Wondering what are the best WordPress plugins and tools for your site in 2022? If that’s a yes, then here’s what you’re looking for.
There are over 59,000 free WordPress plugins that you can find in the WordPress.org plugin directory. Moreover, you can get thousands of premium and third-party plugins from other different sites.
Choosing the best WordPress plugin from this massive pool of plugins isn’t that easy, especially if you’re a beginner. So many plugins with a huge number of features can really confuse anyone.
WordPress plugins are useful for adding different features and functionalities to your website. They help to increase the productivity and efficiency of your site.
To help you find the best ones easily, we’ve handpicked the 35+ best WordPress plugins and tools in 2022. So, let’s get into it.
How to Choose the Best WordPress Plugins?
Using the best WordPress plugins is very crucial for the proper functioning and growth of a site. So, when you’re creating a website, you must carefully choose the plugins.
1) First, start by creating a list of all the features you want on your site. That’s because you don’t need all plugins out there. Deciding what options you want to add to your site will help you narrow down your search.
For example, you may need the must-have WordPress plugins, like an SEO plugin, a security plugin, a backup plugin, a caching plugin. Now, all you need to do is find out which plugin is best in its category. Like, which is the best SEO plugin? It’s pretty easy!
2) Secondly, you need a WordPress plugin that is easy to use and set up. Having a complex setup and usability can have a bad effect on productivity by killing lots of your time unnecessarily. So, ease of use is an important aspect that you have to search for in plugins.
3) Third, you should make sure that the plugin you’re getting is trustworthy and is frequently updated. Going over the history, reputation, and customer feedback of the plugin can really help to know how exactly the plugin is.
It also helps you know if it provides the features that you are looking for and if it fulfills its promises.
For more points, please check our guide on how to choose the best WordPress plugins for your website.
35+ Best & Must-Have WordPress Plugins for 2022
It can be a hassle for someone starting in WordPress to figure out which are the best WordPress plugins to get.
To minimize the hassle and help you to make choices, we’ve prepared a list of the best WordPress plugins and tools for your site in 2022 along with their features.
So, let’s check them out!
1. Yoast SEO (SEO)
Yoast SEO is a must-have WordPress SEO (Search Engine Optimization) plugin for your website. It helps you to easily optimize your content and pages for SEO so that you can rank higher in search engine results. Also, it offers real-time analysis of your content for keywords, title, meta, and more.
Moreover, it also comes with many added features for the improvement of your content’s readability. It helps to analyze your content by proper indication and what you can do to improve it. So, it has the best features and functionality that you need from an SEO plugin to help your site rank higher and get good traffic.
- Analyzes your content for SEO and implements an indication system to judge the SEO level.
- Highlight any weakness in SEO for your content.
- Creates XML sitemaps for your site.
- Suggestion to optimize your content further according to keywords.
- Analyzes content for keywords density, passive voice density, transition words, and many more.
- Helps breakdown content for much better readability.
- Generates URLs automatically and creates breadcrumbs.
- Constantly updated and provides great support.
Thus, Yoast SEO is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins that you can find.
Yoast SEO is free to use. So, you can download it from the plugin directory of WordPress.org or its official site. Another way is to simply install and activate the plugin directly from your WordPress dashboard. And this process is the same for all the free WordPress plugins.
However, you can upgrade Yoast SEO to the premium version for $99/year per site to get more premium features. With that, you get full access to Yoast Academy also.
Yoast SEO Alternative Plugins for WordPress SEO
Want to try Yoast SEO alternatives for your site? Check out the following plugins:
- Rank Math – Exclusive features like Content AI – SEO content writing assistant based on artificial intelligence. Cheaper than Yoast, the free version is available on WordPress.org, premium plans start from $59/year.
- All in One SEO – Powerful features like SEO Audit Checklist – help to detect and fix critical errors. Get a free version from the WordPress plugin repository. The paid version starts from $49/year. Check All in One SEO vs Rank Math.
- SEOPress – Get your content on search results faster with Instant Indexing for Google, Bing, and Yandex. Also a freemium (available on WordPress.org for free and costs $39/year for the pro version).
2. CoinGate Plugin (Cryptocurrency)
Now that cryptocurrency is here to stay for a long time(forever), we’d take a benefit from it. Hence, it’ll be better if we integrate crypto payments into our website and online store.
For that, CoinGate can be a quite good cryptocurrency WordPress plugin that will do the work for you. With this, you can quickly and easily accept Bitcoin, Litecoin, Doge, and other cryptocurrencies on your WooCommerce store.
It’s an integration WordPress plugin that connects your WordPress site with CoinGate, which is a standalone crypto payment gateway. All you need to do is signup for a CoinGate account and integrate the payment solution via the WooCommerce plugin.
- Allows your customers to choose from 70+ cryptocurrencies to pay with – Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin, Doge, XRP, Lightning Network, and more.
- The payment amount is calculated using real-time exchange rates.
- Fully automated cryptocurrency processing platform and invoice system.
- Provides a Sandbox environment for texting with Testnet Bitcoin.
- Doesn’t charge you any recurring fees or setup fees.
CoinGate plugin is a completely free WordPress plugin that you can download from the WordPress.org plugin repository.
3. Wordfence Security (Security)
There are thousands of malicious attacks happening over the internet in every instance. That is why keeping your website secure from those malicious attacks and hacks is very crucial for maintaining a good site.
Wordfence Security, one of the best WordPress security and firewall plugins, is a great solution for the problem. It offers features like login security, traffic monitoring, spam protection, and more. It’s the most popular WordPress security plugin with over 100 million downloads.
In addition to that, it comes with firewall protection that takes care of malicious attacks, malware, brute force attacks, and prevents them from getting hacked.
- Scans for malware, malicious attacks, and viruses.
- Provides malicious network blocking feature.
- Real-time traffic monitoring.
- Email alerts for threats and problems.
- Brute force protection.
- Protection from spam.
- Two-factor authentication (2-FA) login security.
- Premium support with the premium version.
With increasing cyber-attacks, it’s very important to keep your site secure and free from attacks. And Wordfence Security plugin is the best and most popular WordPress security plugin.
It’s a free plugin to use. So, easily download it from WordPress.org or its official site.
But you can also subscribe to a paid version with added features. So, the pricing plans available for it are:
- Premium: At $99/year, it comes with real-time IP blacklisting and country blocking features.
- Care: Costs $490/year and offers features like unlimited incident response and hands-on support for your business.
- Response: At $950/year, you’ll get 24/7/365 incident response for mission-critical websites.
Wordfence Security Alternative Plugins for WordPress Security
Have a look at the best alternatives for Wordfence Security:
- Sucuri Security: A cloud-based security plugin with strong DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) prevention. Freemium plugin (free version present in WordPress.org plugin directory, premium version starts at $199.99/year).
- iThemes Security: Unique feature – ‘Away’ mode that blocks all access to the admin dashboard when you’re not around. Free plugin available on WordPress.org. Premium plans start at the cost of $60/year.
4. Akismet (Spam Protection)
Although the Wordfence Security plugin provides some amount of spam protection, it is a wise move to get a trustworthy anti-spam plugin that you can manage easily. Akismet is just that. It’s one of the best anti-spam WordPress plugins that protects your site from spammers.
Akismet checks every comment on your blog and filters out the spammy ones from them. It provides the log for each comment so that you can check which comment was found as spam and approve or deny it. Thus, this plugin makes taking care of filtering out spam comments very easy and hassle-free.
- Checks out each and every comment for spam.
- Provides a detailed log for comments.
- Alerts for false identification.
- It grows over time to recognize more accurately.
- Runs in the background and is hassle-free for setup.
- Removes suspicious links automatically.
It’s free for personal websites. So, you get to either download it from WordPress.org or its official site. Also, installation right from your dashboard is possible.
