternatives.
Although it is more costly than GoDaddy, the services it provides are indisputable. It also offers a pay-as-you-go option, allowing you to pay only for the services you use. You can consider upgrading if your existing plan is no longer enough.
Cloudways makes you focus on creating and expanding your website rather than worrying about hosting. It’s unquestionably worth the money spent, making it one of the best and top GoDaddy alternatives on our list.
Nexcess is one of the other best GoDaddy alternatives that provide you with a managed WordPress hosting service to host your website. It’s most renowned for its blazing speed, enhanced security, inherent scalability, and dependable support.
Moreover, it monitors the underlying infrastructure, administers, and optimizes WordPress websites as part of its managed hosting solution. No doubt, it’s a go-to WordPress expert.
Besides, it also includes a diverse set of fully managed hosting services for several CMS platforms. Apart from WordPress hosting, it includes hosting solutions for WooCommerce, Drupal, Magento, etc. Also, there’s Nexcess’s Cloud Hosting solution for fast and advanced services.
If you’re creating an eCommerce site, then you can use StoreBuilder by Nexcess. It’s an eCommerce builder specially designed to sell your products with ease.
Not to mention, there’s the Nexcess Domain Registration service from which you can find your perfect domain. Just search for the domain you want for your site to check the availability. Then, enter and order the domain you want for your site with Nexcess. It takes about $15/year for a .com domain.
Nexcess Key Features & Advantages over GoDaddy:
- Provides 8 data centers across the globe to choose your server location.
- Equipped with powerful PHP8+ Redis, Elasticsearch, and auto-scaling technologies.
- Engineered for better application performance with the latest version of the Apache webserver.
- Integrated CDN and sophisticated image compression enable your website to perform at a high level.
- From the control panel, you can see detailed server stats, visitor tracking, and more.
- Premium technologies, such as iThemes Security, are included. This helps you to keep an eye on the security of your website at all times.
- Domain Name System (DNS) is used to connect the browser and the server. Users will be able to locate your website more rapidly this way.
- Provides a plugin performance monitor as well as easy-to-use automated plugin upgrades for your website.
- Easily migrate your website with a dedicated migration team to guide you throughout the process.
- You’ve to pay an extra charge for your domain name. The starting price for a .com domain is $15/year.
- It might be a costly hosting service for small-scale websites such as startups, blog websites, and so on.
The Nexcess Domain Registration service allows you to first search for the domain that can be in .com, .in, .site, etc. Then, as per the availability, you can choose your domain. The pricing plans differ for the yearly plan you choose. For example, a .com domain in a 1-year plan costs $15/year.
Nexcess offers the following pricing packages for managed WordPress hosting. They are:
|No. of Websites||1||5||10||25||50||100||250|
|iThemes Security Pro||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bandwidth||2 TB||3 TB||4 TB||5 TB||5 TB||10 TB||10 TB|
|Plugin Performance Monitor||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|30-day Money Back guarantee||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Support and User Reviews
When it comes to customer care, Nexcess provides a decent support service to all its customers.
It includes dedicated technical support teams to help you out with any problem that incurs while hosting your website. They monitor your servers, and mitigate risks time and again for the optimized performance of your site.
Not to mention that it offers support services in a variety of ways. It has a separate customer support page on its site. There, you get access to live chat with experts from their official website.
Moreover, it has a dedicated call helpline for Australia, America, and the United Kingdom. As a result, you can also request a support call from its team experts. Plus, you can also check out general, and other services questions and answers on their support page.
Now, coming to the user reviews, according to Trustpilot, Nexcess scores 4.6 out of 5 stars evaluated by over 407 real users. Check more recent reviews.
Similarly, if you check out G2 reviews, 3.6 out of 5 stars, out of which 57% have rated it as an excellent hosting service. Check more recent reviews.
Moreover, you can get the domain of your site from the Nexcess Domain Registration service right away. You won’t get a free domain and need to pay the cost of $15/year for a .com domain. However, it’s great that it comes with the domain registration service.
Plus, this hosting platform was built from the bottom up with hundreds of custom features and controls. Consequently, this ensures that your site content is delivered as quickly, as reliably, and as easily as possible.
