In search of a free WordPress hosting service? Or wondering if free WordPress hosting is worth it? In that case, you’re on the right page to know that.
If you want to launch your WordPress site, then first of all you need to choose a good hosting service. But when you’re not ready to use a premium service, then you can look for free WordPress hosting services.
There are several free hosting providers out there that make it difficult for you to make your choice. So, for your ease, we did careful research and shortlisted the 11 best free WordPress hosting services.
Each of these has great features in its own way. So, let’s have a look at them.
Is Free WordPress Hosting Worth Considering?
So, you may be wondering whether free WordPress hosting is worth considering.
Here’s what we’ve to say. The answer is yes. Yes, you can choose free WordPress hosting for your first WordPress site.
However, there are certain advantages and disadvantages of using a free hosting service. So, let’s go through them so that you’ll be clear before making any decision.
When to Use Free Hosting? (Advantages)
- You can use a free hosting service as long as you want until you decide to add advanced features to the site.
- If you’re just starting out and have no money, then free WordPress hosting is the way to go. You can create an online presence without any investment.
- The performance and flexibility in the free services may not match with the premium ones. However, you get to easily test your site with a free hosting service.
- Premium plans have tons of features to offer. But as a beginner who is just starting, the paid features that focus on a large audience will be of no use.
- As a whole, you can save your time and investment if you choose free hosting.
Limitations of Using Free WordPress Hosting:
- As a free hosting service, each of the platforms lacks some features that are necessary for a website. It can be one-click auto-installers, DNS settings, or more.
- Even though some of them have such features, the bandwidth and storage space can be limited. Due to which you can’t upload huge files on your site.
- Free hosting generally provides limited access control on the server.
- The services can be unreliable as they lack modern security measures.
- Also, you may not get full customer support.
So, should you use free hosting services or not? It’s entirely your decision to make. If you’re just starting out and have no money to buy hosting, then you may consider these. But be careful about the limitations and risks.
The free WordPress hosting services mentioned on this list are some of the best options available on the market. So, you must first try and test, and then only use them.
But in case you’re not sure about them and need a safer choice, then don’t worry. There are some almost free hosting services also available. So, check our article on the best cheap WordPress hosting services.
Things to Consider When Choosing Free WordPress Hosting
Before moving towards the list, there are a few things that you need to know. So, the following are the things that you must consider when choosing free WordPress web hosting.
- Easy WordPress Installation: The first thing to check is whether you can easily install WordPress on the host. So that, you get to launch your WordPress site with much ease.
- Storage and Bandwidth: Providing uptime service is important for a site to be available for its users. So, you must check if the free hosting offers enough storage and bandwidth.
- Ad-free Hosting: Your website will look good if there aren’t ads everywhere. So, choose ad-free hosting. However, it can allow you to keep your ads to earn certain revenue.
- Easy to Manage Control Panels: Another important thing is that the hosting solution must allow you to easily manage your site. It can be through control panels like cPanel.
- Support: Lastly, it should provide strong support to its users. With that, you get more updates and features for your site.
Now, let’s move ahead to our list.
11 Best Free WordPress Hosting Services Worth Checking
Here’s the list of the 11 best free WordPress hosting services that are worth checking. We’ve also mentioned the description, features, pros, and cons of each of them.
So, you can go through each one of them and make your choice.
WordPress.com is one of the best free WordPress web hosting services that you can find. As a hosted platform, everything is managed for your WordPress site. And it’s a little different from the open-source platform, WordPress.org where you need to host the site yourself.
Here, you can easily create your WordPress site. All you need to do is register a WordPress.com account. Then, you get to select a WordPress.com subdomain, add a theme, use the plugins, and keep your content.
However, the free version has certain restrictions. But you can simply upgrade the plan according to your site’s growth.
- Choose from hundreds of free feature-rich and beautiful WordPress plugins and themes.
- Offers unlimited bandwidth.
- Storage space available up to 3 GB.
- Contains free SSL certificates.
- Consists of a custom WordPress.com dashboard.
- Able to use a free WordPress.com subdomain which will look like this: www.yourname.wordpress.com.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Ability to easily upgrade to the premium plan.
- Downloading any software or installer is not necessary.
- Places its ads on your site so you won’t have enough monetization options.
- If you violate any of their terms of service, then your site will get deleted.
