Are you here to find the best WordPress page builder plugins? Wondering which page builder plugin to choose for your WordPress website? Then, read this article to find out and choose the best WordPress page builder plugin for your website.
A WordPress page builder plugin allows you to create, edit, and manage beautiful WordPress websites with simple drag and drop elements. And, without using any code. Hence, you can create custom designs for your site, even if you’re a non-tech-savvy person.
In this post, we’ll discuss some of the popular and powerful WordPress page builder plugins. We’ll compare these plugins based on their features and pricing cost. So, keep reading till the end of the article.
What is a WordPress Page Builder plugin? Why Use it?
As mentioned earlier, the WordPress page builder is a plugin that allows drag and drop of the design elements to create a website and its pages with minimal effort. WordPress page builder plugin makes it possible to create a professional-looking website cheaply without hiring a developer.
For example, you want to design a website homepage. For designing a website homepage, you’ll need many elements. Some of them may be a slider, navigation bar, header, footer, countdown timers, and a lot more. All these elements must be arranged in such a way that it creates a beautiful homepage.
This is where the WordPress page builder plugins come in handy. Using a page builder, you can organize all these elements, resizing, adding colors, margins, padding, and many more with ease. As a result, in a few minutes, you’ll get a fully customizable homepage.
When starting a website, many beginners and skilled developers get some difficulty when customizing the sites. Luckily there are WordPress themes that come with different page templates and layouts. But some of them are difficult to customize and require some sort of coding knowledge.
So, in this case, with the help of the WordPress page builder plugin now, you can easily customize your complete website. The drag and drop feature present in the page builder plugin helps move the elements in a different position on your customization. Page builder plays an essential role in the custom design of the website.
Top 12 best WordPress page builder plugins (Free + Paid)
Elementor is one of the popular WordPress page builder plugins with a visual drag-drop editor. It is considered as one of the first free and open-source page builder plugins of WordPress. Launched in 2016, Elementor is the younger WordPress page builder plugin on the list.
The Elementor plugin is easy to use and is beginner-friendly to anyone. With 100 ready to use landing page templates, Elementor allows building web pages that look great on all devices. Also, these ready-made templates can be customized according to your needs.
- It comes with 300+ Elementor blocks to build stylish website pages.
- Elementor page builder supports undo and redo function. It means you can go back if you don’t like the changes made.
- With its built-in maintenance mode, you can display a coming soon or under construction page when making changes to the site.
- Elementor pro version is integrated with WooCommerce builder that helps to create an online store.
- The Elementor theme builder customizes every part of your site, including header, footer, archive pages, WooCommerce products, and a lot more.
Elementor is a free WordPress page builder plugin. It also comes with its premium version ‘Elementor pro.’ The premium version of Elementor costs around $49/year for a single site to $199/year to 1000 sites.
2. Divi Builder
Divi is a powerful drag and drop page builder plugin for WordPress. It’s a plugin created by Elegant themes, a popular WordPress theme, and plugin company.
There’s also a very popular theme with the same name ‘Divi’. It’s the perfect theme with Divi builder support, however, you can use the plugin with any other WordPress theme.
The Divi page builder plugin is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor which lets you preview the design as you build. Plus, it offers 800+ pre-made website layouts so you can quickly start your design. Moreover, you can save the layouts, import, and export them to use on other Divi sites.
- Divi comes with 46 simple and flexible content elements. It includes a pricing table, audio player, call to action, buttons, and many more options to build beautiful pages.
- It lets editing the content using both the front end and backend interface. Most users prefer the frontend interface.
- With Divi version 4.0, it has added full theme building support. Now you can use the Divi plugin to edit the header, footer, templates, etc.
- It consists of a tone of customization option for fonts, colors, size, etc., and also, you can create custom page layouts.
- Divi page builder lets you add custom CSS to different elements. However, for this, you need to have CSS knowledge.
Divi is a premium page builder plugin. The pricing starts from $89/year for unlimited sites. For lifetime access, you’ll need to pay $249.
Beaver Builder is one of the best free WordPress page builder plugins for beginners. With the drag and drop content modules, you can edit and create your custom website in a quick time. Plus, the plugin is responsive, Gutenberg-ready, and also compatible with every WordPress theme.
