Are you searching for the best WordPress Q&A plugins for your website? Or want to know how to add a question and answer section on your site? If yes, then you’ve landed at the correct place.
Question and Answer (Q&A) forums like Quora and StackOverflow are receiving amazing success. Such forums provide opportunities for people to ask questions and share their thoughts. Moreover, it also benefits online brands and businesses to gain credibility.
If you’re thinking of adding such forums to your WordPress website, then you can simply use a plugin. And, luckily there are a handful of question & answers plugins available in WordPress.
But choosing the best plugin from many options is a bit tricky. So, for your ease, we’ve come up with a list of the best 10 WordPress Q&A plugins in 2022.
So without any delay, let’s start.
How to Select the Best WordPress Q&A Plugin?
Before choosing a plugin, it’s good to figure out a list of things that you must look for. So, when you’re selecting among the WordPress Q&A plugins, you need to consider the following points:
- Responsiveness: The first and foremost thing to consider is to check the responsiveness of the plugin. It means that the plugin must work well on mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Easy to set up and use: You must be able to easily and quickly set up and use the plugin. It’s important because it saves your time and requires less effort.
- Customization: Next thing is the customization options available in the plugin. It must allow the questions and answers of visitors to match the look and feel of your website.
- Translation Support: An important thing that the Q&A platform must provide is ease of communication. So, the language mustn’t be limited to English but also allow support for language translation.
- Frequent Updates: At last, the plugin you select needs to provide frequent updates. It’s better if it’s recently updated to provide better features and options.
If you want to look for more of the things that one must consider while choosing a plugin, you can check our article on how to choose the best WordPress plugins for your website.
Now, let’s jump into the list of the best WordPress Q&A plugins.
Top 10 WordPress Question & Answer Plugins 2022
We’ve listed different free, freemium, and premium WordPress Q&A plugins here. You can check the description, features, and pricing of these plugins that work for any kind of website.
Afterwhich, you can choose the one that’s preferable to you.
Do you want to add an elegant and streamlined discussion board to your site? All you need is bbPress.
bbPress is one of the most popular WordPress Q&A plugins with over 200K active installations. It’s a simple yet powerful discussion forum developed by Automattic, the creators of WordPress.
You can have a seamless integration of this plugin with any theme on your site. Moreover, as your community grows, you can also scale the features with ease.
It’s a lightweight and easy-to-use plugin. Moreover, it provides a quick option to add an ask and answer platform to your site. Your visitors can ask and answer the question, while you can manage the forum through the WordPress admin dashboard.
- Consists of a visual editor to perform certain customization on your forum. As its open-source software, for more design and operations, you can also edit the code yourself.
- Able to import forum posts from other tools and use them on your site.
- You’re able to divide your forum into multiple sections. And then you can allow your visitors to create content individually.
- It provides multisite support to create and manage your sites from a single dashboard.
- Allows your registered customers to edit, delete, and add flag spam on the posts.
- Supports Akismet Spam Protection to protect your site against malicious content.
To your surprise, this plugin is 100% free. You can simply download it from WordPress.org and use it on your WordPress. Or directly install it on your site from the dashboard.
2. Sabai Discuss
Sabai Discuss is a premium WordPress question and answer plugin that you can use for multiple purposes. You can build your community-based site or a discussion forum with it. Moreover, you can also use it for a help desk portal or a knowledge base website.
In this plugin, there are tons of options available for building an ask and answer platform. It includes 5 shortcodes and 9 WordPress widgets for you to use.
Plus, your visitors can search for questions and answers using different keywords and categories. They can also include comments and file attachments on the questions and answers.
- Provides a responsive design that adjusts well to any screen size.
- Develop a multilingual website that also supports RTL (Right to Left) languages.
- Can display the featured and favorite questions on the page.
- Option for visitors to vote the comment, question, or answer with thumbs up and down.
- Consists of automatic spam moderation that flags the questions, comments, or answers.
- Able to integrate this plugin with any WordPress theme you use.
- Provides 10 email notification templates that you can use.
To get all these exclusive features, you need to purchase this plugin from the CodeCanyon marketplace. The cost of this plugin is $24.
3. CM Answers
CM Answers is another powerful and mobile responsive WordPress Q&A plugin. It allows your visitors to add Q&A in StackOverflow style. Using this plugin, you can build a lightweight and easy-to-use discussion forum on your existing WordPress website.
The dashboard of this plugin allows the admin to perform various actions to moderate the discussions. Here, you’re able to sort the question-and-answer pages. Plus, you can also perform automatic approvals.
Admin can also get email notifications about the new questions and answers. Such email notifications can also be sent to users about new answers to their questions.