- Need to pay for using your custom domain name.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by WordPress.com
You get to upgrade the free WordPress.com hosting to 4 premium plans. Here, we provide you with their information also including features and pricing.
|Price Per Month Billed Annually||$0||$4||$8||$25||$45|
|Free Domain||Only WordPress.com subdomain||For 1 year||For 1 year||For 1 year||For 1 year|
|Ads||WordPress.com ads||Removal of WordPress.com ads||Add your ads for revenue||Add your ads for revenue||Add your ads for revenue|
WordPress.com is a great free hosting service if you’re a beginner and don’t have full WordPress experience. As there are tons of free WordPress themes and plugins that you get to use. However, for technical users, it’s not suitable as you can’t extend it using your own themes or plugins.
So, whether you want to share your ideas, start a business, or run a store, you can do it from WordPress.com. First, start with the free plan. And then when you’re confident enough, upgrade to any of the 4 premium plans as per your requirement.
000webhost is an award-winning free web hosting platform by Hostinger, one of the best web hosting providers on the market. Using it, you’ll get a stable and optimized WordPress hosting environment. And the free web hosting plan also contains great features for your WordPress site.
Moreover, there aren’t many limitations to it, unlike WordPress.com. That’s why whether you’re a newbie, starter, or run a business, 000webhost is a perfect choice. And it also provides 99% uptime service with good speed making your site to be available all the time.
- Provides 300 MB HDD storage.
- Bandwidth up to 3 GB.
- Includes Cloudflare protected nameservers.
- Works with approximately 300 visitors per month.
- Can build 1 site.
- Contains 1 MySQL database and FTP access.
- One-click WordPress installation.
- No annoying ads on your site. Instead, keep your own ads.
- Conducts monthly backups.
- Easily upgrade to a premium plan.
- No 24/7 customer support.
- Doesn’t provide a free SSL so there’s minimal security.
- Won’t get a free domain and also no subdomains.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by 000Webhost
You can easily upgrade your free 000webhost web service to one of the 2 hosting plans. Each of them can also manage your WordPress site.
The following table shows the features and pricing of each of them.
|Plan||Free||Single Shared Hosting||Premium Shared Hosting|
|Starter Price Per Month||$0||$1.39||$2.59|
|Price On Renew Per Month||$0||$2.99||$5.99|
|Number of Sites||1||1||100|
|SSD Storage||300 MB||30 GB||100 GB|
|Monthly Visits (approx)||300||10K||25K|
|Bandwidth||3 GB||100 GB||Unlimited|
There’s a limitation in the storage and bandwidth in its free hosting service. However, with this WordPress hosting service, it’s suitable to start any small to medium-scale projects easily.
So, you can start with the free plan until it meets the limits of the monthly visits. And then, choose any of the premium plans which are very cheap, in fact almost free. And there are tons of advanced features in them at comparatively lower prices.
If you’re looking for secure and ultra-fast free WordPress hosting, then here’s AccuWeb Hosting. The multiple-layer DDoS (Distributed-Denial-of-Service) protection and backup services enable your site to remain secure when using this web host.
While due to the use of pure SSD storage with high capacity, your site becomes blazingly fast. On top of that, you don’t have to also deal with the hassle of ads and banners on your site. Thus, you can use this free WordPress-optimized hosting service for a lifetime.
- Offers 2 GB of SSD storage.
- Comes with 30 GB monthly bandwidth.
- Consists of 10 MySQL databases.
- Able to create up to 25 email accounts.
- Contains 768 MB of RAM.
- Monthly visits can be up to 5K users.
- Provides cPanel control panel to manage your site resources.
- No irritation of ads and banner links and popups.
- Fast loading of sites and high security.
- There’s only 1 server location i.e. Canada.
- Provides limited customer support.
- No website migration option.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by AccuWeb Hosting
The free plan itself contains comparatively more features than some of the other hosting providers. In case you want to upgrade to a premium plan later, then you can easily do so.
For that, let’s see the features and pricing of each of them.
|Plan||Free||WordPress Starter ++||WordPress Pro ++|
|Price Per Month||$0||$9.99||$19.99|
|Number of Sites||1||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|SSD Storage||2 GB||30 GB||50 GB|
|Monthly Visits (approx)||5K||100K||250K|
|Bandwidth||30 GB Month||1 TB Month||2 TB Month|
AccuWeb can be a great option when you need to host a single WordPress site that may have low to medium traffic. The best part is that you’ll be absolutely free from ads and banners making your site look clean and professional.
Additionally, you can easily maintain and scale the features from the control panel. Also, the paid plans contain many remarkable features that work best for a full-featured WordPress site.
AwardSpace is a completely ad-free and easy-to-use hosting platform. So, you’ve got the option to remove all the ads from the site. Or you can also place ads on it for receiving monetization.
With a click, you can easily sign up and get your account instantly activated. After which, using the One-Click installer, you can easily install and also set up your WordPress site within 5 minutes.
