Are you looking for the best free eCommerce WordPress themes and templates for your site? Then, this is the right article for you.
WordPress is one of the best platforms that you can build an online store on. For that, you need to install the appropriate tools, importantly WordPress themes. WordPress offers over 8,000 WordPress themes, so it might be difficult to choose an appropriate theme for your eCommerce site.
So, here we’re with the best free WordPress eCommerce themes and templates that you can use. We’ve tested and collected these online store themes to make sure that we only include the best ones.
So, let’s start!
What to look for in a WordPress eCommerce Theme?
The eCommerce themes are the website templates that help you design your online store and display your products properly. They could be of various types applicable for various product requirements.
Choosing the best one is very important because of the looks and feels of your site, and eventually, your conversion depends on it.
So, here are some of the things you should look at in a WordPress eCommerce theme.
- Product Display: You should choose the theme that allows you to properly display the type of products you’re going to sell.
- Customization: The theme you choose should let you customize your site as you want. Also, you should be able to change the color, typography, layout, etc. to match the theme of your business.
- Ratings and Reviews: See for the theme’s ratings and reviews from real users before choosing one.
- Updates: Updates come with bug and security fixes. So, look for the theme that’s regularly updated.
These are some things that make choosing themes easier. For more tips, please check our guide on choosing the right WordPress theme.
However, we’ve already collected some of the best free WordPress shop themes for you. So, you can choose from our picks.
24 Best Best WordPress eCommerce Themes
Now, let’s see the list of the best free online store themes for your WordPress website.
Storefront is one of the best free eCommerce themes for your WordPress site. It especially comes in handy while building your store with WooCommerce, a popular eCommerce plugin in WordPress. In fact, it’s built for WooCommerce; to employ its features fully and beautifully.
It’s a lightweight WordPress theme with which you can make your eCommerce site ready in no time. With a responsive layout, it runs great on all of your customers’ devices so you don’t lose any sales. Additionally, the compatibility with various plugins and extensions makes your site more functioning.
You can choose from various layout, coloring, and typography options to help you personalize your site as you like.
- It has a minimal design to focus on website speed and SEO.
- The theme is fully customizable enabling you to design your site as you like.
- It’s a translation-ready theme.
- Tons of extensions are available.
- It provides regular updates with new updates, bugs, as well as security fixes.
Themedd is a useful WordPress theme for your online shop. You can use it to create a site that sells digital products like ebooks, software, audiobooks, podcasts, etc.
It’s created by the creators of the Easy Digital Downloads plugin, used for selling downloadable products with WordPress. With the perfect integration with the plugin, you can create a perfect selling place for your digital products.
It has a simple but attractive design with lots of page templates, layouts, and sidebar options. You can also set different menu styles for mobile devices.
- You can add a custom logo, header image, and background.
- It offers simplified and secured check-out.
- Lots of extensions are available for adding more features.
Astra is a popular and one of the best free all-in-one WordPress themes for eCommerce sites. It’s been actively used on over a million websites for various purposes. Moreover, you can use it to build any kind of website including a functioning online store.
This theme has a clean and modern look to it making your site more professional. Additionally, the lightweight code makes your store load faster.
- It has a responsive design making your site accessible from every device.
- You can use drag-and-drop options for designing your store layout.
- It integrates with major page WordPress builders for further customization.
- It’s a translation-ready theme so you can translate your site to various languages.
- You can find impressive typography and color options.
Neve is another popular general purpose WordPress theme that provides powerful features that an eCommerce store requires. It has a modern look to it that makes it more attractive to the customers’ eyes.
It’s a lightweight theme with tons of inbuilt customization capabilities. Moreover, compatibility with page builder WordPress plugins like Elementor, Beaver builder, etc. makes it more editable.
- Being a lightweight theme makes your site load faster and improves SEO.
- It’s a mobile-friendly theme so users can make purchases from any device.
- You can create separate landing pages for product descriptions.
- It also offers you adding ratings of products.
- You can create a one-page or multiple-page site.
- It offers lots of demos that you can easily import and use.