- Option to display views count and answers count on each question asked.
- Users can provide votes to the question. This also allows you to display the vote count.
- Contains a demo template that you can easily customize and use for your site.
- Allows language translation to languages like Russian, German, Spanish, and more.
- Option for anonymous users to post questions and answers on your site (premium).
- The private answer option enables visitors to mark an answer as private and only the question author can view it. Similarly, the private question option allows visitors to send questions privately to the website admin (premium feature).
- Creates a public page of users containing questions and answers they posted. Along with it, users can keep the link of their social media profile on this public page (premium feature).
CM Answers is a freemium plugin available both in free and paid versions. You can install the free version right from your WordPress dashboard as it’s available on WordPress.org.
The premium version of this plugin is available in 3 pricing plans. The Pro version for 1 site costs $39. The Pro Anonymous for 1 site costs $59. While the Ultimate version with 6 add-ons for 10 sites costs $119.
AnsPress is one of the best question-and-answer plugins for WordPress. With this plugin, you can add a full question and answer system to your existing WordPress website. also, you can use this plugin to create a Q&A network similar to StackOverflow and Quora.
Moreover, it’s not limited to questions and answers. You can use it in different ways, like a bug tracker, an internal Q&A board, a support ticket forum, an FAQ, etc.
- This plugin allows you to vote and select the best answer.
- It also comes with email notifications and web push notifications.
- You can also add featured sticky questions on your website.
- Also, allow the user to flag or report the question.
- In addition, it fully integrates with BuddyPress.
- Moreover, it supports 10+ languages.
AnsPress is a 100% free plugin available at the official plugin directory of WordPress.org. You can also download it from your WordPress dashboard.
WP-Answers is one of the best and first comprehensive WordPress question and answer plugins. Along with the plugin, it also consists of a free responsive WordPress theme with all the necessary features. So, for building a new community website, you can use this theme and customize it to provide a unique look.
Plus, you’re also able to add a Q&A forum to your existing WordPress website. This means that you can also integrate this plugin with any WordPress theme you use.
Furthermore, your visitors can log in to your forum with their social media profiles. This helps to boost the online presence of your community.
- Can import Q&As from StackOverflow automatically on your site. This enables your site to have content and become busy right from the beginning.
- Facebook and Twitter integration allows your users to share your content on their social media profiles.
- Provides a complete configurable point system where users earn points. The points are given on the basis of upvotes and downvotes on questions, answers, and comments.
- Able to reward top participating or best-answered users with points. Also, you can display a leaderboard that encourages users to participate.
- Has built-in support for the reCaptcha system on signup and during question submission. This prevents visitors from entering spam content on your site.
- Integration with Paypal that allows you to charge your users for posting their questions.
To get these features, you need to purchase this plugin on the WPeka marketplace. It costs $34 and comes with premium support and automatic product updates.
Simple:Press is a WordPress question and answer plugin with enterprise-class forum capabilities. It’s because the free and premium versions of this plugin consist of hundreds of features. These features provide everything you may need in forums.
Plus, you can easily handle thousands of posts and users on your site using this plugin. There are unlimited forums, subforums, and forum groups that can guide you to maintain your small to large discussion community.
- Consists of a powerful user group and permission system. It also restricts users to access WordPress admin.
- Compatible with popular free and premium themes.
- Able to use custom avatars or Gravatars for a better user experience.
- Option to post questions and answers without login or registration of the user.
- Contains SEO practices to optimize your site. Able to create an SEO-friendly forum slug. Also, compatible with all the popular WordPress SEO plugins.
- Allows users to send and retrieve private messages among themselves. It’s also possible with admin and moderators (premium).
There are tons of features in the free version itself. But if you need additional functions, then you need to purchase the premium version of the plugin.
There are basically 3 pricing plans according to the number of sites you can build. For 1, 5, and unlimited sites, this plugin costs $199, $358, and $644 per year, respectively.
7. Heroic WordPress FAQs
Heroic WordPress FAQs is a powerful WordPress Q&A plugin for creating and managing FAQs on WordPress websites. It provides seamless integration with most WordPress themes. Because of this easy integration, you can use the powerful shortcodes to add your FAQs anywhere on your site.
Moreover, adding FAQs is more simple by using the FAQ configurator present in this plugin. There are also 5 predefined styles that you can use. Along with that, there are unlimited options available for the configuration of the FAQ section as per your company’s brand.
- Reduces the repetitive questions get posted on your site. This helps you to focus more on your sales and conversion rate.
- Fully optimized to provide responsive design for any device.
- Provides an intuitive drag and drop interface. From this, you can easily create and manage Q&A and group FAQs.
