Are you looking for the best WordPress cookie consent plugins for GDPR / CCPA compliance? If yes, then don’t go anywhere.
The General Data Protection Regulation, commonly known as GDPR, is a European Union (EU) regulation. It gives EU citizens the right to access and control their personal data on the web.
The GDPR laws apply to all sites collecting data about people in the EU, regardless of where they’re located. So, if your website is used by an audience from the EU region, then your site should comply with the GDPR laws.
Similarly, CCPA stands for California Consumer Privacy Act, which gives privacy rights and consumer protection to the residents of California.
So to help sites comply with these regulations, there are some WordPress cookie consent plugins available. However, a single plugin cannot guarantee full compliance for all site niches.
So, you need to carefully choose a plugin based on your site’s nature and the types of data it collects. Also, we recommend you consult a GDPR law expert for complete guidance.
Now, this article has the top WordPress cookie consent plugins that will make your website obey the rules. Let’s learn them!
How to Choose the Best WordPress Cookie Consent Plugin?
Before starting with the list, there are a few things you must keep in mind. And they are the factors to consider before settling on a WordPress cookie consent plugin:
- Provides the option of choosing which scripts should be banned automatically prior to consent and which should not.
- Scan the cookies used on the website automatically and add them to the cookie list.
- Supports multilingual websites, which means websites that can translate into multiple languages.
- Keeps track of all visitors’ consents and their data, such as the cookies they’ve agreed to.
- Configures the GDPR cookie banner to only appear for visitors from the European Union (EU) based on their IP address.
WordPress has a large number of plugins but that doesn’t mean just anyone will do. We’ve listed below several WordPress cookie consent plugins famous for making a website GDPR-friendly.
Let’s take a look now, shall we?
15 Best WordPress Cookie Consent Plugins for GDPR / CCPA (2023)
We’ve put together a list of WordPress plugins whose features will help add to your website easily. We have no doubt you’ll find what you’ve been looking for after you’re done.
1. Cookie Notice & Compliance for GDPR & CCPA
Cookie Notice & Compliance for GDPR & CCPA is a completely free WordPress cookie notice banner plugin. It was created to take the uncertainty out of compliance for small and medium-sized websites. Best of all, you can set it up and operate it in a matter of minutes.
Moreover, it comes with automatic compliance elements and improved design controls that make it a cutting-edge online application. Also, you can personalize the cookie notification for your users by including links to your privacy and legal policies.
Above all, it retains the Google Analytics code until the user provides permission. Further, it supports the popular Google Analytics plugin, MonsterInsights.
- It’s SEO-friendly (Search Engine Optimization). Since it’s optimized by following the general SEO guidelines for web ranking.
- Offers customization on notice messages.
- Allows you to set cookie expiration dates.
- You can display the cookie consent to your visitors when they click, scroll, or close something.
- Contains a consent analytics dashboard to monitor the cookie acceptance rate and monitor progress.
- Polylang compatibility and multilingual support. Hence, it works for sites with different languages.
The Cookie Notice and Compliance plugin is available free of cost on the WordPress.org plugin directory. So, you can download it from there and add it to your website. Another way is to directly install it on your site right from the dashboard.
2. Cookie Consent for GDPR/CCPA by Securiti
Cookie Consent for GDPR/CCPA by Securiti is a free WordPress plugin you can use to easily manage cookies on your site and comply with various data protection laws. It lets you add a consent banner for GDPR (ePrivacy)/CPRA/LGPD/PIPEDA and others.
Not only would you get the Cookie consent module, but you will also get an optional overall
privacy center and privacy notice module with it. You can choose to use the cookie consent module by itself or use the full power of a comprehensive privacy center.
To use this plugin on your site, you need to first create a free account on their website and enter
your website URL into it. Then, it’ll scan your site for all first and third-party cookies and create a
consent code. Then, add the code to your site via the plugin.
Once done, your website will automatically display the appropriate cookie consent notifications
to visitors based on their location and language settings.
That’s pretty simple, right? Learn more about its features below.
- Scans your website from time to time to monitor newly added cookies and auto-updates the notices.
- Automatically classifies cookies for accurate consent.
- Securiti has smart global privacy intelligence technology to ensure your site is compliant with different laws.
- Lets you customize the cookie consent banner.
- Multi-lingual support.
Cookie Consent for GDPR/CCPA by Securiti is completely free of cost. If you want more advanced features, there’s paid version also available.
