Are you looking for the best alternatives to the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin? Are you searching for another plugin aside from Yoast SEO to optimize your website? Then, you’re in the right place.
Yoast SEO is a very popular plugin when it comes to WordPress SEO. It’s quite beginner-friendly and helps to increase the traffic to your website. However, it’s better to see other Yoast competitors as well before making your choice of SEO plugin.
Hence, in this article, we’ll show you a number of the most popular Yoast SEO alternatives that are currently available on the market.
Best Yoast SEO Alternative Plugins (Quick Overview)
Can’t wait to scroll down and read the entire article? You check this table for a quick glimpse of the top Yoast alternatives.
|– 404 Monitor
– Content AI
|All in One SEO
|– TruSEO Score on-page analysis
|– SEOPress Insights for off-site SEO
|The SEO Framework
|– Lightweight, clean, ad-free
|– SEO Health Manager
Want to know more? Let’s see how Yoast SEO alternatives plugins compare in detail.
What is the Yoast SEO Plugin?
Yoast SEO is the #1 most popular WordPress SEO plugin that helps optimize your website for a better search engine ranking. Used by over 5 million WordPress sites, it’s been a favorite tool of website owners and marketers since 2010.
Yoast plugin is an all-in-one SEO tool. It provides you with a comprehensive set of website optimization tools to help you produce search engine-friendly content.
Let’s talk about its key features here. You can use it to add/edit the title, meta description, and canonical URLs for your target keyword. Similarly, it provides you full control over site breadcrumbs to help users know where they are.
Other features include:
- SEO analysis of your content for a focus keyphrase and provides suggestions to improve.
- Readability analysis and recommendations to make it even more reader-friendly (use transition words, reduce passive voice, etc).
- Google live preview of your page. Also lets you preview Facebook and Twitter preview with the paid version.
- Innovative schema markup for rich results (includes FAQ and How-to Gutenberg blocks)
- Advanced XML sitemaps to help the search engine crawl your website instantly.
- Redirect manager to get rid of 404 pages.
- Supports around 20 different languages.
- SEO Workouts – helps in internal linking structure and cleaning outdated content. (Exclusive Feature)
Besides, you get access to Yoast Academy with its paid plans. It provides comprehensive SEO education. Additionally, enjoy benefits like multi-language support, link suggestions, content monitoring, etc.
If you want to learn more about how Yoast works, then be sure to check our full Yoast SEO review!
Yoast SEO Pricing
Yoast is a freemium plugin that comes in both free and premium versions. The free version is easy to install from your WordPress dashboard. Paid plans are available on their site and priced as below.
- Single Site Plan: Costs $99/year
- 2 Sites Plan: Costs $188.10/year
- 3 Sites Plan: Costs $282.15/year
- 4 Sites Plan: Costs $376.20/year
- 5 Sites Plan: Costs $445.50/year
- 10 Sites Plan: Costs $841.50/year
Now, you can see why you need a Yoast alternative! The main reason is the cost!
For low-budget startups and individuals, the Yoast SEO plugin is costly. If you have one website, it’s $99/year. If you have 10 websites, it’s 841.50/year. That’s big money!
Rank Math, the best Yoast alternative costs just $59/year for unlimited websites!
Are there Better Alternatives to Yoast SEO Plugin?
Undoubtedly, Yoast SEO is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins available online out there in the market. However, there are plenty of other plugins that are just as good and may fit better than you expected.
Just go to the free WordPress repository (https://wordpress.org/plugins/) and search ‘SEO’, you’ll be amazed by the number of plugins available! See the screenshot below.
Yes, there are plenty of other SEO plugins. But are they as good as Yoast SEO?
Yes, they are! Millions of websites are using them and they’ve also provided excellent ratings! That’s proof that they are as good as Yoast!
Now in a situation like this, anyone would be confused! But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
- If you’re starting a new website and need a budget-friendly plugin, then there are plenty of affordable options, Rank Math being the best!
- Do you hate ads being displayed on your dashboard when working on SEO? Then a plugin like SEOPress is a better alternative to Yoast.
Similarly, other plugins also have unique features and functionalities which will appeal to your specific needs. We’ll go through all the Yoast plugin alternatives and discuss how they compare with Yoast.
9 Best Yoast Alternatives for WordPress SEO – Detailed Review
1. Rank Math
Rank Math is a popular Yoast SEO alternative that helps your website in improving its SEO and attract more traffic. It has been widely known as the “Swiss army knife of WordPress SEO”.