Customify is yet another free WordPress theme with lots of design possibilities. You can use it to create a beautiful store from where people can order online. Also, being a lightweight theme, it emphasizes making your site faster for a good user experience. As a result, your site ranks well in search engines too.
You can make your site look as you want with intuitive editing in the WordPress customizer. In addition, it can integrate with page builder plugins like Elementor, Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, etc.
- You can also import the demo of the premade website and make your site ready in minutes.
- It provides a header and footer builder.
- You can find tons of customization capability.
Zakra is a modern and highly customizable free WordPress theme that enables you to create a functioning eCommerce site. You can easily import the available online store demo and make your site ready easily.
Besides, with lots of options in the WordPress customizer, you can personalize your site according to your likes. Also, it integrates well with Elementor for editing your site with a drag-and-drop method.
Furthermore, you can have access to features like call-to-action banners, categories and product displays, blogs, and so on.
- The clean and modern design makes your site look attractive.
- It’s responsive and SEO-friendly.
- Being a lightweight theme, it makes your website fast.
- Various options are available for site layout and sidebars.
- Multiple typography and font options.
7. Rife Free
Rife Free is a multipurpose theme that can handle building an eCommerce store easily. With the options available in the WordPress customizer, you can make your site look great. Or, you can import an available demo and edit your site.
With the compatibility with various eCommerce plugins, you can create any type of store with Rife Free. Plus, it integrates drag-and-drop page builders to edit your site easily.
Besides, you can use features like responsive slider, sticky header, hidden sidebar, page preloader, etc. for advanced designing.
- This theme supports translating your site in various languages to make your site translation ready.
- It has RTL (Right to Left) support.
- You can also create a one-page site.
- It provides regular automatic updates.
- Detailed documentation is available for support.
Kadence is a modern all-purpose theme that you can use to create your online store. It’s a lightweight theme providing faster loading time for better users’ experience and SEO optimization.
It has an inbuilt header and footer builder in the customizer to make them look unique. Plus, you can integrate page builders like Elementor, Beaver Builder, etc. to edit your site easily without the use of any codes. You can also utilize lots of available demos and starter templates for your ease.
- It has several fonts and color options
- It offers integration with third-party plugins like LearnDash, WooCommerce, LifterLMS, and so on.
- Many options for headers and multiple menus are available.
- It lets you add a shopping cart and social icons on your site to increase sales and share.
- You can choose from different layouts for your store.
OceanWP is a free general purpose theme with the ability to build various kinds of websites. But, its seamless integration with WooCommerce makes it one of the best themes for your WooCommerce store.
eCommerce features like pop-up cart, floating cart, quick product view, etc. are available in OceanWP. For designing, it has an abundance of features in the WordPress customizer. Plus, it integrates well with page builders like Elementor and Beaver Builder.
- Tons of demos are available.
- It’s fully responsive i.e. your site runs great on desktop as well as mobile devices.
- It’s a lightweight theme that supports fast page loading time.
- This theme is translation-ready and RTL-ready.
10. Orchid Store
Orchid Store is one of the best free eCommerce WordPress themes and templates out there, especially for your WooCommerce online shop. It has a clean and beautiful design to entice customers and make your site look professional.
This theme can be used to design a wide range of niches of eCommerce sites. And, it’s supported by the flexible customization features available on the WordPress live customizer. You can also extend the customization with the help of page builders like Elementor.
- You can choose from a handful of demos for designing your site.
- It offers a built-in mega-menu and other advanced menu options.
- Being a mobile-ready theme, it runs great on all devices.
- It has support for RTL (Right to Left) for Arabic scripts.
- You can find flexible layout options, color, and typography.
Woostify is a fully-fledged WooCommerce theme, meaning it provides features to create an online store with WooCommerce. It’s a lightweight and responsive theme for a good web browsing experience on all devices.
It integrates with most page builders Elementor, Beaver Builder, SiteOrigin, Thrive, Architect, Visual Composer, and so on. So, it can be useful to create any kind of eCommerce site that can have physical, digital, and affiliate products.
- It makes your site load fast due to being a lightweight theme.