Like other page builder plugins, Beaver Builder comes with dozens of page templates. This lets you create a beautiful page design simply by replacing the sample content, images, text with yours. Moreover, Beaver Builder supports shortcuts and widgets, and you can use another WordPress plugin to make the site more enhancing.
- It supports a live frontend visual editor allowing you to design a page with real-time previews.
- Beaver Builder consists of different content modules that include sliders, galleries, buttons, testimonials, counters, etc.
- To increase and grow the email list for your site; you add a contact form, i.e., WP forms.
- Before using Beaver Builder directly on your site, you can try its demo site with all its features.
- Besides the landing page, it comes with content templates for pricing tables, the about us page, portfolios, team pages, etc.
Beaver Builder is both free WordPress page builder plugin. However, you can switch to its premium plan for advanced features that start from $99- $399.
WP Bakery, formerly known as a Visual Composer, is one of the most widely used page builder plugins worldwide. It is the best-selling plugin on CodeCanyon. With dozens of content elements, available one can customize the site without a single coding knowledge.
The feature that makes WP Bakery stand out from the crowd is editing and designing the pages with front-end and back-end editor support. Apart from that, it supports 500+ add-ons for extending your site’s feature and making it more engaging to the users.
Also, the page builder plugin WP Bakery is integrated with Yoast SEO that keeps the site SEO friendly.
- It comes with 60+ pre-designed layouts that can be customized according to your website needs.
- WP Bakery is integrated with popular multilingual WordPress plugins like Polylang, WPML. So, it helps to make multilingual websites easily.
- With WP Bakery page builder skin builder, it makes it easy to customize the overall look of your website.
- The add-ons and extension feature of this plugin lets you add various features such as content boxes, audio player, WooCommerce features, etc.
- WP Bakery functionalities can be extended more with WP Bakery page builder API (Application programming interface).
WP Bakery is a premium plugin of WordPress. The pricing starts from $45 for a single site to $245 for use in a single SaaS (Software as a service) application.
SiteOrigin is a lightweight and popular WordPress plugin with more than 1 million active installations. Since it supports all WordPress widgets, you can add your favorite widgets to the site you’re building. Also, it works with all the WordPress themes.
The plugin is best for creating responsive grid-based page designs that look great on all devices. Besides the drag and drop interface, you can add a range of content modules into your custom layout pages. Also, with the advanced row builder features, you can choose the exact number of rows for each column added.
- The undo and redo feature of SiteOrigin Page Builder lets you move forward and backward to the changes made.
- It has 26-pre built templates that can be imported and added to your site with a single click.
- SiteOrigin allows both frontend and backend, live editor. The live editor gives the exact preview of your site content.
- Customization includes reorder rows, resize columns, move widgets, add custom CSS, and a lot more.
- With the premium plans, you can build custom post types with a reusable page builder layout.
SiteOrigin is a free page builder plugin. However, it also has a premium version with a starting price of $29 for a single site and $99 to use on unlimited sites.
Themify Builder is a simple, responsive, yet powerful WordPress page builder plugin created by Themify. It gives total control of your site, including header, footer, templates, custom pages, post, etc. With the drag and drop interface, you can create simple website pages quickly.
Since it supports both backend and frontend editor interface, you can move the content modules (Text, videos, slider, map) freely anywhere. Also, the modules can be arranged in rows, columns, and creating grids. For more advanced modules, you can buy their add-ons at a reasonable price.
- It allows copying the modules from one page to other pages on your website.
- 60+ prebuild layouts and animation effects to make visually engaging pages
- The visibility control feature allows displaying or disabling the module or row on different devices.
- It is compatible with most of the popular WordPress plugins like Jetpack, Yoast SEO, Mailchimp, WPML, etc.
- With its premium plan, you’ll get a pack of 25 addons like slider, typewriter, bar chart, and a lot more.
Themify Builder is a freemium (Free + Premium) plugin. Premium pricing starts from $59 for a single site to $249 for lifetime access.
Brizy is one of the new WordPress page builder plugins aimed to design a website without coding. It is a feature-rich plugin with an editor interface that is simple, lightweight, and super easy to use. The drag and drop options make it even easier to place the rows, columns and design your site.