If you always think that you can do more on the SEO part of your website, then Rank Math is what you need. As its smart automation feature gives you full power over your hand with just a few clicks. Hence, you can quickly grow your website traffic without having to spend all your time on manual SEO
What Makes Rank Math a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
When we talk about features, then Rank Math seems to offer more than Yoast SEO, even while comparing the free versions.
Now let’s look at some of its best features:
- Pricing – The first and foremost reason you may want to use Rank Math over Yoast is pricing. The premium version of Yoast for a single site costs $99/year whereas you can get Rank Math Pro for just $59/year for unlimited personal sites.
- Where Yoast SEO only lets you analyze a single keyword for each piece of content, Rank Math lets you analyze up to five keywords at a time.
- Just like Yoast SEO, it also helps you to automatically set SEO titles and meta descriptions for individual pieces of information.
- It provides local SEO support to help you grow your local business which is available for free.
- Provides you full control over all aspects of your on-page SEO like giving you an option to index or no-index everything either manually or using auto-pilot.
- 404 Monitor and Redirect Manager – Rank Math lets you easily find and fix broken links in WordPress. Check broken permalinks with the 404 Monitor module and fix them by creating redirects with its Redirect Manager module. Both modules are free on Rank Math. Whereas Yoast lacks a 404 Monitor feature and redirections are possible only with its paid version.
- It helps you discover more focused keywords by automatically suggesting your keywords from Google Keyword Suggestion.
- Also, provides 24×7 support along with detailed documentation in case you get stuck while using it.
- In the premium version, you get features like Keyword Rank Tracking, News SEO, Video SEO, Advanced WooCommerce SEO, and more.
- Rank Math has introduced a brand new feature Content AI. It’s artificial intelligence that’ll help you write better content. Provides suggestions about the length of content, what other keywords to use, links, etc. (Exclusive Feature)
This plugin comes with both free and premium versions. The free version is available on WordPRess.org, so you can easily install it from your dashboard. Paid plans are as follows:
- Pro Plan: Costs $59 for the first year, then $69/year. Unlimited personal websites.
- Business Plan: Costs $199 per year. It supports 100 client websites.
- Agency Plan: Costs $499 per year. It supports 500 client websites.
To Sum up, Rank Math proves to be a budget-friendly and feature-packed alternative to Yoast SEO. Offering an impressive set of features even with the free version, the Pro version has a lot more features than Yoast. Best of all, it’s the best budget plugin; you pay just $59/year for unlimited sites!
All in One SEO (AIOSEO) plugin is another best alternative to Yoast SEO. Its powerful and easy-to-use feature allows you to fully optimize your WordPress site and gain maximum search traffic. It’s a perfect SEO plugin for business owners, developers, bloggers, designers, and everyone else.
Besides that, it’s beginner-friendly and its automation system takes care of all those complex settings. It just takes less than 10 minutes to set up and then you’re ready to use its advanced WordPress SEO features. Like XML sitemaps, SEO meta title/description, local SEO, and more.
What Makes All in One SEO a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
All in One SEO is quite older than Yoast as AIOSEO was launched in 2007 – three years before Yoast SEO. Hence, AIOSEO has always been a tough competition for Yoast.
Now let’s find out why by looking at some of its best features:
- AIOSEO is extremely easy-to-use as you can get a hand over tons of significant features within a single page. This makes it easier to navigate and find the right settings to work with.
- It provides extensive settings for managing your sitemaps such as setting up update frequency, creating an RSS feed, deleting pages, and more.
- Its smart XML sitemaps automatically generate WordPress XML sitemaps and inform all other search engines of any updates.
- Provides great support to Google Analytics and SEO integration for eCommerce plugins like WooCommrece.
- Its TruSEO Score On-Page Analysis gives you a more in-depth analysis of your on-page SEO optimization.
- Google AMP support helps you improve your mobile SEO.
- Also, help you fully control where web crawlers can crawl on your WordPress site using the robot.txt editor.
It comes in both free and premium versions. The free version is easy to download from the official plugin directory of WordPress.org. If you want to upgrade to premium, then it comes in 4 different pricing plans.
- Basic Plan: $49.60 per year, single site license.
- Plus Plan: Costs $99.60 per year with usage of up to 3 sites. Social media integration, ChatGPT AI tool, etc.
- Best Deal Plan: Costs $174.65 per year with usage of up to 10 sites. Custom breadcrumbs, Microsoft clarity, and more.