But you need to buy a paid version for commercial websites. And there are a few pricing plans for it:
- Plus: At $8.33/mo, you get 10K – 40K API calls/mo and priority support. Its best for commercial sites.
- Enterprise: Costs $41.67/mo and comes with 60K API calls/mo for unlimited sites. This makes it best for multisite installs.
- Enterprise Plus: It can cost up to $208.33/month that’s best for large enterprises and offers custom API limit and dedicated support.
Akismet Alternative Plugin for WordPress Spam Protection
Here’s the best alternative to Akismet:
- Antispam Bee: Search the commenters marked as spammers easily in the local spam database. 100% free plugin available to download from WordPress.org plugin repository.
5. UpdraftPlus (Backup)
With an increase in cyberattacks and malicious attacks, the chances of losing your data due to malware or hacks are rising. In the midst of these phenomena, getting a good WordPress backup plugin is very crucial.
UpdraftPlus is a free WordPress backup plugin that can help you protect your website from data loss. It comes with great auto-backup features. It allows you to create a complete backup of your site and store it virtually to cloud servers easily.
Along with that, it comes with many more features. You can use its schedule backup feature to back up your data. It also has selective backup features to backup selective pages or posts from your site.
Even if a plugin provides good backup features, restoration can be a hassle sometimes. However, with the UpdraftPlus direct restoration process from the dashboard, it’s hassle-free and requires no additional effort.
- Provides an easy-to-use interface.
- Features like scheduled and automatic backups.
- Easy restoration process.
- Fast backup process and selective backup features.
- Can store backups directly to cloud services.
UpdraftPlus is one of the best WordPress backup plugins you can get for free.
It’s a free backup plugin so you can download it from its official site or the WordPress.org plugin repository. Also, another easy way is to install right from your WordPress dashboard.
But you can still get a premium version with additional expert support and database encryption. And the pricing plans for it are:
- Personal: Costs $70 for up to 2 sites.
- Business: At $95, use it for up to 10 sites.
- Agency: This plan costs $145 and you’ll get a license for 35 websites.
- Enterprise: It’s worth $195 and you’ll have the license for unlimited domains.
UpdraftPlus Alternative Plugins for WordPress Backup
Some other great backup plugins are:
- BackupBuddy: Customize what you want to save and what to leave while taking the backup of your site. Premium plugin with the starting cost of the lowest plan as $80/year.
- Everest Backup: Look at your overall backup history and easily download your database, themes, plugins, and media. Free plugin present in WordPress.org.
6. WP Super Cache (Cache)
WP Super Cache is a very popular caching and performance plugin for WordPress. It creates HTML files for dynamic pages which greatly increases the page speed.
Loading the created HTML file for your dynamic pages helps improve the load time because it doesn’t have to process heavier PHP scripts. It helps to improve the overall performance of the site. Also, it can compress pages more efficiently and it comes with a simplified user interface.
- Has a simplified user interface to access its features.
- It has great compression features that help decrease page load time.
- Turns your dynamic pages into HTML files to increase load time.
- Uses mod_rewrite to serve cache files.
- Supports Content Delivery Network (CDN) which reduces crash chances and boosts speed.
WP Super Cache is one of the top WordPress caching plugins that helps you to boost the speed and decrease the page load time of your site.
You can get WP Super Cache for free. As a free plugin, you can download it from the plugin directory of WordPress.org. Also, the easiest way is to install the plugin from your WordPress dashboard directly.
WP Super Cache Alternative Plugins for WordPress Cache
Have a look at the top alternatives for WP Super Cache:
- WP Rocket: Contains multiple extra add-ons to manage and optimize tasks like Analytics, Pixel Facebook, Varnish, etc. Rather a premium plugin with the starting cost of $49/year.
- W3 Total Cache: Minify your HTML, CSS, and JS files that can save up to 80% bandwidth for best website performance. Freemium plugin (free plugin downloadable in WordPress.org, premium version costs $8.25/mo).
- LiteSpeed Cache: Advanced caching features like cache vary support – cache can vary based on the user group, geolocation, and currency. Free plugin present in WordPress.org.
7. Smush (Image Optimization)
Smush is one of the best WordPress image optimization plugins. Images make your site more attractive and engaging. It is important to grab the attention of viewers. But uploading images without compression can cause your site to load slower because of large-size images.
Compressing the images and media files on your site helps decrease your site load time by a lot. For a smooth and fast website, it’s important to compress and optimize image files. And Smush automatically compresses your images and eliminates the manual hassle of compressing.
It doesn’t reduce the quality of your images and optimizes them using advanced compression algorithms.
- Automatically compresses the image file on a new upload.
- Retains the quality of the image file.
- Increase the speed of your site without reducing quality.
- Optimization is done via a smush server, so it doesn’t require your resources.
- It can bulk compress up to 50 attachments at a time.
Smush image compressor is free to use and really one of the best image compressor plugins for WordPress.
You can get the free version of the Smush plugin for WordPress. For using it, download it from WordPress.org.
Also, you get to buy the Smush Pro by choosing one of its pricing plans. Each of them offers features like unlimited backup smush, backup original images, etc. The plans are:
- Just 1: Costs $5/mo for a 1-site license.
- Up to 10: At $11.67/mo, use for up to 10 domains.
- Unlimited: With the price of $24.17/mo, you get to use it for unlimited sites.
Smush Alternative Plugin for WordPress Image Optimization
An alternative to Smush is given hereby:
- Imagify: 3 levels of compression i.e. Normal, Aggressive, and Ultra. They are for lossless (no loss of image quality), stronger, and strongest lossy (unrecognizable quality degrade) compression, respectively. The free version in WordPress.org paid version starts at $4.99/mo.
8. Perfmatters (Performance)
One of the best performance plugins for WordPress, Perfmatters is a must-have plugin for every website. The main purpose of Perfmatters is to help you boost your website’s speed by optimizing WordPress settings and disabling unnecessary features.
Furthermore, it has a lot of advanced features through which you can block virtually every service (emojis, queries, comments, and more) except the ones required to run your website. This is also made easy with toggles. You can toggle those services on or off through this plugin.
- Disables virtually every service for your website except the most vital ones.
- Quick toggle options allow you to toggle services on or off in a single click.
- Database optimization helps filter spam requests, comments, and auto-drafts to increase your website’s speed.
- Disables unnecessary scripts that are not required to run your website.
It’s a premium plugin that you can purchase from its original site. The plans available are:
- Personal: For 1 site, this plan costs $24.95/year. It comes with 1 year of updates and support.
- Business: Costs $54.95/year and gives access to use it for up to 3 sites with all the features of the Personal plan.
- Unlimited: At $124.95/year, you’ll get a license for unlimited sites. Also, it offers multisite support.
Perfmatters Alternative Plugin for WordPress Performance
Looking for another performance plugin? Then, here’s one for you.
- Hummingbird: World-class caching – consists of a complete set of cache tools for a fast browsing experience including full-page, browser, and Gravatar caching. Freemium plugin, free version available in WordPress.org while Hummingbird Pro starts at $5/mo.
9. WPForms (Contact Forms)
WPForms is one of the best WordPress contact form plugins. Using it, you can very easily make forms for your website. It has many templates that you can choose from and with its easy drag and drop builder tool, designing one is no hassle too.
Creating contact forms, email subscription forms, and other types of forms just takes a few clicks to set up and design. You can easily integrate it with email marketing services to grow your newsletter and email list.
- Beginner-friendly and easy drag and drop WordPress contact form builder tool.
- It comes with pre-built templates.
- Mobile-friendly and responsive design.
- Uses smart conditional logic to easily create high-performance forms.
- Easily integrate it with email marketing and payments portal.
- Protects from spam submissions.
