Are you looking for the best WordPress dating site plugins? If yes, then stick with us throughout this article.
A dating website is an easy and popular platform for searching for a partner. So, if you’re looking forward to creating a dating website, then you need to look for a dating plugin first. Also, choosing a feature-rich plugin helps to attract more visitors and engage date seekers.
Luckily, there are many free and paid WordPress dating plugins. But picking the best one is a hassle. So, we’ve tested them and come up with the best WordPress dating plugins.
Things to Consider While Choosing a WordPress Dating Plugin
Before going through the best WordPress dating site plugins list, let’s look at the criteria for choosing them. They are:
- Essential Features: Make sure your plugin offers dating websites basic features. For example, chat support, video messages, membership forms, user profiles, etc.
- Easy-to-use: The dating site plugin you choose must be easy to use. An easy-to-use plugin is always handy while developing and operating your dating website.
- Responsive: Make sure to check if the plugin is responsive. A responsive plugin will adjust according to the device’s screen size and enhance the user experience.
- Multilingual: Always choose a plugin that supports multiple languages. This helps you to build an international dating website and gather visitors worldwide.
For further information, check out our blog on how to choose the best WordPress plugins for your site.
We’re now reviewing the 7 best WordPress dating site plugins for 2023. So let’s get rolling!
7 Best WordPress Dating Site Plugins for 2023 (Free + Paid)
We’ve narrowed down the best WordPress dating site plugins for 2023. So, go through each plugin’s description, features, and prices to get the one suitable for you.
1. WP Dating
WP Dating plugin is one of the most popular WordPress dating site plugins. Using this plugin, you can create a great dating site. That too without doing any coding.
Moreover, this plugin comes with tons of features. For example, your members can locate a potential partner with the “Near Me” feature. Also, they can accept or decline the invitation from your date with the “Meet Me” feature.
- People can exchange conversations with their date in real-time chat.
- The “Viewed Me” feature lets your members find other users who have viewed your profile.
- Also, it allows your consumers to update the status of your profile.
- Able to create albums and upload photos, videos, and audio files.
- Lets members send virtual gifts and winks to their favorite ones.
- Keep the creepy people away from your profile by blocking them.
Best of all, WP Dating offers many demo themes that you can preview before buying a plan. Upon previewing a demo, we feel that WP Dating is an all-rounder plugin to build a complete dating site. Because it contains all the necessary features for a dating website.
Notably, your website will also look good on both mobile and desktop devices. With that, people can easily communicate with their interested ones.
WP Dating is a premium plugin with 4 pricing plans on its official website.
- Standard Plan: Costs $149 and includes WP Dating theme, monetization feature, free lifetime upgrades, and more.
- Platinum Plan: Costs $279 with 500 dummy profiles, WP Dating theme, single-site license, and so on.
- Platinum (Multi-license) Plan: Costs $689 with 1000 dummy profiles, 87 premium themes, unlimited multi-site license, etc.
- VIP + Mobile App Plan: Costs $999 one-time payment. Includes everything from the Platinum plan and 2 site licenses, progressive web apps with source codes, and so on.
ProfileGrid is one of the most powerful user profile and membership WordPress plugins for dating sites. This plugin allows your members to create and share photo albums within groups. As well as they can comment on other users’ photos.
Moreover, this plugin has tons of features for your dating website. For example, you can control your user’s display names. Also, create a group event by integrating ProfileGrid user groups with EventPrime Events.
- With the frontend group creator, you can allow registered users to create new groups on the front end.
- Also, locate users or specific groups using simple shortcodes.
- This plugin integrates well with one of the best WordPress community plugins i.e. bbPress.
- Your consumers can define how your user’s profile URLs will appear to site visitors and search engines.
- Further, you’ll have full control over your user profile permalinks and add dynamic slugs.
Coming to user experience, we tested ProfileGrid and found its interface intuitive and clean. Moreover, it’s another all-in-one plugin with lots of features. Most of all, you can configure each core feature separately.
Guess what? You can use its free extensions right from your dashboard as well. This saves a lot of time. Furthermore, it lets you manage your members, groups, requests, and email notifications.
In addition, you’ll get several shortcodes to use and pre-designed pages necessary for your dating site. Overall, it’s an excellent choice for newcomers!
You can get this plugin in free and premium versions. The free plugin is present in the WordPress.org plugin directory or website to download. Otherwise, install the plugin right from your admin area.
