Are you looking for the best alternatives to the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin? Are you searching for another plugin aside from Yoast SEO to start your website? Then, you’re in the right place.
Yoast SEO is a very popular plugin when it comes to WordPress SEO. It’s quite beginner-friendly and helps to increase the traffic to your website. However, it’s better to see out other Yoast competitors as well before making your choice of SEO plugin.
Hence, in this article, we’ll show you a number of the most popular Yoast SEO alternatives that are currently available on the market.
What is the Yoast SEO Plugin?
Yoast SEO is the #1 most popular WordPress SEO plugin that helps optimize your website for a better search engine ranking. Used by over 5 million WordPress sites, it’s been a favorite tool of website owners and marketers since 2010.
Yoast plugin is an all-in-one SEO tool. It provides you with a comprehensive set of website optimization tools to help you produce search engine-friendly content.
Let’s talk about its key features here. You can use it to add/edit the title, meta description, and canonical URLs for your target keyword. Similarly, it provides you full control over site breadcrumbs to help users know where they are.
Other features include:
- SEO analysis of your content
- Readability analysis
- Google live preview
- Innovative schema markup
- Advanced XML sitemaps
- Redirect manager
- Support 14 different languages
It looks a perfect SEO plugin, right? But it may not be so for everyone! Let’s discuss why.
Why Do You Need a Yoast SEO Alternative?
Undoubtedly, Yoast SEO is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins available online out there in the market. However, there are plenty of other plugins that are just as good and may fit better than you expected.
For instance, If you’re starting your website and you’re new to SEO. Then you might be seeking an SEO plugin that would provide your premium-like features in a free plan. In that case, a plugin like Rank Math can be a better alternative to Yoast.
Similarly, nobody wants any ads playing on their website while working on their SEO. Then a plugin like SEOPress is a better alternative to Yoast.
At the same time, if you’re a developer or have an eCommerce site that would like to improve the SEO of their website, then you’ll go along with plugins like Yoast. But if you’re a beginner and creating a simple blog, then you’ll not need a robust platform like Yoast. You can go with plugins like Slim SEO.
Other plugins may not be as popular as Yoast SEO, but they each have their unique features and functionalities which will appeal to your specific needs. Now, let’s look into the popular Yoast SEO alternatives.
9 Best Alternatives to Yoast SEO WordPress Plugin
1. Rank Math
Rank Math is a popular Yoast SEO alternative that helps your website in improving its SEO and attract more traffic. It has been widely known as the “Swiss army knife of WordPress SEO”.
If you always think that you can do more on the SEO part for your website, then Rank Math is what you need. As its smart automation feature gives you full power over your hand with just a few clicks. Hence, you can quickly grow your website traffic without having to spend all your time on manual SEO
What Makes Rank Math a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
When we talk about features then Rank Math seems to offer more than Yoast SEO while comparing the free version. Just like Yoast SEO, it also helps you to automatically set SEO titles and meta descriptions for individual pieces of information. Now let’s look at some of its best features:
- Where Yoast SEO only lets you analyze a single keyword for each piece of content, Rank Math lets you analyze up to five keywords at a time.
- It provides local SEO support to help you grow your local business which is available for free.
- Provides you full control over all aspects of your on-page SEO like giving you an option to index or no-index everything either manually or using auto-pilot.
- Redirect Manager – Helps you to create and manage 301 and 302 redirects.
- It helps you discover more focused keywords by automatically suggesting your keywords from Google Keyword Suggestion.
- Also, provides 24×7 support along with detailed documentation in case you get stuck while using it.
- In the premium version, you get features like Keyword Rank Tracking, News SEO, Video SEO, Advanced WooCommerce SEO, and more.
Pricing: Free. But if you want to track up to 500 keywords or want more premium-like features, then you can purchase it for $59/year.
The All in One SEO (AIOSEO) plugin is another best alternative to Yoast SEO. Its powerful and easy-to-use feature allows you to fully optimize your WordPress site and gain maximum search traffic.
It’s a perfect SEO plugin for business owners, developers, bloggers, designers, and everyone else. Therefore, it’s an essential thing for all websites. Also, to use All in One SEO, you must be using a self-hosted WordPress website.
Besides that, it’s beginner-friendly and its automation system takes care of all those complex settings. It just takes less than 10 minutes to set up and then you’re ready to use its advanced WordPress SEO features. Like XML sitemaps, SEO meta title/description, local SEO, and more.
What Makes All in One SEO a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
All in One SEO is quite older than Yoast as AIOSEO was launched in 2007 – three years before Yoast SEO. Hence, AIOSEO has always been a tough competition for Yoast. Now let’s find out why by looking at some of its best features:
- AIOSEO is extremely easy-to-use as you can get a hand over tons of significant features within a single page. This makes it easier to navigate and find the right settings to work with.