- Different add-ons are available.
Thus, WPForms is indeed a must-have WordPress contact form builder plugin.
WPForms is a free plugin so easily download it from WordPress.org. Also, you can search for ‘WPForms’ in your WordPress dashboard’s Plugins menu to directly install it.
Even though it’s available for free, you can still subscribe to the premium version to get more features like collecting payments and conducting surveys. So, the pro pricing plans in it are:
- Basic: $39.50/year, use on 1 site, unlimited forms, subscriptions, and users, features like file uploads, field validation, etc.
- Plus: $99.5/year, use on 3 sites, all Basic features plus marketing integration, form automation, and more.
- Pro: $1999.5/year, use on 5 sites, all Plus features plus advanced form features, accept payments, etc.
- Elite: $299.5/year, use on unlimited sites, all Pro features plus site management, premium integrations, etc.
WP Forms Alternative Plugins for WordPress Forms
Here’s the list of the best alternative form plugins.
- Gravity Forms: Multiple secure and creative ways to collect data like email validation, field validation, quizzes, polls, etc. Premium plugin with the cost of the Basic license as $59/year.
- Contact Form 7: Protection against spam via CAPTCHA and Akismet spam filtering. Completely free plugin so you can download it from the plugin directory of WordPress.org.
10. Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg (Gutenberg Blocks)
Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg is a free yet powerful WordPress blocks plugin that contains multiple advanced Gutenberg blocks. To be specific, there are 30+ unique blocks in it. Some of its block categories are content blocks, social blocks, form blocks, post blocks, etc.
Additionally, it gives you a great website-building experience. And that’s because of its simple settings and intuitive customization options. As a result, you can build beautiful sites using those creative blocks and styling options in no time.
- Comes with 75+ starter sites built using the Astra theme.
- Suitable for anyone whether you’re a beginner, marketer, web designer, or developer.
- Able to use blocks to make any kind of site such as blogs, membership sites, etc.
- The copy-paste style function allows you to easily use the same styles in multiple blocks.
- Creates a fast website without the need of using any third-party plugin or custom code.
Thus, it’s one of the best WordPress blocks plugins to get additional Gutenberg blocks for building a site.
Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg is a completely free WordPress plugin. So, you can download it from the WordPress.org plugin directory or its original website. Also, you can install it directly from your dashboard.
Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg Alternative Plugins for Extra Blocks
Wondering which are the best alternative WordPress plugins for blocks? Then, check out the list below.
- Kadence Blocks – Provides around 19 additional blocks to use. Some of them are tabs, infobox, table of content, countdown, icon list, accordion, spacer, etc. Free version is available on WordPress.org, with premium plans starting at the price of $69/year.
- GenerateBlocks – Powerful features like the ability to create global styles and use them throughout your site with much ease. Also, a freemium plugin, a free version available on WordPress.org, and GenerateBlocks Pro start at the cost of $39/year.
Also, make sure to check out our list of the best WordPress block themes for Full Site Editing (FSE).
11. Elementor (Page Builder)
Elementor is the most used WordPress page builder plugin. It’s a very powerful design tool with an easy-to-use builder. You can pretty much do any kind of website designing with this tool with no coding required.
Furthermore, it’s a simple and flexible tool and has a very fast and responsive design. It comes with 30 widgets and pre-made templates to help you design. You can easily create custom designs for your site. Plus, it works well with all the popular WordPress themes.
Being an open-source project, many developers have contributed to building themes, add-ons, and functionality to the Elementor plugin.
- Has an easy drag and drop builder tool.
- No coding knowledge is required.
- Comes with more than 300 designer templates.
- Has 100+ widgets to choose from.
- Responsive design.
- Provides great support.
Overall, it’s perfect for developers and actually even for beginners.
It is one of the best WordPress page builder plugins and is free to use. You can download it from its official site or the WordPress.org plugin repository.
You can also get its premium version that’s available in multiple plans, they are:
- Essential: $49/year, 1 site activation, 90+ basic and pro widgets, 300+ basic and pro templates, and more.
- Expert: $1999/year, 25 site activation, all features of the Essential plan, and get experts network profile.
- Studio: $499/year, 100 site activation, all the Expert plan functions, plus VIP support.
- Agency: $999/year, 1000 site activation, and all the Studio plan features.
Elementor Alternative Plugins for Page Builders
Get a glance at its great alternatives too.
- Beaver Builder: Uses lightweight and semantic markup for maximum site performance. Also, it has a movable popup editor. The free version is present on WordPress.org. For the pro version, the starting price is $99/year. Check Elementor vs Beaver Builder
- WPBakery Page Builder: Powerful feature – provides both front-end and back-end page builder options. Premium plugin with the cost of a regular plan as $56. .
12. WooCommerce (eCommerce)
WooCommerce is a very popular plugin in WordPress that powers over 21.3% of the online stores. With over 9 million downloads, it’s one of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins. It’s very versatile and comes with a huge library for feature extension.
You can easily make an eCommerce website with many important features like category sorting, product rating, and more. You can add many different add-ons to your WooCommerce and extend it with different features like live chat, currency converter, and more.
Being an open-source platform, it has a wide variety of features to choose from to make your website how you want.
- Has a clean and easy-to-use user interface.
- Built-in shipping and customs tax calculation.
- Comes with pre-installed payment gateways.
- Easy to customize and design.
- Contains a huge library of extensions and add-ons to add.
- Basically, it is a single solution for your eCommerce needs.
WooCommerce is the best WordPress eCommerce plugin and is free to use. Although it comes with many free add-ons and features, some features require you to pay.
WooCommerce Alternative Plugin for WordPress eCommerce
If you’re looking for an eCommerce plugin for digital products, then check this out.
- Easy Digital Downloads: A comparatively lightweight eCommerce plugin best for selling digital products. Free plugin downloadable from WordPress.org. The starting price of the premium plan is $99/year.
13. Dokan (Multivendor Marketplace)
Dokan is one of the most useful WordPress plugins to create a multivendor marketplace. A multivendor marketplace is simply a place where multiple third-party sellers can sell their products. For example, you can also create a marketplace like Amazon.com with Dokan.
A great thing is that all of your vendors and customers get a rich frontend dashboard. With that, they get highly benefited. Such as vendors can manage their product inventory and view their sales reports to check their store’s overall performance.
- Able to use any WordPress theme that’s compatible with WooCommerce.
- No limitation on the number of vendors and products to add.
- Ability to sell any kind of product whether physical or digital downloads.
- Earn from sales along with vendor commission or product-based commission.
- Add the product review feature to help customers gain trust and build your brand value.
- Activate/deactivate the vendor selling rights to control who can/can’t sell on your site.
Overall, Dokan is one of the most used and best WordPress multivendor marketplace plugins.
Dokan is a freemium plugin, so there are both free and premium versions of it. It means you can easily download the free version from WordPress.org or its original site. Another way is to simply install the plugin from your WordPress dashboard.
For getting the exclusive features for your marketplace, you can choose one of the following pricing plans for its premium version.
- Starter: At $199/year, you’ll get the license for 1 site. And it gives features such as product bulk edit, commission types, admin coupon support, 2 premium modules, etc.
- Professional: Costs $187/year and you can use it for up to 3 sites. Also, comes with Razorpay integration, WC Product addon integration, 12 premium modules, and more.
- Business: Its price is $349/year which you can use for up to 5 sites. Plus, you’ll get 21 premium modules, and features like geolocation, auction, and many more.
- Enterprise: At $649/year, this plan allows you to use the plugin for up to 20 sites. Alongside that, you get live chat support, priority support, etc.
Dokan Alternative Plugin for WordPress Multivendor Marketplace
Here’s an alternative to Dokan that may suit your needs.