In essence, Nexcess provides you with a wide range of capabilities to meet any of your complex website needs. Although the costs are slightly higher than GoDaddy, it’s better suited for enterprises rather than individual customers. If money isn’t an issue, however, it’s a wonderful option to consider.
Nexcess distinguishes itself from the competition by focusing solely on high-traffic websites. You’ll have access to all of the hosting resources you’ll ever need to realize your full potential.
GoDaddy, on the other hand, customizes its hosting service to fit the needs of every size website, whether it’s growing or scaling.
Nexcess is without a doubt one of the industry’s most popular managed hosting providers. As a result, it’s one of the best GoDaddy alternatives to go for.
Moreover, it also includes a free ‘Let’s Encrypt’ SSL certificate to help safeguard your site. Furthermore, it aids in the immediate improvement of your Google rankings. No doubt, it’s a very trustworthy and quick hosting choice for your website.
Plus, there’s a DreamHost Domain Registration service that costs $7.99/year for a .com domain. Also, every hosting solution offers you a free domain when you choose the yearly plan. And the cheapest DreamHost shared hosting plan costs just $1.99/mo.
In addition, it’s also a great place to start if you’re looking for dedicated hosting with a lot of features. Its dedicated servers make use of cutting-edge hardware and software to keep your website up and running at all times.
DreamHost Key Features & Advantages over GoDaddy:
- Features a customized control panel that allows you to easily alter domain information, email settings, promotions, and more.
- Provides your domain with a unique email address. This aids in the promotion of your website and the creation of a personal brand.
- There are no additional fees for hiding your data. The protection of personal data is always included.
- Provides a free DreamHost Automated Migration plugin to rapidly and efficiently migrate your site.
- CDN that duplicates your web content to servers all over the world. This way, visitors from any part of the world can access your site easily.
- Setup a staging environment to test new plugins, themes, or content with a single click.
- Includes advanced developer-friendly capabilities such as Shell Access, SFTP, WP-CLI, and more.
- Offers a limitless amount of disk space with automatic daily backups.
- The pricing schemes are quite limited in its shared hosting packages.
- You don’t get a free domain in monthly plans.
- Free domain registration will be removed if you don’t utilize the free registration within the first 3 months.
Coming to the pricing, DreamHost provides domains with reasonable pricing. They’re:
Note that, you can get a free domain if you choose a yearly-based hosting plan. Alongside the domain, you’ll also receive free privacy protection service.
Dreamhost comes with 2 shared hosting options you can choose from. Let’s check them below.
|Shared Hosting Plans||Shared Starter||Shared Unlimited|
|Starting Price Per Month||$1.99||$2.99|
|No. of Websites||1||Unlimited|
|Site Storage||50 GB||Unlimited|
|Auto WordPress Migration||Free||Yes|
Support and User Reviews
DreamHost’s customer service is dependable and responsive, ensuring that you get help when you need it. You can simply get assistance, whether you have a basic issue with your hosting account or require additional assistance with domain registration.
Moreover, it also has a comprehensive knowledge base. It contains years of web hosting FAQs that have been compiled into a vast, searchable collection exclusively for you. There, you can easily find relevant answers to discover any kind of updates on hosting.
Besides, it also has email and chat services. The answers to your queries are only a click away. Thanks to more than 20 years of web hosting experience and a pleasant, pro-level support team.
Meanwhile, according to Trustpilot user ratings, DreamHost has an aggregate rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars. That’s incredibly impressive. Furthermore, these reviews have been rated by over 2740 genuine customers. Check more recent reviews.
Likewise, according to G2 Reviews, DreamHost has a 3.7 overall rating out of 5 based on 70+ customer reviews. That’s also quite fine. Check more recent reviews.
Whether you’re a blogger, a small company owner, a web designer, or a developer, DreamHost makes it simple to get started online. It makes it quite simple to get a fantastic website up and running in no time. This makes it one of the top-notch GoDaddy alternatives.
DreamHost provides you with so many powerful features. A free domain, SSL certificate, professional email address, and privacy protection are just a few of the features available. Moreover, it also has its own DreamHost interface, which is more user-friendly than GoDaddy’s.
Talking about domain service, a .com domain costs just $7.99/year. And every plan in DreamHost offers you a free domain for a year when choosing a yearly-based hosting plan.