- Elite Plan: Costs $224.70 per year with usage of up to 100 sites.
After thoroughly exploring All in One SEO (AIOSEO), we can confidently say that it is a formidable contender. With its powerful and user-friendly features, AIOSEO offers an excellent option for business owners, developers, bloggers, and designers alike.
Confused about which one to choose ‘the new Rank Math’ or ‘the first AIOSEO’? Check out our full comparison of All in One SEO vs Rank Math!
SEOPress is a powerful WordPress SEO plugin that helps you optimize the SEO of your WordPress more quickly and easily. It comes with all the features that you need without having to install additional extensions for redirects, schemas, sitemaps, etc.
Likewise, it allows you to perform content analysis with unlimited keywords even in the free version, whereas in Yoast you have to buy their premium plan. Its advanced content analysis tool provides you with optimization tips on how to write better blogs and posts.
Also, it’s fully integrated with Google Analytics so you can track your visitors and download tracks, custom-dimension, affiliate links, etc. It helps to improve social network sharing with Open Graph tags, Twitter cards, and Google Knowledge Graph.
What Makes SEOPress a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
SEOPress is a proper all-in-one SEO plugin that provides you with tons of features even in the free plans. Here are some of the features that SEOPress has to offer…
- Unlike Yoast SEO, SEOPress is fully white-labeled and ad-free. This means that there is no advertisement and no footprints in both the backend and front end. Hence, you can delete all references to SEOPress and replace the logo, label, and icons, and modify it as your own.
- SEOPress helps you create both custom XML and HTML sitemaps for improving the crawling of your site.
- You can import or switch from one to another SEO plugin quite easily without having to lose any metadata or information. Whereas it might not be the same for Yoast, as you may lose data while migrating.
- Yoast offers you basic WordPress ability to nofollow links whereas SEOPress offers full nofollow management.
- Some of its unique pro features are Google Suggestion, Google Page Speed, 404 monitoring, broken link checker, backlink analysis, etc.
- SEOPress Insights – SEOPress users can also use another powerful plugin SEOPress Insights for off-site SEO like backlink building. It’ll cost extra money but it’s a great addition to complete SEO for any site. (Exclusive Feature)
It’s free to download from the official WordPress plugin repository. But, if you want to access its pro features then premium plans are available on its official website.
- SEOPress Pro Plan: Costs $49 per year.
- SEOPress Insights Plan: Costs $99 per year. Inspect your content with Google Search Console, Google Analysis stats, and more.
- SEOPress Bundle Plan: Costs $129 per year. Includes both SEOPress Pro and Insights plan.
After an in-depth analysis of SEOPress is a powerful alternative to Yoast SEO. It impresses with its flexibility and seamless migration capabilities. Users can easily switch from other SEO plugins without losing any metadata or information.
Want to learn more about the plugin? Be sure to check out our complete guide + review article on SEOPress!
The SEO Framework is a lightweight WordPress SEO plugin that is a great Yoast SEO alternative. Its built-in AI automatically analyzes and optimizes many elements of your website.
Similarly, it follows all the white-hat guidelines and rules that are imposed by WordPress and search engines. It also provides real-time caching that makes it easier for your database to handle the excessive load and spare your laptop’s battery.
What Makes The SEO Framework a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
The SEO Framework has been rapidly gaining popularity within the WordPress community. This makes it a really good alternative to Yoast SEO. Here are some of its best features:
- It comes pre-configured which means all your pages will be rationally optimized from the starting point. You can also tweak the setting however you like.
- It helps you optimize your metadata without having to worry about making critical mistakes.
- Automatically makes it easier to make social sharing through Open Graph, Facebook, and Twitter Cards.
- Discourages search engines from indexing feeds and sitemaps.
- Helps to stop SEO attacks that are caused by pagination exploits.
- Prevents canonical errors for categories, sub-domains, pages, and Multisite domain mapping.
The SEO Framework comes in both free and premium versions. Download the free version from the official WordPress repository. If you want to upgrade to its premium plan then it comes with 3 pricing plans.
- Pro Plan: Costs $7 per month, paid yearly. 500 API requests per month, and more.
- Business Plan: Costs $17 per month, paid yearly. 5000 API requests per month, private-level support, etc.
- Agency Plan: Costs $27 per month, paid yearly. 50,000 API requests per month, all extensions unlocked on 200 sites, etc.