- WCFM Marketplace – Provides a better frontend experience for vendors with both graphical and textual stats. Download this free plugin from the plugin repository of WordPress.org. Also contains premium add-ons with the minimal price of $11/mo.
14. GiveWP (Donation and Fundraising)
If you have a website that supports donations or exclusively does donations, then GiveWP is the best plugin for you. This is a donation plugin that manages donations and fundraising very well.
It has a variety of features that make this plugin a must-have for donation websites. You can customize donation forms, view analytics related to the donation, accept charitable gifts, and more with this plugin.
- Simple and powerful donation forms.
- A complete report of your donation or fundraiser forms.
- Also, gives a complete report of your donors and their activity.
- Generate tax-deductible donations and integrate with many third-party services with the help of GiveWP API.
The free version of this plugin is available to download from its original site. Or, you can also download it from the plugin repository of WordPress.org.
When it comes to its premium version, there are 4 pricing plans. They are:
- Basic: $149/year, all basic add-ons, license for 1 site, and premium support.
- Plus: $349/year, all premium add-ons, 30-minute ‘Fundraising Website Audit’, and the Basic plan features.
- Pro: $499/year, peer-to-peer fundraising, VIP support, and other Plus plan features.
- Agency: $599/year, license for 5 sites, and other Pro features.
GiveWP Alternative Plugin for WordPress Donation
- PayPal Donation: Test in Sandbox mode and then insert the PayPal button anywhere on your site for donation via PayPal. Freemium plugin (free plugin present in WordPress.org, paid version with starting pricing plan of $33.99).
15. User Registration (Registration Form)
If you’re looking for the best WordPress user registration plugins, then here’s User Registration. It has a drag-and-drop form builder that allows you to easily create a custom registration form. Whether you want a simple form or a complex multi-step form, you can do that with this plugin.
The best part is that there are multiple customization options available for every field and form. And you get to also extend the functionality using its best premium WordPress add-ons.
Moreover, it consists of several custom fields that are quite useful. Such as country, checkbox, multichoice, dropdown, and more.
- Automatically creates a WordPress user profile account for all your registered users.
- Send customized email notifications for successful registration, password change, etc.
- Contains strong spam protection features using Google reCAPTCHA and Honeypot.
- Assign user roles and define who can access what content and perform what actions.
- Supports integration to payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal, etc.
- Works well with the best WordPress plugins like WooCommerce and LearnDash.
To conclude, we can say that User Registration is indeed a must-have WordPress plugin.
You can easily get started by using the free version of User Registration. All you’ve to do is either download it from the WordPress.org plugin directory or install it from your dashboard.
And when talking about its premium version, you’ll get more features to include on your forms. So, you can choose from one of its 3 pricing plans given hereby.
- Personal: At $69/year, you can use the plugin for 1 site and get 1 year of support and updates. And offers features like advanced fields, PDF form submission, file upload, etc.
- Plus: Costs $149 and you get to use it for up to 5 sites. Along with the Personal plan features, you also get features like geolocation, invite codes, email templates, and more.
- Professional: With the price of $299/year, it comes with all the Plus plan features. Here, you can use the plugin for unlimited websites.
User Registration Alternative Plugin for WordPress Registration Form
Want to know another top WordPress plugin that serves as the best alternative for User Registration? Then, here it is.
- RegistrationMagic – Shows every user registration form by a form card – this gives an at-a-glance view of form submissions, user registrations, etc. Freemium plugin, so free version available in WordPress.org, paid version starts with the cost of $89/year.
16. MemberPress (Memberships)
MemberPress is the #1 most popular WordPress membership plugin available on the web. This plugin helps you create a full-fledged membership website and manage memberships with ease. A membership website allows you to deliver your content according to the membership levels of your users.
Additionally, it has a unique feature that separates it from other membership plugins. That is your members have access to more than one membership at a time. It’s useful if you have a lot of content and your users must go through them in serial order.
- The “Access Rules” feature helps you protect your content and only allows authorized members to access it.
- Provides unlimited members and unlimited membership levels so you can have a lot of members.
- Allows members to pause or restart their membership.
- Enable you to group products for different member types.
- You can also set custom time periods for recurring payments that help you cut the sweat during a sale that occurs periodically.
MemberPress is a premium plugin so you need to purchase it by choosing one of its pricing plans. The plans are:
- Basic: $179/year, 1-site license, features like drip content, Stripe and PayPal integration, etc.
- Plus: $299/year, 2 site licenses, features like forums add-on, developer tools, and more.
- Pro: $399/year, 5 site licenses, features including Authorize.net integration, sell corporate accounts, etc.
MemberPress Alternative Plugins for WordPress Membership
There are other paid and free WordPress membership plugins available. Among which, the best alternatives are:
- Paid Memberships Pro: Supports integration to popular payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, 2Checkout, etc. Download the free plugin from WordPress.org. The premium plan starts at the price of $297/year. Check Paid Memberships Pro review.
- ARMember: Charge your members for each content page/post. With that, users can also access only what they are looking for. This pro plugin costs $59 for the regular license at the CodeCanyon marketplace. Check the ARMember review.
- Restrict Content Pro: Gives detailed reports to easily view how well your membership site is performing in any time period. This paid version starts with the cost of $99/year. Also has a free Restrict Content version present on WordPress.org.
17. LearnDash (Library Management System)
The Learning Management System (LMS) refers to a program that allows teachers and learners to create online courses and run them. If you want to offer any courses online, then LearnDash is the plugin you should pick. This plugin makes it easy for you to put your course out on the internet and gain students for it.
Moreover, it has a variety of features that helps you grow your course as well as help your students learn in the best possible way. The most unique feature of LearnDash is that you can have a “Focus Mode”. Through this, your students can learn in a distraction-free online environment.
- You can set access to courses based on some prerequisites that the students must complete.
- LearnDash has a drag-and-drop course builder which allows you to create your course very easily if you have its content ready.
- Advanced Quizzing allows your students to test themselves with 8 different types of questions, question banks, and more.
- Dynamic Content Delivery makes it so that your students don’t miss out on a particular lesson.
LearnDash is a premium WordPress plugin. So, there are a few pricing plans to purchase it. And they are:
- Basic: $159, 1 site license, features including unlimited courses, unlimited users, advanced quizzing, and more.
- Plus Package: $189, 10 site license, all the features of the Basic plan plus it includes ProPanel.
- Pro Package: $329, 25 site license, and includes each Plus plan feature.
LearnDash Alternative Plugins for WordPress Library Management System
- LifterLMS: Powerful course builder where you can create courses and quizzes in one place. Download its free version from WordPress.org. While it has several paid add-ons with the individual tentative price of $120+/year.
- Tutor LMS: Get reports on the best and worst-performing courses. Also, track the courses based on multiple other filters like popularity, search, etc. Free plugin available on WordPress.org. Also, it contains paid plans with a starting cost of $149/year.
18. BuddyBoss (Online Community)
BuddyBoss is one of the most popular WordPress solutions to build online communities, and sell memberships, and courses. It’s in fact a WordPress plugin plus theme package tailored for creating a successful online platform.
This plugin offers community features such as the formation of forum discussions, social groups, member profiles, private messaging, etc. As a result, you can easily set up an online community platform with it.
- Able to include gamification features like points, ranks, rewards, and achievements.
- A multilingual plugin that also supports RTL (Right to Left) languages.
- Integrates well with all the best WordPress page builder plugins.
- Compatible with all the best WordPress membership plugins.
- Give access to your online platform on mobile phones via a mobile app.
- Charge subscriptions or one-time payments to access your online platform.
Overall, BuddyBoss is one of the essential WordPress plugins best for creating an online community.
BuddyBoss is a bundled solution that offers pro plans containing the free BuddyBoss theme and BuddyBoss Platform Pro plugin. Each plan provides 1 year of priority support and updates.