This platform’s capabilities and resources are pretty impressive. As a result, your hosted site will have a high uptime and fast loading speeds. In addition, DreamHost provides you with limitless disk space. Meanwhile, it’s limited to GoDaddy.
DreamHost shared web hosting plans are equally affordable and cost-effective. Not to mention, DreamHost provides a 97-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to try out the service before signing a long-term commitment. As a result, it’s a feasible GoDaddy alternative.
Without a doubt, DreamHost provides everything you need to flourish online without breaking the bank. Furthermore, real DreamHost users’ reviews and rating ratings confirm that it’s worth a go. Thereby, making it one of the best GoDaddy alternatives.
Another well-known and leading hosting service provider is Bluehost, that’s equally one of the good alternatives to GoDaddy. It’s one of the market’s oldest hosting service providers that powers over 2 million websites all around the world. Not to mention, it’s WordPress.org’s recommended hosting platform.
Similar to GoDaddy, Bluehost also offers you hosting and domain registration both in one package. Not to add, you get a free domain name for a year. So, the price of a .com domain is $12.99. Plus, the starting price of a shared hosting plan costs $2.95/mo.
In addition, Bluehost is an SSL-certified hosting service provider. You can protect your private information, eCommerce transactions, and other data with encrypted connections.
Bluehost Key Features & Advantages over GoDaddy:
- Domain owners can update, transfer, buy, and manage their domains all in one place.
- Includes a multi-layer caching system that boosts your site’s performance.
- Provides parked domains to store several domains for easy storage or future website ideas.
- Each hosting bundle contains 200+ edge servers located in different parts of the world.
- You’ll be able to easily transfer your website from another hosting provider to Bluehost.
- For additional control and flexibility, it offers VPS (Virtual Private Server) services.
- You can also put information about your local business online so that potential customers can contact you right away.
- Stores important website files and visitor information in a MySQL database for better website efficiency and functioning.
- Your data is backed up daily. They can also be restored with a single button press.
- With the basic plan, you can only create a single website.
- The Basic and Plus shared hosting plans do not feature automated backup.
- Spam experts for email are not included in the WordPress hosting Basic plan.
When it comes to pricing, Bluehost offers domains at the following prices:
Bluehost offers 4 different plans under shared hosting for your WordPress website.
|Plan Features||Basic||Plus||Choice Plus||Pro|
|No of Websites||1||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|SSD Storage||50 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Support and User Reviews
Bluehost provides quite a decent support service to its customers. It has a separate Contact Us page on its official website. From there, you can directly reach out to its team in any critical situation.
Bluehost’s skilled support team is available 24/7 for any kind of assistance that you might encounter. Chat assistance is included in all of its packages. You can also chat with the Bluehost support team right from your dashboard.
In addition, it also features a knowledge base section on its site. There you can get solutions to frequently asked questions, minor concerns, and so on.
Similarly, checking the report statistics as per Trustpilot, Bluehost scores 3-star ratings out of 5 that are evaluated by over 2250 real users. Check more recent reviews.
And, if you see the reports of G2 Reviews, then Bluehost has received a 3.6-star rating out of 5 stars from 218 people. That’s quite amazing. Check more recent reviews.
Bluehost comes with a slew of features that make creating a fantastic website a breeze. It’s the way to go if you’re looking for a low-cost, high-speed hosting service.
It has everything you’ll need to get your website up and running, from the ground up. It also optimizes creative freedom, marketing campaigns, statistics, and scalable growth for the best results.
This hosting service also comes with a domain manager. As a result, this enables you to manage, update, exchange, and buy all of your domains from one location. Not to mention, the price of a .com domain is just $12.99. And you’ll get a free domain service for a year with your hosting plan.
Moreover, it includes a free Bluehost website builder with all shared hosting plans. Further, WordPress connectivity, drag-and-drop capability, and AI-driven templates are all part of this package. This isn’t the case with GoDaddy.
Besides, you can list your local business on the internet, along with its address and hours of operation. As a result, this makes it easier to connect with local users right away. Plus, improves the performance of your WordPress website with a free CDN service.
Bluehost also provides you with a $150 Google Ads match credit when you host your first website. This will provide a boost to your company.
Thereby, making it one of the competitive and best alternatives to GoDaddy.
If you want to know about Bluehost in more detail, then check out our complete review on Bluehost.
