Are you wondering what are the best WordPress hair salon booking plugins for 2022? If yes, then you’ve landed precisely on the right page.
Adding a hair salon booking plugin to your website makes it easier for you to create and manage appointments for your salon business. Plus, these plugins help you gain customers even while you’re away.
Along with that, it becomes effortless for your customers as well to get an appointment directly from your website. Since they can freely choose their preferred date, service, and time slots.
Fortunately, there are plenty of booking plugins available in WordPress with tons of handy features. So, here, we’ve shortlisted some of the best WordPress hair salon booking plugins for 2022.
Let’s get started!
Why Do You Need WordPress Hair Salon Booking Plugins?
Before moving into the plugins list, let’s check out some of the major reasons you need to add WordPress hair salon booking plugins:
- Available 24/7: With the help of these plugins, your business will be available and running 24/7. So, the booking will take place all day and night whenever it’s convenient for customers.
- Dramatically Reduces Workload: Taking appointments online on a website is much easier than over the phone or counter. So, you won’t have to lift a finger for an appointment.
- Reduces Error: Usually, humans make mistakes whereas computers reduce errors. Thus, customers will get the exact reservation based on the details they’ve entered, reducing errors.
- Maximizes Reservation: As online reservations are available 24/7, it maximizes the success of the appointments. Also, with an automated system, reserved customers will get reminder emails of their bookings.
With that being said, let’s move on to the next section!
What Should You Look For in a WordPress Hair Salon Booking Plugin?
While selecting a hair salon booking plugin for your website, there are various factors to consider. Therefore, we’ve sorted some of the major factors to consider while selecting the plugin.
- Customizable Calendar: Ensure that the selected plugin comes with a customizable calendar for customers. So, they can drag the calendar to the exact date they want from your site.
- Payment Gateways: Select a plugin supporting secure payment gateways from different platforms like PayPal, Stripe, SecurePay, etc. This maintains users’ privacy and they can pay from anywhere online.
- Interactive Features: Features like popups, sidebar forms, exit intent, etc. are attractive for appointment bookings. So, you should look out for these features in your plugin.
- Automated Emails: Selected plugins should come up with automated emails. Thus, it’ll automatically send standard emails like booking confirmations, reminders of reservations, cancellations, etc.
You can also check out some additional criteria such as ratings, reviews, latest updates, pricing, documentation, and much more. For detailed information, look over our articles on how to choose the best WordPress plugins for your site.
We’re now reviewing the 11 best WordPress hair salon booking plugins in 2022. So, let’s get rolling!
11 Best WordPress Hair Salon Booking Plugins for 2022
We’ve narrowed down some of the best WordPress hair salon booking plugins for 2022. Each plugin in the list includes detailed features, descriptions, and pricing. So, evaluate each of them to determine which one is best suited for you!
Simply Schedule Appointments is the most well-known booking plugin that’s ideal for anyone’s business. Having said that, it’s suitable for the hair salon business as well. This plugin comes with all the necessary features without extra bloat and needless settings.
Further, you can easily manage your time and display your availability. It allows you to display your availability by day, time, and type of appointment to make the most of your schedule. Also, you can blackout your availability on holidays, birthdays, or other unique days.
In addition, with this plugin, you can completely customize it to your liking. You’ll be able to create your own fields or add questions to your scheduling form. This helps you to gain special messages or information ahead of the appointment time for customers.
Key Features of Simply Schedule Appointments:
- Change the colors, fonts, and other elements to better reflect your business and better resonate with customers looking at schedules.
- With automated confirmation emails and SMS reminders, you won’t miss appointments.
- Integration with PayPal and Stripe, receiving payment upfront.
- Able to understand the funnel your website visitors go through before scheduling an appointment.
- Allows you to create schedules for multiple staff members. Also, let each staff manage their own calendars and availability.
- Control the availability of resources such as equipment, rooms, and other rented goods that are required for appointments.
Simply Schedule Appointments is a freemium plugin that has both free and paid versions. You can download the free version from WordPress.org. Alternatively, you can directly install it from the WordPress dashboard.