The premium version gives extensions to the core plugin in 2 pricing plans. They are:
- Premium Plan: Costs $79 with the single site license. It includes 90+ powerful core features, 22 premium extensions, and unlimited user profiles and groups.
- Premium+ Plan: Costs $139 for unlimited sites. This plan includes 90+ powerful core features, unlimited user profiles and groups, 22 premium extensions, and priority support.
BuddyPress is a free WordPress community plugin perfect for your dating site. It lets your users create unique dating profiles with custom and common profile fields. Also, they can set visibility levels for their profiles to express themselves as much or as little as they desire.
Moreover, it can send smart read/unread notifications to inform and engage users. Further, you can manage the account settings with ease, including email notifications and password management.
- Lets users connect through the friendship feature.
- People can create and join groups based on shared interests or dating preferences.
- Keeps members engaged with site-wide activity directories and single-thread conversations.
- Enables one-on-one conversations with multiple users, enhancing connections between potential matches.
- Supports a library of 3rd-party components to extend your dating site’s functionality.
After using BuddyPress, we discovered that it brings exceptional qualities to your dating site. The customizable profiles, intuitive messaging, and community-building features can create an interactive journey for users to connect and forge meaningful relationships.
However, BuddyPress seems overwhelming for beginners with little experience in WordPress or web development. But by using tutorials, setting up the site can become easy.
The installation process for this free plugin is the same as that of any other plugin. Following that, you must configure it from the ‘Settings > BuddyPress’ menu.
There, you can adjust each component i.e. feature. Also, it gives additional settings and pages to set up. On the backend, you can simply manage the activities and emails.
BuddyPress is a free WordPress plugin for dating websites. So, you can download it from the WordPress.org plugin directory and upload it to your site. Otherwise, plugin installation right from your dashboard is also possible.
Another WordPress plugin for your dating website is the all-in-one membership software, MemberPress. This plugin lets you insert different configurable membership levels so that people use your dating site features based on their chosen plan.
In addition, you can integrate it with the popular BuddyPress plugin as an add-on. With that, each member’s account page connects with their BuddyPress profile page. This way you can automatically add or remove users from groups based on their subscription status.
- Add blogs about dating tips, advice, or other fun content to connect with users.
- By creating rules, you can generate restrictions on certain content of your dating site.
- Use WordPress block editor or Elementor to design your website.
- BuddyPress offers features, like member profiles, messaging, activity streams, etc.
- Supports bbPress and other WordPress forum plugins to make a secure community.
- You can drip content so that timed content releases boost users’ interests.
By using MemberPress, we found that this plugin is remarkable for a dating website. As mentioned before, BuddyPres itself is a powerful plugin. By using MemberPress, it gives you more custom features.
Overall, you can securely purchase a MemberPress plan and upload it to your website. The configuration process is also easy with its detailed documentation. However, having too many features may confuse you when building a dating site.
Don’t worry! Its simple and standard interface will ease you in creating membership levels. Afterward, you can state which dating features will members get based on their subscription choices. Additionally, creating rules makes it simpler for you to add restrictions.
Check this documentation to learn how to use MemberPress and BuddyPress for a dating site.
MemberPress is a premium all-rounder WordPress membership plugin. To use it for your dating website, you must purchase it from its official website. On the Pricing page, you’ll find these pricing schemes with BuddyPress integration to choose from:
- Plus: $299.5 per year, 2 websites, advanced customization, developer tools, drip content, email automation, etc.
- Pro: $399.5 per year, 5 websites, Plus plan features, Authorize.net integration, etc.
iFlyChat is one of the best WordPress dating site plugins that support real-time chat. Users can engage in private one-on-one chats or join lively group chats. Also, it supports audio and video chat, ensuring that connections go beyond just text.
Further, typing indicators and reading receipts add a layer of transparency to conversations. In addition, people can share rich media to exchange photos and videos. Plus, they can get push and email notifications to stay updated on new messages.
- You can use chatbots to send announcements about exciting events or news.
- Insert different membership levels to get access to content and dating features.
- Set per-minute rates or per-content rates to sell access to premium content.
- Lets you monitor members and moderate conversations from the admin area.
- Security features like 99.9% uptime, incident response program, log retention, etc.
Upon using iFlyChat, we found this plugin simple to configure and use. Once you install and activate it, you just need to set up the plugin settings in the ‘Settings > iFlyChat Settings’ menu. But you need to register an API on its website and insert it here.
