Are you looking for the best WordPress cookie consent plugins for GDPR compliance in 2021?
The General Data Protection Regulation, commonly known as GDPR, is a European Union (EU) regulation. It gives EU citizens the right to access and control their personal data on the internet.
The GDPR laws apply to all websites collecting data about people in the EU, regardless of where they’re located. That’s to say if your website is used by an audience from the EU region, then your site should comply with the GDPR laws.
So to help WordPress websites comply with these regulations, there are some WordPress GDPR plugins available. And, we’ve chosen some of the best and popular ones here.
However, it’s important to note that a single plugin cannot guarantee full GDPR compliance to all types of websites. So, you need to carefully choose a plugin based on your website’s nature and the types of data it collects. Also, we recommend you consult a GDPR law expert for complete guidance.
With that said, let’s go through the top GDPR plugins for WordPress that will make your website obey the rules.
Choosing the Best WordPress GDPR Cookie Consent Plugin
These are a few things you have to consider before settling on a WordPress cookie consent plugin:
- Provides the option of choosing which scripts should be banned automatically prior to consent and which should not.
- Scan the cookies used on the website automatically and add them to the cookie list.
- Supports multilingual websites.
- Keeps track of all visitors’ consents and their data, such as the cookies they’ve agreed to.
- Configures the GDPR cookie banner to only appear for visitors from the European Union (EU) based on their IP address.
WordPress has a large number of plugins but that doesn’t mean just anyone will do. We’ve listed below several plugins famous for making a website GDPR friendly.
Let’s take a look now, shall we?
14 Best WordPress Cookie Consent Plugins for GDPR / CCPA Compliance (2021)
We’ve put together a list of WordPress plugins whose features will help add to your website easily. We have no doubt you’ll find what you’ve been looking for after you’re done.
With over 1 million active installs, CookieYes is one of the best WordPress cookie consent plugins. You can use it to ensure that your website complies with GDPR, DSGVO (Datenschutz-Grundverordnung), CCPA (California Consumer Act), and LGPD (Brazilian General Data Protection Law). All of these cookie guidelines are necessary for inhabitants of various regions to protect their privacy.
Customization choices are offered to match the theme of your website. For example, you may alter the color of the cookie bar, the message, and how the button appears to users. You can also prevent any unwanted cookies from the website.
- You have the option of making the cookie notice bar disappear after a few seconds or accepting it as you scroll down.
- Is WPML(WordPress Multilingual Plugin) compatible.
- Cookies are automatically scanned and classified with a single click.
- It has a Cookie Audit module, which allows you to display what cookies your site uses.
The CookieYes plugin is free to use.
Cookie Notice & Compliance for GDPR & CCPA is a free WordPress cookie notice banner plugin that was created to take the uncertainty out of compliance for small and medium-sized websites. It can be set up and operated in a matter of minutes.
It comes with automatic compliance elements and improved design controls that make it a cutting-edge online application. You can personalize the cookie notification for your users by including links to your privacy and legal policies.
- It’s SEO friendly.
- Offers customization on notice messages.
- Allows you to set cookie expiration dates.
- Polylang compatibility and multilingual support
The Cookie Notice and Compliance plugin is free to use.
GDPR Cookie Compliance is considered one of the best WordPress cookie consent plugins. It comes with a customizable platform and two unique layouts. It not only informs users about what cookies are onsite but also gives them control over whichever ones they want to keep or delete.
This plugin supports base URLs from CDN(Content Delivery Network) services for those who utilize them. This means that no matter where visitors are in the world, you can always ensure that they have the most up-to-date policies. It is also multilingual.
- Place the Cookie Consent Banner where you want; at the top or bottom of your pages.
- Settings available for consent expiry
- Design is responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Attractive and smooth visuals for a better user experience.
The GDPR Cookie Compliance plugin is free to use.
The GDPR Cookie Consent Banner is one of the most popular and easiest-to-use WordPress cookie consent plugins available that applies to both the CCPA and the GDPR. You can simply install and activate the plugin to have the cookie consent notification bar appear automatically.
You can select scrolling as a closure mechanism if desired. It also gives you the option to show notices in a sidebar, top, bottom, or as a floating element instead of on certain pages. You can also decide on which pages or posts to not display the cookie notification.
- It is mobile-friendly and has translation capabilities.
- Option to only show the notice on the introductory page – the message will not appear on future pages viewed by the user.
- You can connect to an absolute or external URL for more information.
- Set the cookie timer on when it expires.
The GDPR Cookie Consent Banner plugin is free to use.
WP GDPR Compliance is a WordPress GDPR compliance plugin that allows you to add a GDPR checkbox to various parts of your WordPress website, such as comments, registration, and WooCommerce pages, automatically. However, users should keep in mind that using this plugin doesn’t guarantee that their site is fully GDPR compliant.
Visitors can also use this plugin to request access to the information contained in your database. It also gives users the “Right to be Forgotten” by anonymizing their personal information.
- Adds consents to offer your visitors complete control over their experience.
- Maintains a consent log for supported plugins.
- Adds visitor consent checkboxes to compatible plugins.
- Through encrypted audit logs and double opt-in mail, you have the right to obtain information.
The WP GDPR Compliance plugin is free to use.
Ultimate GDPR Compliance Toolkit for WordPress is a feature-rich WordPress plugin that makes your site GDPR compliant on its own. It provides users with unique data protection rights. You can also add consent boxes to any form on the website.
Users may export their data as a text or JSON file and have it delivered to their email by filling out specialized forms. You can also encrypt and save the user data with a unique identifier. Furthermore, unless the user consents, this plugin disables cookies.