Whereas, the premium version comes with 3 pricing options:
- Plus Edition Plan: Costs $99/year, including 1 year of support and updates, Google Calendar integration, Custom fields in booking form, etc.
- Professional Edition Plan: Costs $199/year, including accepting payments, sending email & SMS reminders, tracking goals & conversions, unlimited webhooks, etc.
- Business Edition Plan: Costs $299/year, including scheduling your team, live SSA onboarding via Zoom, managing multiple resources, custom booking views, etc.
For further details, check our article on the Simply Schedule Appointments review!
Salon booking system is one of the most incredible WordPress hair salon booking plugins with a complete and easy-to-use appointment scheduling system. It helps your site increase the number of reservations on its website while saving you countless hours managing the schedule.
Besides, this plugin is super flexible in scheduling rules. You can create as many rules as you need to represent your weekly timetable. Such as set rules for the whole shop, each assistant, each service availability, date range-based rules, holiday rules, etc.
Moreover, it comes with automatic email, SMS notifications, reminders, and more. This plugin informs of new bookings, booking reminders, and follow-up messages, to you, your customers, and your assistants.
Key Features of Salon booking system:
- Provides mobile apps on App Store and Play Store designed for salon managers and staff members to control and manage reservations.
- Allows your customers to leave feedback about their experience. They can leave feedback on your website, Google My Business, Facebook reviews, etc.
- Maintain consumer satisfaction by creating an unlimited number of discounts and promo coupons.
- Keep track of your customers’ reservation history to improve the service you offer them.
- With Stripe, PayPal, or one of the other add-ons for payment platform integration, you can accept online payments in full or in part.
- With a reservations calendar, you can create, edit, and cancel reservations, lockout unavailable hours, etc.
You can download the free version of the Salon booking system plugin from the official WordPress plugins directory.
Whereas, there are 6 different pricing options to choose from in its premium version:
- Basic Plan: Costs €69/ year, including 1 install, core plugin only, mobile app for staff members, online payments, email priority support, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs €89/ year, including 2 installs, multi-shops add-on, shop geo-referencing add-on, assistant geo-referencing add-on, etc.
- Full Support Plan: Costs €149/ year, including 2 installs, core plugin + add-ons, on-site install and setup, Stripe, PayPal, add-ons for other platforms, etc.
- Agency Plan: Costs €199/ year, including 10 installs, all the features of the Business Plan, white label option, and more.
- Unlimited Plan: Costs €399/ year, including unlimited installs, all the features of the Business Plan, white label option, and so on.
- Partnership Plan: You can get in touch with the dedicated project manager and development team for this custom project plan.
Another best plugin we would like to recommend to our readers is Amelia. It’s a simple yet powerful automated booking specialist. On your hair and beauty salon site, it allows your customers to choose stylists, browse procedures, and book visits in advance.
Moreover, it also allows you to add a custom field to your booking form. Such as first and last name, email address, service type, choose your assistant, personal detail, additional message, and more. This helps you to fit the booking form as per your business like a hair salon.
Further, there’s a recurring appointments feature which is remarkable for your business. It lets your customers book an appointment that repeats. All they need to do is choose the date and the time and type of recurrence like weekly, monthly, etc.
Key Features of Amelia:
- Allows you to be in instant touch with your customers and employees and communicate with them via SMS text message.
- Able to configure working hours, breaks individually per service, and employee combinations.
- Quickly set up non-recurring days with special working hours and service schedules.
- Create one-off or repeating events like conferences, classes, meetups, concerts, etc., and provide a smooth booking interface.
- Show events to your customers with popup details, schedules, and availability, and also let customers book for the event.
- With an insightful dashboard and reporting, you can keep an eye on how your business performs.
- Supports group appointments as well where each service can have minimum and maximum capacity.
Amelia has both free and pro versions where the free version can be downloaded from WordPress.org.