Based on the number of sites you can use the plugin with, it contains 3 pricing plans. They are:
- 1 Site: At $228/year, you can easily launch your online platform on your way. As you get the license for 1 site.
- 5 Sites: With the price of $288/year, you can use the plan for up to 5 sites. With that, you get a complete solution for your business growth.
- 10 Sites: The price of this plan is $388/year and it suits a growing business agency. You can use it for up to 10 sites.
BuddyBoss Alternative Plugins for WordPress Online Community Sites
If you want to consider other WordPress community plugins that are the best alternatives to BuddyBoss, then here we go.
- BuddyPress – Let your members show that they identify other members of your community with BuddyPress’s friends component. Rather a free plugin that’s available in the WordPress.org plugin directory.
- WP Dating – Start your online dating platform – contains basic and advanced search options to easily find people. Premium plugin with multiple pricing plans, the starting price is $149.
If you’re thinking of giving your community site the best design, then here’s our list of the best community WordPress themes.
19. Crisp Live Chat (Live Chat)
Looking for the most helpful WordPress plugin to add the live chat features on your site? Then, here’s Crisp Live Chat.
Crisp Live Chat is an all-in-one live chat WordPress plugin with amazing features for your business. It helps you to grow your email list, generate leads and enhance customer relationships. So, with the live chat function, you can create a personalized experience for your customers.
In the live chat, you get to build advanced chatbot scenarios to automate your customer onboarding. Along with that, it provides the ability to share files, images, and documents. And the users can also preview the videos and GIFs for better conversational experiences.
- Offers desktop apps and mobile apps to stay connected even when you’re not at work.
- Able to connect the Crisp Live Chat to social networks like Instagram and Messenger.
- Add a fun game i.e. CrispyBird to engage your visitors until you come online in the chat.
- Centralize all your conversations on multiple platforms in one Crisp shared inbox.
- Monitor your system status in real-time by connecting your server to Crisp Status.
Thus, Crisp Live Chat is one of the best WordPress live chat plugins for your business.
Crisp Live Chat is a freemium plugin. The free version is called the Basic plan that you get to easily download from the plugin repository in WordPress.org. Or from its original site as well. Also, you can install and activate the plugin right from your WordPress dashboard.
To get the advanced features, you can purchase one of its 2 premium plans. And they are:
- Pro: Costs $35/mo per website and comes with great features like private notes, unlimited history, audio messages, block users, internal search, etc.
- Unlimited: At $95/mo per website, you’ll get features including chat reminders, user ratings, video chat, analytics, SMS, and more.
Crisp Live Chat Alternative Plugin for Live Chat
There are several other WordPress live chat plugins available in the market. Apart from Crisp Live Chat, we recommend you to try LiveChat.
- LiveChat – Offers lots of chat tools like message sneak-peek, chat tags, chat transfer, inactive messages, etc. Also, a freemium plugin, download the free version from WordPress.org. Pricing plans start cheap at $16/mo for the premium version.
20. Mailchimp for WordPress (Email Marketing)
If you need a newsletter form on your website, then Mailchimp for WordPress is a must-have plugin.
As you might already know, Mailchimp is the go-to newsletter software that helps you create better newsletters through various methods. And this plugin lets you easily connect your WordPress site with Mailchimp and start sending emails to your subscribers.
You can also create good-looking option forms, or integrate them with any form on your website with the help of this plugin. It also has excellent integration with a lot of plugins for WordPress.
- Lots of add-ons are available for download.
- Good-looking and user-friendly newsletters.
- Well-optimized for all kinds of devices.
- Smooth integration with plugins like Contact Form 7, WooCommerce, Ninja Forms, and more.
- Well-documented newsletters.
Download the free version of Mailchimp from WordPress.org. Or, there’s also a download option on its original site, so you can get it from there too.
For the premium version, there are the following pricing plans with these exclusive features:
- Essentials: At $11/mo, you’ll get this plan with features like custom branding, email and landing page templates, etc.
- Standard: Costs $17/mo and comes with custom templates, dynamic content, and others including Essentials plan features.
- Premium: At $299/mo, it contains all the Standard features plus advanced segmentation, phone & priority support, etc.
Mailchimp for WordPress Alternative Plugins for WordPress Email Marketing
- Newsletter: Exclusive features like automated newsletters – automatically creates periodic newsletters with your blog contents. Search ‘Newsletter’ in WordPress.org and install the free plugin. Contains paid add-ons, also pro packages with the starting cost of $69/year.
- OptinMonster: Offers different types of campaigns/approaches to generate leads like sidebar forms, floating bars, lightbox popups, content lockers, countdown timers, etc. The free version is available on WordPress.org, starting cost of the paid version is $9/mo.
21. ThirstyAffiliates (Affiliate Marketing)
ThirstyAffiliates is a link management WordPress plugin that serves best for affiliate marketing, a type of digital marketing. Affiliate marketing is performance-based marketing in which affiliates get rewards for each visitor attracted by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts.
Thus, this plugin is basically a tool to create shorter affiliate links to websites. So, you can convert the affiliate links to attractive links helping you earn money. Moreover, you get to manage all your links for changing the destination URL in one place.
- Able to group your affiliate links into hierarchical categories. Like all the software links in the ‘Software’ category.
- Choose from 301 (default), 302, or 307 link redirects that are safe link redirects.
- Provides built-in reports to check how much your affiliate links have been clicked.
- Manage your affiliate links via CSV. So, import/export and update across sites with ease.
- Ability to give alternative destinations for international clicks through country targeting.
Looking at the features justifies that ThirstyAffiliates is a WordPress plugin with great features even in its free version.
The free version of ThirstyAffiliates is available on WordPress.org. So, you can download it from its plugin directory. Or you get to install the plugin from your dashboard right away.
ThirstyAffiliates Pro has exciting features like custom post types, REST API compatibility, automatic keyword linking, link scheduling, etc. Based on the number of sites you can use it with, there are 3 pricing plans for it. They are:
- Basic: Suits best for single-site owners with a price of $48.
- Plus: If you own multiple sites, then choose this plan worth $99 to use on up to 5 sites.
- Advanced: To the empire owners, this plan costs $149 and gives a license for up to 10 sites.
ThirstyAffiliates Alternative Plugins for WordPress Affiliate Marketing
Here’s another great alternative for affiliate marketing that you should check out.
- Pretty Links – The best part about it is that the process to make pretty affiliate links is way simpler, also you can add a custom slug for it. Freemium plugin (free version available on WordPress.org, premium version starts the pricing plan at $79/year).
22. Advanced Ads (Advertisements)
A simple ad manager WordPress plugin that allows you to create, manage, and display unlimited ads on a site is Advanced Ads. The best part about it is that you can have lazy loading ads. It means the ads load only when the users scroll to them in their browser enhancing performance.
In addition to that, you get to also create separate ads for mobile and desktop devices. And inserting AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) ads on the AMP pages results in fast mobile websites. With that, the ads will look good and have the best performance on every device.
- Create multiple kinds of ads to display like popup ads, background ads, trigger ads, etc.
- Works well with all the major ad types and networks. Such as Google AdSense, Google Ad Manager, Amazon ads, etc.
- Choose whether to display your ads on specific pages, page types, or others.
- Schedule your ads by keeping a start or expiry date and time of the ads.
- Use the duplication function to easily create a duplicate of an ad.
- Compatible with essential WordPress plugins like bbPress, BuddyPress, BuddyBoss, etc.
Other than these, there are more features that this plugin contains. This makes it one of the must-have WordPress ad plugins.
Advanced Ads is also a freemium plugin. Like any other free WordPress plugin, you can either download it from WordPress.org. Or directly install it from your WordPress dashboard.
