Are you in search of the best WordPress live chat plugins? If so, then you’re on the right page.
While your site visitors roam through your site, chances are they might end up having some doubts or queries. And the best way to please them is by answering them instantly. This is where live chat comes in handy.
A live chat feature on your site engages the audience and at the same time opens up a way to gain more sales. But this is only possible once you get your hands on one of the best live chat plugins.
There are plenty of live chat plugins out there in the market, so picking one is a real puzzle. But, you don’t need to fret at all! We’ve compiled some of the best WordPress live chat plugins after doing extensive research. So let’s get into it!
Why is a Live Chat Plugin a Must?
The implementation of live chat on your site allows your visitors to get instant help whenever needed in real-time. It’s crucial to make a good impression, and with that, they’re also likely to visit more often.
The benefits are numerous as you can see by yourself:
- Being the most preferred communication channel, it provides a higher level of customer satisfaction.
- With the inclusion of live chat, you can be more aware of your customer’s needs and desires.
- It reduces the chances of cart abandonment and even bounce rates.
- Live chat minimizes your customer support cost.
- It plays an integral role when it comes to driving sales in the upward direction.
Live chat adds tremendous value to the site. So, site owners these days implement it to make the most out of their site. So, here we’re with the best plugins to add live chat in WordPress.
16 Best Live Chat Plugins
All right, now it’s time to see those best WordPress live chat plugins in action!
And to let you know, we’ve picked them based on the plugin’s popularity, ratings, etc. On top of that, each of them is recently updated.
Crisp Live Chat is the best free live chat plugin of WordPress that comes up with a bunch of amazing features. It features live chat, real-time notifications, desktop apps, mobile apps, availability schedule, etc. It offers a customer messaging platform, and live chat being one of the key features.
With it, you can embed a free live chat module on your site and let visitors communicate with you. Moreover, using this plugin, you can see what your visitors are typing in real-time.
- You can add multiple plugins to extend the functionalities of your live chat.
- With it, you can sneak through your visitor’s information like email, name, location, etc.
- Supports emojis, animations, themes, etc.
- It seamlessly integrates with popular chat platforms like Slack, Messenger, Twitter, Telegram, and much more.
- It allows you to create stunning scenarios with its chatbot builder.
Free. Beyond the free plan, it has other additional plans:
- Pro: $25/month (4 seats included)
- Unlimited: $95/month (Unlimited seats)
Skyrocket your sales and build deep customer relationships using this LiveChat WordPress plugin. Now you can provide on-the-spot communication with your site visitors and even clear their doubts instantly. With LiveChat, you can make your customer service more effective as it includes a built-in ticketing system.
The best thing about this tool is it enables you to provide customer support 24/7. Besides that, it works with all the popular page builder plugins of WordPress. Also, not to forget themes too!
Installation of the plugin is only not enough to add live chat to your site. You require a LiveChat account, and you can create one if you don’t have it. That’s it!
- You can chat on multiple websites by connecting websites to a single LiveChat account.
- Visitor tracking to keep track of your customer’s information.
- Multi-channel communications like Messenger, Apple Business Chat, etc to provide on-the-go customer service across different channels.
- Chat transfer to other agents if in need.
- Supports popular third-party apps and services like Zendesk, Freshdesk, Salesforce, etc.
LiveChat integration plugin is free. But it requires you to purchase one of its plans to use it on your site:
- Starter: $16/month (60-day chat history)
- Team: $33/month (Unlimited chat history)
- Business: $50/month (Unlimited chat history)
- Enterprise: Individual contract with annual billing (You need to call them for this plan)
Live Chat Unlimited is lightweight so it won’t hurt your website performance. You have to pay a one-time fee, and you can install it on unlimited domains. The cool thing is, all the chats transmissions, file uploads, etc are handled on screets Cloud.
And the thing that sets it apart is the feature of multiple operators replying. To put it simply, any of the operators can respond to the queries of the customer. If no operator is available, the chat turns into a different UI i.e. Contact Form.
The following license is for multiple domains. If you’re planning to use it for a single domain, then consider looking at Live Chat Complete.
- It works on HTML pages as well.
- Supports up to 5 operators.
- Offers 250 MB storage for file uploads.
- The plugin has multi-lingual support.
- GDPR Compliant.
It’ll cost you $75 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
Tawk.To is a free WordPress chat support plugin that is widely used all over the world. With it, you can monitor and chat with your website visitors in real-time. Using this plugin, you can see on which page your site visitors are at the moment.