Meanwhile, you get to choose from 3 pricing options in its premium package:
- Basic Plan: Costs $64/year for 1 domain/year and features like unlimited appointments, unlimited employees, multiple locations, etc.
- Pro Plan: Costs $90/year for 3 domains/year and features like packages of services, WhatsApp integration, etc.
- Developer Plan: Costs $175/year for unlimited domains/year and features like unlimited appointments, customizable designs, and more.
4. Bookly PRO
Bookly PRO is yet another automated online booking and scheduling plugin for WordPress. And for the hair salon, it’s ideal as you can manage your services, customers, and booking schedule all in one place.
Additionally, starting off with this plugin is no big of a deal as anyone even without coding experience can set it up. And after that, you can quickly change the layout and modify the appearance of the booking form.
Furthermore, you can use predefined values for the category, service, and employee fields on your booking form. Or, adding your custom field so you can match it with your services is also possible. Alternatively, you can show or hide specific fields as per your choice.
Key Features of Bookly PRO:
- From the admin panel, you can easily manage your customer list and appointment schedule online.
- Send SMS and email notifications to you and your clients alerting them of approved, pending, and canceled appointments.
- Allows you to add an infinite number of customers to your customer list that is searchable and sortable.
- Add an unlimited number of services with additional settings like padding time, visibility, limitations, and more.
- Accept online payments via a number of gateways like PayPal, Stripe, 2Checkout, Authorize.Net, Mollie, Payson, PayUbiz, PayU Latam, etc.
- Provides built-in analytics that comes with a comprehensive report about the number of bookings, customers, payments received, and so on.
Bookly PRO is a premium plugin that costs $89 to purchase its regular license. It comes with 6 months of support and update. For extended 12 months of support, it costs $120.50.
Looking for a thorough and user-friendly solution? If yes, then you should totally go in for the Salon Booking WordPress Plugin.
This comprehensive plugin to manage appointments and booking helps your business get more reservations on your website. It has been developed thinking about the needs of hairdressing salons, barbers shops, beauticians, spas, clinics, etc.
Furthermore, you can see the list of customers, a detailed page of each customer with a list of reservations, feedback, etc. Along with that, you can get customer booking statistics which helps you to improve your further strategy.
Key Features of Salon Booking WordPress Plugin:
- Sends email and SMS notifications on the new reservations, selected assistants, reminders for the customers, follow-ups, and more.
- Allows you to configure salon booking rules such as booking methods, multiple weekly timetables, offset between reservations, etc.
- Quickly set up an automatic cancellation option for unpaid reservations.
- Able to remove the availability time slots from daily view.
- Comes with payment options like online payment via PayPal or Stripe, a pay later option, a fixed amount deposit, and so on.
You can purchase the regular license of this premium Salon Booking WordPress Plugin at $69 which comes with 6 months of support.
Easy Appointments is one of the most flexible WordPress booking plugins available in the marketplace. And the best part is, you don’t have to pay a single penny to access this plugin.
Although the plugin is multipurpose which means it can be used for different types of websites and businesses. Such as lawyers, mechanics, cleaning services, doctors, personal trainers, and so on. But it’s also perfect for a hair salon business which is worth the try.
Apart from that, you’ll have full control over your booking workflow. It allows you to include multiple services, workers, and locations. Along with that, you can also create multiple time slots, fine granular options for creating the most complex timetable, etc.
Key Features of Easy Appointments:
- Send email notifications to customers on updates of appointments and custom emails on the status of appointments: pending, reserved, canceled, confirmed.
- Notifies admin of a predefined list, new bookings, new customers, and more.
- Comes with a single-column responsive booking form and 2 columns responsive layout as well.
- Able to create your own custom form fields in a few clicks like text areas, select, input, and so on.
- Allows you to set the currency before or after the price.
- Offers 77 different languages to reach out to global customers.
Easy Appointments is a completely free plugin that is available to download and install from WordPress.org.
Do you want a budget-friendly WordPress booking plugin? Then here we go!
Booknetic is the most affordable appointment scheduling plugin for hair salon WordPress sites that simplifies client booking reservations. Along with that, this fully automated solution is for a diverse range of businesses that relies on booking, payments, notifications, etc.