- You can choose a different layout for landing pages.
- You can also choose how you like to display your products.
- It’s compatible with multiple vendors.
- It supports RTL.
- You can import your site from premade demos.
eStore is a free WordPress eCommerce theme that you can use to build any kind of eCommerce store. It has good integration with both WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads, so you can add any functionality you’d want in your shop.
It works fine on any size of your store, especially larger stores. You can add lots of content as you’d see in a magazine. Plus, it has well-built categories and sections. Additionally, it offers multiple areas where you can add your widgets.
- You get lots of widgets with this theme.
- It provides you ad spaces where you can insert ads and generate more income.
- You can use the one-click demo import feature to use the pre-made templates on your site.
- It integrates with various page builder plugins.
Hestia is one of the best free multipurpose themes and can carry out the needs of a WordPress eCommerce store. It’s a professional and modern-looking theme with tons of customizable elements in the WordPress live customizer.
The integration with WooCommerce makes creating an online store easier. Plus, you can create a store for any kind of business and you can sell any type of product you want. You can personalize your site with advanced typography, icons, fonts, and colors. Moreover, you can choose how you want to display your products with available layouts and menu options.
- It’s compatible with page builder tools like Beaver Builder, Elementor, Gutenberg, etc.
- It’s a translation-ready theme.
- With clean codes and structure, your site becomes SEO-friendly.
- It provides regular updates with better features and security fixes.
14. Envo Storefront
Envo Storefront is among the popular free WordPress themes useful for selling your products on your eCommerce store. It has a modern and stylish look that makes your business look professional. It’s built with your customers in mind, so loads faster and ranks well in search engines.
Plus, it’s designed to work well with WooCommerce to fit any kind of business and product. With the integration with intuitive page builders, you can design your site as you want it to look.
- It has deep integration with WooCommerce.
- It loads faster according to various speed testing tools.
- You can import demos of premade websites with a single click.
- It has a responsive design for mobile users.
- It has tons of header, sidebar, and footer options like a sticky header, footer credits, mega menu, etc.
- You can add a floating add-to-cart button for increasing more sales.
Vendd is a free eCommerce WordPress theme especially designed by the Easy Digital Downloads team. Actually, it’s built to achieve the best of the WordPress eCommerce plugin Easy Digital Downloads.
With that, it makes it easier for you to sell your digital downloadable products like ebooks, audiobooks, pdf files, and so on.
- You can design your site as your intuition with editable colors, background, logo, typography, and other options.
- It has inbuilt templates for home pages, landing pages, and other layouts.
- It has support for multiple plugins.
- It’s a responsive and SEO-friendly theme.
Shopay is a free eCommerce theme for creating a WordPress online shop. It integrates well with WooCommerce and other related plugins for better eCommerce functions. With that, you can create any kind of eCommerce store.
It has a high customization ability with a beautiful design. Plus, the colors, typography, fonts, layouts, and other customization options can help you personalize your site easily. Additionally, the built-in customizer provides you flexibility in editing your site.
- It has a responsive design for fitting on all screen sizes.
- It offers 10+ widgets that you can add to multiple areas on your site.
- Tons of demos are available to import with one click.
- It’s compatible with many page builder plugins.
17. Top Store
Top Store is a useful WordPress theme for creating an eCommerce website. It integrates well with WooCommerce so it’s suited for different types of online stores and displaying various types of products.
It has a responsive design that provides a good user experience and SEO improvement. And, you can design your site with multiple widgets, header and footer layout, color, and background options.
- It has tons of demos available for one-click import.
- You can translate your site to many other languages.
- You can add product sliders and carousels.
- It offers complete documentation that can help you use this theme easily.
Storefront is a free and powerful multipurpose WordPress theme that can be used to design eCommerce stores. With integration with WooCommerce, you can easily obtain the features that you need in an e-shop.
It’s a responsive theme created with clean and structured codes so that it’ll optimize your site for SEO. Plus, it’ll operate smoothly on all devices and browsers. Mainly, the theme is designed to focus on selling, user experience, and providing functionalities.