Its premium version is called Advanced Ads Pro. Moreover, you can get some of the exclusive features from its paid add-ons. Altogether, there are 3 pricing plans available. They are:
- Pro: At $49, this plan includes Advanced Ads Pro with 1 year of support plus updates and free activation on test sites.
- All Access/1 Site: Costs $89 and comes with all the Pro plan features. Also, it contains all add-ons for tracking, responsive ads, sticky ads, ad slider, etc.
- All Access/5 Site: With $129, you’ll receive all the add-ons and Pro plan features. And you can use it for up to 5 sites.
23. MonsterInsights (Google Analytics)
Knowing who your audience is and how your website is seen from the perspective of visitors is really important to improve your site. Google Analytics is a great tool to do so. It gives you statistical reports on your website traffic.
MonsterInsights plugin is one of the best Google Analytics plugins for WordPress. It provides the best way to connect your WordPress site to your Google Analytics account. You can see how your visitors find your website and what they come for.
With good enough data about the audience that your site reaches too, you can use it to improve your site. You can also track your views from multiple platforms and get tailored reports. You can easily monetize and get the most out of your site using this data.
- Real-time statistical report.
- View report from Dashboard.
- Get the track views from multiple platforms using Universal tracking.
- Integrated with Google AdSense.
- Track the affiliate link, download numbers, outbound link tracking, and many more.
MonsterInsights is indeed a most useful Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
You can get it for free with its many included features. To download the free version, go to the plugin repository of WordPress.org. Or just install it right from your dashboard with ease.
But you can also get premium versions that contain the following 3 pricing plans:
- Plus: $99.5/year, use on 1 site, features for standard reports, growth tools, and standard tracking.
- Pro: $199.5/year, use on 5 sites, features for advanced reports, tracking, integration, and growth tools.
- Agency: $299.5/year, use on 25 sites, features for site management all of the Pro plan.
MonsterInsights Alternative Plugin for WordPress Google Analytics
- Site Kit by Google: Additional metrics and insights with the integration of multiple Google tools. Use their data to optimize site speed and SEO. It’s a totally free plugin, so download it from WordPress.org or install it from your dashboard.
24. WP Adminify (Custom Dashboard)
WP Adminify is one of the latest WordPress dashboard plugins that lets you easily customize your WordPress dashboard. It also comes with several pre-built themes. So, with just a few clicks, you can change the entire color scheme and outlook of your admin area.
Moreover, you get to enable and disable all the modules of the dashboard on its setup wizard. As a result, you’ll have a clean yet beautiful dashboard with only the options that you really need. This plays a vital role in improving the user experience of the WordPress dashboard.
- Using the Folder module, you can organize all your pages, posts, and media in folders.
- Provides Google Pagespeed insights to help you with finding issues for page speed.
- Login Customizer offers you many customization options for your WordPress login page.
- Make your own dashboard widgets such as the welcome widget.
- Easily create a custom sidebar and add widgets to it.
- Contains menu and post duplicator modules with which you can create copies of your menus and posts, respectively.
And these are just a few of the features that WP Adminify provides. Check out the full review on WP Adminify to know more in detail about this unique WordPress plugin.
WP Adminify is a freemium WordPress plugin. It means there are both free and premium versions of it. You can download the free version right from WordPress.org or also from its original site. Another way is to directly install and activate from your own WordPress dashboard.
When it comes to the premium plans, there are 4 of them that suit different needs. So, you can choose one of the following.
- Personal: At $59, you can use the plugin for 1 site. And it offers you priority support, dismiss admin notices, 1 year of updates, etc.
- Business: For 3 sites, you can choose this plan worth $89. Using it, you’ll get dedicated support, all the Personal plan features, and other exclusive features.
- Agency: With the price of $199, it includes dedicated support, all the Business plan features, and a white label of WP Adminify to use for up to 100 sites.
- Enterprise: Costs $349 and comes with all the Agency plan features. And you get to use it for about 1000 sites.
WP Adminify Alternative Plugins for WordPress Dashboard
Want to know other best WordPress dashboard plugins to consider using? Then, here’s the best alternative to WP Adminify.
- Ultra WordPress Admin Theme – A multisite compatible plugin so you’re able to use one default site theme for all the sites on that network with a simple click. This premium plugin costs $23 at the CodeCanyon marketplace.
25. Business Directory (Directory)
If you’re planning to build a directory website, then Business Directory is the most professional WordPress directory plugin. Even if you’re not a tech-savvy person, you can simply install and use it to make listings of anything. Such as book reviews, real estate, or any business listings.
An important feature of directory websites is the search function. And this plugin is great with the quick-search function. As it includes sorting options for categories and listings so users get to choose the sort order. Also, you can show/hide the fields for the search from the advanced search screen.
- Accepts free or paid listings via Authorize.net.
- Contains a built-in CSV import and export function to easily create directory listing.
- Comes with spam protection features through reCAPTCHA to avoid spam listings.
- Restrict the number of images that one can upload per list depending upon the fee plan.
- Multiple image options like drag and drop image uploads, thumbnail sizing, etc.
- Consists of several add-ons for file upload, review/ratings, Google Maps, and more.
Therefore, the Business Directory is one of the top WordPress directory plugins when it comes to building directory sites.
Easily download the free version of Business Directory from the plugin directory of WordPress.org. Or you can also install it from your WordPress dashboard right away.
Since there are several other add-ons available, you get to choose a pricing plan for premium features. They are:
- Basic: To use it on 1 site, choose this plan that costs $49.5/year. It comes with features like unlimited and featured listings, file upload, PayPal, WPML integration, etc.
- Pro: At $149.5/year, you can use it for up to 3 sites. Here, you’ll get all the Basic plan features. Plus, discount codes, priority support, Google Maps, etc. are other features.
- Elite: With the price of $249.5/year, you can use it for unlimited sites. Along with the Pro plan features, you also get multisite support, directory themes, Stripe integration, etc.
Business Directory Alternative Plugins for WordPress Directory
Looking for a premium plugin to create a directory site? Then, one of the top-selling WordPress directory plugins is given here.
- Directories Pro – A great initiative – even guest users can submit listings and reviews to help you in growing your directory. It’s a premium plugin that costs $39 at the CodeCanyon marketplace.
To make it simpler for you, here’s our list of the best WordPress directory themes. So, make sure to have a look.
26. Real Estate Manager Pro (Real Estate)
Real Estate Manager Pro is one of the most popular WordPress real estate plugins that generate a responsive property listing. It offers clean and beautiful property templates. And they’ve great features like property types, property video, Google Maps, advanced AJAX search, and more.
Furthermore, it’s also a property management system. So, you can own and maintain a real estate marketplace. With that, you can approve registered agents, accept property submissions, agent profile management, paid ads, and lots more.
- Supports integration to WooCommerce to manage paid subscriptions.
- Contains 15+ WPBakery Page Builder add-ons and 15+ Divi modules.
- Get email alerts for property inquiries and be able to send custom email messages for agent registration.
- Integration of captcha to maintain security in registration and contact forms.
- Includes helpful widgets like search widget and mortgage calculator widgets to add.
- Based on actions and filters. So, developers can modify and add new functions with ease.
This shows that Real Estate Manager Pro is one of the best WordPress plugins for developers.
It’s a premium plugin so you can purchase it from the CodeCanyon marketplace. The regular license costs $39 and comes with future updates and 6 months of support. And if you’d like to extend the support to 12 months, then it costs you a total of $51.75.
Real Estate Manager Pro Alternative Plugins for WordPress Real Estate
Would you like to try a free WordPress plugin instead? Then, here’s the best alternative for it.
- Estatik – A cool feature is that it lets the registered members save searches and wishlists (of properties they like for later). Freemium (free version available in WordPress.org and Estatik Pro starts at the price of $89/year) plugin.