Furthermore, this plugin comes with enhanced customization features for your booking form. There, you can either create a multi-function form builder or use form templates. And, also it allows you to tailor your custom fields within the form.
Key Features of Booknetic:
- Gives you control over revenue streams, compares your employees, and analyzes your customer feeds, counts, and companies with reports.
- Create multiple booking services so your customers can book more than one service within a single booking session.
- Includes recurring appointments in your services so your customers will automatically get booked for weekly, monthly, once in 3 months, etc.
- With the waiting list feature, you can offer flexible time for customers even during busy schedules.
- Supports multi-location so you can accept separate bookings for each area if your company is located in several locations.
- Block certain time slots on your calendar for limited bookings in breaks, day-off, holidays, etc.
Booknetic being a premium plugin costs $39 to purchase its regular license that comes with 6 months of support.
Booking Calendar is yet another awesome multipurpose ultimate booking plugin that is completely suitable for a hair salon as well. This plugin simply shows availability and receives booking for the specific time slots of service with a clean and smooth interface.
Additionally, it comes with email templates to send email notifications for common booking activities. Like appointments booked, new customers, booking confirmed, etc. All you need to do is define the email notifications and alerts that will be sent to admin and customers.
Moreover, you can also prevent customers from making double bookings. Customers are for sure allowed for multiple bookings for several services but not double booking of the same service per day.
Key Features of Booking Calendar:
- Admin is responsible to approve or decline specific bookings.
- Set single, multiple, minimum, and maximum number of days selection which also supports half-day booking.
- Comes with a sleek and customizable design of calendars that fits your site design.
- Quick sort bookings by several parameters like name, customer id, service type, time slots, etc.
- With the timeline feature, get a glance at the list of bookings for a year, month, or day.
- Enables the customer to edit their bookings or the admin can edit existing bookings.
Booking Calendar is a freemium plugin that comes with both free and paid versions. You can download the free version from the official WordPress plugins directory.
Whereas, the premium version has 5 different pricing plans. The costs of these plans differ on the basis of a number of websites. So, here we’ve included the cost of 1 website in each plan.
- Personal Plan: Costs $47.40, one-time payment, including independent booking calendars, flexible booking forms, templates of form, configure form fields, etc.
- Business Small Plan: Costs $89.40, one-time payment, including approved email, edit bookings, duplicate bookings, etc.
- Business Medium Plan: Costs $149.40, one-time payment, including adding notes, visitors can edit their own bookings, prevent modifications after approval, etc.
- Business Large Plan: Costs $209.40, one-time payment, including booking time slots for several days, defining time format, change over days bookings, etc.
- MultiUser Plan: Costs $389.40, one-time payment, including a selection of start times, online payment gateway integrations, etc.
WP Simple Booking Calendar is a popular plugin that makes up the list of the best WordPress hair salon booking plugins. This plugin is suitable for any type of business including a hair salon as well.
It lets you create an unlimited number of calendars for different products or services available for reservation. Along with that, you can also combine multiple calendars into one for a clear overview of the total number of reservations.
Further, you can quickly add the search widget to your website. This allows your customers to search for available dates in your calendars. And, once they find their available date, it’ll be easier for them to book instantly.
Key Features of WP Simple Booking Calendar:
- Customize your calendar where you can apply your own colors, symbols, and text, and translate them to any language.
- Enables setting the starting weekday of the calendar or a certain month, or year, instead of the current date.
- Allows you to hide the past events where you can gray out the past dates.
- Quickly export the calendar events in a CSV format to view details of the bookings.
- With the bulk editor, you can edit multiple dates within a click.
- Manage your staff easily by assigning specific staff to specific calendars.
You can download and install the free version of the WP Simple Booking Calendar plugin from WordPress.org.
If you want an additional feature, you can upgrade it to the premium version which comes with 3 pricing packages:
- Personal Plan: Costs $39/year, auto renewed annually. It includes 1 website, all premium features, priority support, and plugin updates.