- It provides extensive settings for managing your sitemaps such as setting up update frequency, creating an RSS feed, deleting pages, and more.
- Its smart XML sitemaps automatically generate WordPress XML sitemaps and inform all other search engines of any updates.
- Provides great support to Google Analytics and SEO integration for eCommerce plugins like WooCommrece.
- Its TruSEO Score On-Page Analysis gives you a more in-depth analysis of your on-page SEO optimization.
- Google AMP support helps you improve your mobile SEO.
- Also, help you fully control where web crawlers can crawl on your WordPress site using robot.txt editor.
Pricing: It comes in both free and premium versions. If you want to upgrade to premium then its basic plan starts at $49.50/year.
Confused which one to choose between ‘the new Rank Math’ or ‘the first AIOSEO’? Check out our full comparison All in One SEO vs Rank Math!
SEOPress is a powerful WordPress SEO plugin that helps you optimize the SEO of your WordPress more quickly and easily. It comes with all the features that you need without having to install additional extensions for redirects, schemas, sitemaps, etc.
Likewise, it allows you to perform content analysis with unlimited keywords even in the free version, whereas in Yoast you have to buy their premium plan. Its advanced content analysis tool provides you optimization tips on how to write better blogs and posts.
Also, it’s fully integrated with Google Analytics so you can track your visitors and download tracks, custom-dimension, affiliate links, etc. It helps to improve social network sharing with Open Graph tags, Twitter cards, and Google Knowledge Graph.
What Makes SEOPress a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
SEOPress is a proper all-in-one SEO plugin that provides you tons of features even in the free plans. Here are some of the features that SEOPress has to offer…
- Unlike Yoast SEO, SEOPress is fully white-labeled and ad-free. This means that there is no advertisement, no footprints in both the backend and frontend. Hence, you can delete all references to SEOPress and replace the logo, label, icons, and modify it as your own.
- SEOPress helps you create both custom XML and HTML sitemaps for improving the crawling of your site.
- You can import or switch from one to another SEO plugin quite easily without having to lose any metadata or information. Whereas it might not be the same for Yoast, as you may lose data while migrating.
- Yoast offers you basic WordPress ability to nofollow links whereas SEOPress offers full nofollow management.
- Some of its unique pro features are Google Suggestion, Google Page Speed, 404 monitoring, broken link checker, backlink analysis, etc.
Pricing: It’s free to download. But, if you want to access its pro features then it offers you one pro version which starts at $39/year.
Want to learn more about the plugin? Be sure to check out our complete guide + review article on SEOPress!
The SEO Framework is a lightweight WordPress SEO plugin that is a great Yoast SEO alternative. It’s built-in AI automatically analyzes and optimizes many elements of your website.
Similarly, it follows all the white-hat guidelines and rules that are imposed by WordPress and search engines. Also, provides real-time caching that makes it easier for your database to handle the excessive load and spare your laptop’s battery.
What Makes The SEO Framework a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
The SEO Framework has been rapidly gaining popularity within the WordPress community. This makes it a really good alternative to Yoast SEO. Here are some of its best features:
- It comes pre-configured which means all your pages will be rationally optimized from the starting point. You can also tweak the setting however you like.
- It helps you optimize your metadata without having to worry about making critical mistakes.
- Automatically makes it easier to make social sharing through Open Graph, Facebook, and Twitter Cards.
- Discourages search engines from indexing feeds and the sitemaps.
- Helps to stop SEO attacks that are caused by pagination exploits.
- Prevents canonical errors for categories, sub-domains, pages, and Multisite domain mapping.
Pricing: The SEO Framework comes in both free and premium versions. If you want to upgrade to its premium plan then it starts at $49/year.
SEOPressor is a premium SEO plugin that takes maximum control of your WordPress SEO. Not to get SEOPressor confused with SEOPress as they both are independent SEO plugins.
It provides you with all the essential SEO insights of your website in one place. So, that you get a crystal clear idea of how your website is performing in the search engine and what can be done to improve it.
Generally, this plugin works in 4 simple steps. Firstly, it helps you optimize your content up to 3 keywords. Secondly, it’ll provide you on-point SEO suggestions on creating content.
Once this is done, it’ll measure your website’s semantic quality with its inbuilt “SemantiQ” Engine. And, at last, it’ll maximize machine readability for better search engine ranking and crushing your competition.
What Makes SEOPressor a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
SEOPressor provides some of the premium quality features that are even hard to find in the premium version of Yoast SEO. Let’s have a look…
- Provides the most improved and advanced on-page SEO analysis along with multiple keyword analysis. It also prevents unnatural and over-optimization.
- A comprehensive semantic builder helps you to improve search relevance easily without having to touch a single line of code.
- Its powerful SEO intelligence helps you gather all the required SEO intels of your website in one place.
- Built-in SemantiQ Engine helps to measure if your content is semantically related to your keyword or not.