To sum up, this plugin provides a simple yet attractive live chat section for your website. A person can change their status among available, idle, busy, and offline. Also, they can mute sound and enable notifications.
Best of all, you can personalize how the chat box looks. That’s truly amazing! Hence, using this plugin can truly engage the members to connect.
iFlyChat is a freemium WordPress plugin with both free and premium options. Download the free plugin from WordPress.org’s plugin directory or its official website. Directly install from the admin area if you want to do it quickly.
If you want advanced features, then go with one of the following pricing schemes:
- Basic: $19 per month, 60 concurrent users, 1 chat room, white-label, and more.
- Professional: $49 per month, Basic plan features, 150 concurrent users, 5 chat rooms, etc.
- Business: $99 per month, Professional plan features, 300 concurrent users, 20 chat rooms, group chat, etc.
Here’s a list of the best WordPress live chat plugins if you’re looking for a different option like iFlyChat.
Rencontre is another WordPress plugin specialized for dating sites. This plugin is easy to install and allows you to create a professional dating website.
In addition, you’ll get tons of features for your dating website. For example, it allows your members to send private messages to other members. Also, private members can chat using a webcam.
Besides, your consumers can add photos and videos in a private gallery. The image format adapts to retina-ready screens. Plus, they can connect and easily import photos from their Facebook account.
- Offers customizable user profiles with elements like date event, checkbox, numeric select, etc.
- People can send smile emoticons and contact requests to other users.
- There can be the addition of an unlimited number of members to a group.
- Easily import or export members’ data in CSV with photos.
- Advanced search lets people quickly search profiles by value or value range.
- You can send regular emails to your members based on the quota server.
We tested Rencontre in a local environment. In summary, it’s a professional WordPress plugin designed for dating sites. Hence, you’ll get access to the essential features of such a website.
After you install it, you can easily configure the settings. Once you’re done, you can insert the shortcode given to a page. Afterward, add the necessary pages that the plugin suggests.
When a person registers, they’ll access the features of this plugin. The front end of the site looks clean and well-structured for people to easily use.
That’s not it! You can find an intuitive backend to manage members and jail (blocked members). Best of all, it lets you customize the profiles, access countries, search options, and more.
Rencontre is a 100% free plugin available at the official plugin directory of WordPress.org. This means you can download it from there and upload it to your website. Instead, it’s also possible to install it from your WordPress dashboard.
7. Wise Chat
Wise Chat is a WordPress plugin that helps build a social network on your dating website. It supports several chat channels and users with password protection. So, users can send real-time messages in a chat room or send private messages.
Additionally, banning and muting users is also possible. Other securing features include flood control, bad word filters, and spam reporting. These features help your website to have a healthy environment.
- You can create avatars for your user profile.
- Users can react to the messages by liking the chat.
- Either you can use custom emoticons or use from 3 pre-defined sets.
- Besides, this plugin fully supports multisite.
- Also, your members can edit your messages or reply to a particular message on a group chat.
- Supports Elementor and Gutenberg to customize your website completely.
Upon installing Wise Chat, we came across an extensive settings page on the back end. This plugin has configuration options for each feature separately. That includes notifications, channels, emoticons, etc.
Once the setup is done, your dating website will have an attractive chat function. The interface looks just how you customized it using the plugin settings. Here’s a demo of what it looks like:
Wise Chat is a freemium plugin with its free plan available on the WordPress.org official plugin repository. Also, you can install the plugin from your WordPress dashboard.
Besides, you can upgrade this plugin to the premium version if you want to unlock the pro features. It’s available on its official website with 2 pricing plans. They are:
- Wise Chat Pro: Costs $60, unlimited users, unlimited channels, video calls, video messages, etc.
- Wise Chat Live Costs $70, Pro features, a live chat widget, a live chat operator page, and more.
Conclusion – Which is the Best WordPress Dating Plugin?
That’s it for now! We’re sure that you now know about the best WordPress dating site plugins. Also, we hope you’ll be able to find the perfect one from the list for your dating website.
Among them, we suggest using WP Dating if you have a decent budget because it has all the dating features as a premium plugin. If you’re looking for a free plugin with equally capable features, then you can go with ProfileGrid. The choice is all yours!
Please let us know your experience in the comment section below if you use any of these plugins. You can comment if you’ve any queries or suggestions regarding this article. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.