With over 1 million active installs, CookieYes is one of the best free WordPress cookie consent plugins. You can use it to ensure that your website complies with GDPR, DSGVO (Datenschutz-Grundverordnung), CCPA, and LGPD (Brazilian General Data Protection Law).
Moreover, all of these cookie guidelines are necessary for inhabitants of various regions to protect their privacy. Also, this plugin works with Polylang and WPML, the WordPress multilingual plugins. Hence, people all around the world can be comfortable using their language.
Furthermore, it offers customization choices to match the theme of your website. For example, you may alter the color of the cookie bar, the message, and how the button appears to users.
- You have the option of making the cookie notice bar disappear after a few seconds or accepting it as you scroll down.
- Also, it lets you prevent any unwanted cookies from the website.
- Cookies are automatically scanned and classified with a single click.
- It has a Cookie Audit module, which allows you to display what cookies your site uses.
- Connects your website with the CookieYes app and access advanced features and settings.
The CookieYes plugin is a freemium plugin available with both free and premium price options. So, you can download the free plugin from the WordPress.org plugin repository and add it to the website. Also, downloading is possible from its official website.
For exclusive features, you can buy a premium plan present on the website. The pricing plans are:
- Basic: $10/mo/domain billed monthly, 600 pages per scan, 100K page views, custom branding, and more.
- Pro: $20/mo/domain billed monthly, 4000 pages per scan, 300K page views, geo-targeted cookie banner, etc.
- Ultimate: $40/mo/domain billed monthly, 8000 pages per scan, unlimited page views, Pro features, and more.
4. Complianz – GDPR/CCPA Cookie Consent
Complianz is a great WordPress GDPR /CCPA compliance plugin. It supports not just GDPR but also ePrivacy, CCPA, AVG, and other privacy regulations. Best of all, a setup wizard greets the website operator and inquires about the legal jurisdiction of the website.
In addition, this plugin can also help block cookies from third-party sites. That includes Google Maps, Facebook, Instagram, AdSense, ReCAPTCHA, Twitter, ActiveCampaign, and others.
- You can use custom CSS for cookie consent and notifications.
- Ability to categorize cookies into different groups.
- If needed, then it can automatically anonymize IP addresses for Google Analytics.
- Gutenberg Blocks are available to build sections of your website for cookie consent.
- Contains banner templates for consent per category, consent per service, dismiss on scroll, etc.
The Complianz plugin is a freemium plugin. This means you can download it free of cost from the WordPress.org plugins page. The free plan gives you basic features for general websites.
If you want advanced features, then go with one of the following premium pricing plans:
- Personal: $49, 1 site, compliant in multiple regions, records of consent, data request processing, etc.
- Professional: $149, Personal features, and use for up to 5 websites.
- Agency: $299, Professional plan features, 25 sites, and includes Multisite plugin.
5. GDPR Cookie Compliance (CCPA ready)
GDPR Cookie Compliance is one of the best WordPress cookie consent plugins. It contains a customizable platform and two unique layouts. It not only informs users about what cookies are onsite but also gives them control over whichever ones they want to keep or delete.
This plugin supports base URLs from CDN (Content Delivery Network) services for those who utilize them. This means that no matter where visitors are in the world, you can always ensure that they have the most up-to-date policies. To reach global users, it’s also multilingual.
- Place the Cookie Consent Banner where you want; at the top or bottom of your pages.
- You can find the settings available for consent expiry.
- The design is responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Along with attractive and smooth visuals, it also gives sleek animations for a better user experience.
- Its premium version gives an analytics function to know the number of users who accepted your cookies.
The GDPR Cookie Compliance plugin is freemium. This means you can download the free plan from WordPress.org’s plugin directory.
If you’re in search of pro features, then its premium pricing plans are:
- Single: £59/year, 1 site, unlimited page views, and all premium features.
- Developer: £159/year, 5 sites, Single plan features, and WordPress multisite.
- Agency: £299/year, 25 websites, and Developer plan features.
- Business: £499/year, 100 sites, and Agency plan features.
6. iubenda – All-in-one Compliance
The iubenda plugin is yet another all-in-one solution for meeting GDPR compliance requirements on your website. Its dashboard design provides you with a bird’s eye view of all your digital assets. Also, it shows how they comply with data regulations all around the world.
Furthermore, it provides completely customized cookie banners and blocking scripts. This allows you to automate the GDPR compliance procedure. It also enables manual blocking of all remaining resources without requiring direct code involvement.