Not only that, it allows you to track every ongoing activity of customers throughout the journey. Also, it provides free iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OSX apps. So, you can stay in touch with your customers from anywhere.
To embed Tawk.To live chat to your site, installation of the plugin alone isn’t enough. A Tawk.To account is also required.
- You can add an unlimited number of agents to your account.
- 1880+ emoji are available for both the visitor widget and agent dashboard.
- Fully customizable widget options along with color schemes.
- It’s translated into 45+ languages making it easy to chat with customers.
- With a built-in Knowledge Base and shortcuts, you can respond quickly.
HubSpot is an all-in-one plugin that is useful for engaging visitors and the growth of your business. Alongside live chat, it provides free CRM (Customer Relationship Management), email marketing, forms, and analytics.
Using it, you can get an idea of where your business is heading with an easy-to-use analytics dashboard. Also, you can create stunning forms and popups easily using its drag and drop builder.
HubSpot live chat takes away the burden from you by adding 24/7 chatbots to your website. And it’s crucial if you’re to take your customer service to another level. To use it, you need to set up a HubSpot account if you don’t have one.
- Nurture your leads with marketing automation campaigns.
- Manage your contact database and also group contacts with the built-in list builder.
- Comes with 20+ pre-designed email templates.
- Easy customization of chat widgets.
- Works great with Zapier, Contact Form 7, Asana, PieSync, etc.
Free. It also has paid tiers and it comes up in various pricing plans:
For the customer service
- Starter: $45/month, 2 paid users.
- Professional: $360/month, 5 paid users.
- Enterprise: $1200/month, 10 paid users.
Tidio is a free WordPress user chat plugin that’s handy for building a strong relationship with customers. Most importantly, it works perfectly on any device. Also, it offers tons of chatbot templates. Or you can even create one using its drag and drop visual editor.
The combination of chatbots with live chat is a powerful way to level up your customer service. With Tidio, you can manage all your live chat, email, and Messenger messages. And that too from one place. However, a Tidio Account is required to use this WordPress live chat plugin.
- You can see who is visiting your site and what they’re looking for.
- Customize the live chat widget the way you like.
- Incoming visitor notifications for engaging them.
- Live typing preview to quickly respond to texts/messages.
- Supports popular eCommerce platforms, Google Analytics, marketing apps, etc.
Tidio is free. However, if you want more than it does have premium plans:
- Communicator: $15/month, Billed per operator.
- Mailing: $25/month, 3 operators available.
- Chatbots: $39/month, 3 operators available.
JivoChat is the most popular all-in-one business messenger that works well on every device. With the Jivo call-back widget, you can also offer calls to your visitors. The customers will type in their phone numbers, and you can make/receive calls via Jivo.
Another cool thing is you can connect all your communication channels and handle messages from a single app. Besides that, even if you aren’t available 24/7, it will collect visitor’s information in your inbox. So, you can respond whenever you’re free.
With the successful installation of the plugin, a JivoChat link will appear in the dashboard area. Afterward, you need to create a JivoChat account to connect with your site. No need to create, if you already have one.
- You can transfer chats between the agents.
- Visitor Monitoring & Smart Triggers to track your visitors in real-time.
- Built-in CRM to manage your customers efficiently.
- Unlimited archive that stores conversation without a limit.
- It fully complies with the GDPR requirements.
Free. The professional version will cost you $19 per month.
8. Social Chat
Developed by QuadLayers, Social Chat allows your customers to initialize the conversation with you via WhatsApp from your site. In the present context, WhatsApp is a leading messaging application worldwide. Thereby, offering easy access to WhatsApp from your site gives you an excellent opportunity to boost your sales.
Your site visitors can send a message directly to your mobile number with the help of the WhatsApp chat button. This plugin allows you to include a box to showcase contact information and a personalized message.
- You can add a custom icon to the WhatsApp button.
- Two different button layouts.
- Hide the button based on post types and taxonomies.
- Has multiple WhatsApp agent accounts.
- Also, it’s GDPR compatible.
Absolutely free. Premium version comes in different pricing plans:
- Personal: $19, 1 site license, Lifetime updates, and 6-month personalized support.
- Agency: $39, 5 sites license, Lifetime updates, and 6-month personalized support.
- Developer: $19, Unlimited sites license, Lifetime updates, and 6-month personalized support.
Join.chat is the best online chat plugin for WordPress, with more than 400000 installations worldwide. Now, connecting your site with WhatsApp contact is a much easier task, thanks to this plugin.