To help you with building a real estate listing site, check our list of the best real estate WordPress themes.
27. The Events Calendar (Events)
As the name says, The Events Calendar is a standard WordPress plugin to create and manage event calendars on websites. And you can use it to manage any kind of event. So it can be used for your online events, or events for businesses, agencies, education, non-profits, or anything.
Furthermore, you can choose between multiple flexible calendar views to keep on your site. It means you get to display your events by day, month, or in a list. Also, you’re able to show the events in a photo grid, on a map, by week, or in a summary.
- Able to import events from other calendars using its CSV importer. And visitors can subscribe to event updates via iCalendar or Google Calendar.
- Add the time zone of your events so that it keeps everyone on the same schedule.
- Keep specific featured events to engage users and increase the attendance of the events.
- Contains multiple shortcodes and blocks for adding a calendar or event, showing event countdown, etc.
- Comes with widgets to add the events to any place on your site. With that, you can show a mini-calendar grid view, upcoming events, etc.
- Seamless integration with Zoom for virtual events.
Therefore, The Events Calendar is one of the professional WordPress event plugins. So, make sure to try it out for your events.
The Events Calendar is a freemium plugin with both free and pro versions. Some of its free features are (month, list, day) view, categories/tags, and a responsive calendar. To get the plugin, simply download it from WordPress.org or its original website. Also, you get to install it from your own dashboard.
If you want to get the exclusive features, then purchase the pro version. The pricing plans of the Pro plan are based on the number of sites you can use for.
While the features are the same including Elementor integration, advanced widgets, custom fields, and many more. Also, you get updates and support for a year. So, the plans are:
- 1 Site: Costs $99.
- 3 Sites: Price of $199.
- 10 Sites: Worth $399.
- Multisite: Cost of $399.
- Unlimited: The price is $799.
The Events Calendar Alternative Plugins for WordPress Events
Check out some of the best alternative examples of WordPress event plugins below.
- WP Event Manager – Host online events through virtual Expo functionality – get complete access to sessions, lounges, tables, and exhibitor halls. The core plugin is free on WordPress.org. Starting price of the paid add-ons is $19 while the lowest bundle package costs $240. Check WP Event Manager review.
- EventON – Shows real-time live events as it automatically removes the completed events and displays the upcoming events. A premium virtual event plugin that costs $25 in the CodeCanyon marketplace.
28. Cool Timeline Pro (Timeline)
One of the top-selling and best WordPress timeline plugins is Cool Timeline Pro. You can use it to showcase a timeline of your life history or your company’s story. Also, you can easily convert your blog posts into a blog timeline.
And that too in a responsive horizontal or vertical chronological order. Such as based on the year or date of your posts. In addition to that, using a timeline shortcode, you get to display the timeline in ascending or descending order.
- Offers 40+ timeline designs and 4 timeline layouts.
- In your timeline story, you can easily add images, videos, and slideshow images.
- Able to add pagination or Ajax load more button after a number of your timeline stories.
- Contains 15+ cool animation effects for an eye-catching experience.
- Ability to choose a custom color for every story in your timeline.
- Add category-based filters above a timeline to easily view stories.
Overall, it’s a great WordPress plugin best for blogs and businesses.
Cool Timeline Pro, as the name says, is a premium WordPress plugin. That’s why you’ve to buy it at $25 from the CodeCanyon marketplace. With that, you’ll get future updates and 6 months of support. If you require 12 months of support instead, then it costs you a total of $32.5.
In case you need a free solution, then it also has a free version on WordPress.org. You can simply search ‘Cool Timeline’ on the plugin repository and install it.
29. Modula Image Gallery (Gallery)
Modula Image Gallery is a must-have gallery plugin to add a gallery to your website. It’s useful for almost any kind of website, from blogs to eCommerce stores. The plugin is very responsive and doesn’t slow down your website.
If you’re looking for a secure gallery plugin that not only showcases your pictures beautifully but also protects them, then this is the way to go. It gives you image security by cutting off right click and keyboard shortcut features to download images. Also, there are a lot of features in it to make your website stand out.
- Video extensions allow you to combine videos with your images.
- Password protection allows you to encrypt your gallery with passwords.
- Right-click protection prevents anyone from downloading your pictures by disabling the save image feature.
- The slider allows you to convert your gallery into a beautiful slider.
- You can also create albums in your gallery with the Albums feature.
- The import/export tool allows you to migrate your images to another website with little effort.
You can get this plugin for free from the WordPress.org plugin directory. Also, you can find and install it from your dashboard only.
For exclusive features, you can buy its premium version. And the pricing plans available for it are:
- Starter: $39, use on 1 site, regular support, with features like video, gallery filters, etc.
- Trio: $69, use on 3 sites, priority support, contains features like sliders, albums, etc. alongside Starter features.
- Business: $99, use on 5 sites, everything on Trio plan and also others like role management, watermark, etc.
Modula Image Gallery Alternative Plugins for WordPress Grid
- Essential Grid: Consists of 50+ starter grid designs in its template library. Customize it the way you like for great-looking images, videos, and audio galleries. Purchase this premium plugin at $69 from the CodeCanyon marketplace.
- Smash Balloon: Showcase your Instagram posts from your Instagram account easily. Either in the same single feed or multiple different ones. Also, it has separate plugins for Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube feeds. Easy to get started with the free plugin from WordPress.org. Buy the paid version with a starting cost of $49/year.
- PostX: Offers overall 92+ readymade block designs, 14+ starter packs, and 40+ block layout designs (free+paid). Install the free plugin from the WordPress.org plugin directory. For the paid version, the lowest plan cost is $41/year. Check PostX review.
30. Smart Slider 3 (Slider)
One of the best slider creation plugins on the internet is Smart Slider 3. This plugin allows you to create sliders on your website with minimum effort. It has a beautiful user interface, is responsive, and works with any WordPress theme.
The plugin doesn’t slow down your website and doesn’t require any technical knowledge to operate. It can be installed directly from the WordPress plugin repository.
- Position editors allow you to edit the position of your sliders on your website.
- The slide library has a lot of pre-made slides to help you start making sliders.
- Full WordPress integration.
- 9 smooth background animations for your sliders.
- SEO optimized.
- Allows you to create dynamic slides.
Smart Slider 3 is a completely free plugin to download and use. Apart from WordPress.org, you can also download it from its official site.
Smart Slider 3 Alternative Plugins for WordPress Sliders
- Slider Revolution: Comes with 20+ powerful add-ons. Such as advanced transition, Lottie animation, charts, particles, scroll video, panorama, and lots more. A premium plugin that costs $85 at the CodeCanyon marketplace.
- Master Slider: Offers multiple types of sliders – parallax, touch, layered, YouTube, Flickr, image and content, post, WooCommerce, etc. Premium plugin, cheaper in price, costs $34 in the CodeCanyon marketplace.
31. WPML (Multilingual and Translation)
If you’re looking for a WordPress multilingual plugin that can translate your pages, then you’re in the right place. WPML (WordPress Multilingual) is a plugin that does just that and it does translations accurately.
It lets you translate all your content into any language with high accuracy. Moreover, it has a separate dashboard to edit translations or outsource to professional translators. This ensures that your pages are translated with the highest quality.
- Compatible with all WordPress themes and plugins.
- 100+ languages to translate to.
- Help from professional translators, if needed.
- Translations are updated in real-time.
- SEO optimized even in new languages.
WPML is a premium WordPress plugin. So, you’ve to purchase it from its site. Its pricing plans of it are:
- Blog: At $39, you get to translate unlimited pages, posts, and menus yourself for 1 production and 3 development sites.
- CMS: Costs $99 and comes with support to eCommerce, page builders, Full Site Editing (FSE), and more for 3 production and 9 development sites.