InMotion Hosting is one of the top GoDaddy alternatives for hosting your WordPress website in terms of performance and quality. This hosting provider offers a variety of useful features, including a free site migration tool, premium plugins, SSL certificates, and more.
You’ll get fully managed cPanel servers running on cutting-edge hardware. They also provide exceptional DDoS protection and a network with a 99.99 percent uptime for security.
Additionally, it comes with WordPress pre-installed for easy site setup. As a result, you can start working on your WordPress site right away.
InMotion Hosting Key Features & Advantages over GoDaddy:
- Provides you with rich and responsive layouts along with free marketing tools to create and grow your site effortlessly.
- You can also utilize InMotion to build your own web hosting company and sell domains585 registered users.
- It employs cutting-edge technology such as UltraStack to give you the finest possible hosting experience.
- Comes with PHP-FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) to save server resources. This helps you load your site resources faster and improve performance.
- Offers enterprise solid-state SSDs that boost speed and performance by up to 20 times.
- With productivity-enhancing tools like Gmail, Meet, Google Drive, and others, you can set up a Google workspace.
- Contains free WordPress website migration tools to ensure a smooth transfer from your previous hosting service to Inmotion.
- WP-CLI is fully supported, as well as automated updates and other developer capabilities. This results in a fully-optimized WordPress site.
InMotion Hosting Cons:
- You don’t get the free domain in the Core plan.
- Price schemes are a little tricky because the starting price is low and the renewal price is a little high.
- For non-techies, it could be a bit of a technical hosting platform.
Any domain you own can be hosted on your InMotion Hosting account. You can also buy any.com, .net, .org, .us, .biz, or .info top-level domain that is available. The cost of registering an InMotion domain name is $17.99, which includes a one-year registration.
InMotion provides you with 4 pricing plans for shared hosting.
|Initial Cost (3-year term)||$2.49/month||$4.99/month||$4.99/month||$12.99/month|
|No. of Websites||2||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Speed & Performance||2x||6x||12x||20x|
|SSD Storage||100 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Support and User Reviews
InMotion Hosting has a network of WordPress hosting experts who provide excellent customer service 24/7. They have the knowledge and experience to expertly guide you to a solution.
Additionally, you’ll also have access to more than just live WordPress support. It supports its customers with an amazing library of over 5000 articles and tutorials. Also, it has a comprehensive online support center, customer community forums, a step-by-step education channel, etc.
This way, you’ll be able to quickly acquire assistance in the event of a hosting emergency. Aside from that, you can speak with a Solutions Expert to get the ideal hosting solution for your company. Not to mention the fact that the remedy to your problem is always nearby.
Furthermore, there are a few statistics if you want to know how good InMotion hosting is. According to the Trustpilot review, it receives 4.5 out of 5 stars. This is based on the feedback of 600+ real users, which is fantastic. Check more recent reviews.
Similarly, InMotion Hosting has received 4.2 out of 5 stars from 50+ people as per G2 Review. Check more recent reviews.
In essence, InMotion Hosting is a superb GoDaddy alternative if you want to build a completely customized website with a lot of features. It blends cutting-edge technology with a diverse array of hosting options.
Moreover, it also supports NVMe, or Non-Volatile Memory Express, in its hosting. As a result, this facilitates higher data transmissions between the storage systems and hardware devices.
Furthermore, if you’re tech-savvy, then it’s undoubtedly one of the best affordable WordPress hosting packages to pick from. As this hosting platform requires a little more technical know-how. Other than the shared plans, it also offers solutions like dedicated, reseller, VPS, etc.
However, if you aren’t tech-savvy, then this isn’t a major issue. It provides a plethora of self-help knowledge sources as well as adequate support.
The InMotion hosting package also comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee. Meanwhile, you get only a 30-day money-back guarantee in GoDaddy. As a result, it’s one of the best GoDaddy alternatives.
Another viable alternative to GoDaddy is HostGator, that’s equally decent and reasonably priced. Using HostGator, you can freely register your domain along with hosting your website. Else, the Hostgator domain service offers you to get a .com domain at $12.95/year.
Moreover, HostGator claims to provide a 99.9% uptime guarantee, ensuring that your website is always up and running. It also offers a free SSL certificate, just like other hosting services, to make your website safer. As a result, the connection between your server and site users is encrypted.