Once the contact button for WhatsApp is added to your site, your web visitors can start chatting with just a click. Most importantly, it’s simple and intuitive to use. On top of that, Join.chat is lightweight and follows best coding practices.
Install the plugin and head into the Join.chat settings. Afterward, fill in all the required information and you’re all set to go.
- Show a notification by using a balloon on the button to catch the user’s attention.
- Customizable theme colors and dark mode.
- You can use dynamic variables in your CTAs and messages.
- Integration with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Facebook Pixel.
- Customizable conversation to start messages.
Free. Premium version is available in various pricing plans:
- 1 site: $49/year, Premium support and updates for 1 year.
- 3 sites: $99/year, Premium support and updates for 1 year.
- 1000 sites: $199/year, Premium support and updates for 1 year.
10. Click to Chat
Click to Chat allows your site visitors to contact you through WhatsApp with a single click. The plugin integrates a button on your site. And by clicking it, customers will be redirected to their WhatsApp account with your chosen number.
From there, visitors can have a chat with you via WhatsApp, and you can solve their queries. Also, no worries if you can’t be there for your customer 24/7 as you can hide the widget when you’re away.
By installing this plugin, a ‘Click to Chat’ link will appear in the dashboard section. You’ve to fill in the information, and you’re ready to chat with your visitors.
- Comes with 8 pre-defined customizable styles/designs.
- You can even create your own custom Element/Design.
- Pre-filled message that appears at the WhatsApp chat window.
- You can add styles at any position of the screen.
- Use shortcodes to add the icon/button.
It’s free. The Pro version comes in different price ranges:
- Single: $14, 1 website, 1 year of updates and support.
- Plus: $29, 3 websites, 1 year of updates and support.
- Unlimited: $59, unlimited websites, 1 year of updates and support.
Smartsupp comes in handy if you’re to make your online shop a successful one. One interesting thing is, it combines live chat and chatbots, offering service from the word go throughout 24/7.
Also, this live chat is very popular in European online shops and websites. It has a mobile app that’s available for both Android and iOS devices.
Furthermore, using it, you can see who is browsing your web store, and all their activities in real-time. With that, it gives you a better idea about their needs, and you can start a conversation with them accordingly. Install this plugin and sign in to your Smartsupp account to connect this live chat to your site.
- Responsive chat box for instant conversation with the customer.
- Offers online support in multiple languages.
- Video recordings to track your website visitors.
- Integrates live chat with emails and Messenger in one place.
- It’s GDPR compliant.
Smartsupp is free. However, it does include different paid packages:
- Standard: $15 for 3 agents/month (1-year conversation history)
- Pro: $72 for 3 agents/month (3 years conversation history)
12. 3CX Live Chat
3CX Live Chat is one of the most popular, effective, and reliable live chat plugins of WordPress. Most importantly, this plugin runs on Cloud Servers, offering you a superior and powerful live chat solution. Visitors can chat by entering their information in the live chat box visible on their screens.
And a notification will pop up in the live chat control panel displaying all their details. All you have to do is accept the chat to start the conversation with web visitors. Moreover, you can integrate with 3CX for a multichannel communications suite that features chat, video, and voice.
Install the plugin, and click on the “Live Chat” link in your dashboard section. Afterward, complete the activation wizard to start using the plugin.
- Allows you to transfer chats to other agents.
- Easy to use interface for both the admin and the visitor.
- You can create a custom offline message form.
- Allows access to the historical live chat records.
- Ability to ban visitors from chatting to you based on IP Address.
Free. The standard plan is free for new users for 1 year including hosting. Other plans do cost you if the number of users is above 12 (Free if less than 12 for 1 year plus hosting as well)
Live Chat by Formilla is another highly-rated plugin that offers free and premium services for your WordPress site. The live chat button will appear once you install this plugin. Also, you can chat via your phone using its iPhone or Android apps.
With its real-time visitor monitoring, you can keep an eye on the visitors to your website. And get all sorts of their information. Furthermore, you can manage the offline messages even if you are away. It’ll send you a transcript of the message via email.
To use the Formilla live chat plugin, simply install the plugin. And afterward, you’ve to sign up for a free Formilla account if you don’t have one.
- Mobile ready chat widget that adapts well to smartphones of any size.
- Language support option for customizing the text of the live chat widget.
- You can keep customers coming more often with automatic email messaging.
- Allows web visitors and agents to securely share files during a chat.
- Transfer a chat message easily with other online chat agents.