- SEOPressor provides a progressive LSI keyword engine that suggests latent semantic keywords for your content.
- Smart Link Manager helps you fix, build, and manage internal link structure.
- Supports both schema markup and Dublin Core for improving your webpage’s structured data.
Pricing: SEOPressor is a premium plugin that will cost you $9/month and provides unlimited on-page analysis and free lifetime updates.
6. Slim SEO
Slim SEO is an awesome beginner-friendly and lightweight WordPress SEO plugin. It’s quite new in comparison to other alternatives and doesn’t have as many features to offer too.
However, it’s becoming popular among beginners as everyone doesn’t understand the terms of SEO and how to configure them optimally. Hence, Slim SEO makes sure that you don’t need to apply any effort to configure for SEO.
What Makes Slim SEO a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
Although Slim SEO doesn’t have the same equivalent number of features compared to Yoast SEO, it’s still good enough to get started with. It provides features such as:
- Beginner-friendly and easy-to-use.
- Auto-generates meta tags and optimize them for best SEO scores.
- Automatically generates XML sitemap.
- It redirects the attachment page to the attachment file to the URL.
- Provides breadcrumb support and allows you to style the breadcrumbs to match your website theme.
Pricing: 100% Free.
7. Squirrly SEO
Next, we’ve got a Squirrly SEO plugin which is quite beginner-friendly and was launched in 2012 in the United Kingdom. This plugin is not just an SEO plugin as it’s a non-human private SEO consultant that’s powered by machine learning and cloud services.
Its Smart Strategy gives you expert-level SEO advice on how to improve your SEO performance and rank higher on SERP. Likewise, it does competitor analysis and suggests how to improve and outrank similar types of pages.
What Makes Squirrly SEO a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
In comparison to Yoast, Squirrly SEO has tried to provide a beginner-friendly experience for those who are completely new to SEO. Now let’s look at some features of Squirrly SEO:
- Its full automation features automate everything from semantic definitions to social media definitions, and more.
- SEO Live Assistant provides real-time advice on how to write better content and optimize it.
- Provides weekly SEO audit reports on how well your website’s SEO is performing.
- Squirrly Keyword Research suggests better keyword suggestions than Google Keyword Planner.
- You can fully customize meta titles and descriptions as well as snippet previews.
Pricing: Squirrly SEO plugin is free to use. And if you want to upgrade to its pro plan then it starts at $29.99/month and you can use it on up to seven sites.
8. WP Meta SEO
WP Meta SEO is a free WordPress SEO plugin that is extremely beginner-friendly and an excellent alternative to Yoast SEO. It hands you over all the control of your SEO optimization with accurate and advanced tools.
In fact, it comes with time-saving tools such as image SEO optimization, powerful XML sitemap generation, and a redirect manager. Similarly, it works perfectly with many page builders such as Divi, Themify, Visual Composer, Elementor, and others.
What Makes WP Meta SEO a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
WP Meta SEO can be a great tool to go with if you’re just getting started with SEO. As it’s the powerful user-friendly dashboard is there to help you master it for your website. Here are some other features to look at:
- Provides fastest meta-information manager for editing WordPress meta titles, descriptions with bulk meta editor.
- You can dynamically resize the HTML images directly in your content.
- Google Analytics Tracking keeps track of your website’s performance using a Google one-click authentication.
- Sends SEO email reports for you and your client with all the stats along with graph views and clean data tables.
- Automatically generates XML and HTML sitemaps for WordPress.
- Breadcrumb generator creates rich snippet-compatible breadcrumbs along with full control on the display and links.
Finally, the last of our top 9 Yoast alternatives is Premium SEO Pack. This is another free WordPress SEO plugin that is also reliable and capable.
This plugin gives you all the control you’ve wanted all along to increase the SEO value for all your pages. It’s extremely beginner-friendly and straightforward to use.
Likewise, it’s a great plugin for all online shop owners as it works with WooCommerce very well. Not only that, it has great support for WordPress multilingual plugins. Therefore, you can translate your site into your native language without any fear of losing SEO rankings.
What Makes Premium SEO Pack a Good Alternative to Yoast SEO?
Premium SEO Pack is a free WordPress SEO plugin. But still provides a wide variety of features Here are some other features that it has to offer.
- Provides SEO patterns for each post type and custom post types.
- It provides noindex and nofollow options for each post type.
- You can easily customize each page directly from the post preview top bar or the admin top bar.
- It can work perfectly with WordPress multisite.
That’s about it. These are some lists of the best alternatives to the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin for your WordPress website. We hope that you’ll agree with our list of the best alternatives to the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin.
Lastly, we would like to recommend our favorite Yoast alternative i.e. RankMath. Because if you want a premium-like feature but you don’t have a budget then go with Rank Math. As it provides all the premium-like features within its free plan only.
If you’ve any further queries about the best alternatives to the Yoast SEO WordPress plugin, then please leave a comment below. We’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.