Additionally, the web-based file manager eases you to upload your site’s files. Also, you get to edit the programming files. Therefore, you’ve full access to your server.
- Offers 5 GB bandwidth.
- Contains 1000 MB of disk space.
- Gives 99.9% of network uptime service.
- Able to create 1 domain and up to 3 sub-domains.
- Ability to have 1 email account.
- Full support for MySQL database.
- Provides 24/7 customer support.
- Ad-free web hosting service.
- Comes with a free website builder called Zacky website builder with tons of designs.
- No data backup service is available in the free plan.
- Limited MySQL database option.
- Don’t have the cPanel control panel to easily manage the website.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by AwardSpace
Here, we provide you features and pricing of the paid plans alongside the free hosting. So, you can easily determine the abilities of the premium plans if you ever need to upgrade to them.
|Plan||Free||Basic||Web Pro Plus||Max Pack Plus|
|Price Per Month||$0||$2.99||$4.57||$5.83|
|Number of Sites||1 domain 3 subdomains||2||10||Unlimited|
|Disk Space||1000 MB||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Monthly Visits (approx)||–||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Even though there’s a storage limit in AwardSpace, it provides you with full server access. To add more, you get to build 1 site and 3 subdomains with it. Plus, it also has email hosting features. So, as a whole, it can suit well for low-traffic sites.
And at any time, you can also upgrade the plan to a premium service. Here, most of the features are present without any limit and are quite favorable in terms of cost.
Another WordPress hosting platform that provides both free and premium plans is Freehostia. Basically, there are 2 kinds of free hosting in it. One is the Chocolate Plan for free web hosting. While the other is the same Chocolate Plan but for free cloud hosting service.
Using the free web hosting plan, you get to easily create a WordPress site for free. And you get to do that using the One-Click WordPress Installer. The installation process is also simple and you get to use the premium plan whenever you need it.
- Able to host up to 5 websites.
- Storage disk space of 250 MB.
- Offers bandwidth of 6 GB to serve the monthly traffic.
- Ability to create 3 email accounts.
- Provides 1 MySQL database. And there’s 10 MB MySQL storage.
- 99.9% uptime service makes your site highly available.
- There’s a choice to use shared hosting or cloud hosting service for free.
- Offers 24/7 customer support to its users.
- Contains free website templates to choose from.
- Limited storage space of just 250 MB.
- Comparatively, the loading time of a site can be better in other hosting services.
- No subdomain is available.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by Freehostia
The Chocolate Plan is a free web hosting service by Freehostia.
If you want to add extra features and grow your site, then you get to use the following premium plans. Have a look at them to check what features it provides and also at what price.
|Price Per Month||$0||$2.95||$4.95||$7.95||$9.95|
|Number of Domains||5||10||20||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Disk Space||250 MB||500 GB||2 TB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Bandwidth||6 GB||50 GB||1 TB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
This free hosting is suitable for users who want to host a simple site. Such as a portfolio that contains mostly static content. The storage space may be low here but you’ll get full access to the server and good customer support.
The pricing plans of the premium services are also quite affordable and feature-rich. So, in need of more storage or advanced functions, you can easily upgrade to any paid plan.
In search of a free WordPress hosting platform with unlimited bandwidth? If yes, then choose InfinityFree.
Using it, your site will have a 99.9% uptime service to remain available. Plus, it’s also tested to be one of the fastest free hostings that you can find.
However, it lacks basic customer support when you may need it if your site goes down for some reason. Nevertheless, this web hosting service offers you unlimited sites for free. So, you can use it as long and as much as you want until you decide to upgrade it or not.
- Daily hits on your site can be up to 50K.
- You can use up to 400 MySQL databases.
- Provides disk space of 5 GB.
- One-click WordPress installer.
- Add your own domain name or choose a free subdomain name.
- Able to keep free SSL on all of your domains.
- Great average response time of the server.
- Ads-free hosting service makes the site look clean.
- Provides knowledge base support with detailed documentation.
- Unable to create any email account.
- Instead of the powerful cPanel control panel, you’ll get VistaPanel instead.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by InfinityFree
There are several amazing features in InfinityFree which aren’t common for any free web hosting plan. However, if you ever want to improve your site, then you can upgrade to the paid plans.
The features and pricing of all of them are mentioned here.
|Plan||Free||Super Premium||Ultimate Premium|
|Price Per Month||$0||$3.99||$6.90|
|Number of Sites||Unlimited||20||Unlimited|
|Disk Space||5 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
InfinityFree is the best choice for users who want to build lots of WordPress sites. Or if they also want to have high traffic for free.