- The cookie scanner in the plugin identifies all cookies and disables any that are undesirable.
- Sends a worldwide email to all users in the case of a data breach
- Has a redirect setting for your terms and conditions, as well as privacy terms, till the user consents.
- Makes user data anonymous
The Ultimate GDPR Compliance Toolkit plugin costs $ 21 and its support can be extended for an additional $6.
Complianz is a great WordPress GDPR /CCPA compliance plugin. It supports not just GDPR but also ePrivacy, CCPA, AVG, and other privacy regulations. A setup wizard greets the website operator and inquires about the legal jurisdiction of the website.
- You can use a custom CSS for cookie consent and notifications.
- Ability to categorize cookies into different groups
- If needed, automatically anonymizes IP addresses for Google Analytics.
- Gutenberg Blocks are available.
The Complianz plugin is free to use.
The iubenda is yet another all-in-one solution for meeting GDPR compliance requirements on your website. Its dashboard design provides you a bird’s eye view of all your digital assets, as well as how they comply with data regulations all around the world.
By providing completely customized cookie banners and blocking scripts, it allows you to automate the GDPR compliance procedure. It also enables manual blocking of all remaining resources without requiring direct code involvement.
- This is the only GDPR cookie plugin for WordPress that can detect more than 30 cookies. Google Analytics, Google Maps, Google AdSense and others are among the services available.
- It’s multilingual.
- Automatically includes its code in the top of every page of your WordPress website.
The iubenda plugin is free to use.
Total GDPR Compliance is regarded as one of the best WordPress cookie consent plugins available. With it, you can make your site completely GDPR compliant. It aids you in automating the many processes necessary, consolidating multiple services into a single location, and bringing you one step closer to satisfying the GDPR responsibilities.
You can select from 30 different customized consent templates. It also includes a permission box for many WordPress sections, including the basic WordPress login, registration, and comment submission, as well as other features.
- It’s responsive, and works on a variety of mobile devices with different resolutions.
- Users can request personal data that has been saved through email.
- Regulate your cookies and allow or disallow them to extract or store any type of data on the site, as well as block them.
The Total GDPR Compliance plugin can be purchased for $18 and extended its support costs an extra $4.88.
Because this plugin employs a mobile responsive design, your cookie notifications seem user- and search engine-friendly on mobile devices as well. It’s also WPML certified and compatible with a wide range of multilingual plugins.
- Set the cookie expiration date.
- Change color, location, and strings of the banner
- Before cookie consent, iframes, embeds, scripts, and objects are automatically blocked, with an overlay alert.
- You may disable cookies in posts, pages, and widgets by using the [cookie] and [/cookie] shortcodes.
The EU Cookie Law plugin is free to use.
CookieBot is a popular GDPR WordPress plugin. It’s a cloud-based solution that allows you to manage cookies and trackers in order to comply with GDPR rules. CookieBot provides a fully customizable consent banner that you can quickly include on your website.
This plugin allows your visitors to switch off some cookies while leaving others active. It also scans your site to check which cookies are in use and changes your cookie declaration accordingly. You can whitelist cookies that are required for your website to function. You may also conceal the cookie consent choices based on the location of your visitors.
- Cookie classification in terms of “strictly essential,” “preference,” “statistics,” “marketing,” and so on is supported.
- A user-friendly interface for changing or withdrawing cookie consent.
- All consent from users is saved in the cloud.
The Cookiebot plugin is free to use.
It directs people to the necessary page for obtaining their consent. It’s a highly compatible plugin that works with all of the most popular WordPress plugins, including WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, BuddyPress, and more.
- Educates users about the usage of cookies before obtaining their permission.
- You can change the plugin’s language to whatever you choose.
- Allows users to request that their stored data be corrected.
- Notifies all users about data breaches.
The Ninja GDPR Compliance plugin costs $19 and its support can be extended for an additional $5.25.
GDPR Framework was created with the motto “You don’t need to drown your customers in pointless acceptance checkboxes if you know what you’re doing!”. It is a fantastic tool for keeping track of personal information on a website.
- Users can provide their consent over a period of time.
- You can display a visual representation of your Privacy Solution
- Allows individuals without an account to instantly access, export, and delete their personal data
- It is developer-friendly; you can customize everything from templates to features.
The GDPR Framework plugin is free to use.
The WP Cookie Consent Notice plugin is a GDPR, CCPA, and e-Privacy all-in-one cookie notice and consent plugin. It features cookie blocking before consent, as well as detailed settings for enabling just particular cookie categories. This plugin is powerful, with many possibilities for customizing the solution to meet your needs.
It keeps a searchable log of all website users’ consents. Users can withdraw or alter their consent level at any time. Translations will no longer be an issue thanks to the plugin’s support for WPML. Users can also automatically opt-in if they utilize or navigate the web page.
- Post a completely customized notice with a “Do Not Sell” link that assists you in complying with the CCPA.
- It provides an easy-to-use admin area where you may enter details about the cookies used on your site.
- A cookie consent notification is displayed with the options ‘Accept’ and ‘Decline’.
- Users can choose whether to allow cookies from a certain category.
The WP Cookie Consent Notice plugin is free to use.
It’s as simple as that. These are a few of the best WordPress cookie consent plugins.. We’re positive that you’ve found our choices helpful.
Our team personally recommends CookieYes, the top contender on our list.
If you have any further queries concerning WordPress cookie consent plugins, please leave a comment below. We’ll do all we can to get back to you as quickly as possible.
If you liked our article, please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and colleagues. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep being updated about the latest WordPress topics.