- This is the only GDPR cookie plugin for WordPress that can detect more than 30 cookies. Google Analytics, Google Maps, Google AdSense, and others are among the services available.
- Lets you translate your documents for up to 10 languages with a single click.
- Also, it can build professional Terms and Conditions to protect you from liabilities.
- Automatically includes its code at the top of every page of your WordPress website.
The iubenda plugin is free to use. You can install it on your website and enable GDPR protection features.
Moreover, it also comes with a premium version. And the following are its premium price options:
- Essentials: $5.99/mo/site/app billed yearly, $6.99/mo/site/app billed monthly, 1 language, etc.
- Advanced: $24.99/mo/site/app billed yearly, $27.99/mo/site/app billed monthly, unlimited languages, Essentials plan features, etc.
- Ultimate: $99.99/mo/site/app billed yearly, $199.99/mo/site/app billed monthly, Advanced features, additional data input fields, etc.
CookieBot is a popular GDPR WordPress plugin. It’s a cloud-based solution that allows you to manage cookies and trackers in order to comply with GDPR rules. CookieBot provides a fully customizable consent banner that you can quickly include on your website.
This plugin allows your visitors to switch off some cookies while leaving others active. It also scans your site to check which cookies are in use and changes your cookie declaration accordingly.
Furthermore, you can whitelist cookies that are required for your website to function. Also, it lets you conceal the cookie consent choices based on the location of your visitors.
- Cookie classification in terms of “strictly essential,” “preference,” “statistics,” “marketing,” and so on is supported.
- A user-friendly interface for changing or withdrawing cookie consent.
- All consent from users is saved in the cloud.
- Integrates with Google Consent Mode to respect users’ privacy choices.
The Cookiebot plugin is another freemium WordPress plugin. You can find the free plugin to download on the WordPress.org plugin repository or its original site.
On top of that, it contains the following premium pricing plans for you to choose from:
- Small: €12/domain/mo, less than 500 subpages, banner customization, consent analytics, and more.
- Medium: €28/domain/mo, less than 5000 subpages, and all Small plan features.
- Large: €49/domain/mo, all Medium plan features, and more.
There’s also an Enterprise plan where you can form a custom plan with the features you need.
Termly is one of the most popular and easiest-to-use WordPress cookie consent plugins available that applies to both CCPA and GDPR. You can simply install and activate the plugin to have the cookie consent notification bar appear automatically.
Moreover, you can select scrolling as a closure mechanism if desired. It also gives you the option to show notices in a sidebar, top, bottom, or as a floating element instead of on certain pages. Further, you can decide on which pages or posts to not display the cookie notification.
- It is mobile-friendly and has translation capabilities.
- Option to only show the notice on the introductory page – the message will not appear on future pages viewed by the user.
- You can connect to an absolute or external URL for more information.
- Set the cookie timer on when it expires.
- Lets you display regional banners. For instance, banners for EU users only.
- Contains auto-generated cookie descriptions and categories.
The GDPR Cookie Consent Banner plugin is free to use. Just download it from WordPress.org’s plugin directory or its official website.
For more options, then you can go ahead with a premium plan. The following are its pricing plans:
- Starter: $10/mo/website billed annually, $14/mo/website billed monthly, 2 legal policies, 10 policy edits, 100K/mo banner views, etc.
- Pro+: $15/mo/website billed annually, $20/mo/website billed annually, unlimited legal policies, banner views, policy edits, and more.
- Agency: A custom plan if you want multi-domain management, multi-user permissions, etc.
9. WP AutoTerms
Moreover, this plugin gives pre-written legal content. And you can customize them to fit the specific needs of your website. Also, it lets you create your own legal pages. And you can easily manage and update these legal agreements with the latest requirements.
- This plugin complies with GDPR and CCPA regulations to provide GDPR-compliant legal content for websites.
- Able to show a disclaimer at the end of your posts about the usage of affiliate links on your website.
- Supports shortcodes to quickly display the legal agreements on pages or posts.
- It lets you customize the design of the legal agreements to match your brand and site.
WP AutoTerms is a freemium WordPress plugin having both free and paid plans. The free plugin is downloadable from WordPress.org’s plugin directory.
You can purchase a premium plan containing all the exclusive features. They are:
- Up to 2 Websites: $30 per website, one-time payment, and all paid features.
- Up to 9 Websites: $33 per website, one-time payment, and premium features.