There are some limitations when considering the email accounts and ease of managing the site’s resources. However, the paid plans are always available for the free plan to upgrade. And that also at cheaper prices.
FreeHosting is yet another free web hosting service suitable for lightweight websites like WordPress blogs or forums. You can also easily build a responsive site using its site builder. So, you get to choose from the 170+ templates available and then add your content to quickly host it.
Moreover, using this host, your website will be available 24 hours a day. It’s because of the high availability and uptime service that it provides.
And if you require certain functions on your site, then you can upgrade the free host with one-time billed add-ons.
- Provides a powerful cPanel from which you can manage your site from anywhere.
- Storage space available up to 10 GB.
- Offers unmetered bandwidth.
- Can host 1 website for free.
- Able to create 1 email account with spam protection and filtering.
- Ability to use 1 MySQL database.
- Supports up to 30K daily visits on your site.
- Able to use your own domain name that’s registered from elsewhere.
- Provides a web-based file manager with unlimited FTP accounts.
- No free domain or subdomain hosting.
- Service is not applicable for users of certain countries like Brazil, Iran, Vietnam, etc.
- Although you get an email account, you can’t send an email with it. So, you require an add-on to do that.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by FreeHosting
FreeHosting contains the Free Hosting Package with free hosting services. While for the paid version, it’s called the Paid Hosting Package.
The features and pricing of both of them are summarized below.
|Plan||Free||Paid Hosting Package|
|Price Per Month||$0||$7.99|
|Number of Sites||1||Unlimited|
If you want to host a single site with enough bandwidth and storage capacity, then FreeHosting is a great choice. A plus point is that you can add your own domain name for your site. However, you can’t have a free domain or subdomain from this hosting provider.
But due to the cPanel dashboard, you get to easily manage your site. And there are tons of add-ons alongside the premium package for boosting your site.
As the name says, Free Hosting No Ads is free WordPress hosting that won’t allow any ads on your site. Also, you get to add your own ads only if you want to make money. Thus, you’ll get to build a high-performance and good loading speed site with its fast and secure servers.
Furthermore, creating a site also becomes easier with its drag and drop website builder. So, you don’t need to have any coding knowledge for building a professional site.
- Able to use 1 of your own custom domain and 3 subdomains.
- Gives disk space of 1 GB.
- The bandwidth is available at 5 GB.
- Provides 1 free email account.
- Offers 99.9% network uptime service.
- Create 1 MySQL database of 30 MB storage.
- Gives 24/7 customer support to its users.
- No annoying ads on your site that make your visitors focus on your site.
- Provides an easy-to-use control panel for managing your hosting account, and more.
- Limited storage space compared to other hosting providers.
- Lack of support for the latest versions of PHP can also lead to compatibility issues with WordPress plugins.
- Doesn’t provide free SSL for your website.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by Free Hosting No Ads
You can compare the features and pricing of the free plan of this hosting service with its paid versions.
The following table helps you to get a better idea about the upgrades you can make after using this free service.
|Price Per Month||$0||$0.5||$5.99|
|Number of Sites||1 domain, 3 subdomain||2 domain, 20 subdomain||Unlimited|
|Disk Space||1 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
If you want to test your WordPress site, then it’s a good option for you. You can use your own custom domain and also get 3 subdomains with it. Also, the premium plans have more features to offer with unlimited services.
However, it doesn’t have support for the recent PHP versions. This may lead to compatibility issues with the WordPress plugins you use. So, if that’s not a big deal for you, then only you can choose this hosting platform.
Byethost is another free hosting network that you can use to host any small business to dynamic websites. It contains an automatic Softaculous Script Installer that can install WordPress and enables you to build your WordPress site. And you can find it on its free VistaPanel dashboard.
This control panel offers you a powerful file manager. So, you can easily upload your files. Thus, you get to manage everything for your site from it. On top of that, you can also view the statistics of your bandwidth, disk space, and database usage here.
- Able to add 5 domains after using an add-on.
- Offers 5 subdomains for free. It can be something like ‘yoursite.byethost.com’ or pick from other 7 options.
- Available disk space is 1 GB.
- Provides 50 GB bandwidth per month.
- Gives 5 MySQL databases to use.
- Free SSL for all hosting domains.
- Provides 24/7 customer support, free tech support, and forums.
- Ad-free hosting for a standard website.
- Uses clustered networks and servers that provide excellent response time, uptime, and also reliable service.
- The maximum size of each file can be only up to 10 MB.
- Comparatively, low storage space is available.