- Business Plan: Costs $69/year, auto renewed annually. It includes 5 websites, all premium features, priority support, and plugin updates.
- Developer Plan: Costs $139/year, auto renewed annually. It includes unlimited websites, all premium features, priority support, and plugin updates.
Wanna add a simple yet comprehensive booking tool? Then, here we go!
Booking calendar, Appointment Booking System is a wonderful tool for building booking systems for your hair salon site. It’s a powerful and attractive plugin that comes with all the necessary features required in an appointment system.
In addition, it comes with an email notifications feature as well which is crucial for the booking system. All you need to do is simply add your email and configure some options. And, there it’ll send automatic email messages to customers and admin regarding booking activity.
Key Features of Booking calendar, Appointment Booking System:
- Allows you to set days availability, change the date format, weekdays format, unavailable weekdays, and more.
- Admin has permission to approve, reject, cancel, delete, view, or even change the status of reservations.
- Editing the form fields of the existing booking form or creating a new form and adding custom form fields.
- Integration with PayPal enables you to receive online payments instantly.
- Create any time slots for appointment hours of different services. Or, create a one-time slot and use it as default for all services.
The Booking calendar, Appointment Booking System plugin comes with free and paid versions. Its free version is available to download from WordPress.org or its official website.
The paid version comes with an Extended Version and Premium Version Without Payment. However, we’ve covered the pricing plans for the Extended Version which has 3 plans:
- Personal Plan: Costs $60, one-time payment for single site license, fully responsive design, unlimited booking calendars, customizable design, discount option, etc.
- Business Plan: Costs $90, one-time payment for 5 site licenses, reCaptcha, min and max days option, editable reservations, etc.
- Developer Plan: Costs $120, one-time payment for unlimited site license, premium features, payment system, premium support, and more.
BookingPress is a full-fledged appointment booking WordPress plugin that is perfect for hair salons, lifestyle, medicine, professional services, and more. It’s extremely easy to set up a customized booking system according to your requirements.
Furthermore, it enables your customers to check your availability for chosen dates in real time. With that, they will be able to book an appointment online even when you’re away. That also with or without online payment.
On top of that, this booking system comes with handy admin tools. It becomes easier to focus on different activities and data like managing clients, details of payments, and appointments individually.
Key Features of BookingPress:
- Resize booking widget automatically to fit any screen size, providing great UI (User Interface) for customers.
- Allows you to customize the booking widget checkout by adding custom fields like checkbox, dropdown, etc.
- Enables you to add an unlimited number of services and receive an unlimited number of bookings.
- With in-built spam protection, get booking requests from real people rather than wasting time on spam.
- Configure the minimum amount of time needed to cancel or reschedule the reservation.
- Able to create time slots between appointments using booking buffer time options before and after the meetings, service-wise.
BookingPress is a freemium plugin that offers both free and premium versions. You can download its free version from the official WordPress plugins directory.
Meanwhile, its premium version has 3 pricing packages:
- Standard Plan: Costs $49/year, including usage on 1 site, unlimited appointments, staff management, fully customizable, etc.
- Professional Plan: Costs $109/year, including usage on up to 3 sites, unlimited appointments, fully customizable, 15 payment gateways, and so on.
- Enterprise Plan: Costs $299/year, featuring usage on up to 20 sites, 30+ add-ons included, unlimited appointments, staff management, and more.
That’s all guys! We’ve arrived at the end of this article.
We’ve discussed the 11 best WordPress hair salon booking plugins along with their features and pricing.
Among the listed plugins, we would like to recommend you the Simply Schedule Appointments plugin. That’s because it provides all the necessary features to set up your booking system for the hair salon website or other booking business. Also, you’ll have complete control to configure each setting as per your need.
We hope this article helped you to find the best WordPress hair salon booking plugins in 2022. If you’re using any of these plugins for your website, then please share your experience in the comment section below.
If you’ve any more queries, then feel free to ask us. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Also, share this article with your friends and colleagues.