- You can edit the theme using the available options on the WordPress customizer.
- You can choose from 3 available demos to create your store easily.
- It has multiple header options with a custom logo and tons of widgets.
- It’s translation ready.
19. Online Shop
Online Shop is one of the best WooCommerce themes out there. It has a beautiful design for creating a professional look in your WordPress online store. Besides, it provides powerful eCommerce functions as well.
To design your site, you can use the available options in the live customizer and see the changes in real-time. Also, you can choose a premade template from the available demos. Just import one, and your site will be ready in just minutes.
- It offers 9+ custom widgets that you can add to various site areas.
- You can get multiple texts and image sliders.
- You can manage your header and footer with lots of options.
- It also offers layout, color, font, and typography options.
Among free WordPress eCommerce themes, TopShop is a popular one for creating a beautiful eCommerce webshop. It has a clean and minimal design so that it focuses more on displaying and selling products. And, it’s perfect for any kind of store.
It provides tons of customization options on the WordPress live customizer. With that, you can design your site without coding. Plus, it integrates with page builder tools for intuitive drag-and-drop editing.
- It has many colors and typography options.
- It’s a fully responsive and SEO-friendly theme.
- You can import the available demo for easy design.
- You can add widgets in sidebars and footers.
21. YITH Proteo
YITH Proteo is a fast and responsive theme developed by YI Themes for helping you create an amazing online store. It’s mainly useful for integrating with WooCommerce and bringing out its abilities in your online store.
It has an advanced live customizer with tons of editing options for header, footer, menus, sidebars, etc. Plus, it has lots of color and typography for personalizing your site as you like. Furthermore, you can combine it with Gutenberg, Elementor, and Divi to perform intuitive editing.
- It has a professional design for both desktop and mobile devices.
- You can use different sidebars on each landing page or the product page.
- It supports translating your site to various languages.
- You can import from tons of available demos.
- It has documentation to help you design and build your site.
MaxStore is a good eCommerce WordPress theme and can be implemented for a multitude of eCommerce niches. It’s compatible with WooCommerce so it makes it easier to set up your store and start selling your products.
This responsive theme perfectly adapts to any screen size and works well on all devices. Editing the theme is very easy with the options available in the WordPress live customizer.
- It’s a translation-ready theme enabling you to translate your site in any language.
- It offers wishlist support.
- You can have left and right sidebars according to your likes.
- It has extensive documentation and video tutorials as support.
23. Digital Download
Digital Download is one of the best free themes you can use to sell digital products with the Easy Digital Downloads plugin. It has a responsive design with professional looks that are meant to attract your customers.
This theme is highly customizable so that it looks good for selling any type of digital product like ebooks, videos, software, or courses. Also, to design your site, you can import one of their demos.
- It’s an SEO-friendly WordPress theme.
- You can translate your site to multiple languages.
- It’s compatible with different browsers and devices.
- It’s also RTL (Right to Left) compatible.
Gutenshop is an eCommerce theme with a modern, clean, and minimal design. This theme is compatible with WooCommerce. So, it can be useful for any kind of product like fashion, cosmetics, gadgets, or any digital products.
It’s a responsive theme and works fine on all kinds of devices. With that, it also enhances users’ experience and increases SEO score.
- It’s a Gutenberg-ready theme.
- It has a high page loading speed.
- It has lots of widget areas in the footer, header, and sidebars.
- You can choose to show or hide a shopping cart from the menu.
That’s all. We discussed some of the best free WordPress eCommerce themes that could come in handy in designing your online store.
So, we hope that you’re clear that all plugins have different sets of features to fulfill various eCommerce needs. So, you should choose the one that can meet your requirements.
If you’re still not sure which one to pick, we suggest you go for Astra. It has huge flexibility and could work for any kind of site. Or, you can choose Storefront if you want to create with WooCommerce, and go for Themedd if you’re looking for creating with Easy Digital Downloads.
However, it’s all up to you. Carefully look at the features of each theme and choose one from the list. And, if you have any questions or feedback, then please leave a comment below.
You can also check our article on the best WordPress blog themes.