- cPanel control panel present in its premium plans only.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by Byethost
Now, let’s check out the features and pricing of both of its free and premium hosting plans. By that, you’ll get an idea of the functions of the paid plans if you ever need to upgrade your site.
|Number of Sites||5 add-on domains, 5 subdomains||20 add-on domains, 20 subdomain||Unlimited|
|Disk Space||1 GB||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Bandwidth Per Month||50 GB||250 GB||Unlimited|
To conclude, Byethost can be a good choice if you want full server access to your WordPress site. Also, you’ve options for your subdomains. And offers customer support and SSL for free.
However, the 10 MB limit on the individual files can cause trouble when you need to host large files. For your growing site, you can also upgrade to its paid plan and get unlimited features at a reasonable price.
Another famous free WordPress hosting service with unlimited features is x10hosting. On this platform, you get to use free website builders to easily create your site. Also, there are 150+ templates available in different categories that you can use for building any kind of website.
Furthermore, using the automated script installer, you can install and set up WordPress within 5 minutes. And because of the private cloud platform for hosting, your site will be reliable and load faster for a free site.
- Provides unmetered bandwidth.
- Offers unlimited storage space for free.
- Contains DirectAdmin control panel for quickly managing the resources.
- Consists of SSD cloud servers.
- Includes One-Click WordPress installer.
- Provides you with full control over your PHP scripts or third-party package.
- Powerful control panel to fully access and quickly manage.
- Decent customer support through forums and experienced community.
- Few restrictions compared to other free hosting platforms.
- Services are not available everywhere. Since there are limited signup locations so everyone can’t use it.
- Contains cPanel only for the premium plans.
- Free SSL and domain are only available if you sign up for more than 2 years.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by x10hosting
There are great features in its free plan. However, there are some limitations as well. So, you can check what the premium hosting plans offer to clearly understand the features it provides if you want to upgrade.
|Price Per Month||$0||Starts at $6.95|
|Number of Sites||–||Unlimited|
As a cloud hosting platform, your WordPress site will load very fast. Also, it works great as a replacement for some premium hosting platforms. It’s because of the unlimited features that it provides.
The premium plan starts with $6.95/mo if you choose to pay per month. The pricing changes for the better the longer you sign up. So, for a year it’s $5.95/mo. Also, for 2 years, it’s $4.95/mo and for 3 years, it’s $3.95/mo.
Searching for a free WordPress hosting platform that supports unlimited traffic? If that’s so, then choose Free Web Hosting Area.
Here, you can use your already registered domain for creating a free hosting account. Note that all the domain extensions are allowed here. If you don’t have one, you can purchase through the provider’s own service. Not to mention, you can also create free subdomains.
- Storage space of 1500 MB present.
- Able to create free MySQL databases.
- Provides a control panel to change your account details and activate/deactivate features.
- Domain owners get full support to email accounts for free.
- Uses multi-CPU dedicated servers with enough RAM.
- Conducts daily or weekly backups on the external source.
- No ads on the new sites.
- Provides 99.8% uptime service guaranteed.
- Gives responsive support to its users whenever a reported issue.
- Doesn’t provide SSL for websites.
- The file can be a maximum of 12 MB in size for FTP upload.
- Needs to have at least 1 visitor per month. Else inactivity leads to the deletion of the site.
Free & Premium Hosting Plans by Free Web Hosting Area
Free Web Hosting Area is a completely free hosting service. That means there isn’t any premium hosting plan available in it.
The free plan offers you to add just a few ads on your site or not at all. Also, there are few other limits to host certain kinds of sites only.
In case you need to add excessive ads on your site, then you can do that by paying them. So, with $1/mo, you can host any type of site you like with no such restriction.
This web hosting service is great to use if you need high traffic on your site. Also, you get good features like backup, email, database, etc.
However, there isn’t any premium plan yet that can provide advanced features. And the platform is still working on providing SSL on sites, and more.
That’s all for this article. We hope that you find it helpful for choosing the free WordPress hosting for your website.
As we’ve mentioned earlier, you should try and test them before using them for your site. A safe option is to set up a site with dummy content and test it.
To conclude the list of best free WordPress hosting providers, WordPress.com is a safe option to choose from. It’s fully managed by Automattic, the company led by Matt Mullenweg, the WordPress co-founder. However, it doesn’t allow a custom domain.
A good alternative to WordPress.com is 000webhost. It lets you use a custom domain and is relatively more secure than others on the list as it’s managed by Hostinger, a reputed hosting company.
If you’ve more free WordPress hosting services in mind, then post it down in the comment box. You can also do so if you’ve any queries about them. We’ll be happy to guide you to solve your queries.
Anyways if you want to start safely, then consider almost free cheap WordPress hosting services.