Further, you can choose a reseller hosting plan to build your hosting packages. WHM (Web Host Manager) is a powerful tool provided by HostGator for managing cPanel and server setups. Aside from that, you’ll get a free copy of WHMCS (Web Host Manager Complete Solution) i.e. billing software.
HostGator Key Features & Advantages over GoDaddy:
- Offers you Google Ads credit worth $150 and Microsoft Advertising credit worth $100 to boost your website’s traffic.
- All hosting options include 25 mailing lists and unlimited email aliases.
- Integrates with SpamAssassin to help protect your website from unwanted spam.
- Comes with a large number of distinctive themes to help you get started with WordPress quickly.
- Get detailed statistics and insights to help you improve your search engine ranking and attract more people.
- Servers are almost always accessible. As a result, you can trust this hosting provider to host your website.
- Provides a free cPanel to WordPress website migration service. In addition, during the first year, you’ll get a free domain. Then, a .com domain costs $12.95/year.
- Offers an eCommerce website builder with inventory, shipping, tax, and other management capabilities.
- 45-day money-back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with the service.
- You don’t get dedicated IP and SSL upgrades in its Hatchling and Baby pricing plans.
- Though the initial cost is low, the cost of renewing your hosting package is high.
- It doesn’t have any staging zones where you may test your site’s improvements.
HostGator provides your domains with the following domain registration pricing plans:
|Registration Price Per Year||$12.95||$12.95||$12.95||$12.95|
|Renewal Price Per Year||$18.95||$35||$17.99||$17.99|
HostGator offers the following 3 pricing plans for shared hosting:
|Plan Features||Hatchling Plan||Baby Plan||Business Plan|
|No. of Websites||1||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Free HostGator Website Builder||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free Domain Registration (1 year)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bandwidth & Disk Space||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|One-Click WordPress Installs||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Support and User Reviews
When it comes to HostGator’s assistance, all of its plans feature decent support that is available 24/7/365.
Generally, you get live chat and phone support for any kind of emergency. Moreover, as a favor to its customers, it runs in the background to offer frequent website backups. Other than that, you also get 24/7/365 hosting server monitoring.
Moreover, you can discover more about HostGator by checking out its blogs.
Meanwhile, if you check out the Trustpilot score, HostGator has received 3.7 out of 5-star evaluations from 1800+ genuine users. That’s quite acceptable. Check more recent reviews.
G2 Reviews, on the other hand, claims to have received an average of 3.5 out of 5 stars from 145+ users. Check more recent reviews.
In essence, HostGator is a low-cost hosting service to host your WordPress website. This hosting service is most recognized for its high uptime, which ensures that your site is accessible 24/7.
Whether you want to start an eCommerce store, a business, an agency, or something else entirely, HostGator hosting plans are perfect for you. As a result, it’s a suitable replacement for any medium to large company’s website hosting. Also, it contains hosting solutions like dedicated and reseller hosting.
HostGator also boasts the fastest server maintenance time, making it one of the most dependable GoDaddy hosting competitors. In addition, each hosting service includes a free website builder. If you don’t have strong technical experience, then its one-click WordPress install option comes in quite handy.
In addition, HostGator offers unmetered bandwidth in shared hosting plans, whereas GoDaddy does not. Another interesting benefit is that HostGator offers $150 in Google Ads credit, and Bing Credit worth $100, which is not available with GoDaddy. And thereby, it makes up one of the finest GoDaddy alternatives.
So, if you’re looking for such GoDaddy alternatives that are both feature-rich and affordable, then go no further than HostGator.
That’s all there is to it, guys! These are some of the best GoDaddy alternatives for your website’s hosting needs. We hope you find our list of the best GoDaddy alternatives to be helpful.
Lastly, if you’re still confused about which one to choose, then we can recommend it. Namecheap is a good option if you’re seeking one of the affordable GoDaddy alternatives. Meanwhile, if you have sufficient funds, then you can go for Cloudways, which is of our favored GoDaddy alternatives.
Please let us know your experience if you’ve used any of these hosting services. Also, feel free to leave thoughts and opinions regarding the best GoDaddy alternatives in the comments section. We’ll respond as soon as possible.