- Able to add rich content for a better customer experience. Such as images, lists, videos, and more for FAQs.
- Translation-ready plugin to generate multilingual websites.
- Consists of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) practices to help your website rank higher on search results.
The Heroic WordPress FAQs plugin is available in 3 different pricing plans. The most popular one is Heroic FAQs Pro which costs $69 for 3 websites. You can also purchase Heroic FAQs Business for 5 websites worth $149. Lastly, Heroic FAQs Basic is best for beginners to use on one site and costs $49.
8. DW Question and Answer Pro
DW Question and Answer Pro is one of the best-selling WordPress Q&A plugins. You can use this lightweight plugin with almost any popular WordPress theme available in the marketplace.
There are specifically 2 custom shortcodes and 7 custom widgets present in this plugin. Using the shortcode, you can show all the questions on a single page. This question listing page also consists of many features that you can easily manage from the front end. It includes filtering, sorting, search option, and paginations.
Furthermore, for the answers and comments on the questions, users can submit their entries in private mode as well.
- The best answer according to the question owner can be kept right after the question. This allows visitors to easily read the accurate answer to the question.
- Able to keep the ask question form on a sidebar or a separate page. Your users can include title questions, detailed descriptions, categories, and tags while asking a question.
- A voting system feature is also present that allows visitors to vote on people’s questions.
- You can display the view count of a question to determine popular questions.
- Option to send email notifications for new questions, answers, and comments to admin. Also able to add custom templates and styles for making emails.
- The Ajax-based solution allows users to quickly search for information on your site. Enter a certain keyword then you’ll get the results instantly.
The free version of this plugin isn’t updated for the latest WordPress releases. So, it’s recommended to only use the premium version of this plugin. It costs $39 at CodeCanyon marketplace with 12 months of support. you can also get additional 6 months of support for an extra $12.75.
9. Question Answer
Question Answer is another free WordPress Q&A plugin to build a fully functional Q&A platform in WordPress. Without any coding, you can use this plugin to develop support websites or community Q&A websites. Plus, there are shortcodes and responsive readymade pages from which you can create your Q&A site in no time.
For security, this plugin allows users to flag the comments to warn the other users. Moreover, there’s an option for private and public answers to questions. While the public answer is for everyone, the private answer is seen by the admin and question owner only.
- Able to filter and search on the basis of category, keywords, and question status.
- Can display the view count, answer count, and vote count (upvote and downvote).
- Translation-ready plugin to create a multilingual forum.
- Allows displaying the featured question at the top with an attractive background.
- Contains sorting option for questions by title, comment count, latest post, and date. Similarly, it consists of sorting options of answers by votes and date.
- Users are able to subscribe to the questions. From this, they can receive notifications about new answers to those questions.
Question Answer is a 100% free plugin. However, there are certain add-ons also available for it that provide more additional features. Such as for email notification and importing other popular Q&A plugins to use their features as well.
WooDiscuz is a free WooCommerce question and answer plugin that allows you to form a discussion board for your online store. For this, the plugin adds a new tab ‘Discussion’ that contains the WooCommerce product comments. Now, you can allow the visitors of your site to ask pre-sale questions and share information about your products.
This plugin is fully compatible with WordPress and WooCommerce. Moreover, it’s also compatible with BuddyPress and other profiling plugins. From this, you can also use the different WordPress avatar systems to create a better user experience.
- Provides a simple, responsive, interactive, and easy-to-use user interface.
- Option to allow forming a new discussion thread and reply to existing comments.
- Different pagination options including Ajax load more comments option.
- Social media integration allows visitors to share the products on Twitter and Facebook.
- Consists of anti-spam features to not allow spammers to comment on the forum.
- Option to notify admin and comment authors about new comments or replies.
- Contains a smart voting system for voting positive and negative comments.
You can get all of the above features for free. For more features, there are many add-ons also available for this plugin. All of the add-ons are of different price ranges. For more information, you can check it out on its original website.
And we’ve reached the end of this article. Here, we listed the 10 best WordPress Q&A plugins in 2022. Now, it’s your turn to select the suitable plugin among these to add an ask and answer platform to your WordPress site.
We recommend you bbPress if you want a free plugin for an elegant discussion board. But other premium and freemium plugins like Sabai Discuss and Simple:Press also provides commendable features. Whichever plugin you choose, we assure you that these plugins will help you gain success in your business.
If you want to ask any more questions, then you can comment down below. We’ll try to provide you with a response as soon as possible.
Also, you can read some of our top pick articles on the best WordPress event plugins and best WooCommerce membership plugins.
For more upcoming articles, follow us on Facebook and Twitter and view our future updates.