- Agency: At $199, it offers all the CMS plan features and unlimited sites.
WPML Alternative Plugins for WordPress Multilingual and Translation
- Polylang: Add a customizable language switcher in the navigation or use it as a widget. Free plugin present in WordPress.org. Premium version with starting price of €99.
- TranslatePress: Directly translate your overall site page from your front-end interface at once. Also, a freemium plugin, the free version is available on WordPress.org, the pro version has a starting price of $79/year.
32. SeedProd (Coming Soon)
If you need a custom coming soon, maintenance mode, or landing pages and don’t have much technical knowledge, then this plugin is the one for you. SeedProd gives you the option to create all these pages of your choice for free.
This plugin makes it easier for you to create a coming soon page if you have a product or service that’s arriving on your website shortly. It’s completely beginner-friendly as the interface is drag-and-drop. Let’s look at some more features it offers.
- Works with every WordPress theme.
- Easy to use with drag-and-drop page builder.
- Build your custom page however you like.
- Headline block, text block, image block, and more for better customization.
- Easy addition of custom CSS and HTML.
- Very responsive.
Thus, it’s one of the best choices of WordPress coming soon plugins.
SeedProd is a freemium plugin, so for the free version, you can easily download it from WordPress.org. It’s also possible to install the plugin on your dashboard right away.
To get the advanced features, you’ve to purchase the premium pricing plan. And they are:
- Basic: $39.5/year, 1 site, 50 pro templates, 30+ pro page blocks, standard support, and more.
- Plus: $99.5/year, 3 sites, 100 pro templates, features of the Basic plan, 100+ pro section templates, etc.
- Pro: $199.5/year, 5 sites, 150 pro templates, features of Plus plan, Theme Builder, and more.
- Elite: $239.6/year, unlimited sites, features of Pro plan, domain mapping, etc.
SeedProd Alternative Plugin for WordPress Coming Soon
- WP Maintenance Mode & Coming Soon: Insert a countdown timer with a date to show the remaining time for your site to be available. Download this free plugin from WordPress.org.
33. Really Simple SSL (SSL)
Really Simple SSL is one of the most downloaded WordPress SSL encryption plugins with over 5 million active installs. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is an internet security protocol for the secure transmission of files over a network.
Thus, this plugin will move your website to SSL with a click. To be specific, the plugin auto-detects your settings and then configures your site to run over HTTPS.
So, first, activate the plugin and then activate the SSL in your hosting environment. Or you can also generate a free Let’s Encrypt certificate in the plugin. Lastly, enable SSL with one click.
- With the mixed content fixer and scan, your site gets a secure lock.
- Includes extensive scan that can detect the source of mixed content.
- Offers HttpOnly and Secure flags to make the cookies secure and encrypted.
- Compatible with multisite support.
- Improve your security by enabling HTTP Strict Transport Security (force users to visit the site over HTTPS).
Really Simple SSL is one of the vital WordPress plugins to maintain the security of your site.
This plugin is also freemium. So, if you want to just use the free version, then download it from WordPress.org. Or downloading from its original site is also possible. Another way is installing and activating from your WordPress dashboard.
For the premium pricing plans, each of them offers features including mixed content filter pro, security headers, HSTS preload list, and HTTP Strict Transport Security.
While the plans are based on the number of sites one can build. They are:
- Personal: Get 1 site license at the cost of $29.
- Professional: At $69, you get to use it for up to 5 domains.
- Agency: Use for up to 25 sites with the cost of $169. You’ll also get the Multisite plugin.
34. Redirection (Redirects)
Redirection is completely free and one of the necessary WordPress redirection manager plugins. Using it, you can manage 301 redirects, keep track of 404 errors, and solve the loose ends of your site with ease. With that, you get to lessen your site’s errors and also improve site ranking.
Moreover, there’s no limitation to it. You can use it on sites with a few redirects to sites with thousands of redirects. And with the use of the redirect manager, you can quickly and simply create and manage all your redirects. Also, you get to configure it to monitor the changes.
- Instead of a straightforward redirect, you can also use conditional redirects. Conditions can be login status, WordPress compatibility, browser, etc.
- Contains a configurable full logging option to show all of your site’s redirects with info.
- Supports integration to Search Regex with which you get to bulk update your redirects.
- Able to add HTTP headers to the redirects or entire site for more security.
- Ability to customize the plugin for different users to refine their permissions.
Thus, Redirection is indeed the best WordPress tool to deal with site redirections.
As said before, Redirection is 100% free to use. So, go to the plugin directory of WordPress.org and download the plugin right away. Even installing the plugin from your dashboard is possible.
Redirection Alternative Plugins for WordPress Redirect
Looking for another basic WordPress redirect manager plugin? Then, here’s one that falls under the examples of such WordPress plugins.
- 301 Redirects – Powerful features like built-in charts that give you information about what’s going on on your site. Freemium plugin so the free version is downloadable on WordPress.org. The premium version offers a lifetime license with a starting cost of $49.
35. All-in-One WP Migration (Migration)
All-in-One WP Migration is the best free WordPress migration plugin. It helps you export your WordPress website with little to no technical effort. And it’s very easy to install and use.
Furthermore, it helps to transfer your website to another website platform. This includes your database, plugins, themes, and media files. It also provides an option to apply an unlimited number of find and replace operations on your database during the export process.
- No limitations on the host or operating system.
- Unlimited export size, meaning you don’t have to compress everything to export your files.
- Doesn’t require any PHP extensions to operate.
- It supports both MySQL and MYSQLi.
- Dozens of premium extensions.
It’s a 100% free WordPress plugin so you can download it from WordPress.org. And that’s in its plugin directory. Or you get to also download it from its original site.
All-in-One WP Migration Alternative Plugin for WordPress Migration
- Duplicator: Easily bundle up a duplicate website for reuse or distribution. Contains both free and pro versions. Free plugin available on WordPress.org. Duplicator Pro starts at $69 cost.
36. Advanced Custom Fields (Custom Fields)
Advanced Custom Fields is one of the famous WordPress plugins that make content editing a lot easier. And that’s because using this plugin, you can take full control over your WordPress edit screens and custom field data.
In simpler terms, the plugin gives you a field builder where you can easily add fields to the WordPress edit screens. Now, you can add the fields anywhere you like, that can be posts, users, media, etc. Moreover, you can show the custom field values everywhere in any theme template.
- A simple yet intuitive plugin that contains 30+ field types to use.
- The premium version comes with advanced fields like the repeater, gallery, clone, etc.
- Comes with custom ACF blocks that are highly customizable and dynamic.
- The options page gives features to insert additional admin pages to edit the ACF fields.
- With moving fields functionality, you can easily move a field between groups.
To conclude, Advanced Custom Fields is an essential WordPress plugin to get the custom fields you need.
As a freemium plugin, Advanced Custom Fields is available in both free and paid versions. Downloading or installing the free plugin is simple. You can download it from WordPress.org or install it right from your dashboard.
If you want to use the advanced features, then choose from the following 3 premium pricing plans.
- Personal: Costs $49/year and comes with all the pro features. And you can also have unlimited updates for 1 website.
- Freelancer: At $149/year, you can use the plan for up to 10 sites. Also, you’ll get all the pro features and unlimited updates.
- Agency: Use this plan for unlimited sites at the price of $249/year. Also, get unlimited updates and all pro features.
We hope that this article helped you learn about the best WordPress plugins and tools for your site in 2022. We hope that you learn what is actually working in 2022 and why they are the best from the article.
Although they’re the best ones for the certain features they offer, choosing the plugin for your site depends on your needs. Still, this article works as a great reference for what plugins to get.
You may also want to check our article on the best WordPress themes. Other than that, have a look at our latest article on the top web hosting services.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.