Like Yoast, The SEO Framework is one of the first SEO plugins for WordPress. With its long history and up-to-date features, it’s definitely a worth-trying Yoast alternative.
SEOPressor is a premium SEO plugin that takes maximum control of your WordPress SEO. Not to get SEOPressor confused with SEOPress as they both are independent SEO plugins.
It provides you with all the essential SEO insights of your website in one place. So, that you get a crystal clear idea of how your website is performing in the search engine and what can be done to improve it.
Generally, this plugin works in 4 simple steps. Firstly, it helps you optimize your content with up to 3 keywords. Secondly, it’ll provide you with on-point SEO suggestions for creating content.
Once this is done, it’ll measure your website’s semantic quality with its inbuilt “SemantiQ” Engine in the third step. And, at last, it’ll maximize machine readability for better search engine ranking and crushing your competition.
What Makes SEOPressor a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
SEOPressor provides some of the premium quality features that are even hard to find in the premium version of Yoast SEO. Let’s have a look…
- Provides the most improved and advanced on-page SEO analysis along with multiple keyword analyses. It also prevents unnatural and over-optimization.
- A comprehensive semantic builder helps you to improve search relevance easily without having to touch a single line of code.
- Its powerful SEO intelligence helps you gather all the required SEO intels of your website in one place.
- Built-in SemantiQ Engine helps to measure if your content is semantically related to your keyword or not.
- SEOPressor provides a progressive LSI keyword engine that suggests latent semantic keywords for your content.
- Smart Link Manager helps you fix, build, and manage internal link structures.
- Supports both schema markup and Dublin Core for improving your webpage’s structured data.
SEOPressor is a premium plugin that is available on its official website for $9 per month. This premium plugin provides unlimited on-page analysis and free lifetime updates.
After a thorough evaluation of SEOPressor, we can say it’s a viable Yoast SEO alternative. It bundles up the full set of features you’ll need to improve your site’s SEO.
6. Slim SEO
Slim SEO is an awesome beginner-friendly and lightweight WordPress SEO plugin. It’s quite new in comparison to other alternatives and doesn’t have as many features to offer too.
However, it’s becoming popular among beginners as everyone doesn’t understand the terms of SEO and how to configure them optimally. Hence, Slim SEO makes sure that you don’t need to apply any effort to configure for SEO.
What Makes Slim SEO a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
Although Slim SEO doesn’t have the same equivalent number of features compared to Yoast SEO, it’s still good enough to get started with. It provides features such as:
- Beginner-friendly and easy to use.
- Auto-generate meta tags and optimize them for the best SEO scores.
- Automatically generates XML sitemap.
- It redirects the attachment page to the attachment file to the URL.
- Provides breadcrumb support and allows you to style the breadcrumbs to match your website theme.
Slim SEO is 100% free to use. You can easily download this plugin from the official plugin directory of WordPress.org. Or easily install this plugin from your WordPress dashboard.
In conclusion, Slim SEO proves to be a promising contender as a Yoast SEO alternative for beginners. Despite being relatively new in the market, it’s gaining traction, especially among users who find SEO overwhelming.
7. Squirrly SEO
Next, we’ve got a Squirrly SEO plugin which is quite beginner-friendly and was launched in 2012 in the United Kingdom. This plugin is not just an SEO plugin as it’s a non-human private SEO consultant that’s powered by machine learning and cloud services.
Its Smart Strategy gives you expert-level SEO advice on how to improve your SEO performance and rank higher on SERP. Likewise, it does competitor analysis and suggests how to improve and outrank similar types of pages.
What Makes Squirrly SEO a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
In comparison to Yoast, Squirrly SEO has tried to provide a beginner-friendly experience for those who are completely new to SEO. Now let’s look at some features of Squirrly SEO:
- Its full automation features automate everything from semantic definitions to social media definitions, and more.
- SEO Live Assistant provides real-time advice on how to write better content and optimize it.
- Provides weekly SEO audit reports on how well your website’s SEO is performing.
- Squirrly Keyword Research suggests better keyword suggestions than Google Keyword Planner.
- You can fully customize meta titles and descriptions as well as snippet previews.
Squirrly SEO plugin is free to use. It’s easy to download from the official plugin directory of WordPress.org. The premium plans are available on its official website.
- Pro Plan: Costs $20.99 with usage on 7 sites.
- Business Plan: Costs $71.99 per month with usage on 7 sites.
- Agency Plan: Costs $75.99 per month with usage on 50 sites.