The best part of Brizy is that it only shows what we need while editing rather than loading us with an unnecessary editing option. As compared to other page builders, Brizy gives more control over the website images like upload, zoom, resize, focus, etc.
Also, this plugin’s autosave features directly save your website content, so you don’t need to worry about the content getting deleted.
- It comes with 150+ pre-made blocks that include header, footer, call to action, slider, gallery, etc.
- With Brizy’s built-in feature, you can turn your website into coming soon or maintenance mode. You don’t need to install a plugin for it separately.
- Brizy offers 10+ popup templates to choose from. Some of them are: on page load, on click, arriving from, etc.
- By default, it has 20 font families. However, Brizy is integrated with Google fonts for more font options to install a new font.
- Brizy allows you to enable the background into the dark mode for a new look.
Brizy has both free and premium versions. When switching to the premium version, you’ll need to pay $49/year – $99/year, depending upon the number of sites.
Visual Composer is more than just a page builder plugin. It’s a website builder that makes designing a WordPress website fast and easy. With its live frontend drag and drop editor, you cannot just design page content, but also the header, footer, etc. which aren’t possible with most other page builders.
Without a single line coding, it gives a design option to create a pixel-perfect design and apply background effects (parallax, video, slideshow, gradient). Other customization options include logo design, menus, header, footer, sidebars, and more. Besides that, it works with every WordPress theme and the newest WordPress editor.
- It comes with professionally designed templates, content elements, and extensions that can be imported with a single click.
- For creating an online store, Visual Composer is integrated with the WooCommerce module.
- The automatic responsiveness settings allow designing responsive websites or adjust the layout for all device types.
- Visual Composer is compatible with every custom post type. You can modify any blog post, pages, etc.
- You can download the content elements, image addons from the Visual Composer Hub. Visual Composer Hub is a free cloud marketplace where it offers everything needed to create a website with regular updates.
Visual Composer is available in free and premium versions. When switching to the premium version, it costs around $59/year to $349/year.
Thrive Architect is a popular page builder and lead generation plugin that’s specially built for conversion-focused websites. The plugin is built from the ground that converts your website visitors into subscribers, clients, and customers. It has a visual editor that lets you see edits and changes made in real-time.
It comes with 200+ beautifully designed conversion-focused landing page templates and is entirely customizable. It’s a great choice if you want to do great with email marketing. Also, the user interface is more modern and has more styling options as compared to other page builder plugins.
- It offers customizable call-to-action buttons, countdown timers, testimonial boxes, lead generation forms, etc.
- With responsive previews, it supports redo/undo changes made.
- Thrive Architect has a breadcrumb selector/navigation that helps to switch to different posts and pages.
- For more styling designs, it has animation effects, action, and supports hover effects.
- Custom CSS feature of Thrive Architect allows you to add your CSS styling to the page designing.
Thrive Architect is a premium plugin. It starts from $67 for a single site to $97 for 5 sites. Also, you can join the Thrive Architect membership for $19.
10. WP Page Builder
WP Page Builder is a lightweight WordPress page builder plugin. Being a lightweight plugin, it won’t slow your website, which helps to rank higher in search engines. With its drag and drop functionality, any developer, even beginners, can design the site without any code.
With WP Page Builder, you get access to different design elements like text, images, icons, buttons, shape dividers, etc. Moreover, after designing your own block, you can save it on the WP Page Builder library and reuse it on any page of your website. It gives you several pre-designed templates that can be customized and create a website in a minute.
- It offers flexible row and column layouts, i.e., adding rows, columns, adjusting padding, etc. Anything you design or create with WP Page Builder is 100% mobile responsive.
- With WP Page Builder, you can add WordPress widgets to your site.
- It has Multilingual supports that helps to reach your website to global audiences.
- 30+ add-ons are available that can be modified and use on your website. Some of them are Form, Carousel, Pricing tables, etc.
- WP Page Builder has a huge collection of icons necessary to highlight or differentiate the content.
WP Page Builder is a free page builder plugin.