- Up to 19 Websites: $24 per website, one-time payment, and every pro feature.
- More than 20 Websites: $19 per site, one-time payment, and all paid features.
10. Real Cookie Banner
Real Cookie Banner is one of the best WordPress cookie banners and consent management plugins. This plugin receives consent for you based on the ePrivacy Directive and GDPR.
On top of that, it can store technical and legal information about services and cookies to get informed consent. Some info is about HTTP cookies, local storage, session storage, etc.
Further, it offers 150+ service templates and 120+ content blocker templates. The content blocker controls the scripts, styles, and content from the WordPress themes and plugins. As these tools can transfer personal data and set cookies before you take the user’s consent.
- Offers 20+ design templates and 200+ design options to get a custom cookie banner.
- Give a checklist with the steps to set up your legally compliant cookie banner.
- It can auto-search your entire website. Also, it finds used services with templates and embedded external URLs effortlessly.
- You can view the history of consent and change or revoke it.
- The youth protection function lets minors also give consent on your website.
- Automatically accepts consent for bots so that they can view the site content.
This is also a freemium WordPress plugin with both free and paid price options. You can download the free plugin from WordPress.org’s plugin repository.
In case you want premium features, then go with one of these pricing plans:
- Single: 49€ per year, 1 website, all features, premium support, and future updates.
- Starter: 79€ per year, 3 websites, and all Single plan features.
- Professional: 119€ per year, 5 websites, and every Starter feature.
- Business: 219€ per year, 10 websites, and all Professional features.
- Agency: 299€ per year, 25 websites, and every Business plan feature.
11. Beautiful Cookie Consent Banner
As the name says, Beautiful Cookie Consent Banner is a customizable WordPress plugin to get a cookie consent banner. It prepares your site for several cookie laws and regulations. Some of them include GDPR, CCPA, OAIC (Australia’s Privacy Principles), etc.
Moreover, you get to choose between different compliance types. Such as ‘just inform’, ‘opt-in’, ‘opt-out’, and ‘differentiated’. By default, cookies aren’t stored. But with ‘differentiated’, you can define cookie groups where for every group, a user can give consent.
- You can customize the texts, fonts, and position of the banner and buttons.
- Works well with LiteSpeed and various other WordPress caching plugins.
- Its paid add-on gives multilingual support.
- Also, this plugin has a full Google Tag Manager integration.
- You can make cookie consent as a backend cookie. With that, it prevents the automatic deletion of the user settings cookies by browsers.
- All your resources are hosted on your domain and not from 3rd-party.
Beautiful Cookie Consent Banner is a completely free WordPress plugin. Hence, you can download it for free from the WordPress.org plugin directory or its website.
Instead of a paid version, it contains 2 different premium add-ons. They are:
- 8€ per year, updates for 2 domains, free features, statistics, logs, user permission configuration, and more.
- 14€ per year, updates for 100 domains, and all the above-mentioned features.
12. Ultimate GDPR & CCPA Compliance Toolkit for WordPress
Ultimate GDPR & CCPA Compliance Toolkit for WordPress is a feature-rich WordPress plugin that makes your site GDPR-compliant on its own. It provides users with unique data protection rights. You can also add consent boxes to any form on the website.
Users may export their data as a text or JSON file and have it delivered to their email by filling out specialized forms. You can also encrypt and save the user data with a unique identifier. Furthermore, unless the user consents, this plugin disables cookies.
- The cookie scanner in the plugin identifies all cookies and disables any that are undesirable.
- Sends a worldwide email to all users in the case of a data breach.
- It has a redirect setting for your terms and conditions, as well as privacy terms, till the user consents.
- This plugin makes user data anonymous and boosts security.
- Integrates with Google Analytics to get web traffic insights and ensure your site is compliant.
The Ultimate GDPR & CCPA Compliance Toolkit for WordPress plugin is a premium plugin. It costs $21 for a regular license giving 6 months of support. And its support can be extended up to 12 months for an additional $6.
13. The GDPR Framework By Data443
GDPR Framework was created with the motto “You don’t need to drown your customers in pointless acceptance checkboxes if you know what you’re doing!”. It is a fantastic tool for keeping track of personal information on a website.
This plugin can manage and withdraw consent, activate DSAR (Data Subject Access Request) on a single page, employ a user-friendly installation procedure, and instantly destroy or anonymize personal data.
- Users can provide their consent over a period of time.