To conclude, Squirrly SEO emerges as a compelling and user-friendly alternative to Yoast SEO. Particularly for beginners walking into the world of search engine optimization. Besides, its unique Smart Strategy sets it apart as a non-human private SEO consultant.
8. WP Meta SEO
WP Meta SEO is a free WordPress SEO plugin that is extremely beginner-friendly and an excellent alternative to Yoast SEO. It hands you all the control of your SEO optimization with accurate and advanced tools.
It comes with time-saving tools such as image SEO optimization, powerful XML sitemap generation, and a redirect manager. Similarly, it works perfectly with many page builders such as Divi, Themify, Visual Composer, Elementor, and others.
What Makes WP Meta SEO a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
WP Meta SEO can be a great tool to go with if you’re just getting started with SEO. As it’s the powerful user-friendly dashboard that is there to help you master your website. Here are some other features to look at:
- Provides the fastest meta-information manager for editing WordPress meta titles, and descriptions with a bulk meta editor.
- You can dynamically resize the HTML images directly in your content.
- Google Analytics Tracking keeps track of your website’s performance using a Google one-click authentication.
- Sends SEO email reports for you and your client with all the stats along with graph views and clean data tables.
- Automatically generates XML and HTML sitemaps for WordPress.
- The Breadcrumb generator creates rich snippet-compatible breadcrumbs along with full control of the display and links.
You can get this plugin for free from the official plugin directory of WordPress.org. It’s also easy to install from the WordPress dashboard. You can the pro version on its official website. It’s available for $49 per year.
After a thorough examination of WP Meta SEO, we can confidently say that it’s an impressive alternative to Yoast SEO. With its extensive compatibility with various page builders, WP Meta SEO emerges as a top-notch alternative.
Finally, the last of our top 9 Yoast alternatives is Premium SEO Pack. This is another free WordPress SEO plugin that is also reliable and capable.
This plugin gives you all the control you’ve wanted all along to increase the SEO value for all your pages. It’s extremely beginner-friendly and straightforward to use.
Likewise, it’s a great plugin for all online shop owners as it works with WooCommerce very well. Not only that, it has great support for WordPress multilingual plugins. Therefore, you can translate your site into your native language without any fear of losing SEO rankings.
What Makes Premium SEO Pack a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
Premium SEO Pack is a free WordPress SEO plugin. But still provides a wide variety of features Here are some other features that it has to offer.
- Provides SEO patterns for each post type and custom post types.
- It provides noindex and nofollow options for each post type.
- You can easily customize each page directly from the post preview top bar or the admin top bar.
- It can work perfectly with WordPress multisite.
Premium SEO Pack plugin is completely free to download from the official plugin repository of WordPress.org. Or directly install it from your WordPress dashboard.
After researching the features of Premium SEO Pack, we can confidently say it’s a worthy alternative to Yoast SEO. It has an impressive range of SEO patterns for various post types and custom post types. Plus, this plugin offers unparalleled control over your website’s SEO value.
Rank Math is undoubtedly the best Yoast alternative. It’s a feature-packed plugin that bundles tons of SEO features helpful for improving SEO. It’s some exclusive features that Yoast doesn’t provide. And, it’s super cheap – pay $59/year and use it on unlimited sites.
No, the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin is specifically designed to enhance search engine optimization on WordPress sites. It cannot be used on other platforms.
But there’s a plugin for the Shopify platform also by the Yoast team. So you can use the Yoast Shopify plugin on Shopify stores.
You can improve your Google ranking for free by focusing on high-quality content creation. You can use relevant keywords, optimizing meta tags, obtaining backlinks from reputable sites. Also, improving website speed, and engaging with your audience.
Yes, Yoast SEO offers both free and premium versions that allow you to use the plugin on multiple WordPress sites. The premium version provides additional features and support for multiple sites.
Start by conducting keyword research to identify relevant terms for your content. Then, optimize your website’s meta tags, headings, and content. Ensure your site’s structure is user-friendly, improve loading speed, and focus on earning high-quality backlinks to enhance search visibility.
That’s about it. These are some lists of the best alternatives to the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin for your WordPress website. We hope that you’ll agree with our list of the best alternatives to the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin.
Lastly, we would like to recommend our favorite Yoast alternative i.e. RankMath. Because if you want a premium-like feature but you don’t have a budget then go with Rank Math. As it provides all the premium-like features within its free plan only.
If you’ve further queries about the best alternatives to Yoast SEO, then please leave a comment below. We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.