Free. The Pro version is available in different price ranges:
- Premium: $15/month (2 Chat Agents)
- Professional: $25/month (2 Chat Agents)
- Growth: $35/month (2 Chat Agents)
Improve your customer experience and pile up your conversion rates with ChatBot. It’s an all-in-one platform to create, deploy, and track chatbots across multiple channels. The best thing about this plugin is, you can create multipurpose chatbots using its ready-to-use templates.
Or you can even build your chatbot with its visual builder by just dragging and dropping elements. ChatBot uses AI algorithms to fulfill your customer needs in a flash. Plus, you need a ChatBot account to use this plugin.
- You can create a multilingual bot that speaks multiple languages.
- Has a fully customizable chat widget.
- It saves all unrecognized phrases and suggests them when in need.
- Quick reply buttons with personalized options for interactive responses.
- Integrations with Facebook Messenger, Slack, etc.
It’s free. ChatBot premium version comes in various price ranges:
- Starter: $42/month (1 active chatbot)
- Team: $126/month (5 active chatbots)
- Business: $424/month (Unlimited active chatbots)
- Enterprise: Fixed price contract with annual billing (You need to contact them for this plan)
15. Support Board
Support Board is a WordPress plugin that enhances your customer experience with artificial intelligence-driven bots and a chat system. It’s a top-quality chat solution for businesses of all sizes. Most importantly, it has a beautifully designed chat for a better user experience.
On top of that, it has a minimalist and modern admin interface. So, from there, you can handle conversations, users, and settings all from one place. Also, it’s fully multilingual and supports 19 languages.
Go to the ‘Plugins’ page and then ‘Upload plugin’. From there you need to upload the file supportboard.zip. But before that, you need to purchase the plugin from CodeCanyon.net and download the .zip file. After that install and set up the plugin.
- Engage them with more than 6 rich message types.
- Saved replies for saving your precious time.
- Notifications like sounds, email, desktop notifications, flash notifications, etc.
- Allow visitors to register and log in straight from the chat.
- Powerful apps and integrations with the likes of Dialogflow, Slack, etc.
To get your hands on it, you’ve to pay $59 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
16. Chatra Live Chat
Last but not least, we’ve Chatra Live Chat. With it, you can sell more, respond to questions and solve their concerns to help them place the order. Most importantly, it can be used to collect actionable feedback like getting the idea of your customer’s needs. Hence, for the better improvement of your site.
Additionally, you can chat from a web dashboard. It even includes desktop apps for Windows and Mac. And not to forget iOS/ Android apps too! Besides that, you can use chatbots to provide frequently asked questions (FAQ). By this, your visitor’s doubts will be cleared without any effort from your side.
After installing and activating the plugin, you’ve to go to Chatra Chat in settings. And then, copy the widget code from the Chat Widgets section of your Chatra dashboard. Then, go back to the WordPress dashboard, paste the code, and press save changes.
- Real-time visitor list to check the number of people browsing your site.
- Unique exit-intent feature to catch those visitors who are about to leave.
- Live typing insights to see the customers typing messages in real-time.
- Collect contact info even when you are unavailable.
- Correct typos that make sure that everything is alright after the message is sent.
Free. Apart from that, it has two other pricing plans:
- Essential: $15 per agent/per month.
- Pro: $23 per agent/per month.
How to Integrate Live Chat into Your WordPress Site?
Here, we’ll be guiding you on how to integrate live chat into your WordPress site. By seeing this detailed explanation you can do it on your own even if you haven’t done it before.
First and foremost, choose a plugin. From the list, we’ll be looking at the Crisp Live Chat Plugin. Go to Plugins> Add New
Search for ‘Crisp Live Chat’ and install it right from your dashboard.
Once the installation gets completed, activate the plugin.
Crisp Settings will pop up in the dashboard section after activating the plugin.
Click on the ‘Connect with Crisp’ button.
Moving forward, you’re required to create a Crisp Account if you don’t have one. Otherwise, you can sign in directly.
Complete all the procedures and you’re ready to use Crisp Live Chat on your WordPress site.
And that’s a wrap! So, in this article, we’ve covered the best WordPress live chat plugins for 2021 (Free+Paid). We hope you liked it!
So, the deal is which one to choose? We’ll make things easy for you! Crisp Live Chat, LiveChat, and Tidio have the most satisfying user reviews and ratings too. Go for it if you don’t have enough pennies in your pocket.
Still, do you’ve any questions? Then leave a comment below.