- You can display a visual representation of your Privacy Solution.
- Allows individuals without an account to instantly access, export, and delete their personal data.
- It is developer-friendly; you can customize everything from templates to features.
- Supports integration to WordPress plugins like WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, Email Subscribers and Newsletters, etc.
The GDPR Framework plugin is free to use. Hence, you can directly install this plugin on your WordPress dashboard. Or download it from WordPress.org first and then add it to your website.
14. Cookies and Content Security Policy
Looking for a fully GDPR and CCPA-compliant WordPress plugin? If yes, then you can go with the Cookies and Content Security Policy plugin.
This plugin can block cookies and unwanted external content. Also, it shows what kind of resources it accepts from the site visitors on the front end.
- It adds security layers to your website to block iframes, scripts, and images from unknown domains.
- Supports WPML, Polylang, and other multilingual plugins.
- You can choose the common resources from a list to auto-add to your domain list. With that, you can easily set up this plugin on your site.
- Lets you customize your website with its modal or banner settings.
- Integrates with page builder plugins like Elementor, Divi, Beaver Builder, etc.
The Cookies and Content Security Policy plugin is a 100% free plugin. So, you can download it from the WordPress.org plugin repository. Another way is to directly install it on your WordPress dashboard.
15. WP Cookie Notice for GDPR, CCPA & ePrivacy Consent
WP Cookie Consent Notice is a GDPR, CCPA, and e-Privacy all-in-one cookie notice and consent plugin. It features cookie blocking before consent, plus detailed settings for enabling just certain cookie categories. So, it’s powerful enough to customize the solution and meet your needs.
In addition, it keeps a searchable log of all website users’ consent. Users can withdraw or alter their consent level at any time. Translations will no longer be an issue thanks to the plugin’s support for WPML. Users can also automatically opt-in if they utilize or navigate the web page.
- Post a completely customized notice with a “Do Not Sell” link that assists you in complying with the CCPA.
- It provides an easy-to-use admin area where you may enter details about the cookies used on your site.
- A cookie consent notification is displayed with the options ‘Accept’ and ‘Decline’.
- Users can choose whether to allow cookies from a certain category.
The WP Cookie Consent Notice plugin is freemium with the presence of both free and paid plans. The free plugin is available in the WordPress.org plugin directory.
If you’re looking for more features, then grab its premium version. All the exclusive features are available in the following price options based on the number of sites you want to use them for. They are:
- Single Site: $17/year, 1 site, automatic product updates, premium support, etc.
- 3 Sites: $37/year, 3 websites, and all the premium features.
- 10 Sites: $67/year, 10 websites, and all paid functionalities.
If you want an all-rounder WordPress GDPR and CCPA cookie consent plugin, then choose Seers. It lets you create cookie banners, notices, or popups for your website. With that, you can achieve compliance with all the privacy regulations globally.
Yes! It not only works for GDPR and CCPA regulations but several others from various countries. Hence, you can configure a cookie notice for specific regions like the EU, UK, USA, etc., as per their privacy regulations.
- You can customize the cookie popup with several options. Including fonts, styles, positions, colors, etc.
- Supports Google and Facebook consent mode using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Blocks third-party cookies from various sources. Also, it has a cookie database for early detection.
- You can manage multiple websites under a single dashboard with its paid version.
Seers is a freemium WordPress cookie consent plugin. The free plugin is downloadable from WordPress.org’s plugin directory and its original website.
In addition, you can purchase a premium plan from these price options:
- Basic: $8.66/mo, 500 scan pages, own logo, auto-blocking, and more.
- Pro+: $17.33/mo, unlimited scan pages, Basic features, child privacy, branding, etc.
- Ultimate: $32.49/mo, Pro features, subdomains, and more.
If you’re a starter without web-building knowledge, then here’s our guide on how to make a website from scratch. Please read this full tutorial.
It’s as simple as that. These are a few of the best WordPress cookie consent plugins. We’re positive that you’ve found our choices helpful.
Our team personally recommends Cookie Notice & Compliance or CookieYes, the top contenders on our list. That’s because both of them are the most popular and contain a wide range of features on the free plans.
If you have any further queries concerning WordPress cookie consent plugins, then please leave a comment below. We’ll do all we can to get back to you as quickly as possible.
Also, check out our top picks for the best WhatsApp plugins for WordPress and the best WordPress popular posts plugins.
If you liked our article, then please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and colleagues. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep updated about the latest WordPress topics.