SeedProd is one of the easiest drag and drop page builder plugins for WordPress. It is also considered the best and powerful plugin with its fast-speed techniques compared to others. Moreover, it has pre-built smart sections such as headers, call to action and block like a progress bar, social share, star ratings, etc.
The page builder plugin SeedProd comes with 100+ stunning readymade templates. The subscriber management feature of SeedProd lets you access the WordPress dashboard through which you can view the number of people who have subscribed.
SeedProd also comes with pre-designed coming soon, maintenance mode, and 404 pages, which can be switched on or off upon requirements.
- It has reCAPTCHA spam protection that helps to detect spammers.
- With the access control feature, you can allow the specific user or IP addresses to access your site even when it is in construction mode.
- SeedProd is integrated with popular email marketing services, Google analytics, and Zapier.
- It produces bloat-free minimal code that makes your site loading speed fast. This is also good for your website SEO.
- It is a 100% mobile responsive page builder plugin that looks great on all devices.
SeedProd is available for free. However, a premium version costs around $39.50/year for a single site to $299.50/year for an unlimited site.
Live Composer Site Builder is an open-source page builder plugin. It has a front-end editing feature through which you don’t need to switch to other tabs for previewing the changes. Also, adding and editing code is very simple with its drag and drop interface.
The plugin Live Composer comes with 40+ content modules that are best for creating custom landing pages and blogs. Besides that, it has a built-in templating library that saves and imports the custom templates. Other customization feature includes the header and footer editing, mobile-responsive designs, animation effects, etc.
- It works compatibly with the WordPress block editor Gutenberg.
- The plugin is compatible with all WordPress themes. Moreover, you can select several WordPress themes along with the Live Composer page builder built-in.
- With its premium plans, you’ll get access to WooCommerce integration, extra add-ons, and extensions.
- The drag and drop interface makes it easy to edit the website content and pages.
- Since this plugin works with popular WordPress SEO plugins; it makes it generates SEO-friendly code. This helps in better SEO ranking.
Live Composer is a free plugin. However, for extra add-ons and extensions, you’ll need to pay for it.
What to look for when installing a Page Builder plugin?
Knowing about a page builder plugin is not enough. Every plugin is different from the other with a unique feature on them. Before installing the plugin on your site, you must carefully research and pick a plugin that suits and fulfill your site’s necessary requirement.
Here we’ve discussed some of the major requirements that must be considered when installing a page builder plugin:
A website is only successful if it has a fast loading speed. If you want good traffic on your website, speed plays a vital role there. When installing a page builder plugin, choose the one that loads the pages, images, and content faster.
Pre-made layouts and templates are a blessing to every developer. Creating your own layout/ templates is possible, but it takes some effort and time. Since the page builder plugin comes with pre-made templates, choose the plugin that offers various template options.
Every website has an estimated budget before starting it. Also, every page builder plugin has its respective pricing plan with features. Some of them are free too. In this case, you must select the plugin that comes around your budget.
Every website has a different styling option, whether it be content styling or menu items. Each of the page builder plugins has styling options. However, when choosing the plugin, make sure to go with the one that offers some unique styling options and matches the website’s flow.
We use the page builder plugin so that it’ll help us in customizing our custom website. But what if the plugin we select is difficult to use! So, the best WordPress plugin is the one that has a user-friendly environment and has an interface that’s fun to work with.
Elements are the building block for every website. The greater number of elements, the more options you get to customize your site. However, every element is not required, so make sure the page builder plugin you choose contains some basic elements. Some basic elements option includes a basic heading, text, buttons, images, and a lot more.
And that’s it!
Here we discovered some of the best page builder WordPress plugin so that you can create, edit, and manage your website with ease.
Every plugin is unique and possesses a special character within it that differs from each other. Also, every website’s requirement is different from others, so it’s not necessary to stick with a single page builder plugin.
If you want a simple drag and drop plugin, go with Beaver Builder since it’s easy to use and has all the characters necessary for customizing the website.
Now it’s your turn. Which is your favorite WordPress page builder plugin? And Why?
Please feel free to comment below. Also, if you have any queries or confusion, leave a comment. We’ll try to reach out as soon as possible.
Also, check our collection of best WordPress speed optimization plugins.